Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Penn and Teller did an episode of Bullshit on Cryptozoology and it's full of people like that. Pro watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Volkerball posted:

The plague isn't dead but it's also not really a bad disease. The only reason it hosed poo poo up so bad in medieval times is because they tried to treat it by like, wiping your body with leaves to brush off the evil spirits.

also having a lot of people die of a disease means its survivors are going to be more resistant to it

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tiler Kiwi posted:

also having a lot of people die of a disease means its survivors are going to be more resistant to it

I don't think that resistance lasts for centuries and centuries though.

Another fun fact about the plague is that people were told that taking baths made them more susceptible to it lol.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I think the logic is that when pretty much the entire population is infected, those who have the most natural resistance to the disease will survive, passing on their genes. Those who don't will die and won't get to.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
MY body is changing. I've successfully coughed up my lungs. New better things have grown in their place. I spend my time submerged underwater in my bathtub. I'll receive the call soon to join my brothers and sisters in the deep.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
why is salon calling ivanka trump the first lady

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Volkerball posted:

Because apparently Melania Trump doesn't really want the job or whatever.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Hollismason posted:

Because apparently Melania Trump doesn't really want the job or whatever.

i don't think it works like that

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Volkerball posted:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Volkerball posted:

It does for Trump

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

if he wants to bang his daughter it doesn't make his wife not the first lady. it just..should make him..not president.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Volkerball posted:

Ivanka is fulfilling the slot for ceremonial roles, like during inauguration. Because Melina wants to stay with Baron for his school year and she clearly hates this poo poo.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Volkerball posted:

a loophole in nepotism laws

trust that guy to find them

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Ivanka is fulfilling the slot for ceremonial roles, like during inauguration. Because Melina wants to stay with Baron for his school year and she clearly hates this poo poo.

According to who

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
let's just face facts

one of the oldest presidents elect needs his kid to handhold him throughout his senile reign

where was reagan's daughter you might ask?

:nws: https://lmgtfy.com/?q=reagan+daughter+playboy

doing the right thing and saying gently caress you dad

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Rush Limbo posted:

Penn and Teller did an episode of Bullshit on Cryptozoology and it's full of people like that. Pro watch.

Some people watch sitcoms for mindless, sometimes humorous, entertainment.

I watch cryptozoology shows because they're guaranteed to be both mindless and hilarious. Seriously, they're hilariously entertaining for all the reasons they don't want to be.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

merry exmarx posted:

his final monologue is what i was saying all last year, and i'm p smug about it
i listened to it, adam curtis is real interesting but these chapo boys are kinda annoying as poo poo

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

i think it's literally the american accents

my anti-americanism raising its head again

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

R. Mute posted:

a drone will be by shortly to assist you

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

R. Mute posted:

i think it's literally the american accents

will has an extremely annoying nerd voice, they finally fixed Felix always breathing into the mic, but Matt probably still sounds like he's yelling from across the room and has that always grating Ohio accent

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Some people watch sitcoms for mindless, sometimes humorous, entertainment.

I watch cryptozoology shows because they're guaranteed to be both mindless and hilarious. Seriously, they're hilariously entertaining for all the reasons they don't want to be.

My grandmother watches a lot of this poo poo, and I was over there when she was watching Mountain Monsters or something similar where a bunch of rednecks go into the woods and run around screaming with shotguns trying to find out what's going on.

I seem to remember one episode was about the chupacabra (could have been a different "Monsters" show, I guess they've got a few) where for some reason Bigfoot showed up too. I guess their official 'theory' was that Bigfoots were using them as dogs.

This is a pattern in all of them. No matter what dubious thing it is they're hunting, it's somehow related to Bigfoot.

The worst part was it was on Animal Planet. drat those channels have gone to poo poo. Now it's all vets, tree houses and chasing fictional monsters.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Volkerball posted:

melania has absolutely no interest in doing any of the first lady duties at all. ivanka is going to hang out at the white house and do all the first lady stuff while melania stays far away from her husband's dumb vanity project as long as possible

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Rush Limbo posted:

My grandmother watches a lot of this poo poo, and I was over there when she was watching Mountain Monsters or something similar where a bunch of rednecks go into the woods and run around screaming with shotguns trying to find out what's going on.

I seem to remember one episode was about the chupacabra (could have been a different "Monsters" show, I guess they've got a few) where for some reason Bigfoot showed up too. I guess their official 'theory' was that Bigfoots were using them as dogs.

This is a pattern in all of them. No matter what dubious thing it is they're hunting, it's somehow related to Bigfoot.

The worst part was it was on Animal Planet. drat those channels have gone to poo poo. Now it's all vets, tree houses and chasing fictional monsters.

My favorite part is that at the start of the show they always say something along the lines of "WILL THEY FIND THE MYSTERY BEAST?" and I always say "nope". If anyone ever did find anything definitive I'd have heard about it long before watching your garbage show on reruns. :v:

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
are you all looking forward to the entire middle east collapsing into a mix of slaughter, misery, and nuclear hellfire under Trump? it'll be yuuuuuuge

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
Ivanka is the real wife if you know what I mean

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Iowa Snow King posted:

Ivanka is the real wife if you know what I mean

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

pretty sure the guy who's on record saying he wants to bang his daughter already made it weird

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Muppets On PCP posted:

pretty sure the guy who's on record saying he wants to bang his daughter already made it weird

he has really lovely opinions about far cry too

edit: i thought ddraig or w/e made the weird post. i was gonna make oh "oh wait did you mean trump" joke after this one but that would be kind of pointless since it wasn't actually ddraig or w/e who made the original post and this is really going nowhere.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 16, 2016

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

syscall girl posted:

fun fact: michael jackson liked to beat it to him and his sarcophagus

Well tbf, Davidson was kind of "his type": young-looking and hairless.:pedo:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
I love when restaurants are in a converted pizza hut.

It's like when a hermit crab moves in a new shell

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Far cry is bad

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Far cry is bad

hm

nah

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
the original is prob not fun anymore I'll give you that

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
far cry 3 and 4 are two of the best games ever made

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Volkerball posted:

far cry 3 and 4 are two of the best games ever made

Lol. Far Cry is okay but it's always been thoroughly mediocre. Kind of like the avatar of passable triple A game/series.

The two I like, 2 and blood dragon, are because of their commitment to and success at theming

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Lol. Far Cry is okay but it's always been thoroughly mediocre. Kind of like the avatar of passable triple A game/series.

The two I like, 2 and blood dragon, are because of their commitment to and success at theming

i strapped c4 to an elephant and detonated him inside a fort while he was going on a giant gently caress off elephant rampage, killing 3 men. absolutely nothing about that is mediocre.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

And my flare gun set a blaze through the brush and set off the gas tank of my escape ride. I hide in a shack but the lovely walls get shot through and I have to dig a bullet out of my shin behind a steel barrel. The blaze hits the ammo dump and bullets start flying everywhere of their own accord.

That's all :krad: but the other 70 hours of Far Cry 2 is not a great game. Too much busy work in the series.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/erinscafe/status/809804602119852032

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

"im telling ya, they come in handy"

good. good.

• Locked thread