Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'd rather have nothing

OMG so sorry about the condition you have which makes you have to listen to every episode of something. You must not be able to get anything done with such a terrible burden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Crystal Kingdom I'll grant you but Gerblins is still really really funny

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

I just got my copy of Adventure Zine :getin:

Do you like cool art? Then this book is for you!

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Ariong posted:

However, I'm also suspicious of Cam. Even if he is telling the truth, just how the hell did he learn so much about this place? How does he know there's no prize at the end? He certainly never got to find out. Could just be another ploy to make them feel more angst and anguish.

I hate that Cam's another one of Griffin's plot-dumping talking head characters.

:haw:

I'm actually very interested to see how this set up of "Japanese visual novel style pain/murder game" goes when the characters aren't all savants of one kind or another.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

The boston live was so fun. It felt kinda pandering but in a really fun way.

I'm sad i can't find an animation of probably my favorite TAZ moment. Its the bit in rockport express where they need to stop the runaway train, so when trying to use the magic wand Taako gets everyone to focus, really focus on the drivers carrage then steals all the silverware .

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Luneshot posted:

Friends At The Table x TAZ crossover when

:yeah: Austin Walker seems really busy though.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Psychedelicatessen posted:

I feel like all the dick and butt jokes were because they're new to D&D and didn't know what to do with their characters yet. It reminds me a bit of the early Taako taco thing, but with dicks instead.

Travis was also doing rolls to check for his fetishes pretty often early on.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I haven't listened to the new episode yet. Is there another MAXFUN drive coming up or is the Flop house simply covering for Travis and Griffin still figuring babies out?

My only real complaint with it is that I wan't to keep the current arc going. I need my Taako fix man.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Its covering due to babies & xmas

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Greatbacon posted:

I'm really mad that the three brothers (two of whom just had children) and their father who put out a good and free podcast every couple of weeks aren't going to record an episode literally over Christmas.

And then they have the gall to get their buddies on the network to cover the slot instead of just taking a by week.

The fukken nerve of some people.

yes this is exactly what I meant

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

yes this is exactly what I meant

Maybe you should read some of your own posts back to yourself.

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

considering the show only comes out once every two weeks literally goddamn no one could be excited about a guest-only episode

Whatever you were intending to communicate, Greatbacon is not far off in how it came across.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

NUZLOCKE

Griffin recorded the finale in early November.
It was released just after Alan Thicke's death.
In the episode Griffin sings the Growing Pains theme.

:tinfoil:

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Inzombiac posted:

NUZLOCKE

Considering how often they sing that song, I'm surprised this was the first time he did it during the series.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ariong posted:

However, I'm also suspicious of Cam. Even if he is telling the truth, just how the hell did he learn so much about this place? How does he know there's no prize at the end? He certainly never got to find out. Could just be another ploy to make them feel more angst and anguish.

One thing I noticed was that Cam says that escape is impossible, but we already know that's false - the director managed it. Maybe Cam doesn't know that fact, or maybe he's SECRETLY EVIL

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

One thing I noticed was that Cam says that escape is impossible, but we already know that's false - the director managed it. Maybe Cam doesn't know that fact, or maybe he's SECRETLY EVIL

Maybe the director traded Cam's body in order to escape wonderland which is why she didn't tell Tres Horny Boys how she escaped :ohdear:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Adventure Zone:
Is slime flesh?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Inzombiac posted:

The Adventure Zone:
Is slime flesh?

yes

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Because I think we all need some good good dance boys up in here for a palate cleanser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca5DBnSc5F0

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Cael posted:

Because I think we all need some good good dance boys up in here for a palate cleanser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca5DBnSc5F0

whitest_brothers_u_no.flv

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Beekeeping and You posted:

Maybe the director traded Cam's body in order to escape wonderland which is why she didn't tell Tres Horny Boys how she escaped :ohdear:

It's gotta be this. And when Cam said he was screwed over - I'm betting the only way to win the game is to keep collaborating, and Cam was playing along right up until the end when the Director betrayed him. Maybe she was gonna lose even more years than that, and she just couldn't do it?

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Hey we don't know what the Animus Bell actually does, right?

So animus has a few different definitions:

1. A feeling of enmity, animosity, spite, or ill will

2. The basic impulses and instincts which govern one's actions

3. In legal terminology, it means 'intent,' as in you intended to do something

4. In Latin it means the mind or intellect, or the rational part of the soul, or willpower. (And if you don't have animus, it means you're insane.)

5. And in Jungian psychology it means 'the masculine aspect of the feminine psyche' but I feel like that part probably won't come up

I've seen some people saying it means 'life force' or similar in Latin, but it doesn't - anima (the feminine form) means life force and animus (the masculine form) means mind. (I mean, it's not impossible that Griffin either got it wrong or didn't care, but)

Really any or all of those first four could potentially work. #1, the bell is used to create suffering. #2, maybe the bell can also reveal the players' true natures somehow? #3, it has something to do with making choices? #4, more of a stretch but it could refer to liches who kept their minds anchored to their souls when they died - could the bell help make that happen? Something else?

(I hope this is true and there's multiple weird layers of meaning to this bell, but if there aren't, I hope Griffin sees this comment and thinks 'ah, dang')

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

showbiz_liz posted:

Hey we don't know what the Animus Bell actually does, right?

So animus has a few different definitions:

1. A feeling of enmity, animosity, spite, or ill will

2. The basic impulses and instincts which govern one's actions

3. In legal terminology, it means 'intent,' as in you intended to do something

4. In Latin it means the mind or intellect, or the rational part of the soul, or willpower. (And if you don't have animus, it means you're insane.)

5. And in Jungian psychology it means 'the masculine aspect of the feminine psyche' but I feel like that part probably won't come up

I've seen some people saying it means 'life force' or similar in Latin, but it doesn't - anima (the feminine form) means life force and animus (the masculine form) means mind. (I mean, it's not impossible that Griffin either got it wrong or didn't care, but)

Really any or all of those first four could potentially work. #1, the bell is used to create suffering. #2, maybe the bell can also reveal the players' true natures somehow? #3, it has something to do with making choices? #4, more of a stretch but it could refer to liches who kept their minds anchored to their souls when they died - could the bell help make that happen? Something else?

(I hope this is true and there's multiple weird layers of meaning to this bell, but if there aren't, I hope Griffin sees this comment and thinks 'ah, dang')

Each grand relic is related to the schools of magic, so probably necromancy?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

As soon as i heard the name i thought enchantment. BUT i.think griff doesn't care about the school match

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Nemico posted:

Each grand relic is related to the schools of magic, so probably necromancy?

It's definitely necromancy. We know that Wonderland has other forms besides the glitzy game show version the boys landed in, some of which straight-up involve fighting the undead. Suffering in Wonderland takes the form of necrotic energy. Necromancy also encompasses spells like Inflict Wounds and Blindness, so magical acts like removing Magnus' pinky, cursing Merle's vision, and "unhealing" the party fit the bill pretty well.

I'm a little put off by the inherent extreme linearity of this arc; the setpieces are fun, but it feels very much like there's going to be a single solution to subverting the game, and that Griffin's going to have to force-feed that solution via Cam or something.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Dec 16, 2016

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Ya'll need to stop getting a-head of yourselves...

:v:

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Ya'll need to stop getting a-head of yourselves...

:v:

*Hey! I said knock it off! :mad:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I trust Griffin, the guy's got a pretty good head on his shoulders.

Trust me, if we don't get it out of our systems now, this'll be the entire arc.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What's this fake Justin account he's crying about on twitter?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

fadam posted:

Ignoring the bizarre "crying about" choice of words, someone made a fake account and was following + messaging a bunch of people on twitter saying his main account was hacked and to follow his new account. It got reported and removed.

Serf
May 5, 2011

fadam posted:

your bar for crying is set very low

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Sometimes I wonder if some of ya'll are hate-listening. Though I do understand being frustrated with Travis b/c middlest.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Sometimes I wonder if some of ya'll are hate-listening. Though I do understand being frustrated with Travis b/c middlest.

something awful has always had a very tenuous grasp of the concept of unironic enjoyment

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Yeah, I wouldn't want us to get too happy go lucky either, I appreciate SA for its jaded perspective sometimes just for variety. The FB group is a little much sometimes. But yeah, getting a bit weirdly hostile right off the bat.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's definitely necromancy. We know that Wonderland has other forms besides the glitzy game show version the boys landed in, some of which straight-up involve fighting the undead. Suffering in Wonderland takes the form of necrotic energy. Necromancy also encompasses spells like Inflict Wounds and Blindness, so magical acts like removing Magnus' pinky, cursing Merle's vision, and "unhealing" the party fit the bill pretty well.

I'm a little put off by the inherent extreme linearity of this arc; the setpieces are fun, but it feels very much like there's going to be a single solution to subverting the game, and that Griffin's going to have to force-feed that solution via Cam or something.

Didn't Kravitz suggest that Taako's Umbra Staff is a lich just before the start of this arc? I wonder if that ties in.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Supercar Gautier posted:

I dunno. Assuming it's necromancy, and considering the 'no healing' rule, I'm wondering if part of the plan is for one of the guys to just straight-up die and then be brought back as a lich. And Griffin couldn't have known who it would be ahead of time, since Taako just happened to get the wheel result which made him take all that damage.

I'd bet on Taako dying (or being just about to die) and Magnus heroically offering to die in his place.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

NUZLOCKE

It also features much lamentation over the death of "My Dad"

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

showbiz_liz posted:

I'd bet on Taako dying (or being just about to die) and Magnus heroically offering to die in his place.

I bet on Magnus dying and Taako taking all his stuff

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

thexerox123 posted:

Didn't Kravitz suggest that Taako's Umbra Staff is a lich just before the start of this arc? I wonder if that ties in.

The umbra staff itself has to be one of the relics.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Doesn't Taako still have a stone of far-speech with Kravitz at the other end of it? I doubt that he (or even the Raven Queen herself) would stand by if they were to get wind of two still-sane liches using a grand relic to cheat death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yeah I really hope that at some point Taako calls in the big guns. However, if that smug little robot could jam their communication, these liches have probably done it already.