Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I will say I think this is the one place where I wish CR took some stuff from the Invincible Trio translation because Okuyasu's line about his dream has always felt really plain in every other translation

"'S hosed up, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Requesting a webbum of Za Hando erasing the bubble, that was a wonderful bit of animation

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It sucks for Kira that all his unstoppable stands get hard countered by the Duwang gang.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
How will our brave hero, Kira, get out of this most desperate of pinches?? Tune in next week to find out!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I got unreasonably hyped when the color swap happened and we got True Kira.

Sick pranks for all you dudesters out there: prank call that smelly old man you hate so he murders his own dad!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They went with the second to final DiU colour scheme for it (which is what the true Kira scheme is anyway).

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Purple Suit Kosaku with gray brushed hair is fantastic and I'm glad it made its way into the anime at least once.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There were some pose shots in this ep that felt like they were practically traced out of the manga.

Not that I'm complaining, of course.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They went with the second to final DiU colour scheme for it (which is what the true Kira scheme is anyway).

Look at that unruly teen punch that upstanding business man in the dick.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Purple Suit Kosaku with gray brushed hair is fantastic and I'm glad it made its way into the anime at least once.

I'm still pretty sad that the person who sent me the Kira SAS I bought sent me the white one because they listed it in error (or so they say, it was inexplicably £40 quid cheaper than the other listings). I got some money back to make it a fair price but I want that purple Kira so bad and it's gone up by another £40 on the old average price since October :smith:

The white Kira (same colours as regular anime Kosaku) I have is still good though.

Graceful Graveler
May 18, 2009
Good god, this episode was so loving good it makes me even sadder that it's almost over.

I can't help thinking that was a really interesting place to end it on. Usually, the cliffhangers happen when the heroes are in a pinch, but in this case, it's Kira who clearly appears to be ultrafucked.

So, uh, cliffhanger working as intended, actually. Never mind all that.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Okuyasu!!!
The voice of love is taking me so high right now!

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Augus posted:

Okuyasu!!!
The voice of love is taking me so high right now!

https://youtu.be/FJbmB9k2Y88

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Okuyasu is the best BroJo. He's too powerful to die.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

He's too stupid to die, rather.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Zeppeli, Zeppeli and Kakyoin shed a tear, no more do BroJos have to die.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
shigechi was the brojo all along

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Someone please make a video of the panty creep exploding followed by the duwang gang reacting to Fatty's death.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's pretty quiet but they kept Killer Queen's WRRRYEAH too. Which is basically the only stand cry it ever has. (after the punch when his head cracks)
Good David.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
There's a really good write-up to be had about the communal themes in Part 4 and how well Kira getting his poo poo wrecked from all sides caps off that theme.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

OH HELLO

also check out my holiday gift from a friend

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
looks like kira's havin a BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

spit on my clit posted:

looks like kira's havin a BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN

*brass section intensifies*

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Before anyone who knows that the next part is called Vento Aureo/Golden Wind gets excited and thinks the next episode name confirms Part 5, it's just what the final chapter of Diamond is Unbreakable is called so it doesn't confirm it so there's no hype to be had there.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

There's like, no way they don't adapt it though

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'd be the most surprising thing ever if they didn't, especially as the Japanese love it dearly, but getting hyped over something unconfirmed is the road to heartbreak.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I hope they do a Marvel films-style "JOJO WILL RETURN" at the end of next week's episode

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nothing I've seen of Part 5 gets anywhere near this hype, also, though it's a high bar.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All they gotta really do is slap a To Be Continued on that thing and it'll be enough.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That reminds me that I can't wait to finally finish Part 5 in 3 years when they're done loving translating it

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

All I know is that I am DYING to see part 7 animated......................I just hope the JOJO Hype train stays intact until then.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They've made a lot of progress on the good version of part 5 this year and there are roughly 40, a bit less maybe, chapters to go and the dude doing it posts here you meanie!!!

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Arist posted:

Nothing I've seen of Part 5 gets anywhere near this hype, also, though it's a high bar.

I dunno, I'm hype because I got spoiled on Dio's son.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The only good part of Part 5 is the penultimate fight. Even the final fight is trash. There's a good meme in the first couple of chapters though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

CJ posted:

The only good part of Part 5 is the penultimate fight. Even the final fight is trash. There's a good meme in the first couple of chapters though.

part 5 has a couple fights that are some of the best in the series so your red title still holds true here

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Johnny Joestar posted:

part 5 has a couple fights that are some of the best in the series so your red title still holds true here

Name one. The one i named is the only one that is outstanding.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

To put CJ's contrarianism into perspective, the vast majority of people who dislike Part 5 concede that there are a bunch of fights that are supremely good. Much more than "the penultimate one".

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

They've made a lot of progress on the good version of part 5 this year and there are roughly 40, a bit less maybe, chapters to go and the dude doing it posts here you meanie!!!

Don't mind me, I'm just an incredibly petty human being, lol

Probably the only reason I even care so much is because DiU is still airing so I keep getting reminded to check every week or two

CJ posted:

From what I've seen, I really like Grateful Dead

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i replied in the manga thread. and yeah, i'm not a fan of how part 5 is constructed compared to part 4 (which isn't saying a huge amount since 4 is tight as hell) but there's multiple fights that are top-tier jojo. i would look forward to a part 5 anime at least for those fights alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

CJ posted:

White Album and Grateful Dead to name two.

• Locked thread