Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Unfunny Poster posted:

No only that, but dancing.

my friend does promotions for them and a few other places. Look for a giant white guy that looks like a shaved tattooed bear and answers to "Tim"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ladron posted:

my friend does promotions for them and a few other places. Look for a giant white guy that looks like a shaved tattooed bear and answers to "Tim"

"giant white guy" is like, 99% of the foreigners in Itaewon tbh.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

No only that, but dancing.

I dont really understand this bar. Maybe tomorrow night warrants a visit. Theres: pizza, dancing, and video games? Because now you're not describing SA, but a middle school house party.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Unfunny Poster posted:

"giant white guy" is like, 99% of the foreigners in Itaewon tbh.

6'10", so bigger than most

https://www.instagram.com/king.rix/

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Look for Sandor Clegane.
He answers with 'Yarp'.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AmbientParadox posted:

I dont really understand this bar. Maybe tomorrow night warrants a visit. Theres: pizza, dancing, and video games? Because now you're not describing SA, but a middle school house party.

It is pretty much all that. If I remember correctly, it even has Street Fighter 2. I don't know what the group I usually hang out with is doing but if we're doing Itaewon I'll post here or if someone can add me to Kakao group chat I can post there as well. (I don't know how it works).

Oh yeah I've seen him around in Itaewon. Always wears a "Veterans" biker cut right?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
anyone know what the heck happened to that goon-made Korean history podcast? I've been meaning to listen to it for a while, but now that I went to check, it looks like it's vanished from the internet- the itunes page is gone, the facebook page, the website's offline too. :confused:

Koramei fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 16, 2016

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It's dead, Jim.
Won't be rehosted, either.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Unfunny Poster posted:

Oh yeah I've seen him around in Itaewon. Always wears a "Veterans" biker cut right?

that's him. kinda hard to miss..

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Uh, I want to go to that pizza/arcade/dance club.

The Lummox removed his podcast? Guess he got tired of us teasing him about his "storytelling voice." I suggest flooding him with PMs until he's annoyed into sending you the audio files directly.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bugblatter posted:

Uh, I want to go to that pizza/arcade/dance club.

The Lummox removed his podcast? Guess he got tired of us teasing him about his "storytelling voice." I suggest flooding him with PMs until he's annoyed into sending you the audio files directly.

I already asked. He wants it to fade into history.

Gildiss fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 22, 2016

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Edited because someone is all :tinfoil:

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 22, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there still a Goon Kakao talk group or is that dead?

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Unfunny Poster posted:

I would assume so, because

Spermanent Record posted:

I remember you being a weirdo Koreaboo who stomps into every thread and screams "I WAS IN KOREA FOR 10 YEARS LISTEN TO ME!" Like we're supposed to be impressed. Are you in the Korea Kakao? Come and talk like a human being instead of whatever this is.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Unfunny Poster posted:

There is, just ask for invite.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i hear THE LUMMOX and i think SISTAR CENTAUR

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Aesis posted:

There is, just ask for invite.

Ok someone add me. PM me for my name because I was unoriginal in picking my name and used my IRL name.

Also if anyone is in Itaewon I am here for the evening.

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

How would you guys say the Korean economy has been trending the last 2 years or so? Anything very noticeable? When I left, restaurants in most towns started to shut down earlier and private tutoring and so on wasn't doing as well as before due to a lack of household income and/or rising expenses. Has that reversed? Gotten better? Any anecdotes or charts/graphs to show? thx in advance

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

TreFitty posted:

How would you guys say the Korean economy has been trending the last 2 years or so? Anything very noticeable? When I left, restaurants in most towns started to shut down earlier and private tutoring and so on wasn't doing as well as before due to a lack of household income and/or rising expenses. Has that reversed? Gotten better? Any anecdotes or charts/graphs to show? thx in advance

Highly dependent where you live. Where I am at business is booming and the town continues to add 50-100k people every year.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

My area has grown massively in the last few years and continues to do so rapidly, but I have no idea about the nationwide economy.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Unfunny Poster posted:

Ok someone add me. PM me for my name because I was unoriginal in picking my name and used my IRL name.

Also if anyone is in Itaewon I am here for the evening.

huh no one's added you yet. I don't have pm's but email me and I can do it.

username at gmail dot com

TreFitty posted:

In the last few years the trend, in Seoul, has been towards boutique experiences. Coffee shops, bars, and restaurants have seemed to move much more towards middle class fancy, rather than dirt spoon slop for everything. For example, there's been such a swing in beer drinking culture: micro-brews and specialty brews now made by the big boys and craft beer on the menu at most decent restaurants.

AmbientParadox fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Dec 19, 2016

Milksteak
Dec 1, 2002

TreFitty posted:

Wait aren't you that racist dude? Would you even believe the data if it didn't fit your narrative.

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

Milksteak posted:

Wait aren't you that racist dude? Would you even believe the data if it didn't fit your narrative.
Yea, I'm that racist dude

Raphisonfire
May 2, 2009
Can I be added back to the kakao chat please?

ID: rafaelaragon

Thank you!

nervana
Dec 9, 2010
What place has the best wings nights? (limiting the area to itaewon)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thursday Party in Itaewon does a wings night on Tuesdays.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Our office has been doing wings Tuesdays lately and I'm kind of torn between 3 alley and Sam Ryan's. Bull and barrel is OK too.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

nullscan posted:

Our office has been doing wings Tuesdays lately and I'm kind of torn between 3 alley and Sam Ryan's.

aren't these literally the same place? Like directly on top of each other and using the same kitchen?

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

same building, same owner, different kitchen and menu

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Coos me coos me, baby, coos me coos me.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Bugblatter posted:

I thought it was more of "kills me kills me". But we're meandering into jamesman territory. Let us drink bleach and forget this ever happened.

Milksteak
Dec 1, 2002

Bugblatter posted:

Deep discussion about this in chat...

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Milksteak posted:

Deep discussion about this in chat...

Look, if you can't accept that eye-contact dance vids are the zeitgeist of kpop, then you need to sit down and think long and hard about your life.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I like the part where the girls do their solo butt wiggle in the middle of the group. :)

And yeah, I was certain it was "kills me" until I saw the title later on.

nervana
Dec 9, 2010
What are your thoughts on impeachment of PGH?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

It adds yet another layer of irony to Female President, the hit song by the popular k-pop group, Girl's Day.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

sorry for this here extremely controversial opinion but I think it is good

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Im sure the next president will be the first non corrupt one.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Can I get an invite back to the Kakao? cmgarlan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsh
Aug 2, 2003
I will be in Korea for all of May to get married and hang with the in-laws. What's the best way to get data access on my phone without using an egg or something like that? Fiancee is Korean citizen if that matters even though we live in the States. I'm looking for convenience, but the Verizon international plan is a huge rip.