Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

RatHat posted:

Are you sure you actually gave him the weapon and material rather than just having the quest for it? Like, what does he say when you talk to him? I believe he should be saying "Prepare yourself for power" or whatever when he's upgrading something.

In my quest lists it says something to the effect of "go complete quests until Cid is ready"

Also I think the Engine Blade is still in inventory which doesn't seem right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'm like 8 hours into this and still don't really get the combat even though I did the tutorial before starting. I'm an idiot but it's also just a little weird.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

triple sulk posted:

I'm like 8 hours into this and still don't really get the combat even though I did the tutorial before starting. I'm an idiot but it's also just a little weird.

Try an alternate control scheme.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

triple sulk posted:

Level up magic

Use magic

(cue victory fanfare)

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Soul Glo posted:

In my quest lists it says something to the effect of "go complete quests until Cid is ready"

Yeah, the quest list always says that regardless of what the quest status is. If you still have the Engine Blade, you haven't given him the materials yet. Unless you're doing a different upgrade quest.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Soul Glo posted:

Do 2 quests or hunts and then rest overnight (doesn't matter whether you camp or stay in a hotel), Cid will call you in the morning, it's a little cutscene you get before leaving in the morning. If you still have the blade in your inventory, though, it's almost certainly not in the shop and you'll need to bring him a sky gemstone. Those weapon quests are janky because they all have Cid as the quest point even though you don't have the requisite items for anything.

I just swing through Hammerhead every once in a while to see if there's any new paint colors and whether Cid takes any weapons when I talk to him.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Soul Glo posted:

Level up magic
Use magic
(cue victory fanfare)
This:
http://i.imgur.com/VNWMH8i.gifv

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

andipossess posted:

Yeah, the quest list always says that regardless of what the quest status is. If you still have the Engine Blade, you haven't given him the materials yet. Unless you're doing a different upgrade quest.

Well, that's probably it and also pretty dumb that the quest log seems to suggest I already had given him the materials-- I started multiple upgrade quests at once, so I was just hammering on the X button to get through it and assumed I just had the materials sitting in my inventory already. I guess I'll go material hunting at some point then. Thanks.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
DLC pack and freebie patch on the 22nd

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Soul Glo posted:

Well, that's probably it and also pretty dumb that the quest log seems to suggest I already had given him the materials-- I started multiple upgrade quests at once, so I was just hammering on the X button to get through it and assumed I just had the materials sitting in my inventory already. I guess I'll go material hunting at some point then. Thanks.

If you select the quest it will tell you the real status of the quest on the HUD.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

MrLonghair posted:

DLC pack and freebie patch on the 22nd

to elaborate,

Paid DLC pack includes:

Gematsu posted:

Protection Ring
Command Booster (Noctis-only)
Phantom Booster (Noctis-only)
Instant Kill Victory Song
Battle Technique Victory Song
Fortuitous Key
Stamina Anchor (Noctis-only)
Carnival Style Costume (Noctis-only) – To be added via an update in late January.
Picture Frames (Holiday Pack Limited Edition) – To be added via an update in late January.
Limited Time Carnival Ticket+ – Though the name differs from “Limited Time Carnival Ticket” included with the free Final Fantasy XV Holiday Pack, it is the same.

Free DLC pack is:

Also Gematsu posted:

Level Stopper
Annihilation Victory Song
Moogle Chocobo Carnival T-Shirt Costume (Noctis-only) – To be added via an update in late January.
Limited Time Carnival Ticket
Carnival Style Costume

the "update in late January" is a loving "Moogle Chocobo Carnival", seen here:

and that's in addition to New Game+, the Producer fight, and probably bug fixes and poo poo

who knows if the chapter 13 changes or anything will make it. I doubt it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

When the NPCs in Altissia mentioned a carnival, I was expecting something more like Carnivale to go with the literally Venice theme of the place, not that.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I cannot find any way to cook in the world of ruin, am I missing somethin

edit: nm, I'm dumb

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 16, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So wait, only Noctis get a new costume? That doesn't quite seem fair.

Unless the other Chocobros get costumes from their DLC episodes.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Maybe only Noctis goes to the carnival? It'd look ridiculous to have Noctis going all out for the carnival and the other three just moping around in black. Ignis and Gladio I'd buy not getting into the carnival spirit but Prompto? There's no way Prompto wouldn't be hyped for the moogle chocobo carnival.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Level stopper LV1 playthrough :getin:

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

ApplesandOranges posted:

Yeah, there's already a dearth of costumes so it's kinda disheartening that only Noctis gets new costumes (a free and a dlc one, it looks like)

Also is there any way to check any available hunts from a glance or do I have to check every diner individually?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ROFL Octopus posted:

Yeah, there's already a dearth of costumes so it's kinda disheartening that only Noctis gets new costumes (a free and a dlc one, it looks like)

Also is there any way to check any available hunts from a glance or do I have to check every diner individually?

You can pass in hunts to any tipster, but you can only check what's available by going to the tipster.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You can pass in hunts to any tipster, but you can only check what's available by going to the tipster.

That's what I thought. :sigh: Thanks anyway.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ROFL Octopus posted:

I am honestly surprised they didn't have like 10+ costumes ready to sell for each person. Especially since S-E loves to sell dlc.

also

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

ROFL Octopus posted:

That's what I thought. :sigh: Thanks anyway.

This game really needs a patch to put the question mark map marker on available hunts. Also to let you take on multiple hunts at once. Or maybe put that smartphone Noct has to good use and add a hunters' website where you can accept and turn in hunts on your phone.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Baron Corbyn posted:

This game really needs a patch to put the question mark map marker on available hunts. Also to let you take on multiple hunts at once. Or maybe put that smartphone Noct has to good use and add a hunters' website where you can accept and turn in hunts on your phone.

To be fair, we've only seen them use the phones for... well, calling people. No evidence of any other functionality on it so far.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ApplesandOranges posted:

To be fair, we've only seen them use the phones for... well, calling people. No evidence of any other functionality on it so far.

One of the camping idle animations is them playing a multiplayer on their phone.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Ground out a bunch of levels doing a few quests and getting most of the king weapons and went from 35 to 47 and gave the final mission a try. king behemoth was handled almost entirely by ramuh, ifrit phase 1 I'm assuming it's supposed to be a joke, ifrit phase 2 want remotely hard, and Ardyn was no difficulty as well.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Is the Steyliff Grove sealed door dungeon the longest one? Because holy gently caress it took forever.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I finally beat this game after having it since launch. I like that the main menu now has Noctis sitting next to Luna.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Khisanth Magus posted:

ifrit phase 2 want remotely hard,

That part was pretty confusing. I assume it was required to kill him with Shiva since I had him at 0 HP for about three minutes and nothing was happening. The fact that he was inexplicably freezing over every five seconds was a pretty big tip, but the summon option didn't seem to be popping up for a long time.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I can now finally say that I have beaten Final Fantasy XV.
The ending was quite good.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Levantine posted:

Post game: I decided to beeline for the Adamantoise and jesus christ don't do that unless you're optimized for it. It's not difficult in the slightest but I fought him for well over an hour, easy. No summons the entire fight either. I won with a combination of Overwhelm/Bow of the Clever spam (which killed me every time, which is weird because it never did before today) and armiger chains. Everything else was fighting the camera. I like the idea of the fight but the reality just does not work.

Yeah something's def up with that combo when it suddenly doesn't work for other people either. Did you beat the game between it working and stopping to work? For me it started doing damage the moment i got into Chapter 14 so I'm starting to wonder if being able to do it without damage is a bug and some flag in the endgame "fixes" it

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I can't believe chapter 13 is a real thing they put in this game

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I've learned to love the bioblaster. Poison is a good status to use in groups of Tonberrys and Wyverns.

Break damage limit didn't need to be so AP expensive. Everything in the sealed dungeons are huge damage sponges that could KO in one hit if you're lazy. By the 4th group of Tonberrys I've been pretty adept in fighting them without using too many items. Weapon immune flans are a dick move though. It's unlikely you enter a dungeon without 99 of every element, enough that you can make 20x use spells of -aga, level but for me I almost did.

60 hours into the game I just noticed that costumes have stat bonuses applied to them. Taking off your jacket raises your attack and magic by 100 points. That is a thing you should know.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I'm still reminiscing after beating the game and I really do feel like what they managed to pull off with the gang was exceptional. It's rare to actually see a game do this kind of believable, strong platonic love between characters, especially male characters.

I don't even wanna make gay jokes about them anymore because I feel like it'd cheapen the kinship they have going on.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What accessories do you guys use on your bros? HP seems super important for them so I was thinking just trying to get their HP as high as possible, with maybe a Ribbon for certain encounters.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

RatHat posted:

What accessories do you guys use on your bros? HP seems super important for them so I was thinking just trying to get their HP as high as possible, with maybe a Ribbon for certain encounters.

I usually went for vitality and strength accessories, but HP is probably a good idea for Prompto. Lotta choices!

Just started doing the coin EXP magic thing after only using two or three coins earlier on, so used 25 so far on those level 99 spells. Was level 50, now have 200,000+ EXP in the bank so far. I'm glad this is a thing. Haven't even used the silver and banknotes yet etc (I ate cool food too you know this)

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Dec 16, 2016

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of Prompto, what Machinery do you guys use? The Drillbreaker is the highest damage but I don't like the idea of Prompto running into melee range so I went with the Noiseblaster.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Can anyone tell me the best exp farming system for end game? I know about the food in altissia and resting at the 3x hotel, more wondering what type of expericast magic to make (is it worth using 4 rare coins to get 4 uses?) and what to kill as im farming.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

MMD3 posted:

Can anyone tell me the best exp farming system for end game? I know about the food in altissia and resting at the 3x hotel, more wondering what type of expericast magic to make (is it worth using 4 rare coins to get 4 uses?) and what to kill as im farming.

I believe 8 rare coins gives the maximum xp, any more and you're wasting incredibly valuable items. Only use one of each element, nothing else matters cause it's the same xp either way.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Gologle posted:

You guys...are the best.

Wonderful Bread
Nov 11, 2013

Felt actually nothing during this scene. Ardyn's death was the only remotely well handled emotional flourish in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Well this story about 4 bros on a road trip got real depressing real fast. I had to stop playing last night because the new status quo was just bumming me out too much. Based on what has been hinted at here and there in the thread I get the feeling there is worse to come.

triple sulk posted:

I'm an idiot and it took me a while. The tutorial isn't that helpful as while it explains basic mechanics it does it in a context (1 v 1) that doesn't really teach you how to use those mechanics in the field. It also put me off even attempting to use wait mode because it was annoying and pointless (in the context of the tutorial). Even if you don't end up using it all the time, wait mode is better at teaching you the flow of combat than the tutorials.

• Locked thread