Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Using the coupon code WWP gives you a month free.

I don't know think this is active, I just tried using it and the coupon code was invalid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It expired :smith:

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Piss. There might be another one somewhere.

Cage of Death is up on CZW Studios.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm really excited for mystery vortex tomorrow. PWG not running for 3 months after Bola makes me real curious on who is going to be there.

I'm also going to a local Indy show in January that should be fun. The main event is Willie Mack vs RVD which is a weird match. Drago is wrestling Low Ki, the match I'm most excited for though is Jeff Cobb vs Elgin.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Piss. There might be another one somewhere.

Cage of Death is up on CZW Studios.

How stupid was the structure this year? It's one of the few things that rarely disappoints (the cage structure, not the match itself)

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The_Rob posted:

I'm really excited for mystery vortex tomorrow. PWG not running for 3 months after Bola makes me real curious on who is going to be there.

I'm also going to a local Indy show in January that should be fun. The main event is Willie Mack vs RVD which is a weird match. Drago is wrestling Low Ki, the match I'm most excited for though is Jeff Cobb vs Elgin.

i'm way behind on pwg this year but hero's farewell show immediately jumps to the top of my list

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

oatgan posted:

i'm way behind on pwg this year but hero's farewell show immediately jumps to the top of my list

So Hero vs. the entire roster. Which at least makes it fair weight-wise.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

C. Everett Koop posted:

How stupid was the structure this year? It's one of the few things that rarely disappoints (the cage structure, not the match itself)

I'll know soon. Still watching the show right now.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
Chris Hero is indeed in Los Angeles. He was at Meltdown Comics last week watching a comedy show.
Who should be Hero's final PWG opponent?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dr. Baker posted:

Chris Hero is indeed in Los Angeles. He was at Meltdown Comics last week watching a comedy show.
Who should be Hero's final PWG opponent?

feel like he should go out with a title match but it would be fitting for him to put over a newcomer one last time

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

oatgan posted:

feel like he should go out with a title match but it would be fitting for him to put over a newcomer one last time

The title match is already Skrull vs Sabre. The Indy scene has been so picked through by WWE I really can't decide who his final opponent should be. So it would actually be perfect for him to put over sole new comer.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well here's the list of candidates for his remaining relevant match:

Sami Callihan
Pentagon Jr.
Fenix
Mike Elgin
Matt Riddle
Drew Galloway
Chuck Taylor
Colt Cabana
Mat Fitchett
Davey Vega
Homicide
Dave Crist
Jake Crist
Dezmond Xavier
Kongo Kong

wouldn't mind it being big mike

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i would suggest pete dunne but you bring up a good point, he could wrestle the entire cast of AAW regulars

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

I'll know soon. Still watching the show right now.

Update: Not as elaborate as some of the past Cage of Deaths but there sure is a lot of plunder plus a scaffold.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

well here's the list of candidates for his remaining relevant match:

Sami Callihan
Pentagon Jr.
Fenix
Mike Elgin
Matt Riddle
Drew Galloway
Chuck Taylor
Colt Cabana
Mat Fitchett
Davey Vega
Homicide
Dave Crist
Jake Crist
Dezmond Xavier
Kongo Kong

wouldn't mind it being big mike

Hero vs Riddle would be cool

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

https://twitter.com/beyondwrestling/status/809585596868030466

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

good match

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
is that show going to be on Floslam

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

The_Rob posted:

Jeff Cobb vs Elgin.

Yooo, that sounds awesome

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

BlueArmyMan posted:

Yooo, that sounds awesome

Yeah that poo poo is going to rule.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

is that show going to be on Floslam
12/11 double shot with EVOLVE is the only thing they scheduled for Floslam and I believe this final 2016 show is specifically because they wanted another monthly show for their youtube service.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Hero/Riddle seems like the obvious choice for his final PWG match but I suspect there's at least an outside chance they'll pull a Gulak in Chikara farewell and have him fight Super Dragon after the title match

It would probably make more sense for him to put over a newcomer since that's what he's done so, so well for PWG over the last 2+ years, but that would also be a real 'moment', you know? Even during Super Dragon's aborted return last year he didn't work a singles match.

Hoping for some surprise debuts with all the departures that have been happening lately. Lio Rush and Jon Gresham are on my shortlist for singles guys (I think Biff was stumping for Gresham and Hot Sauce to get booked in PWG on his way out?) and Shane Taylor/Keith Lee should have been in Reseda months ago.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 16, 2016

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'd like to see Joey Janella show up. I think he would get over in reseda pretty easy.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I'd like to see Joey Janella show up. I think he would get over in reseda pretty easy.

thats if he doesn't die doing stupid garbage bumps again

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

KungFu Grip posted:

thats if he doesn't die doing stupid garbage bumps again

I like AR Fox too.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I like AR Fox too.

AR Fox's bumps are safe and respectable compared to the poo poo that Janela has done this year.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Why stop at one last match? Put Chris Hero in the PWG Gauntlet and have him fight 8 guys

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Jaka, Chris Dickinson, and Jason Kincaid signed WWN contracts.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Good for them, they're all good.

I like the Super Dragon idea but I think he did the tag matches because of physical limitations. Might not really be able to do lengthy singles matches anymore.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the CZW Cage of Death show is really good, Shane Strickland vs Desmond Xavier tore the loving roof off. Even got the usually racist poo poo Jersey crowd to pop big.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/809568809250070528
https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/809597490014158849

this means mat fitchett doesnt have a tag match booked

gonna be honest fitchett/hero at the bola-killer was probably my favorite match that i saw live all year

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Really happy about this, especially the Kincaid part

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Super No Vacancy posted:

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/809568809250070528
https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/809597490014158849

this means mat fitchett doesnt have a tag match booked

gonna be honest fitchett/hero at the bola-killer was probably my favorite match that i saw live all year

It was amazing and I wouldn't mind if they rematched on 12/30 with Fitchett going over in what could be Chris Hero's last match before jumping to WWE.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Looks like people jumped the gun regarding Hero.

https://mobile.twitter.com/socaluncensored/status/810013588098191360

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Yeah he said it was something that was proposed to him and it's all up in the air. It sounds like he might be waiting on medical poo poo.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
He specifically brought up the Willie Mack situation in terms of not wanting to jump the gun until it's a done deal.

Full results:

Trent? def. Candice LeRae
Trevor Lee def. ACH
Matt Sydal def. Pete Dunne
reDRagon def. Death by Elbow
Chuck Taylor def. Adam Cole to become #1 contender to the PWG World Championship
Matt Riddle and Jeff Cobb def. the Young Bucks (non-title match)
Zack Sabre Jr. def. Marty Scurll to retain the PWG World Championship

Good show but nothing earth-shattering. Was hoping for some debuts, but it was definitely nice to see Candice and ACH back. The opener was really good, it was probably my second favorite match on the card after the tag team match. Main event was good but way too long just like their first match.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

He specifically brought up the Willie Mack situation in terms of not wanting to jump the gun until it's a done deal.

Full results:

Trent? def. Candice LeRae
Trevor Lee def. ACH
Matt Sydal def. Pete Dunne
reDRagon def. Death by Elbow
Chuck Taylor def. Adam Cole to become #1 contender to the PWG World Championship
Matt Riddle and Jeff Cobb def. the Young Bucks (non-title match)
Zack Sabre Jr. def. Marty Scurll to retain the PWG World Championship

Good show but nothing earth-shattering. Was hoping for some debuts, but it was definitely nice to see Candice and ACH back. The opener was really good, it was probably my second favorite match on the card after the tag team match. Main event was good but way too long just like their first match.

yeah I bet it was nice to see ACH, would have loved to have seen him last night at the show in Dallas he was signed to for 60 days before cancelling on 3 days notice.

Anyway, Keith Lee vs. Big Mike was awesome

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ch3cooh posted:

yeah I bet it was nice to see ACH, would have loved to have seen him last night at the show in Dallas he was signed to for 60 days before cancelling on 3 days notice.

Anyway, Keith Lee vs. Big Mike was awesome

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/810036535584321536
Riddle was advertised for a PCW show, but apparently PWG gave them hush money to book Riddle and not have PCW say that Riddle couldn't be booked.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
The card so far for the 12/29 Beyond Wrestling show

- Chris Hero vs. Keith Lee
- Kimber Lee vs. Donovan Dijak
- Chris Dickinson & Jaka vs. Da Hit Squad
- David Starr vs. Jonathan Gresham
- Joey Janela vs. John Silver
- Team TREMENDOUS vs. Matthew Riddle & Chuck O'Neil
- Veda Scott & Sonya Strong vs. Jordynne Grace & ???
- Tracy Williams vs. Pinkie Sanchez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

- Chris Hero vs. Keith Lee

This sounds Extremely Dope