Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
if dildos are outlawed, only outlaws will have dildos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Volkerball posted:

he has really lovely opinions about far cry too

edit: i thought ddraig or w/e made the weird post. i was gonna make oh "oh wait did you mean trump" joke after this one but that would be kind of pointless since it wasn't actually ddraig or w/e who made the original post and this is really going nowhere.

Far Cry 2 is the best. 3 and 4 are loving terrible.

I also don't want to bang Trump's daughter, because having a jealous lover after you can be a bad thing, especially when he's the POTUS.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Rush Limbo posted:

Far Cry 2 is the best.

:hfive:

So many good details. Like the second area has a ton more white enemies because more foreign fighters are being hired in the escalation.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Volkerball posted:

This seems like a good page to have skipped ahead to

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Rush Limbo posted:

Far Cry 2 is the best. 3 and 4 are loving terrible.

I also don't want to bang Trump's daughter, because having a jealous lover after you can be a bad thing, especially when he's the POTUS.

Crysis is the true sequel to FC1

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

icantfindaname posted:

Crysis is the true sequel to FC1

I don't disagree. However, out of all the games to bear the Far Cry name, Far Cry 2 is the best, followed by Blood Dragon. That one with the superpowers was pretty good, too.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Volkerball posted:

The only thing that can stop an outlaw with a dildo is a good person with a bigger dildo.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Majorian posted:

The only thing that can stop an outlaw with a dildo is a good person with a bigger dildo.

Clearly the answer to this dildo escalation is to create a permit system to control the dildos filling our back alleys.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
with the advent of the nuclear double-sided dildo peace has come through the doctrine of mutual rear end destruction

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
*Charleton Heston, clenching his jaw defiantly, holds a dildo aloft*

"From my cold, dead cheeks."

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

a photo of an open carried assault dildo

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

R. Mute posted:

i listened to it, adam curtis is real interesting but these chapo boys are kinda annoying as poo poo

matt's voice is really annoying

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

coincidentally he's also the most annoying-looking one

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
the dale earnhardt joke at the beginning of the post-election ep is perfect tho

https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/episode-58-we-live-in-the-zone-now-111216

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

merry exmarx posted:

the dale earnhardt joke at the beginning of the post-election ep is perfect tho

https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/episode-58-we-live-in-the-zone-now-111216
jowza

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
chapo is cool and good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
one cat, one vote, one beer

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/History_Pics/status/570264455361245185

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

didnt know you were 16

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I enjoyed the last couple months of free Chapo podcasts (I haven't heard the older ones or the premium ones)

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

pangstrom posted:

I enjoyed the last couple months of free Chapo podcasts (I haven't heard the older ones or the premium ones)

the third ep is where they start to hit their stride, it's about ross douthat skinny-dipping with william f. buckley

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaOK3qoQKik
:laffo:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
blood dragon is the only good far cry, because it acknowledges trying to glue a stupid 'meaningful' plot to a first person shooter is almost always a bad idea

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Volkerball posted:

i strapped c4 to an elephant and detonated him inside a fort while he was going on a giant gently caress off elephant rampage, killing 3 men. absolutely nothing about that is mediocre.

Mad rude to the elephant.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

boner confessor posted:

blood dragon is the only good far cry, because it acknowledges trying to glue a stupid 'meaningful' plot to a first person shooter is almost always a bad idea

Also because it embraces the 80s and synthwave.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Mad rude to the elephant.
*in alt-right voice* he's just a latent democrat

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
alright. i've got a dildo here....and i'm prepared to use it. hands up! HANDS UP OR EVERYONE GETS DILDOED! I'LL DILDO EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Volkerball posted:

alright. i've got a dildo here....and i'm prepared to use it. hands up! HANDS UP OR EVERYONE GETS DILDOED! I'LL DILDO EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU

:sureboat:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I realised Far Cry 2 was a good game when, using the same logic process as an actual terrorist, I independently came to use the same strategy they used.

The problem being when taking out a convoy with explosives, placing the explosive then retreating to a safe distance often meant you would misjudge where the explosion would go off, particularly on a flat plain with no obvious point of reference.

So I solved this problem by setting up a roadblock with a lovely car that would have the effect of blocking off the road and providing a reference point for when to trigger the explosive. When they're near the car, they're near the explosive.

I was then watching Generation Kill or something then saw them getting incredibly nervous whenever they encountered an abandoned vehicle, for that exact reason.

So Far Cry 2 is kind of an effective Guerilla training programme.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rush Limbo posted:

I realised Far Cry 2 was a good game when, using the same logic process as an actual terrorist, I independently came to use the same strategy they used.

The problem being when taking out a convoy with explosives, placing the explosive then retreating to a safe distance often meant you would misjudge where the explosion would go off, particularly on a flat plain with no obvious point of reference.

So I solved this problem by setting up a roadblock with a lovely car that would have the effect of blocking off the road and providing a reference point for when to trigger the explosive. When they're near the car, they're near the explosive.

I was then watching Generation Kill or something then saw them getting incredibly nervous whenever they encountered an abandoned vehicle, for that exact reason.

So Far Cry 2 is kind of an effective Guerilla training programme.

Not really, because those are bitchmade first gen terrorist tactics. I'd use a tree I picked out or put something inconspicuous on the ground as the trigger point. Something you wouldn't even notice unless you drove down that same road every day for months.

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Volkerball posted:

i've already stockpiled mine in case the feds make a grab for them

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
far cry 2 was bad because it introduced factions of african revolutionaries but then completely failed to give them any sort of meaningful distinction in gameplay, meaning the factions were just pointless window dressing around generic quest givers. also the frequency of enemy vehicle encounters was just to pad out the game and make it take longer to go between objectives - at least far cry 3 allowed you to shut them down as you captured outposts

the far cry series can never decide if it wants to be a linear plot driven grimdark shooter with a message or a casual open world exploration game, and it doesn't do either as well as competitors

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Rodatose posted:

i've already stockpiled mine in case the feds make a grab for them

I don't think Trump's tiny hands can fit around most dildos.:laugh:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

far cry 2 was bad because it introduced factions of african revolutionaries but then completely failed to give them any sort of meaningful distinction in gameplay, meaning the factions were just pointless window dressing around generic quest givers. also the frequency of enemy vehicle encounters was just to pad out the game and make it take longer to go between objectives - at least far cry 3 allowed you to shut them down as you captured outposts

the far cry series can never decide if it wants to be a linear plot driven grimdark shooter with a message or a casual open world exploration game, and it doesn't do either as well as competitors

it's an open world gently caress around and be a toddler game, like gta when you don't do the missions.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Volkerball posted:

it's an open world gently caress around and be a toddler game, like gta when you don't do the missions.

"you got your call of duty in my just cause" "no, you got your just cause in my call of duty!"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

boner confessor posted:

The factions being indistinguishable is thematic and on purpose. They're just warlords fighting over dirt and don't even bother paying lip service to their supposed ideals to you. You can't even tell who you're fighting in the field or keep track of who you're working for and every mission is just to senselessly destroy things. Every thing is constantly getting worse or falling apart from your guns to your health as you try to keep the malaria at bay.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

boner confessor posted:

"you got your call of duty in my just cause" "no, you got your just cause in my call of duty!"

you cared deeply about gamergate, i wouldn't expect you to have a normal, functional adult approach to a video game.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

pangstrom posted:

i didn't know they have premium eps, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The factions being indistinguishable is thematic and on purpose. They're just warlords fighting over dirt and don't even bother paying lip service to their supposed ideals to you. You can't even tell who you're fighting in the field or keep track of who you're working for and every mission is just to senselessly destroy things.

yeah i'm sure the lazy characterization and lack of any sort of identifying signal between factions is a deliberate choice and not a retroactive justification for cutting corners. i mean far cry 3 just put all the bad guys in red shirts and all the good guys in blue shirts. or better yet, just have one faction, then you don't end up with the absurdly jarring situation where you shoot up faction A and kill their guys, then immediately go to the faction A leader and promise to be nice to get another go somewhere and kill guys mission, then the mission after that you're killing faction A again etc.

• Locked thread