Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

theshim posted:

Witness! I am wrong!

WITNESS!

Twice in fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ixjuvin posted:

the tiny devils get masked by, they put a bunch of lil masks on basically a waterwheel and just dip it into a running black flame.

The tricky part is training a parrot to continually yell names at them as they come out.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Begemot posted:

The tricky part is training a parrot to continually yell names at them as they come out.
teach it to recite a poem and each devil gets a line of it as a name

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Avshalom posted:

teach it to recite a poem and each devil gets a line of it as a name

This is starting to sound like a real machine (thing?) in this universe.

:magical:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

VanSandman posted:

Yeah people here know way too fuckin much about the comic, I'm personally taking only what we've been told in-comic or in the text below as true and everything else is false.
Also if you didn't read the text boxes below all the updates you missed some primo poo poo, Avs
Read the text boxes and the hover-over comic text, because that has some good poo poo too at times

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

The wheel is made of birds and the birds are made of wheels.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

There was something on the tumblr about devils brewing liquor for the purpose of reproduction, when human or maybe a servant drinks the liquor (or presumably beer wine etc we saw at the contest) a small devil grows inside them. Most of these are consumed but some manage to scurry away to cause mischief. New devils can also grow from devils kisses in a process we haven't seen yet. So some bound devils come from pacts made by humans and others through parasitic reproduction process with humans and possibly servants.

Then there are unbound devils which exist in the void and are also used to power reanimated Angel bodies and other automatons, and are also in some way related to the devils' drinks but this hasn't really been explained.

everything a devil touches eventually turns into more devils. Devil liquor, the bodies of people who've been devil-marked, dead devils, the hot black flame consumes everything. this is probably the single greatest thing about the comic's worldbuilding; the arc of the universe is long and it bends towards devils. Cio is basically laying eggs in Allison's brain right now

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 16, 2016

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
cryo i love you

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Tekne posted:

The wheel is made of birds and the birds are made of wheels.

YS Voya is the light and avshalom is her prophet

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i put an egg up my rear end and stand perfectly still for a month. it hatches into a tiny evil pimp sphynx the size of a guinea pig that becomes my advisor. it tells me to ruin six billion threads

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Glorious

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

fantastic

Lowen
Mar 16, 2007

Adorable.

adorable

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
God I want K6BD animated series so bad.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
actually my guinea fowl aren't far off being k6bd devils already, i should just submit them as fan-characters

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Avshalom posted:

actually my guinea fowl aren't far off being k6bd devils already, i should just submit them as fan-characters

Hatch six billion keets

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

lmao

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
gently caress i'm high

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

85-Bird-Lets-Out-Fart-Most-Fowl

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

That is one magnificent cock.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

RIght, I think I finally understood almost everything that's going on in K6BD.

I just have a questions: the Throns are the omnicidal angels. What are the normal angels objectives? Upholding the Old Law, certainly, but what does that mean, considering that that doesn't include taking care of the criminal organizations in the city?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they are more like peacekeepers than policemen, i think

that's why universal war hosed them up so bad

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

The Old Law is the law the gods built into them, which is sort of not applicable in a world where all the gods are dead. Hence why they spent eons on their own just robotically defending the poo poo out of their turf and staring into nothing, until Zoss shook things up and lead to the angels splitting into the divine Taliban fighting the new order, the hedonist mercenary types who embrace it, and the slowly decaying police force of traditionalists.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Dec 16, 2016

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah i think the major fragmentation of the angels occurred during/after universal war, zoss and co forged a new compact with the angels in the period between the storming of heaven and the key scavenger hunt that basically gave them the peacekeeper role that the roots angels still try to follow

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Well I mean we know exactly where the Thorns come from (Metatron being pissed about Zoss), and the Petals don't really seem like a coherent order with a real history so much as assorted dropout angels who'd rather gently caress around than enforce any law New or Old, so

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

paradoxGentleman posted:

Upholding the Old Law, certainly, but what does that mean, considering that that doesn't include taking care of the criminal organizations in the city?

Yes it does. It also includes regulations about which drugs are legal or not, and how they legal drugs should be stored.
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-2-27/

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Avshalom posted:

gently caress i'm high

I need to get some of whatever the gently caress you're on

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Cat Mattress posted:

Yes it does. It also includes regulations about which drugs are legal or not, and how they legal drugs should be stored.
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/ksbd-2-27/

Yeah, I think the Old Law does require action against the guilds and crime syndicates -- it's just that they're so entrenched, and the Concordance of Angels is so divided and limited in angelpower, that "rooting out the criminals as the Old Law commands" is impossible without substantially more resources than are available to White Chain.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Which speaks to the enormity of the problem, because aside from weirdo gods and kings, angels are the best at violence.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
I'd think that enforcing more regular societal laws was probably part of the Compact made with men when they started forging new armor for the angels.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib
One of the difficulties the traditionalists face is that no new angel armour has been created for something like 300 years. Any of them that die are stuck in the void unless they get involved with the thorns.

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

paradoxGentleman posted:

RIght, I think I finally understood almost everything that's going on in K6BD.

This is not Royalty.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Well I mean we know exactly where the Thorns come from (Metatron being pissed about Zoss), and the Petals don't really seem like a coherent order with a real history so much as assorted dropout angels who'd rather gently caress around than enforce any law New or Old, so

I dunno it seemed at first like the main deal with thrones was they hosed themselves up by making their own armor before we learned nope they've got a proper ideology. Then the one petal we've scene apparently felt "long live the new flesh" was important enough to shout right before dying so I'm not sure we won't later find out there's more to the petals than what we've been told.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

reignonyourparade posted:

I dunno it seemed at first like the main deal with thrones was they hosed themselves up by making their own armor before we learned nope they've got a proper ideology. Then the one petal we've scene apparently felt "long live the new flesh" was important enough to shout right before dying so I'm not sure we won't later find out there's more to the petals than what we've been told.

I think she just really fuckin loved Videodrome, and really, who doesn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

Maya/Meti side story :hellyeah: