Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Realtalk: If Obama actually tries to delay transition then the blame for everything that results will be entirely his.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

MizPiz posted:

I think we're done here.

See you guys on the otherside.

who the gently caress is this rando

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yinlock posted:

is her incompetence somehow responsible for donald trump being a loving idiot

Trump being an idiot won't have caused the constitutional crisis/civil war. That will be entirely on the Obama.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

Trump being an idiot won't have caused the constitutional crisis/civil war. That will be entirely on the Obama.

i think we passed constitutional crises a long time ago

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

like the time when trump did that crime

or that other crime

or that other other crime

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
tbh a civil war is more desirable than a trump presidency, maybe we can get reconstruction right this time

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Yinlock posted:

Nah.

The important thing isn't that Trump is violating the Constitution or whatever. The important thing is that Barry and the rest of the Dems are holding a match and about to burn the entire loving thing down.

It only becomes a crisis when someone gets a hare up their rear end about prosecuting it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I mean it's clearly going to be nothing but don't act like trump not being president is a grave situation in any way

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

i can't believe obama hates keith and bernie so much that he start a loving war

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Yinlock posted:

am i not allowed to criticize donald j trump without prefacing it with 20 disclaimers about how this is all hillary clinton's fault

Go to a corner and recite 20 Hail Bernards and think about your morals.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Nah.

The important thing isn't that Trump is violating the Constitution or whatever. The important thing is that Barry and the rest of the Dems are holding a match and about to burn the entire loving thing down.

It only becomes a crisis when someone gets a hare up their rear end about prosecuting it.

admittedly they should have done more than nothing at all as they watched a giant swarm of deadly wasps build a nest nearby, but i would not object to an attempt to get rid of them

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Yinlock posted:

I mean it's clearly going to be nothing but don't act like trump not being president is a grave situation in any way

I don't give much of a gently caress about Trump himself and never have.

My concern is that we have a pretty wide swathe of Americans who feel that their voice has been marginalized and their concerns are unheard by either major party establishment. Trump was an expression of that frustration and anger, and if the *SYSTEM* turns around and invalidates an election after they lose because of a secret memo written by secret people, then things are going to move in a very scary direction very quickly.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yinlock posted:

No we didn't. What on earth would make you think that??

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Zikan posted:

i can't believe obama hates keith and bernie so much that he start a loving war
this would be the perfect bellend to the poo poo tower of babel going on this year

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

zegermans posted:

Go to a corner and recite 20 Hail Bernards and think about your morals.
i have shamed my family for six generations

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I knew I shoulda bought a gun.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Penisaurus Sex posted:

My concern is that we have a pretty wide swathe of Americans who feel that their voice has been marginalized and their concerns are unheard by either major party establishment. Trump was an expression of that frustration and anger, and if the *SYSTEM* turns around and invalidates an election after they lose because of a secret memo written by secret people, then things are going to move in a very scary direction very quickly.
was it not moving in a scary direction beforehand

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

HorseRenoir posted:

tbh a civil war is more desirable than a trump presidency, maybe we can get reconstruction right this time

Trump could easily win and hundreds of thousands would die. gently caress you.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Yinlock posted:

It is, but "person with terrible opinions and instincts is president" is a situation that doesn't upend the entire political structure, while "party in power refuses to transfer government after losing an election, while alleging the incoming party is literal traitors based on unseen secret evidence" is a whole other ball of wax entirely.

Which, among other reasons, is why I'm pretty sure this dude is huffing paint and it's not what he's suggesting.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Nah.

Havent we complained for 1000 pages about how Democrats need to fight back?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

zegermans posted:

Not like this. loving not like this.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

LGD posted:

It is, but "person with terrible opinions and instincts is president" is a situation that doesn't upend the entire political structure, while "party in power refuses to transfer government after losing an election, while alleging the incoming party is literal traitors based on unseen secret evidence" is a whole other ball of wax entirely.

Which, among other reasons, is why I'm pretty sure this dude is huffing paint and it's not what he's suggesting.

what if that person also hired the worst possible person for every position and also loves nukes a lot

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Penisaurus Sex posted:

who the gently caress caaaaares

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

Trump could easily win and hundreds of thousands would die. gently caress you.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

No one in this thread is allowed to talk about guillotines ever again.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

docbeard posted:

No one in this thread is allowed to talk about guillotines ever again.
marie antoinette

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

zegermans posted:

"gently caress i didn't think they'd actually do it" seems to be 2016's running theme

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but I never thought so many liberals would be so nonchalant about the end of American democracy.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

listen, Pollyanna, I'm actually not trying to mock you, I'm seriously confused and rather stunned that you weren't taught this by some person somewhere

i mean i knew that was the case, i just didn't really understand why and how. the important things in my life are "am i financially secure", "am i in a safe area", "am i discriminated against" and "how lovely is rent" and stuff. i understand that local and state law accounts for a lot, but it's the federal government that determines things like social security, provision of health case, monetary support, etc. like, the big stuff that i have to worry about.

maybe i just have a lack of perspective.

edit: like if i want UBI, socialized healthcare, pensions instead of lovely 401ks, and anti-discrimination policies, that's stuff the feds decide, right?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Kingfish posted:

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but I never thought so many liberals would be so blasé about the end of American democracy.
given 36 years of reaganomics, how can't you be

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Yinlock posted:

was it not moving in a scary direction beforehand

That depends on how scary you consider a generic Republican president to be, and how much scarier you consider Trump to be than that.

I think he's a lot less scary than a President Cruz or President Kasich or President Jeb!, for starters.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Nah.

Nothings gonna fuckin happen tomorrow

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Penisaurus Sex posted:

That depends on how scary you consider a generic Republican president to be, and how much scarier you consider Trump to be than that.

I think he's a lot less scary than a President Cruz or President Kasich or President Jeb!, for starters.

his chief adviser is an actual nazi

like trump himself isn't THAT much worse than a standard republican but he has hired the worst people imaginable for every single position

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

AngryBooch posted:

also this

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yinlock posted:

what if that person also hired the worst possible person for every position and also loves nukes a lot

Then democrats shouldn't have sucked poo poo at politics.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Oh, and speaking of panic and how totally nobody in this thread has ever panicked about anything ever:

Obama: Announces a press conference.

Thread: WE'RE ALL DOOMED

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Obama's gonna recess appoint some people and make a speech I bet

Barack "Don't do stupid poo poo(spends 8 years getting entangled in whatever the NatSec flunkies want him to be)" Obama will not do something super drastic

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

AngryBooch posted:

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Yinlock posted:

his chief adviser is an actual nazi

like trump himself isn't THAT much worse than a standard republican but he has hired the worst people imaginable for every single position

I can think of like 50 Republicans in the House who would be wayyy worse w/r/t the staffs they would assemble in the event of a Presidential win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

lol sounds great *every urban area in America becomes Aleppo*

who could have foreseen that civil war is... bad!?

• Locked thread