Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Blast of Confetti posted:

Where can I buy a tabard?

Also how much of a difference will heavy armor make over light? On my magplar I have to hit Breath of Life a lot more than I'd like to when doing solo stuff.

How often and what level are you? Sweeps should be enough to keep you up except in maybe some boss fights.

e: you can buy the goon tabard from the banker, choose "guild store."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Event info
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/12/13/celebrate-the-new-life-festival

quote:

Celebrate the New Life Festival
12.13.2016 Announcements

We're wrapping up an exciting year in Tamriel by celebrating the New Life Festival! This event is filled with quests that take you across different zones, and you have a chance to obtain fun and festive rewards.

The New Life Festival kicks off this Thursday, December 15 at 10:00am EST. Before you can partake in the festivities, you'll need to track down Breda outside Windhelm for your first quest simply titled “The New Life Festival." Once you complete her requests, you'll have the opportunity to complete up to nine different daily quests, each themed for Tamriel's different races and located in their respective zones. These include:

Castle Charm Challenge (Breton)
Fish Boon Feast (Argonian)
Lava Foot Stomp (Dunmer)
Mud Ball Merriment (Bosmer)
Signal Fire Sprint (Redguard)
Snow Bear Plunge (Nord)
Stonetooth Bash (Orc)
The Trial of Five-Clawed Guile (Khajiit)
War Orphan's Sojourn (Altmer)

Upon completion of each quest, you'll be given a New Life Gift Box which contains a random assortment of New Life Festival-themed goodies. Each New Life Gift Box will always contain:

A random crafting material (Provisioning ingredient, Alchemy reagent, or Health glyph)
A consumable version of a New Life-themed Memento
A Skinchanger style item (Wolfsbane Incense)

In addition, you will also receive one of the following:

A Skinchanger Motif chapter
A New Life recipe of either green, blue or gold-quality
A special New Life Collectible
Mud Ball Pouch (Memento)
Nordic Bather's Towel (Costume)
Colovian Filigreed Hood (Hat)
Colovian Fur Hood (Hat)

If you're able to complete all the quests that Breda has for you, you'll receive a special new dye – New Life Cerulean – and the New Life Celebrant achievement. Completing all the New Life-related achievements will grant the “Magnanimous" title as well! In addition, drinking Breda's Magnificent Mead (located in a keg near Breda) will net you double XP for two hours. Be sure and complete each quest before the New Life Festival concludes on Wednesday, January 4 at 10am EST.

Don't forget that in tandem with the New Life Festival, we also have several Crown Store items available to get your character in the holiday spirit! Check out our latest Crown Store Showcase for the exact dates each item will be available to purchase.

As you participate in the New Life Festival, we'd love to see screenshots of your character enjoying the festivities. Be sure to share them with us on the official forums, Instagram and Twitter @TESOnline.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Lol someone post a picture of a loading screen and tag TESOnline in it.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I saw someone talking in chat about queuing as healer as a Stamsorc to get smaller queue times. Should I just get the skills and wing it or is there a suggested minimum / equipment set I should carry?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Virigoth posted:

I saw someone talking in chat about queuing as healer as a Stamsorc to get smaller queue times. Should I just get the skills and wing it or is there a suggested minimum / equipment set I should carry?

Varies. Depending on the group and the dungeon sometimes I can get away without needing to cast a heal and sometimes I have to babysit everyone and throw extra heals on my bars to get past the first boss.

For any DLC dungeons or a II dungeon you're probably going to have to be more than a DPS dude with one or two points in resto staff

Blast of Confetti fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 14, 2016

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Are the II dungeons actually still harder now?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Virigoth posted:

gently caress that. Those are the kinds of idiots that get kicked from groups for queueing as healers when they have nothing spec'd into healing.

Like, if I queue into a rando dungeon as a non-healer, and my "healer" doesn't have a resto staff (or isn't a templar without one), either they get kicked or I leave.

E: Whoa holy poo poo. Linking your Steam and ESO accounts means that when you run the game through Steam it auto-logs you in.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 14, 2016

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I was planning on doing a full bar with staff. Still a big ol nope?

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baron Porkface posted:

Noticeably so. I guess the scaling still expects people to have decent gear and knowledge of mechanics.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Wheres a good place to grind levels during the double xp event?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Scyantific posted:

The problem with looking up guides for classes is that most people (i.e. Deltia) don't think about the starting out parts of said guides. They just assume people want "push butan, win game" stuff. That being said:

Pour everything into Magicka, obviously. You'll want to focus on Light Armor, but for survivability, run 2 Heavy Armor pieces as well. It helps quite a bit.
Race choice would be Altmer, Dunmer, Breton, Argonian, in terms of potential. I chose Dunmer for the extra stamina, and Argonian is great if you want to run a Tank build alongside your damage setup.
Your Mundus Stone (like Skyrim's Standing Stones) will be Thief, which increases your Critical Rating, thereby increasing the amount of critical hits you land in a rotation.
Item traits will be Training while leveling, and once at the endgame, Divines on Armor, Sharpened on weapons.

Levels 1-15:
  • Get a destruction staff, preferably fire. You will not be using the skills from that specific skill line just yet, you're only going to be using it for the range and utility.
  • Get the first ability of each of the Nightblade class trees, Assassin's Blade, Cloak, and Strife. Strife is your main skill for dealing damage, Assassin's Blade is your execute (i.e. use it when targets are at <25% health), and Cloak is there to help you escape should you run into trouble.
  • As you level up your class trees, make sure to purchase all of the passive skills when you can. They help a lot.
  • Also make sure to purchase the remaining class skills as you go along. Magicka nightblades are probably the only playstyle that can get by with only their class skills, which is a great thing, and also helps them specialize in all roles simultaneously. My magblade pulls triple duty as Damage Dealer, Healer (nightblades have great off-heals), and Tank.
  • Purchase all of the passives in the Light Armor tree first, then focus on purchasing the passives in the Heavy Armor tree, specifically Juggernaut.

At level 15, begin investing into either Dual Wield if you want to focus on damage, or One-Hand and Shield if you want survivability. Eventually you'll want both of them maxed out. However, the only thing you will be targeting in the Dual Wield tree is the Twin Blade and Blunt passive, which increases your overall damage by 5% when you are using dual swords (which is what you'll be wanting to use as a magblade).

Eventually you'll want your skills to look like this:
Assassin's Blade -> Impale - This is your execute.
Teleport Strike -> Lotus Fan
Mark Target -> Reaper's Mark or Piercing Mark - The first is pretty decent for PvE, giving you Major Berserk if you kill a target affected by the mark, while Piercing Mark is great in PvP
Blur -> Mirage or Double Take - Mirage is great if you want to tank, because it gives you Minor Resolve and Minor Ward, in addition to giving you Major Evasion. Double Take is good if you want a quick burst of speed.
Grim Focus -> Merciless Resolve
Shadow Cloak -> Shadowy Disguise or Dark Cloak - The former grants you 100% critical on your next attack, while the latter grants Minor Protection after the cloak wears off
Veiled Strike -> Concealed Weapon
Path of Darkness -> Refreshing Path
Aspect of Terror -> Mass Hysteria
Summon Shade -> Shadow Image
Strife -> Funnel Health - This will be your main source of DPS. It is also a fantastic off-heal.
Agony -> Prolonged Suffering
Cripple -> Crippling Grasp - This will be your main source of Damage Over Time, also grants you Major Expedition
Siphoning Strikes -> Siphoning Attacks - This is what makes Nightblades really good. Having this skill active returns resources to you with both skills and light/heavy attacks. This is why you can run lower resource regeneration than most other classes.
Drain Power -> Sap Essence - This is your main Area of Effect ability. It also grants you Major Sorcery, increasing your spell damage by 20%

Other skills you might want to grab from outside the class skills:
Magelight -> Inner Light - This skill is huge. Not only does it give you extra Magicka, it gives you Major Prophecy which increases your Spell Critical by 10%. Also, with all the Mages Guild passives applied, it grants you Empower, giving your next attack a 20% increase in damage.
Entropy -> Structured Entropy - Another source of Major Entropy. Plus the morph gives you +8% Max Health. Use it if you're cheap and don't want to buy potions all the time.
Annulment -> Harness Magicka or Dampen - Great damage shield. The first morph returns magicka any time it blocks a magic-based attack, and the second morph increases its strength based on the numer of Light Armor pieces you're wearing
Wall of Elements -> Elemental Blockade - Only really useful if you have a Maelstrom Fire Staff. Nonetheless it's still a decent AoE with a good coverage.
Trap Beast -> Rearming Trap - The only source of Minor Force that can be used freely. Minor Force increases your Critical Damage by 10%

Ultimates:
Death Stroke -> Soul Harvest
Consuming Shadows -> Veil of Blades
Soul Shred -> Soul Tether
Meteor -> Shooting Star
Soul Strike -> Soul Assault
Elemental Storm -> Elemental Rage

why do you start putting points in dual wield if they use stamina? Is that just for leveling?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Kakarot posted:

why do you start putting points in dual wield if they use stamina? Is that just for leveling?

The last passive of the Dual Wield line offers 5% more damage if you're using dual swords. This applies to magicka skills as well.

E: Just did Veteran Imperial City Prison on my first try with pick-up group. Nailed the speed-run and hard mode.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Dec 14, 2016

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Baron Porkface posted:

from my experience, the only "hard" II dungeons are City of Ash (because of Horvantud, who is an even bigger dps check now) and Crypt of Hearts (because in all this time, 90% of people have STILL not figured out how to not die from Mezeluth's abilities).

meanwhile, in most I dungeons, final bosses have inflated health pools (usually upwards of 6-7 mil) and some of them (the Whisperer, Allene Pellingare) have a bullshit one-shot ability that'll likely kill someone in your party a couple times throughout the fight with no way around it. other than that, the Part I final bosses feel more like a slog than any kind of real challenge.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Ugh, there are so many IIs that are terrible with PUGs. I barely bother to pug normal IIs..

Scyantific posted:

E: Just did Veteran Imperial City Prison on my first try with pick-up group. Nailed the speed-run and hard mode.

Some people win the lottery, others get the perfect pug. Congrats!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DC on Azura's Star: "Guys we don't PvDoor come on."

6 in the loving morning, CST

gently caress you, assholes.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Is there a character builder that lets me check for redundant buffs?

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Baron Porkface posted:

Is there a character builder that lets me check for redundant buffs?

eso-skills.com

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

inflatable fish posted:

eso-skills.com

I don't see where the buff checking is.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Servers...goin down for the third day in a row for maintenance.

What are the chances that it's linked to their Cyrodiil fix for infinite loading screens?

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Baron Porkface posted:

I don't see where the buff checking is.

ah sorry, misunderstood your question. fwiw, there are no redundant buffs/debuffs within each class's abilities, and the number of them you can get from weapon/armour/guild trees is so small you can easily keep track of duplicates.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
This thread/guild chat is buff checking. Just ask questions and we'll hook you up dude.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
What is the ideal slider location on the physical attribute triangle to ensure my Argonian features maximum buffness?

Just purchased this game and am pleasantly surprised after all the things I've heard about it, and would love an invite to the Ebonheart Guild @Deofuta.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Here's a buff list, with sources, from 2015, divided by class, weapons etc. Not sure how updated it is, but it worked well for me earlier.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Here is a list of the buffs and debuffs, sortable by source and type for your build making pleasure. ESO Academy is usually pretty up to date.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Welp, it happened, my idiot/pubby-proof tank build failed me with a pubby group for COH II.

loving DPS with 35k health running 2hander just spamming Cleave and Uppercut, top-notch skill there :downsbravo:

E: Tried again with an actual DD-er instead of some idiot, and not only did the run go through without a hitch, but I got my Lich Restoration Staff. So I'm good.

Sometimes you get the complete opposite of this two days in a row. Yesterday I managed to pull 40k DPS on my fresh magblade without either breaking a sweat or having to use Infallible Aether or Moondancer's 3pc Minor Slayer bonus. Just basic Julianos+Maelstrom+Willpower+Ilambris gear.

Also, Mages guild not fully leveled and I'm already sitting at 45k magicka. Probably gonna break 47-48k once it's fully fleshed.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

What's proccing your Ilambris? My magblade is all "magic damage" to my memory so I use Neri.

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Aramek posted:

What's proccing your Ilambris? My magblade is all "magic damage" to my memory so I use Neri.

destro staff/elemental blockade

that said, I'll take Grothdarr over Ilambris for a magblade any day

inflatable fish fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 15, 2016

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Oh yeah, duh. I'm all class skills on mine.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Maelstrom Lightning Staff: Storm Blockade
Main staff: Force Pulse and Fire Rage

I have yet to get Shooting Star for more fire damage

inflatable fish posted:

destro staff/elemental blockade

that said, I'll take Grothdarr over Ilambris for a magblade any day

I use Grothdarr during trash pulls, and Molag Kena for fights like Engine Guardian when the boss moves too much for a reliable Ilambris proc.

E: The boss in question was Stormfist in Tempest Island. Only had one add spawn as well so subtracting the parse for that I ended up with about 39.8k total.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 15, 2016

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

How does stamblade compare to magblade, particularly in terms of roles I'll be able to play in a party? Started playing a couple weeks ago and was going stamblade because it had nice synergies with medium armor, but will it restrict me to being dps for parties?

Also, can I get a guild invite on @bussunda?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Machado de Assis posted:

How does stamblade compare to magblade, particularly in terms of roles I'll be able to play in a party? Started playing a couple weeks ago and was going stamblade because it had nice synergies with medium armor, but will it restrict me to being dps for parties?

Also, can I get a guild invite on @bussunda?

Stamblades are pretty much limited to straight DPS in group situations. Magblades on the other hand can easily swap between tanking and healing setups with a simple gear and skillbar change.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Hurry up and fill the guild bank with the event motifs and recipes, I don't wanna do the evennt quests.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Yeah, the best I can say about this event is that a couple of the quests are utterly trivial to do every day. At least Halloween provided an extra incentive for people to go fight group bosses.

The sheer pandemonium surrounding the main quest NPC in Eastmarch is really something to see, though. Dropping a Storm Atronarch in the middle of a crowd is my new favorite trollish behavior—it's mildly annoying at worst, other sorcerers respond by summoning their own Atronarchs, and when there are a lot of people around you can't tell who's responsible.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rollersnake posted:

Yeah, the best I can say about this event is that a couple of the quests are utterly trivial to do every day. At least Halloween provided an extra incentive for people to go fight group bosses.

The sheer pandemonium surrounding the main quest NPC in Eastmarch is really something to see, though. Dropping a Storm Atronarch in the middle of a crowd is my new favorite trollish behavior—it's mildly annoying at worst, other sorcerers respond by summoning their own Atronarchs, and when there are a lot of people around you can't tell who's responsible.

Most of them are really easy. I did all of them yesterday and the only thing that took any significant time was actually traveling to the few areas that I didn't have wayshrines for yet.

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

StarkRavingMad posted:

Most of them are really easy. I did all of them yesterday and the only thing that took any significant time was actually traveling to the few areas that I didn't have wayshrines for yet.

and trying to fish amid a crowd of 50+ people...

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

inflatable fish posted:

and trying to fish amid a crowd of 50+ people...

Drop the quest and pick up another. It'll give you a different one.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Along with the floating barrel lids, I keep seeing this glitch everywhere, and it never stops being funny.

Also I got the costume in my second box today! I had pretty bad luck back during the Witches' Festival (though I still got a full set of Hollowjack Motifs thanks to extras from goons), so this was a nice surprise.

inflatable fish
Dec 8, 2016

Robo Reagan posted:

Drop the quest and pick up another. It'll give you a different one.

sure but you can't dodge it forever if you want to get your 'cheevments!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

inflatable fish posted:

sure but you can't dodge it forever if you want to get your 'cheevments!

Then you have to decide between your sanity or video game points nobody cares about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
The fishing one was pretty easy for me. Aim at one of the fishing spots and just watch your own pole. Took me maybe 10 minutes once I got to the spot? Maybe I just got lucky.