Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burns
May 10, 2008

gently caress Arthmoor in his loving face for his loving dumb Oblivion gates.Is there a SSE gate remover??

Apart from the Unofficial Patch the guy has nothing going for him. I hope he dies from Diabetes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Eric the Mauve posted:

As a pretty clueless user I will attest that MO is super easy to use and if you can't figure out how to run a modded game through MO then I don't know what to say beyond you're unintelligent and/or severely lacking in ability and/or willingness to read simple instructions.

i once had to verbally slap a boy over the head once for being unable to figure out how an .ini file works

...on the dwarf fortress modding forums

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I have to concur that mod users can seem dumb as rocks on occasion, but it's Arthmoors hateful superior attitude that grinds my gears. The rudest I get is to give a "That's covered in the FAQ, check section 3" answer.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
You can install mods and play without worrying about load order, installation order, or BSA order with MO just as easy as with NMM. The one thing that might trip a person up is when a mod is packed improperly. MO just has that reputation because it actually lets you know what it can do.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
I mean, I get that it's intimidating at first glance. I had a coworker who insisted on using NMM because MO seemed like a hassle, despite being a pretty smart guy. After explaining a few things, he started using MO and never looked back. So yeah, it's not just idiots who are turned off by MO's awesomeness.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I haven't kept up with the skyrim se modding scene anyone got a quick recap for what is/isn't working yet? I saw that MO was updated which is what I've been waiting on.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Themage posted:

I haven't kept up with the skyrim se modding scene anyone got a quick recap for what is/isn't working yet? I saw that MO was updated which is what I've been waiting on.
Some textures from Oldrim won't work, SSE can use a better compression method.
A significant amount of meshes won't work and will need to be converted over to SSE.
Animations flat out don't work and def need to be converted?
No SKSE which means no Mod Control Menu (MCM).
No HDT support so no neato physics clothes and moving armor or hair huge bouncing buttes
Because of no MCM that means Open Cities on SSE has Oblivion gates because Art is miles up his own rear end that he hasn't seen sunlight in years
Oldrim quest/landmass/add NPC mods typically work just fine as long as they use vanilla assets, just have to convert the .bsa or unpack them.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

more like open shitties

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oic, is editing the ini files still needed and if so is there an updated list of changes anywhere?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Themage posted:

Oic, is editing the ini files still needed and if so is there an updated list of changes anywhere?

The ini files have changed a bit and no, there isn't any tweaking needed outside of mouse lag (if you can detect it) and resolution if you run a 21:9 aspect ratio. SSE is choice.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

are there oblivion gates in open cities SSE? I didn't see them.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

sebmojo posted:

Yes. :(

DR_Bob84
Apr 13, 2009

Well you can at least still console disable them out. I,m more a fan of dawn of skyrim stuff anyway. To make the cities look a little more lively.
Mod author for that is gonna update it for SE at the end of the month.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

more like open shitties

Talos bless you

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Talos bless you

Gods be praised

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

sebmojo posted:

tbh, I think we're about at the point where all the bitching about Arthmoor's dumbass Oblivion Gates is just as bad as Arthmoor's dumbass Oblivion Gates themselves.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Nah.

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

dwarf74 posted:

tbh, I think we're about at the point where all the bitching about Arthmoor's dumbass Oblivion Gates is just as bad as Arthmoor's dumbass Oblivion Gates themselves.
Open Cities (with Oblivion Gates) is shorthand for feature creep in Elder Scrolls modding, though.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Gale Raziya posted:

Open Cities (with Oblivion Gates) is shorthand for feature creep in Elder Scrolls modding, though.
Yeah, and I get how it's like Exhibit A in Why Arthmoor is a Tool, but it's like some extra rocks in a city.

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

They're extremely conspicuous.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I saw that Mod Organizer popped up for SE, but when I went to grab it, it says this:

quote:

Windows 10 has issues, This has known issues so for people willing to log bugs only

Is it worth trying to forge ahead, or should I just wait on that?

Burns
May 10, 2008

Gale Raziya posted:

They're extremely conspicuous.

Where is the mod to remove them? It used to be posted.

Thankfully walking up to them and disabling them in console works.

Burns fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Dec 17, 2016

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Arthmoor being a dick aside who carrres

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I don't, except as a small part of a massive body of evidence that Arthmoor is a epic tool.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Funnily enough, JK's Skyrim city overhaul is Open Cities compatible. That mod makes the Oblivion gates less conspicious, like so:

Maybe even Arthmoor's hurt butt would be soothed by that.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Does anyone know why Better Dead Thralls would crash on SE? It has some features which require SKSE but they are supposed to be optional.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

I really hope somebody beats Arthmoor to making Unofficial patches and open cities in ES6, that would be the most glorious meltdown ever. They'd also probably be better anyway.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Summermyst, the new version of Wintermyst, is out.

SNOT CORN posted:

Does anyone know why Better Dead Thralls would crash on SE? It has some features which require SKSE but they are supposed to be optional.

Did you: 1.) Extract any archives to loose files and 2.) load the mod into the new CK and save it?

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Dec 17, 2016

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Funnily enough, JK's Skyrim city overhaul is Open Cities compatible. That mod makes the Oblivion gates less conspicious, like so:

Maybe even Arthmoor's hurt butt would be soothed by that.

Hahahaha no chance

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BurntCornMuffin posted:

I really hope somebody beats Arthmoor to making Unofficial patches and open cities in ES6, that would be the most glorious meltdown ever. They'd also probably be better anyway.

He would get them hell banned from Nexus.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Was there not an alternative unofficial patch for skyrim? I remember there being all sorts of drama and competing factions over an unofficial patch for some bethesda game when different people had different opinions on bugs vs. features vs. modder-original. Might have been oblivion or a fallout though.

I mean, I don't think any one person could stop somebody else from making their own unofficial patch? Even if it was just opening somebody else's work and stripping stuff out without adding anything I doubt it'd qualify as 'stealing' if the things kept are truly just bug fixes. Kind of hard to do some of that more than one way and for the stuff that would have multiple solutions it's believable enough that somebody would arrive at the same one.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
If someone were to make an unofficial patch for TESVI, I'd want them to add "Congratulations, Arthmoor! Now you have more time to work on your dumb bear RPG!" in the post.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Decus posted:

Was there not an alternative unofficial patch for skyrim? I remember there being all sorts of drama and competing factions over an unofficial patch for some bethesda game when different people had different opinions on bugs vs. features vs. modder-original. Might have been oblivion or a fallout though.

I mean, I don't think any one person could stop somebody else from making their own unofficial patch? Even if it was just opening somebody else's work and stripping stuff out without adding anything I doubt it'd qualify as 'stealing' if the things kept are truly just bug fixes. Kind of hard to do some of that more than one way and for the stuff that would have multiple solutions it's believable enough that somebody would arrive at the same one.

I think that's Fallout New Vegas where there was drama between two different unofficial patches which were awful and changes things that didn't need to be changed to fit the mod authors own far right political views. Then the guy who made the Shifter mod for Deus Ex came out of nowhere and made a third unofficial patch which was not only better than the other two but only fixed stuff that were actual bugs and that was that.

I kind of wish something like that would happen with Elder Scrolls games just so Arthmoor would get really salty.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

no bones about it posted:

He would get them hell banned from Nexus.

I'm p sure he did this once already with an up and coming open city mod, just got them straight up run off Nexus.

This is why we keep this guy's name in circulation.

Magmarashi fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 18, 2016

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

According to the compatibility article, Lootification in incompatible with Summermyst (Wintermyst still is) for both Oldrim and SE. I don't suppose anyone knows why that would be the case? Lootification is mostly just a SkyProc patcher after all.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I think that's Fallout New Vegas where there was drama between two different unofficial patches which were awful and changes things that didn't need to be changed to fit the mod authors own far right political views.

I would love to hear more about this.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Alasyre posted:

I would love to hear more about this.

From memory, the change that was most offensive was changing all the soldiers in the game to male because he didn't think women could be soldiers. There was other racist/sexist bullshit in the same vein.

Both the modders themselves and the mods are massive garbage, even at stopping bugs. Luckily Yukichigai came out with an awesome and not-bigoted replacement.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

YUP is bigoted against my game-breaking exploits. :colbert: (Seriously, YUP owns.)

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I remember Goons were wary of Yukichigai's Unnoficial Patch at first because of the controversy with the other two unofficial patches and were slow to adopt it expecting the same results. But YUP is pretty awesome and I dare say near mandatory for New Vegas. I just kind of wish he'd dabble into Elder Scrolls modding too, making an Unofficial Patch just to spite Arthmoor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
The Unofficial Patch is a worrying thing in a way because it's become so essential yet I don't think anyone has a clear idea what's in it. There's so much that it's hard to spot when something is really a "bug" that needed fixing and when it's someone's opinion of how things should be. (Unless it comes in the form of conspicuously bad voice acting.) And yeah, all mods are basically "someone's opinion of how things should be" but they don't all bill themselves as basically being a set of fixes where the only opinion on how the game should be is "not broken."