Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Noted hyper-masculine character Android 17, whose design has never been black haired version of #18 from his introduction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Noted hyper-masculine character Android 17, whose design has never been black haired version of #18 from his introduction.

Nonsense.

Look at how different they are.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Pureauthor posted:

I think it's to Super's detriment that they had Beerus in the BoG arc behave like a malicious dick. Beerus' characterization works far better as someone who's just supremely self-assured and doesn't go out of his way to be an rear end in a top hat.

Edit: Also the next chapter of the manga has photos floating around and in it Black gets the stuffing beaten out of him and requires an emergency heal by Future Zamasu.

Beerus is a malicious dick. That is literally his character.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

ImpAtom posted:

Nonsense.

Look at how different they are.

Their hair is parted differently!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Whis should be explaining something and project visual aids onto 17s massive forehead

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Android 17 and 18 have names, guys. Not calling them Lapis and Lazuli is downright disrespectful.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Mogomra posted:

Android 17 and 18 have names, guys. Not calling them Lapis and Lazuli is downright disrespectful.

had

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mogomra posted:

Android 18's husband and friends call her 18 so I'm pretty sure that is what she wants to be called.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

ImpAtom posted:

Android 18's husband and friends call her 18 so I'm pretty sure that is what she wants to be called.

It makes her feel young.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Whis should be explaining something and project visual aids onto 17s massive forehead

I noticed they kinda toned down 18's five head for super.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mogomra posted:

When those names actually appear in the show I'll consider calling them that. :colbert:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Considering their backstory i's always seemed weird 18 stuck by that name once she was free from Gero's control and became a real person again, it's literally her slave name!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Maybe she just really didn't like her real name.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

multijoe posted:

Considering their backstory i's always seemed weird 18 stuck by that name once she was free from Gero's control and became a real person again, it's literally her slave name!

I always assumed that she was pretty happy with who she was now and wasn't very happy with who she was before so she was perfectly glad to get rid of all that baggage and marry the world's strongest man instead.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Do 17 and 18 even remember their human names? I thought that was the reason why it was only given in interviews/supplementary material.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rhonne posted:

Maybe she just really didn't like her real name.

I mean if my bullshit hippy parents named me Lazul I'd be fine going by '18' instead too

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Future Marron: My mother has been 18 for twenty years now.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

18;s epic destiny of outliving her family because shes a robot.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

18 is going to marry her grandkids into the Briefs family and via legal fuckery inherit 90-99% of the world GDP within 200 years.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Funky Valentine posted:

Future Marron: My mother has been 18 for twenty years now.

Well I mean, depending on what kind of cyborg she is

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Namtab posted:

18;s epic destiny of outliving her family because shes a robot.
Hey there are worse reasons to outlive your family. At least being a killer robot is still kickass. :smith:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Burkion posted:

Well I mean, depending on what kind of cyborg she is

the type with no robot bits, that can breed

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Namtab posted:

the type with no robot bits, that can breed

I'm pretty sure she has robot bits on the inside. At very least she has an infinite energy generator inside of her.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bacontotem posted:

18 is going to marry her kid into the Briefs family

Been eyeing a way to bump Mai off and make it look like an accident for 50 episodes now

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think she and her brother are Showa Kamen Rider style cyborgs. They look human on the outside, but everything inside has just about been replaced with the exception of a few organs.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Once they showed she can have kids I just figured there's some sort of circuitry going on throughout her body, and she still has most of her original insides. The real answer is Toryiama didn't think for even half a second as to what they actually are though, especially since we have Androids like and 16.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
17 and 18 are stated to be a different type then 16 being modified humans instead of pure robot like him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
hey how did gero get his brain in the robo body

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I'll tell you what 17 and 18 are. Chumps and losers, that's what they are

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Beerus is a malicious dick. That is literally his character.

I think he's too lazy to be called malicious. He isn't petty like Champa, either (unless Champa is around). I guess I'd go with aloof? But like, all in on living the aloof lifestyle.

Deffo a dick though.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
beerus is a cat

why does a cat knock a glass off the table? its a cat

how do you make friends with a cat? give it food

what shape are cats? cats are cat shaped. beerus is cat shaped.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

his friend, the clown robot

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Bacontotem posted:

18 is going to marry her grandkids into the Briefs family and via legal fuckery inherit 90-99% of the world GDP within 200 years.

She's going to convince 17 to get one of his kids to marry Pan in the future to get a piece of that sweet sweet Satan money.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

getting the brain out was the easy part

but the hard part was getting the brain out

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

why did he make himself look like an old dude anyway

if you're making yourself into a robot wouldn't you want to make it look like you in your prime, if not your prime but better

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

why did he make himself look like an old dude anyway

if you're making yourself into a robot wouldn't you want to make it look like you in your prime, if not your prime but better

He looks how he did in his intellectual prime.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Law Cheetah posted:

beerus is a cat

why does a cat knock a glass off the table? its a cat

how do you make friends with a cat? give it food

what shape are cats? cats are cat shaped. beerus is cat shaped.

Wow, racist.

This is what happens when you elect a dog as King.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Androids 17 and 18 have bio-mechanical and cybernetic implants, can become stronger through training, and don't need to eat. They do need to drink water, however. Their cells deteriorate more slowly than normal ones, so they do age, but slower. Cell was able to merge with them by absorbing the bio-mechanical parts, which are organic substances modeled after human cells, not the cybernetics.

All of this is info from Toriyama in the 2014 full color Dragon Ball re-releases.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

HitTheTargets posted:

I think he's too lazy to be called malicious. He isn't petty like Champa, either (unless Champa is around). I guess I'd go with aloof? But like, all in on living the aloof lifestyle.

Deffo a dick though.

He is petty as gently caress, he had to be for the plot of BOGs to happen.

Super has actually toned him down a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkOJ9uNj9EY

• Locked thread