Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

Doesn't Justin already have a day job

obama made him a secret service agent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
When searching for a lobby, I get this;

When I turn on DMZ for my router, I get this;

I've tried opening the steam ports, opening the 7777-7778 ports in REDEngine.ini, PnP is turned on. If anyone has any ideas then please share them, this game probably looks dead to others who also get this.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

Doesn't Justin already have a day job

yeh he works for Nvidia and they let him take time off to go to tournaments

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i will be at nec

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
same

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
fight me, ill have cookies

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
fighting someone with cookies seems like the exact opposite thing youd want to do to them

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

anime was right posted:

fight me, ill have cookies

money match eachother to a bake off

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

if you are still banned from evo maybe mr wizard will let you back in exchange for some cookies

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yall gonna have to fight me for his cookies, because i will eat all of them god dammit

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

...I've been playing video games for as long as i can remember...and for as long as I've been playing, my most favorite genre has been fighting...

...Have you ever noticed how people may pick a certain character over and over, lacking variety...?(Ken in Street Fighter)...Some people pick who they pick just because they like them, but can it go much deeper than that...?...I've often thought that to myself, and in my opinion, more times than not, it's true...

...What I'm getting at is that people don't just pick a character because of how he/she looks or plays, but because these certain characters have something in them that is also a part of you...

...Take me, for example...in SS, my favorites are: Hanzo, Sogetsu, Nakoruru, and Ukyo...So would that mean that I am at times quiet reclusive, and brooding...?...Or at the same time cool tempered, and diligent...?...And maybe a cute (I've been told) lover of nature...?...Or a complete romantic who adores women...? (or is it the other way around?)...and being that i know myself better than anyone else, this for the most part is true...

...If you're not convinced...my friend IRL likes Haomaru, Genjuro, and Zankuro...and he's basically an arrogant person, that has a dislike (can't really say hatred) for certain persons...and is also capable of bad things, I can see this in him...

...And this can be applied to any fighting game...try it on yourself and see if your favorite characters share a personality trait you hold deep within...

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i play sas because i am a sasquatch irl

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i like cammy cause she has titles and win quotes about cats.

i like ky kiske cause he has a sword and fireball

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Real hurthling! posted:

i like cammy cause she has titles and win quotes about cats.

i like ky kiske cause he has a sword and fireball

Are you a titty fireball who loves cats irl?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Smoking Crow posted:

...I've been playing video games for as long as i can remember...and for as long as I've been playing, my most favorite genre has been fighting...

...Have you ever noticed how people may pick a certain character over and over, lacking variety...?(Ken in Street Fighter)...Some people pick who they pick just because they like them, but can it go much deeper than that...?...I've often thought that to myself, and in my opinion, more times than not, it's true...

...What I'm getting at is that people don't just pick a character because of how he/she looks or plays, but because these certain characters have something in them that is also a part of you...

...Take me, for example...in SS, my favorites are: Hanzo, Sogetsu, Nakoruru, and Ukyo...So would that mean that I am at times quiet reclusive, and brooding...?...Or at the same time cool tempered, and diligent...?...And maybe a cute (I've been told) lover of nature...?...Or a complete romantic who adores women...? (or is it the other way around?)...and being that i know myself better than anyone else, this for the most part is true...

...If you're not convinced...my friend IRL likes Haomaru, Genjuro, and Zankuro...and he's basically an arrogant person, that has a dislike (can't really say hatred) for certain persons...and is also capable of bad things, I can see this in him...

...And this can be applied to any fighting game...try it on yourself and see if your favorite characters share a personality trait you hold deep within...
i only pick monster men and anime girls

also, https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/gamerprofile/4e4e64775491414298648811f5d39a5a

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 16, 2016

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

I'm surprised there's more than one gamer personality test in existence

Not that the Bartle test would be particularly useful here, as everyone who plays fighting games is guaranteed to be a club

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm whatever personality instantly closes those quizzes as soon as they want you to type something in

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'm whatever personality instantly closes those quizzes as soon as they want you to type something in

haha same

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

my friend is in your guilty gear pool and hes real afraid.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
lol at the idea of entering a tournament at nec

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

burger time posted:

my friend is in your guilty gear pool and hes real afraid.

If he's afraid of me he is weak and will not survive the winter

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Everything I've heard about NEC is that it is really bad and always way overhyped. Not sure how accurate that is.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

punk rebel ecks posted:

Everything I've heard about NEC is that it is really bad and always way overhyped. Not sure how accurate that is.

you were lied to.

nec is the only tournament still worth going to.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

anime was right posted:

you were lied to.

nec is the only tournament still worth going to.

I see.

Makes sense since the community was apparently "snubbed". So it could have been just butthurt.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
nec is the last tournament besides like final round that still has the vibes of a pre sf4 tournament.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

anime was right posted:

nec is the last tournament besides like final round that still has the vibes of a pre sf4 tournament.

Could you elaborate what you mean by this?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

punk rebel ecks posted:

If you're a main game, it might be okay? If you're not, then going to a Big E major of any kind is a series of dice rolls in terms of whether or not you'll actually get to play your game of choice, when your tournament would be, how much if any stream time you'll get, whether or not you'll get paid, and how long it'll take you to get paid.

Peak Big E was TFC 2015, when they announced a free entry SG tournament with a pretty big pot bonus 6 months in advance and then cancelled it during the major without warning. The players found out an hour after the tournament was supposed to start. Big E wasn't even gonna have the tournament until SonicFox told him to go gently caress himself, at which point Big E was like "oh I guess popular people play this too"

Then it took something like 6 weeks for the winners to get paid, and only after constantly hounding him.

Also, the venue choices are always terrible. The Clarion next to the airport was tremendously bad, from a building-wide inability to maintain hot water during a blizzard weekend to brown sludge coming out of faucets and through ceiling panels to constant internet problems. The 2015 NEC venue was only marginally better, if you like having to find a way 45 minutes out of of town from the airport and not having any food options of any kind within 4 miles and you know what gently caress nec lmao

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

punk rebel ecks posted:

Could you elaborate what you mean by this?

pre-sf4 has more POCs and less anime

but still a lot of anime

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
actually, peak big e major was when a random hotel guest not there for the tournament shat in the clarion stairwell during nec2013

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(
NEC is fun cause you can get cheesesteaks, play Alpha 2 and ST, and watch James Chen play DDR

One time a fire alarm went on at 4 AM and I walked outside barefoot in the snow cause I couldn't find my shoes and didn't want to die in a horrible hotel fire. NEC owns and I am real sad I can't go again this year.

Pockyless fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Dec 16, 2016

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Broken Loose posted:

If you're a main game, it might be okay? If you're not, then going to a Big E major of any kind is a series of dice rolls in terms of whether or not you'll actually get to play your game of choice, when your tournament would be, how much if any stream time you'll get, whether or not you'll get paid, and how long it'll take you to get paid.

Peak Big E was TFC 2015, when they announced a free entry SG tournament with a pretty big pot bonus 6 months in advance and then cancelled it during the major without warning. The players found out an hour after the tournament was supposed to start. Big E wasn't even gonna have the tournament until SonicFox told him to go gently caress himself, at which point Big E was like "oh I guess popular people play this too"

Then it took something like 6 weeks for the winners to get paid, and only after constantly hounding him.

Also, the venue choices are always terrible. The Clarion next to the airport was tremendously bad, from a building-wide inability to maintain hot water during a blizzard weekend to brown sludge coming out of faucets and through ceiling panels to constant internet problems. The 2015 NEC venue was only marginally better, if you like having to find a way 45 minutes out of of town from the airport and not having any food options of any kind within 4 miles and you know what gently caress nec lmao

your first mistake of nec was actually caring about entering a tournament.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Broken Loose posted:

Wow....

anime was right posted:

Why go to NEC then? What's it all about?

Fun casuals of obscure/classic games?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

anime was right posted:

if you want to go to a tournament just to hang out with your friends, at least pick the one with a million nearby food options (including a wawa so close you can get into an argument in the venue, take it behind the wawa, and still be pissed off enough to want to throw fists by the time you walk there) and the 24-hour pool and not in blizzard country in december

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(
Also the guy who was in charge of the restaurant at the Clarion made pretty good burgers and chicken wings. Like as good as you could possibly make them with the quality of ingredients they had.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

Pockyless posted:

NEC is fun cause you can get cheesesteaks, play Alpha 2 and ST, and watch James Chen play DDR

One time a fire alarm went on at 4 AM and I walked outside barefoot in the snow cause I couldn't find my shoes and didn't want to die in a horrible hotel fire. NEC owns and I am real sad I can't go again this year.

The guy who uhauls a gazillion functional arcade cabinets to every big e major is a real trooper :tipshat:

Need to start going again in 2017

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
nec has by far the best random interactions in hotel rooms, the grimiest stories, the stupidest poo poo, and the best drinking. it is the drunkest, dumbest, friendliest tournament around.

nec is where you have fun first and play fighting games second, beacuse the tournaments are not ideally run, but 98% of the time, they do fine.

at nec:
i ran a 3s tournament while the to took a nap under the 3s setup table
yipes stole marns egg rolls
someone stole the equipment for an entire hotel room. not a person's equipment, the HOTEL's equipment
sanford plays you in sf2ae for 5 hours so he can steal 3 hours of sleep on your floor instead of paying 5 dollars
a guy jumps off a balcony on a 10 dollar bet and breaks his leg. then noel brown punches him while he's still in that a while later at a different tournament.
theres a tournament for every bad fg ever made.
you watch melty blood grand finals in the lobby, literally twenty feet from the setup, because it's too crowded to see.
coinflip tournaments.

i'm not even out of things. NEC is loving incredible.

bad metaphors
Nov 6, 2014

My first nec a guy rented a van and like 12 of us rode along. We entered the 3v3 as team great friends 1, team great friends 2, team great friends 3, and team great friends 4

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

anime was right posted:

nec has by far the best random interactions in hotel rooms, the grimiest stories, the stupidest poo poo, and the best drinking. it is the drunkest, dumbest, friendliest tournament around.

nec is where you have fun first and play fighting games second, beacuse the tournaments are not ideally run, but 98% of the time, they do fine.

at nec:
i ran a 3s tournament while the to took a nap under the 3s setup table
yipes stole marns egg rolls
someone stole the equipment for an entire hotel room. not a person's equipment, the HOTEL's equipment
sanford plays you in sf2ae for 5 hours so he can steal 3 hours of sleep on your floor instead of paying 5 dollars
a guy jumps off a balcony on a 10 dollar bet and breaks his leg. then noel brown punches him while he's still in that a while later at a different tournament.
theres a tournament for every bad fg ever made.
you watch melty blood grand finals in the lobby, literally twenty feet from the setup, because it's too crowded to see.
coinflip tournaments.

i'm not even out of things. NEC is loving incredible.

I see.

It sounds like a "gathering"/hang out first and a tournament second so to speak.

Do I have that right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
you have no perspective in life unless you've slept on the floor of an econolodge, breathing in deeply the stench of stale smoke that's trapped deep in the carpet, while drunk out of your goddamned mind