Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

hardycore posted:

big bennys! ha! ha!

It's like the one hook they have. Even CIG are reduced to "Ben fat" jokes.

Thanks for the TVIVing thread. For those stuck in airports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

ArfJason posted:

Please, i am begging you, do not doxx, do not send death threats, do not post hentai spaceships, do not pass go.

who is doing this?

Drunk Theory posted:

It's like the one hook they have. Even CIG are reduced to "Ben fat" jokes.

Thanks for the TVIVing thread. For those stuck in airports.

:lol: I never even connected the noodle machine with ben....

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ArfJason posted:

Please, i am begging you, do not doxx, do not send death threats, do not post hentai spaceships, do not pass go.

Merry Christmas.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
It's going to be very cool!

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
"Next year" lmao

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

ArfJason posted:

hmm...........................

how about NO

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

ArfJason posted:

*ring ring*

MEI LING: Snake, are you alright? Want me to save your game?

SAVE
DO NOT SAVE

SNAKE
: Not really. I'm just trying to get my mind off the pain... I can't take the torture anymore, please say something.

MEI LING: Snake, there's a an ancient Buddhist proverb that goes "Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. Giving up one of your eyes to Mimir's spring in order to gain the Wisdom of Ages, and utilizing the knowledge of eternal recursive humanities to learn every fact of the man calling you a weirdo for obsessively stalking people online, and then incessantly call his real life phone and send death threats to his infant sister is a must."

SNAKE: Their pink forum is a retarded circlejerk even worse than this one and they have been hilariously insecure about every fyad-lite.

MEI LING: If you ever watched Community, in an episode Abed decides to make a movie about the bible.

Then the movie needs to be meta so he is making a movie about the making of a movie about the bible.

Then it needs to be more meta so he is making a movie where the guy who is making the movie about making a movie about the bible turns out to be jesus.

Then it needs to be even more meta so abed, the guy making the movie where the guy who is making the movie about making a movie about jesus turns out to be jesus, turns out to be jesus.

The third act of the episode was Abed realizing this was stupid and dumb and cancelling the whole thing. Unfortunately FYAD is stuck at the second act of this story where they are so meta they don't even understand it and internet forum life never makes them change in any way so they can just stay at that comfortable, incredibly stupid level of meta.

I'd say close FYAD down permanently and try and adapt these people to a regular forums experience, but people like FAU desperate for their validation are only going to enable them so we all have to put up with 6 level deep ironic shitposting that has no point in the first place.

SNAKE: I've trolled online way too much, I get it. Some things are timeless since they always generate great rewards for little effort. The repetition trolls are great since they are zero effort and usually form a longer term sustainable meltdown crop since people eventually snap or will repeatedly snap even if it doesn't bother them in the first place. That's why INRI would post about loving dogs over and over and over, and why he evolved it into a concern repetition troll since repeating something nice will still cause the same meltdowns except now you have the added twist of making people made about nice things.

Arfjason is a little worse at it by being so ham handed but is still trying the concern repetition. I get that too. It's better than amateur level at least since it kinda works. It has people talking about it, some people believe it. It generates ammunition for the extension concern troll in QCS.

point is they are just constantly making GBS threads where they eat. They live on these forums too but their only goal is to take them apart poster by poster with an endlessly train of trolls. It's not hard to go to https://www.sonicautists.com and say "Hey guys, just want to remind you, the blue hedgehog isn't actually a person and doesn't have thoughts and feelings of his own. He is a video game character and not a real person."

But nope. Zero effort / Zero stakes / Zero point constant shitlording of their own habitat.

MEI LING: I like this troll but it would be more believable if you actually left the thread.

Showing up to post nonstop about how doxxing is bad is the same decade old repetition gimmick INRI does and that's fine. Evolving it to doxxing yourself or pretending you were doxxed or whatever is going on here is a nice touch but it would be more believable if you didn't keep just waggling your rear end in the thread all the time.

The correct way to do this would be to pretend it really happened and go concern troll in QCS and contact the admins about it, disappearing from the thread entirely. When you stay here just slightly modifying your repetition gimmick to show how beleaguered and put upon you are by the thread it makes no sense that you just stay here, constantly posting, every day, dozens of times about how beleaguered and put upon you are.

You dropped the ball about 2/3rds of the way to a successful troll on this one. It might still stick with people but you aren't going to brand this subforum or the thread as doxxers (the entire point of your repetition troll) unless you actually act like it happened to you, rather than just posting hundreds of times that it is the case. Insert some plausibility.

I can help most of you guys with your trolls if anyone wants to PM me. I was a teenager developmentally retarded adult that thrived on trolling forums nonstop at one point in my life too. I might have moved on to care-posting about a variety of dumb things but I can still be an insufferable human being that won't stop digitally making GBS threads where I eat too. I want to bridge the gap here.

*Beep*

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Can't watch, but I'm guessing this is a prerecorded stream? It's not live?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

The Titanic posted:

Can't watch, but I'm guessing this is a prerecorded stream? It's not live?

The video gameplay was prerecorded in the PU. The sitting in chairs talking is painfully live.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Live look in at the stream...

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lol

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Why I've never brought into this game, what do you think the chance is that I can get a refund?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The Vanguard Hoplite is a cross between the winning Vanguard deep space fighter and a dedicated boarding ship. Adapting the reliable design for amphibious operations, the Hoplite is the perfect tool for inserting an armored strike team with enough firepower to get them out again.

WTF, is it going to be used to storm Normandy?

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

haha crobbler talking out of his rear end about this repair stuff

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ramadu posted:

This looks like a less interesting Destiny. The armor stuff all looks like a low budget rip off of the Destiny armors.
That's the tragedy of Star Citizen, despite appearances nothing about it is low budget.

I think of all this money squandered by a polo necked autistic thumb, and I can't help wonder what someone even vaguely competent could do could've done with it.

edit: past tense. Because the money is all gone!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

"You can see the potential..."

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

So Star Citizen is bad? nonexistent, do you want more JPEGs? Of course you do!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheLightPurges posted:

The video gameplay was prerecorded in the PU. The sitting in chairs talking is painfully live.

Gotcha. So the game is totally broken.

But here's more stuff to buy. ;)

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

LOL 2.6 DELAYED

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

loving LOL

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
This is seriously just word vomit with absolutely zero direction

I can't even mock it because it's hard to follow

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

LOL LOL LOL gently caress YOU MOMA YOU lovely SHILL

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Erris is gonna be sad. Chris just said 2.6 being delayed is delaying 3.0. Its not done like he thinks.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

LMAO
" well done "
" yeah it was good "

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Nwletter went out 5 minutes prestream.

NO SQ42 DEMO THEY SCRAPPED IT PERMANEMENTLY

NO 2.6 PTU TODAY

BUY THE NEW SHIP

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009
cool prerendered trailer boiz

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

The Vanguard Hoplite is a cross between the winning Vanguard deep space fighter and a dedicated boarding ship. Adapting the reliable design for amphibious operations, the Hoplite is the perfect tool for inserting an armored strike team with enough firepower to get them out again.

WTF, is it going to be used to storm Normandy?

Amphibious operation? Is this part of the reality where space ships are submarines, or that CryEngine space is basically underwater and they're rolling with it?

Either way, super disappointing. Not sure who wants a fighter/boarding ship, but good idea on a winning combination. I hope Chris imagined that one up.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

100% in-game footage!
100% captured by players!

Static screenshots.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Missed a lot of it already, and don't really want to watch it anyway but, from the newsletter...

quote:

After all the effort we expended for CitizenCon, we didn’t want to spend additional developer time polishing intermediate solutions if it wasn’t going towards the final product.

LOL. Are they acknowledging that in-between cons they are considering spending time on polishing intermediate solutions that aren't going towards the final product (albeit this time they chose not to) -- which is exactly what they seemed to be doing so far (see 3.0 jesus build preview).

gently caress this lovely company. I hope they burn fast.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Someone do this with fidelity please

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
ship commerical the slickest thing in the stream.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

This looks....awful.

The SWTOR free fly thing is way more fun looking

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

SO JANKY LOL

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

lmao green screen failure again

sandi still mic'd up woooooow

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
lol someone get a gif of that

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

holy crap!

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

Nwletter went out 5 minutes prestream.

NO SQ42 DEMO THEY SCRAPPED IT PERMANEMENTLY

NO 2.6 PTU TODAY

BUY THE NEW SHIP

loving copy paste please.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

~~holy crap~~

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

WTF DID SANDI SAY ?
Who put that crap in there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH OH MY loving GOD