Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Just got back from my office Christmas party; still sober enough to post some 'feshes

quote:

My girlfriend moved in with me over the summer and recently discovered my hidden drawer full of story notes and plans for a book series I have been writing since I was in high school. She is now discussing moving out and taking some time apart.

I will admit there are some very weird things in those notes, and I was pretty embarrassed when I realized she found out. There were also a lot of character and location sketches, and I am by no means an artist. But still, 12 years of work and it was mine to share when I wanted to, she found it by accident and should understand it was a personal thing.

Also our sex life has stopped since then. I have a foot fetish which my girlfriend knew about and was accepting of, but she has since told me that my writing "freaked her out" about foot fetishes. It's nothing majorly gross - one of the societies in my fantasy novel series is a mix of ancient China and the fabled Amazons, and you have a group of 7 foot tall women who bind their feet and the highest class women also have the smallest feet. Fetishy? A bit, but not THAT weird compared to some other books out there and it's not the most obvious sex thing in my stories.

On the bright side, I am realizing it's finally time to poo poo or get off the pot and I plan to self publish this stuff soon. I have 8 novels already finished and plans for 6 more.

dedicate book 1 "to my dearest pissbitch"

quote:

I have a phobia that is extremely embarrassing and impossible to understand and sometimes fear it comes from some childhood trauma I have blocked from memory.

I cannot handle fantasy elements without instantly feeling extreme depression and anxiety.

The first time I remember it was playing Ocarina of Time on the N64. I was 12 and super excited for the game. But the second it started up, and I woke up inside that fairy village, I felt sick to my stomach. I thought it was something I ate and soldiered on, but I never made it past the Deku tree. Anything fantastical (ghosts, monsters, magic, fantasy worlds, etc) triggers it and I don't know why.

I have tried watching LOTR and cannot make it more than 10 minutes into the movie without either throwing up or getting nervous sweats. I tried reading the books and just kept thinking about the Sun expanding and swallowing the Earth. I've tried TV shows, watching youtube videos of fantasy games, watching videos of people playing D&D, etc etc etc. All of it triggers the same extreme fear and dread.

I would love some advice because my therapist and I have no idea, and any anti-anxiety medication I have taken does not help with this particular problem.

The above two confessions were from the same Guerrillamail session. In light of this, and because I have a whole bunch of 'em today, here's a third.

quote:

I once contacted a hitman and was about 5 minutes away from having him shake my hand and agree to kill my exgirlfriend.

She was stalking me at the time; showing up at my job, at the gym I go to, and a few times even hiding around my house. It was making it impossible to date anyone else, she was ignoring the PFA and restraining orders I had out, and she always managed to get out of serious jail time. She would be in for a few months, get out, and continue stalking me. I chalk that up solely to her being extremely attractive and me being a homely slob, since the courts always gave her very lenient sentencing. Not important but a major pet peeve of mine and some context. This went on for nearly 5 years and got progressively worse over time, culminating with her putting posters up in local stores saying that I was an absentee father to her triplet babies, and asking for anyone with information on me to call her.

It very much evolved into a Cape Fear type situation and I was terrified for my life at this point and constantly emotionally drained. I had police helping as much as they could, but again, she seemed to always skirt the law and disappear when the heat was on her.

At this point a guy at work offered to help me and gave me a name and location to meet a guy who did "private security". Met him at a barbershop where (I think) he worked, he explained that he was security, but that he also made problems disappear cleanly. I honestly considered it, then chickened out. He was extremely nice, especially considering he killed people for a living, and that was that.

Eventually my ex attempted to cause a gas leak in my house and she was finally busted for attempted manslaughter. Hung herself in jail before sentencing rather than go to prison. So there is a happy ending, I guess. Also yes, I've considered the idea that perhaps that hitman did get to her in the end, but it seems really doubtful.

That one seems fairly unlikely so I dunno if it counts so y'know what NUMBER FOUR

quote:

I poo poo my pants during my calculus 4 final in college. Hardest exam of my life and I had drunk 3 cups of coffee and eaten Long John Silver's before class like an idiot. poo poo my britches about 12 minutes in to the test, which was scheduled to take an hour.

Sat in my fecal soup, and trust me it was very much soup, for almost an hour as people around me started noticing the smell and gagging and dry heaving. Some of it dripped out my pant legs onto the floor.

Finished the test and handed it in, then went back to my apartment to clean up and shower. As I left I realized I was leaving little drips of brown behind me. People were looking at me and I just quickly walked away.

Got a B- in the class, lost a pair of pants, undies, and socks. Never saw any of those people again so who cares.

This certainly one-ups everyone's anxiety-dream stories, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
if she can't handle you at your fetishist she doesn't deserve you at your best

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

if the foot bindings dont fit, you must acquit

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Not sure I buy the ex girlfriend contract killing but for those of you planning to murder someone, if you're the most likely person to want your target dead then you are the prime suspect and the cops will figure it out. You probably hosed up somewhere and you probably are not as great at lying under police questioning as you think you are. So maybe find a better way to solve your problem.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

The Management posted:

Not sure I buy the ex girlfriend contract killing but for those of you planning to murder someone, if you're the most likely person to want your target dead then you are the prime suspect and the cops will figure it out. You probably hosed up somewhere and you probably are not as great at lying under police questioning as you think you are. So maybe find a better way to solve your problem.

How often does the hit man actually turn out to be law enforcement?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

fruit on the bottom posted:

How often does the hit man actually turn out to be law enforcement?

approximately 110% of the time

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Everytime. I mean if a young/rich hockey player can't even find an actual hitman...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.473852?client=safari

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Not surprised, seems like it'd be a fairly consistent honeypot.

I just gotta know how these people are making contact with a "hitman" in the first place. Like, do you make a Craigslist ad or what?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
that or whatever silk road knock off is popular

people are that dumb

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Wasn't that one of the things that led to that Silk Road guy getting busted (besides his my_crimes.txt)? iirc he tried to hire a couple of hitmen to kill someone, and of course both of the hitmen were actually just feds. Because literally all hitmen on the internet are actually feds.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Quote-Unquote posted:

Wasn't that one of the things that led to that Silk Road guy getting busted (besides his my_crimes.txt)? iirc he tried to hire a couple of hitmen to kill someone, and of course both of the hitmen were actually just feds. Because literally all hitmen on the internet are actually feds.

Yes and then one of the cops turned out to be crooked and was arrested shortly after the story broke.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Atlas Hugged posted:

Yes and then one of the cops turned out to be crooked and was arrested shortly after the story broke.

A heartwarming story all round.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Just ask them if they're a cop, they have to tell you

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I'm currently part of the ensemble cast on a relatively popular TV show. Not Walking Dead big, but it's a hell of a good gig and would ensure convention appearances and autograph signings to live on for decades after the show ends.

I was also recently caught masturbating with a female co-star's high heels. So yeah, probably gonna get fired. Currently on break for the holidays but I expect bad news when we start shooting again in January. Still kind of worth it, her footgame is amazing.

curious how they're gonna write Sam out of Game Of Thrones

quote:

Hi goons.

So I'm happily married and we're starting to try to have a kid. The wife has some medical problems that make having a kid a little more challenging but nowhere near impossible. We've trying over two years now. Insurance will cover IVF but as we're young we're going with natural methods for at least another year.

My confession is that about 4 months into trying I started to panic a little and without my wife knowing I went to every sperm donor center and signed up. I'm not a super candidate but I have enough that a few places accepted me. Part of covering my rear end was to include a clause about informing me of my samples use and basic anonymous sex/birth info for any resulting children. I made it clear that I wanted no part in the child's life, I was just a material donor and knowing there was a child was for legal purposes. All handled by the legal firm work pays for.( Seriously, get group legal if work offers) I am now the proud genetic father of two sons and one girl. The wife knows nothing expect that she is happy my anxiety over having a biological with her has passed.

I don't know how to tell her or if I ever will. Maybe a kid looking like me will show up in 18 years and tell her for me. I feel like a scumbag but also kinda not. Part of me wants those little vials of jizz to make it into as many women as possible and spread my genes far and wide but the other half feels like this is some form of betrayal. But really, in the end it's not cheating, all the legal Is and Ts are crossed to protect me and everyone involved wins. I'm happy, the wife is happy, some lesbian couple somewhere maybe is happy. Win-Win right?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Atlas Hugged posted:

Ah yes, the legendary CARL MARK FORCE IV.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Fantasy writer goon: your girlfriend didn't leave you cause she found a bunch of weird notes about Chinese amazons foot fetishes, she left you cause you are trying to write a 14-volume fantasy series which I don't even have to read to know is bad

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

loquacius posted:

curious how they're gonna write Sam out of Game Of Thrones

Carlos Valdes from The Flash. Or maybe someone from Agents of SHIELD.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Fantasy writer goon: your girlfriend didn't leave you cause she found a bunch of weird notes about Chinese amazons foot fetishes, she left you cause you are trying to write a 14-volume fantasy series which I don't even have to read to know is bad

A guy I used to work with has self published two fantasy novels. I read the first page that he had on his website and it contained two homophones and three grammar errors.

If he becomes the next Hugh Howey I will kill myself, because this guy is practically a retard.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

scrubs season six posted:

A guy I used to work with has self published two fantasy novels. I read the first page that he had on his website and it contained two homophones and three grammar errors.

If he becomes the next Hugh Howey I will kill myself, because this guy is practically a retard.

it's 2016 pls stop with the homophobia

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Picture like Wheel of Time, but with more lengthy descriptions of beautiful feet

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

scrubs season six posted:

I was surprised how few fantasy writers I ran into in college writing classes (which has it's own brand of terrible writing).

The only one I experienced was this guy who workshopped a 30-page story (chapter 1 of his novel) and the whole thing was describing what the main character looked like in an uncomfortable, overly sexual way while bending over backwards to try and frame her as a strong, feminist character and she had a direwolf that she had a psychic connection with.

I tried to keep the copy he sent out to the class to take notes on but had to give it back :(

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Shoe masturbater, in a normal company you would be fired immediately. Hollywood is not normal. If the show is doing well and you're a reasonably important character they're not going to fire you. They will sit you down for a discussion where you will confess your sins and agree to their demands. You are also going to get screwed in salary negotiations from now on. Everyone cares about keeping a successful thing rolling much more than your freaky shoe loving, and there are much worse things that are overlooked

I hope that shoe was worth it.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

mfcrocker posted:

A goon, acting like this? Must be a troll

man, hoisted by mine own petard

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i hope they do get fired so we know who it was

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

loquacius posted:

The above two confessions were from the same Guerrillamail session. In light of this, and because I have a whole bunch of 'em today, here's a third.

So the same dude who has an irrrational fear of fantasy elements in fiction is also writing a 14 book fantasy series

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

timp posted:

So the same dude who has an irrrational fear of fantasy elements in fiction is also writing a 14 book fantasy series

Of course he's scared of them, they cost him his girlfriend

poo poo's traumatic

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

drat, a 14-volume series? I really need to up my game, I only have 4 entries planned for my sci-fi YA epic with subtle BDSM overtones

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why the gently caress can't there be like good one off fantasy books? Every drat thing fantasy is a trilogy or more with only enough interesting things for maybe half a normal book.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

As far as fantasy novels, there's nothing better than The Dragon Diaries series and The Aeon Files series by Selena Drake (Ulillillia's sister's pen name)

Also I'm lying they're really bad.

quote:

...If you were smart, you’d start apologizing right now, before I get Myth on the line. Or would you prefer I send this up the ladder to The Lady herself?” There was a silent pause, and Duncan smirked evilly. “Even better; I can tell her brother, Sin, and let him deal with you.”
Dawon blurted something in what I suspected was his native tongue. “That kid’s related to Sin? The Sin?”
“Oh, you haven’t heard?” The vampire spoke so nonchalantly you’d think he was talking about the weather. “You’ll most likely want to be cremated after he’s through with you, that is, of course, if there’s anything left of you to bury. He does make an awful mess.”

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 16, 2016

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why the gently caress can't there be like good one off fantasy books? Every drat thing fantasy is a trilogy or more with only enough interesting things for maybe half a normal book.
that would require an actually good writer to take their time to write a fantasy novel

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SciFiDownBeat posted:

my sci-fi YA epic with subtle BDSM overtones

get 'em while they're young huh

Solice Kirsk posted:

Fantasy and sci-fi require a good setting, and I sort of get the impression that it's not worth the effort to set one of those up and only use it for one book

Like, if you only write one book you probably only have the time to introduce maybe two seven-foot-tall Asian Amazons with tiny baby feet, and what even would be the point

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

try Mairelon the Magician or Howl's Moving Castle

edit: foot fetish dude with 14 page fantasy novel but who is also afraid of fantasy:
your girlfriend found your foot fetish either really loving stupid or really loving creepy but she convinced herself it wasn't that b ad, then she found your 14 volume foot wank fantasy. and before you even attempt to anonymously explain yourself, i'm 10000000000000000000% certain you completely downplayed both the importance of the hosed up feet to the story as well as the amount of sexualization you injected into the concept. just be loving honest with yourself and make a fetlife

Radical and BADical! fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 16, 2016

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY
Guys please stop making GBS threads up this thread unless you're George RR Martin and plan on confessing to being a terrible, rip off goony writer.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I am really in to the cosplay/con scene and enjoy making costumes and the hookup and anonymous sex scene associated with that. Lots of fun times, lots of sex, and no messy relationships or breakfasts in the morning.

I am also a straight male who dresses as female characters and has sex with other straight men. It is the most satisfying and enjoyable thing I do with my life.

I wear a zentai suit, which is effectively a skin colored Morph Suit you might find at a halloween store. Much higher quality though, and it includes a hole for my anus and padding for breasts, hips, rear end, and a way to tape down my penis.

I keep my face shaven and use a lot of makeup and wigs, and most people have no idea I'm a man under there. Which is what I want - I want to be appreciated for my dedication to the character, not for being a guy who's good at dressing like a woman.

Overwatch is really popular right now of course, but I love classics like Sailor Moon, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, She-Hulk, stuff like that. Basically all the women I grew up having crushes on, now I can finally pay tribute to them.

Also I have to urge that, despite what you might think since I dress as a woman, I am not gay. I have had that argument with a few guys who I hooked up with, but usually they understand after I explain that I'm embodying the spirit of those female characters for a bit, no longer just being myself but staying in character.

It says a lot about our society that guys who go to this much effort to have sex with men still bother to find justifications for avoiding the "gay" label

quote:

33 years old. Never been kissed, let alone the more advanced stuff.

Kind of awkward in high school which got worse in college and I basically became a shut in besides class and getting food. I tried a few times to go to social events but nobody talked to me and I didn't feel very confident and just left. Nobody noticed me, as far as I know.

I was on the bus one time going back home and it was pitch black. Somebody sat down next to me, wearing a big bulky coat. She started kind of cuddling up next to me and I thought "Wow, a girl is paying attention to me! I'll ask her out when we get to the next stop". Well it was just a weird old guy with long hair. That's the closest I've come to actually asking out a girl in my whole life.

I do realize this is almost all my fault, so I'm not one of those MRA or incel weirdos. I'm just super awkward and don't feel comfortable in my own skin. Have exercised and dieted and it didn't help - my insecurity runs really deep I think. I'm gonna get therapy at some point I think.

Yeah just being attractive won't get you anything, you have to take initiative and also manage to hold your own in social situations. I think that therapy is a great idea.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

loquacius posted:

It says a lot about our society that guys who go to this much effort to have sex with men still bother to find justifications for avoiding the "gay" label

Seriously :psyduck: just embrace bisexuality or something dude, this is way too much effort to justify something that really doesn't need to be justified. It's not like crossplay is uncommon

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Do cosplayers just bang like furrys? I don't think that's a thing.

I also call bullshit on skintight spandex hiding a tucked or tapped back dick.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Danaru posted:

Seriously :psyduck: just embrace bisexuality or something dude, this is way too much effort to justify something that really doesn't need to be justified. It's not like crossplay is uncommon

In enjoy that he thinks people call him gay because he dresses up as women, not because he likes getting hosed in the butt.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

if you're having sex with men you're bi at least

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Amazonian foot binder man: ancient China wasn't into foot binding, it was more like 11th through 20th century China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Bombadilillo posted:

Do cosplayers just bang like furrys? I don't think that's a thing.

I also call bullshit on skintight spandex hiding a tucked or tapped back dick.

Get a crowd of nerds of any flavor together in an environment that encourages them to not be themselves and there is about a ten thousand percent chance that they are going to bone down.