Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Khisanth Magus posted:

You can buy the metal rocketeers from the PP store.

Oh cool, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Highlights (as someone who plays Ret) from today's insider regarding the upcoming balance changes:

Ossyan losing deadeye for fortune, which thoroughly unseats him from being one of Ret's most powerful casters.

Seem to be indicating that wrongeye and snapjaw will not be changing, which is bullshit.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Collosals and Gargantuans are going to be immune to grevious wounds. Hell yeah Hydra buff :getin:

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-12-15-2016

Other bits of note, Alten Ashley is going up in points.

As far as what to expect, if you are a Protectorate player, your poo poo isn't gonna change much.

quote:

Can the majority of Factions expect changes to their top/bottom performers?
Sort of. It’s not a karmic scale. Every Faction should expect a small number of changes to a small number of models. Since generalities only seem to lead to consternation, at the time of this writing the most changes outside of Skorne were to Cryx, at 9, and the least to Protectorate at 1.

waah fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 15, 2016

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
I usually play fully painted, but gently caress painting huge models, so I comissioned the two Legion Gargantuans. Got them back today. gently caress me, they're good. Wanted to share them with you guys. I love seeing my paint scheme realized by someone so much better than me, and with such a large canvas to work on.

I will still paint the baserims in my blue, and add my own grass flock.

Luebbi fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Dec 15, 2016

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Khisanth Magus posted:

Highlights (as someone who plays Ret) from today's insider regarding the upcoming balance changes:

Ossyan losing deadeye for fortune, which thoroughly unseats him from being one of Ret's most powerful casters.

Seem to be indicating that wrongeye and snapjaw will not be changing, which is bullshit.

He said Star-crossed isn't changing, while subtly implying something else on WE/SJ was. For example, Submerge.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Your gargs look pretty as heck. I've been on a Malifaux painting kick for the last several months, but once I get back to WMH, I wanna paint my Blightbringer up to go with my AA.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Also it occurs to me that Gargs being immune to Grievous might make Mountain King immortal. Which... Could be a problem...

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

That Archangel is beautiful

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
From the Insider today, a preview of the upcoming Eratta

Grievous Wounds no longer effects models with the Massive Rule

Alten Ashley is getting a point increase.

Ossyan loses deadeye but gains fortune

Woldwarden and Woldwyrd are getting damage buffs

New construct warbeasts for circle later on

Hungerford also believes that Fury and Focus are pretty close in power but refinement might be needed later.

Hordes and Warmachine are balanced and that you should just get good if you are having issues.

All in all I like it because it turns the screws on those filthy elves.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

gently caress yeah

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

xiw posted:

gently caress yeah

I want somebody to change those horse eye slits to dollar signs.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I get Feora's schtick is fire, but having the main and tail be fire is kinda silly. Something like braziers attached to the armor on the horse's flanks would have gone over much better.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

xiw posted:

gently caress yeah

Can't wait to see that poo poo airbrushed on the side of a van.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013
Found out from my WMH buddy that I'm gonna be the only troll player in our local meta. I've got the trolls half of the starter box (battlebox + fennblades :getin:) and aforementioned WMH bro bought me Sons of Bragg for an early xmas present. Next on my list is gonna be kriel stone and a mauler. After that I was kinda thinking of trying a gun line list to eventually pair up with either Ragnor or Doomie (not sure which one yet). I like the look of Grim2 and Gunnbjorn. Are sons of bragg worth sticking in lists or should I look elsewhere for supplemental infantry?

E: also on a whim I bought the 2016 trollbloods card pack.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Woldwarden and Woldwyrd are getting damage buffs

New construct warbeasts for circle later on

Hell yeah. I'll love to break out my baulders again.

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Pyrolocutus posted:

I get Feora's schtick is fire, but having the main and tail be fire is kinda silly. Something like braziers attached to the armor on the horse's flanks would have gone over much better.

It should have a unicorn horn because rapidash is the poo poo.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

susan posted:

He said Star-crossed isn't changing, while subtly implying something else on WE/SJ was. For example, Submerge.

Submerge is definitely the thing that needs changing. Star-crossed is fine on a ctrl 8 medium based dude. Glad they're doing it the right way.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Make Submerge cost 2, like it did last edition. Done.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

albany academy posted:

Submerge is definitely the thing that needs changing. Star-crossed is fine on a ctrl 8 medium based dude. Glad they're doing it the right way.

Help me out here, what's the issue with WE/SJ? I'm not up on the minions side that much

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

The ability to apply starcrossed to factions that shouldn't have it, primarily circle. Def 14 or Def 16 warpwolves under starcrossed are stupidly sturdy.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Ossyan losing Deadeye is definitely a dickpunch (starfalls :negative:) but at least fortune isn't complete garbage from what I can tell.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

rydiafan posted:

:yeah:

Making him pick between SC or sub is the best solution.

Imagine how many points he would be worth without snapjaw if he could just Sub Star Cross all game long. Then add in a ~12 point beast on top.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Maybe it's the pain meds talking, but that insider didn't inspire a ton of confidence. Especially their answer re Spam Lists.

If the one model being fixed in Protectorate is a nerf to Idrians, I'm gonna be so drat sad.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Raerlynn posted:

Help me out here, what's the issue with WE/SJ? I'm not up on the minions side that much

He can park behind models making you roll an extra dice and drop the highest to attack those models and not be targeted by ranged attacks or spells. It is bullshit in everyone except skorne can bring them.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Khisanth Magus posted:

He can park behind models making you roll an extra dice and drop the highest to attack those models and not be targeted by ranged attacks or spells. It is bullshit in everyone except skorne can bring them.

Oh wait it's friendly model not friendly faction? Oh gently caress, yeah Star Crossed on a stick is pretty broke.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Raerlynn posted:

Oh wait it's friendly model not friendly faction? Oh gently caress, yeah Star Crossed on a stick is pretty broke.

It affects the enemy models, not yours. It is enemy models in star crossed suffer that.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

Maybe it's the pain meds talking, but that insider didn't inspire a ton of confidence. Especially their answer re Spam Lists.

If the one model being fixed in Protectorate is a nerf to Idrians, I'm gonna be so drat sad.

I actually really liked his answer to Spam Lists. I suppose it comes down to whether or not you think Spam in all forms is bad or not, because I think there's plenty of spam lists that are totally fine for the game. It's only the really egregious ones that start to strain the bounds (mad dog spam or potentially una2 griffon swam) that I think need to be brought down on a case by case basis. Other lists, like Vyros 2 with a bunch of griffons or Ossrum with a bunch of bunnies I think are totally cool and good for the game.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Like, the first warmachine expansion book has Vladimir showing up to besiege a Fort with a bunch of Berserkers. The local commander asks him how many he brought and he literally responds "All of them."

Spam lists own as long as they aren't the only available play style.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

On the bright side it means that both HR and kickymonks won't both get nerfed!

In my heart I hope it's bastions getting something. I bet it'll be HR's feat though.

Played a game last night with Cinerators under Harbie and it's so nice to have them be useful, they're some of my favorite faction models stomping across the table.

Harbinger got killed by a Renegade chainsawing her to death, rocket unfired - Martyrdom doesn't save you from your screen getting grab and smash'd out of the way when you're stuck under Magnus2's feat.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

xiw posted:

On the bright side it means that both HR and kickymonks won't both get nerfed!

In my heart I hope it's bastions getting something. I bet it'll be HR's feat though.

Dollars to doughnuts it's going to be HR's feat. He's probably the strongest caster in the game right now, there's no way he escapes Jan without any changes.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist

rydiafan posted:

Hey now, don't be all reasonable on me here. The only answer is to set Wrongeye and Snapjaw on fire and then start over. Alternatively, rename Star-crossed to something else and make it a defensive aura/buff, but it will mathematically have the same effect. Then everyone will shut-up, it's the whole rolling and stealing their dice that makes people go crazy.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Khisanth Magus posted:

Skorne can use Wrong Eye, unless I'm misunderstanding you here.

Hoboskins posted:

Hey now, don't be all reasonable on me here. The only answer is to set Wrongeye and Snapjaw on fire and then start over. Alternatively, rename Star-crossed to something else and make it a defensive aura/buff, but it will mathematically have the same effect. Then everyone will shut-up, it's the whole rolling and stealing their dice that makes people go crazy.

It's interesting the reaction that effects like Star-Crossed cause. +3 Defense? No problem. Add a dice and drop the highest? Time to flip some loving tables. You see it with Ashlyn too. Star-Crossed is a strong buff, don't get me wrong, but not egregiously so compared to others. It just really seems to rustle folks jimmies. People's psychology around dice is weird and fascinating.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

AttackBacon posted:

It's interesting the reaction that effects like Star-Crossed cause. +3 Defense? No problem. Add a dice and drop the highest? Time to flip some loving tables. You see it with Ashlyn too. Star-Crossed is a strong buff, don't get me wrong, but not egregiously so compared to others. It just really seems to rustle folks jimmies. People's psychology around dice is weird and fascinating.

I think people are only really upset about it in regards to circle. At least, from what I've seen.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Woldwyrd damage buff is fuckin sweet I already tear poo poo up with those lil bussies :3:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah star crossed is only an issue in the already stupidly high def circle orboros

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
I've found great use of SC with Madrak 1 and sure foot on champs. Def 16 melee, or 16 against shooting with a chronicler rustles a lot of my opponents jimmies. Or Borka 1. WE/SJ makes it into many of my troll lists.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
Nice to know Skorne is already perfectly balanced.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

KPC_Mammon posted:

He clarified what he meant by balanced in that specific instance:

quote:

Yes what I meant was that nothing in Skorne was broken. It all worked and didn't heavily skew the median. However, that caused it to be unbalanced because a big part of WARMACHINE and HORDES balance is about those outliers and the fun and flavor they add to the overall experience of the game.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

KPC_Mammon posted:

Don't be obtuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

AttackBacon posted:

Skorne can use Wrong Eye, unless I'm misunderstanding you here.

I meant that skorne is the faction it benefits the least, because at def10 it isn't a huge buff.