Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

playing Hacknet for the first time. I'm like a fred chicken spices Snowden. justice is served.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Real hurthling! posted:

or maybe front mission evolved? i heard they turned that series into an ac clone.

FM: Evolved is so boring and bland that I am pretty certain the people who worked on it weren't even excited about making it. There is nothing very fun about it and it makes no interesting use of giant mechs. It remains the most boring game I actually played to completion.

:yeah:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
RE2MAKE crew making their own game with all those art assets they made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7UARF8IQOg

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sakurazuka posted:

Nah I'm more of a scratch it on the outside of an old envelope with a marker sort of seller.
That's good and all, but it can lead to bullshit shenanigans if there's no way to track the package what with Ebay's tendency to side with the buyer almost invariably.

I just had someone try to file a return claim(I don't accept returns) on a Clockwork Robot Lego Minifigure because "it's not a real clockwork robot". If they hadn't worded their reason poorly and Buyer's Remorse-ey there's a good chance Ebay would've sided with them and forced me to refund their money + paid return shipping because they are so incredibly stupid. Gotta cover your rear end on Ebay when selling.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I found this really neat thing called the Mysterious Package Company. It's expensive as hell but they're basically little curated packages where they send you "experiences" of mysteries and poo poo so you can get like faux-aged documents and "artifacts" in the mail for a particular story and have fun figuring it out and solving the puzzles to unravel it. There's one I wish I could get for my fiancee but it is $100 and that's the cheapest one they have, too lmao. I can't link directly to the site since you need to be a member to look at their store (though everybody can become a member and membership is free so it's just a presentation thing) but here are pics from the page.

My fiancee loves horror and I know if I had the $100 to spare, I'd pick this up in a heartbeat because she'd love the surprise of suddenly being thrust into a story of fiction just for a little bit :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Super Mario Run doesn't seem to be out yet here in England. :(

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

FirstAidKite posted:

I found this really neat thing called the Mysterious Package Company. It's expensive as hell but they're basically little curated packages where they send you "experiences" of mysteries and poo poo so you can get like faux-aged documents and "artifacts" in the mail for a particular story and have fun figuring it out and solving the puzzles to unravel it. There's one I wish I could get for my fiancee but it is $100 and that's the cheapest one they have, too lmao. I can't link directly to the site since you need to be a member to look at their store (though everybody can become a member and membership is free so it's just a presentation thing) but here are pics from the page.

My fiancee loves horror and I know if I had the $100 to spare, I'd pick this up in a heartbeat because she'd love the surprise of suddenly being thrust into a story of fiction just for a little bit :)

this actually seems like my jam and i'd love to try it out if i had a 100 bucks to throw at it

i like the disclaimer too, lmao

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

VideoGames posted:

Super Mario Run doesn't seem to be out yet here in England. :(

I downloaded it this morning so it definitely is, maybe restart the app store?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

boy are my arms tired posted:

this actually seems like my jam and i'd love to try it out if i had a 100 bucks to throw at it

i like the disclaimer too, lmao

Yeah lol I love that disclaimer.

There are other way more expensive ones tho. One of them is some 260 or 270 thing for 6 or 7 packages of interactive poo poo.

It just makes me wish I had money :[

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

I downloaded it this morning so it definitely is, maybe restart the app store?

Wohoo! That did it. No longer saying notify, now saying Get App :D

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Like, 3 pages late, but MOBAS are garbage because they trade a huge number of characters for good balance and reasonable complexity. A side effect of this is that you can't be taught, or learn on your own, the real "basics" of the game. You can be just getting the hang of playing your character, but there are hundred other characters, and just when you think you're doing well, you come up against someone with some unique ability like "if you hit them during their ult, it wipes your team" or some poo poo. And then everyone is like "you dumbfuck, how could you not know about their ult?" but it's not like overwatch or battlefield or something, there are over a hundred characters, all with some unique gently caress you ability.

it's not a very accessibly experience with that many variables.

The two main skills in a MOBA are consistency at the pedantic tedium of last-hitting (okay, ability timing in general) and encyclopedic knowledge of over a hundred characters with unique abilities.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

my favorite dota2 character is tiny. i don't know if he's good though

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

What game are you most looking forward to in 2017? It's Persona 5 for me. True, it's technically already out, but I can't read Japanese so it's a 2017 game for me.

If Doom 6 doesn't have a "666" joke in its title I will be severely disappointed.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Harrow posted:

What game are you most looking forward to in 2017? It's Persona 5 for me. True, it's technically already out, but I can't read Japanese so it's a 2017 game for me.

If Doom 6 doesn't have a "666" joke in its title I will be severely disappointed.

Nier Automata and/or the final dark souls 3 dlc

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'm not waiting for any new release right now. There are too many games from this year waiting in line to be bought.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

oddium posted:

He's good with his pocket mana battery in tow.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

MMF Freeway posted:

Nier Automata and/or the final dark souls 3 dlc

Nier Automata is really high up there for me, too. Isn't there a demo coming soon?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Harrow posted:

Nier Automata is really high up there for me, too. Isn't there a demo coming soon?

I heard that rumor but I didn't see if it was confirmed.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
tinys always been "good" iirc his combo still slaps smirks off peoples faces

Harrow posted:

i can't find a link but people have been telling me the 22nd of this month so im holding out hope

i would really like a nier1 remake done by platinum too tbh

e: huh, ok http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-12-08-nier-automata-is-getting-a-ps4-demo-this-month

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm looking forward to zelda/persona/nioh/tekken

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harrow posted:

So loving many

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Guess I'm pretty interested in Ever Oasis and Yooka Laylee for 2017. Also the floating simulator Tacoma.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh poo poo I forgot about Zelda somehow, that's also pretty far up there on my 2017 list. I really hope that my expectations that the open world is basically just a big toy box for us to play with are accurate. I'd hate for it just feel like "what if Zelda, but Far Cry." "Here, go capture all these moblin forts. Content!"

Also I'm cautiously optimistic about the new Prey game. Emphasis on "cautiously," but I have to admit that "basically BioShock 1, except instead of shooting fire out of your hands you turn into a coffee cup and roll around" appeals to me. (I realize that the space setting implies more System Shock than BioShock comparisons, but I'm not about to trick myself into thinking it's going to be something with System Shock 2's depth.)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

Mine is either Queen of Pain or Kunkka

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

someone should introduce her, to the Queen of Pants #itsmy2cents

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Nioh is gonna be real fun.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Harrow posted:

I'm hoping the studio behind Sunset Overdrive surprises everybody with an amazing Spider-Man game. There's no release date yet but I'd find it hard to believe that it won't be 2017. Other than that I don't really keep tabs on upcoming games other than what I see goons talk about here on SA. It's not a big deal when games came out since I almost never play them right away.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Snak posted:

Nioh is gonna be real fun.

Agreed. The demos have been super promising so I'm definitely buying what Nioh's selling. I'm extra excited because I like spears in video games an Nioh makes spears really drat satisfying and fun to use.

Lobok posted:

I'm hoping the studio behind Sunset Overdrive surprises everybody with an amazing Spider-Man game. There's no release date yet but I'd find it hard to believe that it won't be 2017. Other than that I don't really keep tabs on upcoming games other than what I see goons talk about here on SA. It's not a big deal when games came out since I almost never play them right away.

I'm actually pretty optimistic that that'll be a good Spider-Man game. I haven't played Sunset Overdrive (no Xbox One) but it seems like making a game about constant, fluid motion like that would be good preparation for making a good game where you're Spider-Man.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

oddium posted:

Nah it's ok, she's got some thigh highs.

*bows*
Good evening, Your Royal Thigh-Highness.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

FirstAidKite posted:

Mine is either Queen of Pain or Kunkka

my boy lich with the pinball ult

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Agreed. The demos have been super promising so I'm definitely buying what Nioh's selling. I'm extra excited because I like spears in video games an Nioh makes spears really drat satisfying and fun to use.

I'm actually pretty optimistic that that'll be a good Spider-Man game. I haven't played Sunset Overdrive (no Xbox One) but it seems like making a game about constant, fluid motion like that would be good preparation for making a good game where you're Spider-Man.

Yeah, I like that spears feel really different from swords.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Snak posted:

Yeah, I like that spears feel really different from swords.

One downside to the demos is that I'm already going back and forth on what character build I want to do. I know I want to do spears, unless there's some melee weapon category they haven't revealed yet that ends up being even more fun. But do I want to do cool onmyo magic with them? Or emphasize the spirit stuff, because the animal spirits are rad as hell?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

One downside to the demos is that I'm already going back and forth on what character build I want to do. I know I want to do spears, unless there's some melee weapon category they haven't revealed yet that ends up being even more fun. But do I want to do cool onmyo magic with them? Or emphasize the spirit stuff, because the animal spirits are rad as hell?

I think that Onmyo/Spirit is going to be a pretty viable magic-centric build.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

She's very pretty but also very mean

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I'm sad I missed the nioh demos. I heard they refined the game a lot from the first demo to the next which sounds promising, like they are really taking player feedback into account.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

MMF Freeway posted:

I'm sad I missed the nioh demos. I heard they refined the game a lot from the first demo to the next which sounds promising, like they are really taking player feedback into account.

The second demo was really good, but sadly, I was too busy to finish it during the limited time it was available.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I actually remember preferring the controls in the first demo over the controls in the second demo, but I also don't really remember what exactly changed.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I'm excited for Nioh and the new Zelda game- don't know if I want to wait for whenever I get a Switch to play the new Zelda or just get it on Wii U.

I don't remember the last time I didn't wait a couple years before jumping into a new console but if the Switch actually has a good launch lineup and is at or under like 300 USD...

No, no, I won't do it; I won't be tricked into Buying A Console At Launch...

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

I actually remember preferring the controls in the first demo over the controls in the second demo, but I also don't really remember what exactly changed.

They hosed up the ranged aiming pretty bad. Given how much they changed from alpha feedback, I won't be surprised if they fix it before release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

I'm excited for Nioh and the new Zelda game- don't know if I want to wait for whenever I get a Switch to play the new Zelda or just get it on Wii U

:stonklol:

• Locked thread