Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

They have a list that I forgot to paste in so I edited the post to include it. The short version is this: 150 Seals of Bravery for a weapon feather/essence, 40 Seals for an armor feather/essence, 50 Seals for a legendary shard.

Are they still random? Even if so that's way better than the old 250 for a single random orange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Bakalakadaka posted:

Are they still random? Even if so that's way better than the old 250 for a single random orange.
You can choose the exact type of mat you need, e.g. "Regina's Feather: Chest Armor." The stats are rolled when you buy the mat so you don't know precisely what bonuses you'll get, if that's what you mean.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

You can choose the exact type of mat you need, e.g. "Regina's Feather: Chest Armor." The stats are rolled when you buy the mat so you don't know precisely what bonuses you'll get, if that's what you mean.

It was the first one, whether we get to pick which boss/shard type.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I didn't have enough Seals of Bravery to make an all-orange weapon but that's okay.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Update day. The Gold Chieftain event is over. I found zero letters. The Anniversary candy event is over. I got a lot of candy that I never wanted. The All or Nothing Enhancement event is over again. Halloween is still going and I'm working on it on all of my characters. It got a bit faster when I realized running easy missions that contain lots of bosses and erg pots will get you Spirits more quickly than raiding will.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

November events are here. They're pretty tame.

quote:

Winter's almost here and with the massive changes to the Seal of Bravery shop, it's time to get prepared for the horrors to come with a trio of events to get your gear and crafting expertise up to par! Get bonus Evil Cores, 2x Expertise EXP and twice as many Seals of Bravery from Season 2 and Niflheim for the next two weeks with the November Chill Events!
Short version: More drops, more seals, more exp gain from expertise crafting. Longer version: Chance of an extra drop per boss, double seals from S2 and Niflheim raids, double exp from expertise crafting and it takes half the time.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 10, 2016

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://twitter.com/Vindictus/status/798359996492906500/photo/1

Oh boy I'm going to enjoy wrecking all of the orange gear I made after the seal shop update

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The return of the enchant shop is officially announced. Also, two other things.

quote:

Enter the Abyssal Arena

The Ein Lacher Challenge brought you face to face with a single boss and gave you a simple task: Win as cleanly as you can, win with absolute perfection, and win without suffering a even a scratch for the best possible rewards. The Abyssal Arena is a far different obstacle, and if you play it safe, you won't get anywhere.

The new Abyssal Arena battle quest takes you to a small arena, where wave after wave of foes will test your ability to kill in the blink of an eye. Upon entering the Arena, you'll have 12 minutes to fight. Defeat all the monsters, and a new wave of enemies will appear, culminating in a powerful boss from Vindictus' past.

Defeat the boss to clear each level of the Arena, sending you down to the next level with 2 minutes added to the clock. Each boss you slay will grant you a new cache of AP, each new level will give you a new set of foes to dispatch, and if you can slay the champion of the Arena before time expires, there's a bounty of Seals of Bravery for you to claim. Just don't entirely forget about defense: Your HP, SP, Stamina and Armor Damage will not reset between each level, and sheer attrition can wear down even the mightiest warrior.
The devs sure are eager to come up with things that people can do when there are no boats up. I wonder why that is.

quote:

Multiple Character Improvements

Throughout 2015 and 2016, we've been going back to our array of Mercenaries and giving them tune ups, shoring up their weak spots and giving them some new powers. With the Abyssal Arena update, it's time for Arisha and Lynn to get some tweaks to their key abilities, as well as one big attack for the little lady with the lance.

Lynn finally receives her Ultimate ability, the Flight of the Valkyries, a blistering series of attacks to utterly devastate any foe that gets on Lynn's bad side. Arisha's new ability isn't as flashy, but it's no less useful. MP Swap grants the Spell-swordsman the ability to drain banked up SP for Mana, letting her unleash her Mana Blade offensive for even longer than before.

Those aren't the only changes to come to the Mercenaries either. Lynn's Five Finger Death attack will become smoother to use and Delia and Sylas will receive their own share of tweaks. On top of that, we have a bevy of bug fixes and other improvements planned, so keep your eyes peeled for the full list of changes to come!
It's about time Lynn got a proper ultimate skill. I doubt it will make up for the Golden Arm nerf. Looking forward to seeing what they do with Delia even though I feel she's decently balanced as is. I hope they finally fix the chain Vella bug that randomly eats combos. Why give us a skill to let us keep our combo going after dodging if it doesn't work literally half of the time? :argh:

quote:

Enchant Exchange Shop Returns

The Enchant Exchange Shop is returning for another month, come November 23rd! Just as before, the Enchant Exchange Shop will allow you to obtain Ancient Coins by completing certain Raid Battles and take them to the Exchange Shop to purchase the exact Enchant Scroll you want. You'll only have a month to get your hands on the scrolls you need, so get ready to go raiding!
Only a month. That's enough time to get maybe two good scrolls per character. Yay?

Not included in this update: Story content.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Update day is here and there's even more going on than previously indicated.

Enter the Abyssal Arena (if you know what I mean):

quote:

Welcome to the Abyssal Arena update! The new battlefield might be the biggest features present, but with two new abilities to learn, new expansions on the Item Composition system, numerous new events and sales and dozens of other changes before you, there's plenty here to delve into, so take a look at it all below!
The blurb about the Arena hasn't changed so I won't repeat it.

quote:

Lynn finally receives her Ultimate ability, the Flight of the Valkyries, a blistering series of attacks to utterly devastate any foe that gets on Lynn's bad side. Just as with the Ultimate attacks for other characters, her target is stunned for the duration of the assault, with a long cooldown and hefty SP cost required to activate it.
It's about time.

I wonder if it can/should be used while other people are using their ults. Being able to do that is what I like most about Delia's ultimate.

quote:

New Arisha Ability: MP Swap

Arisha gains the ability to convert her SP into Mana with her Mana Drain ability. Arisha will drain 250 SP in exchange for 100 Mana, helping her power up for another round of Mana Blade attacks.
Drains 1/5 of your SP bar. Restores 1/5 of the MP bar. There's something that confuses me, though. Under "effects," it says 'Gain "Mana Instability" debuff when used for 25 seconds, preventing Arisha from using MP Swap until it expires'. It then says '20 Minute Cooldown, reset at the start of each Battle Quest'. So which is it? Are you prohibited from using it for 25 seconds or 20 minutes? This is important, you know. It means the difference between the skill being good and the skill being situational.

quote:

Material Synthesis

Once you get your Season 3 equipment loaded up with Legendary Shards and Essence, it can be hard to find improvements, even if your equipment is still not quite as powerful as it could be. Material Synthesis is your solution to getting past the RNG and directly upgrading each component of your Equipment!

Head to Dianann in Rocheste and with her new Material Synthesis, equip an item with a Rare-Quality Composite Material. Select the Material and a stat to boost to see the costs required. The cost to improve the material can be steep, but the selected stat will always increase to the noted amount with zero chance of failure. You can even change the Special Effects on some Essence materials!
I like the sound of this. Since it requires the same materials as swapping in new essences/shards, it's like improving orange mats with slightly better orange mats except you don't need the oranges themselves. Well, almost. There's one caveat. Remember how Dianann can dismantle shards and essences to make Legendary Shard Remnants? The thing no one does because legendary shard pouches almost always give garbage? Well...

quote:

Dismantle Material

If you've done enough Season 3 Raids, you no doubt have plenty of Shards and Essence that you no longer need. Now, you'll have a use for all those items, by converting them to Fragments. Dianann can now take your unwanted and unused Composite Materials and break them down into Legendary Shard Remnants, which can be exchanged for Legendary Shard Pouches at 5 per pouch, and Sealed or Inherited Power Fragments, which are used in Material Synthesis to further upgrade your equipment.
Yep, time to start dismantling those blue shards and essences again. You need either Sealed or Inherited fragments to do Material Synthesis.

quote:

Battle Quest Attack Caps

Many Battle Quests throughout Vindictus have a cap on the maximum amount of ATT or M.ATT a participating Mercenary can have, with over-equipped characters seeing their ATT and M.ATT lowered if they exceed that cap. While this has been present in Vindictus for a long time, we have added that information to the Battle Quest's info, to better explain why your power in earlier dungeons may feel depressed.

That being said, given their greater difficulty and other strict restrictions, we have removed the Attack Cap for all Niflheim encounters! You will now be able to face these intense, difficult battles at your full power!
Attack caps were one of Vindictus's worst-kept secrets but now they're not a secret and I'm looking forward to knowing how much I should gear I should remove for a battle.

quote:

Equipment Favorites

Inventories can get cluttered, and losing track of where your favorite dress or broadsword is can be a frustrating experience. We've added in a "Favorites" inventory option, allowing you to mark up to 12 items that will always appear below the inventory screen, allowing you to inspect them, upgrade them, equip and dequip them all without having to go hunting in your storage chest for where you left it.
I just tried this on my Lynn. The Favorites bar has enough room for all of my armor and all but one of my accessories. Not as useful as they imply. I think it might work better as a place to put buyable consumables so I can keep an eye on quantities no matter what storage chest they're in. Then I can dedicate my entire first chest to drops and other stuff I want to sell.

quote:

Rank 7 Enchants in Season 3

We've also gone back to the loot tables for the Season 3 Raid Bosses and added in the most powerful Enchant scrolls, making sure to reward those Enchant Scrolls at the same rate as with the Season 2 bosses. This will allow you to work on gearing up with the best equipment available, without giving up your chance at claiming powerful and rare enchants.
loving FINALLY

There are a bunch of fixes at the end of the page. You guys should check it out yourselves because wow, there are a lot of bug fixes. Here are the highlights:
Arisha: A bunch of moves now give tiny amounts of SP
Delia: Zenith is better. Wild Star is better. Countering with Full Moon is better.
Fiona: Fixed an exploit involving skills that give extra attacks at high ranks
Hurk: Fixed an exploit involving consecutive uses of Ultimatum
Kai: Fixed a few serious bugs
Karok: Fixed several serious bugs
Vella: Nothing about fixing Biting Cold so who cares
Other:
- The game will now warn you if you try to start a battle without a weapon equipped
- Malina boats finally have an NPC shop in them
- :shittypop: Only half of the people in a raid need to press Esc to skip a cutscene :shittypop:
- :frogsiren: Easy mode has been removed from Season 2 :frogsiren:

"People don't want to do Niflheim because it's the third-worst thing ever. How can we fix this?"

quote:

The Abyssal Arena might be the headline, but there's plenty of fun events to serve you for the next month! Return to Niflheim for better rewards, earn Ancient Coins for the Enchant Scroll you want and more! Seven events for your consideration come with the Abyssal Arena update, check them all out below!

Niflheim Bracelet Event

It's time to head back to Niflheim and get those Bracelets fully empowered! Take down Niflheim bosses and claim coupons that you can use to trade in for a variety of rewards, including boxes with Diamond, Sapphire, Ruby or Emeralds guaranteed!
Some of these rewards are really good. Getting the gem you want is obviously great. On the other hand, there are coupons (all time-limited) and the only rune is the skill awakening rune. Probably shouldn't complain about that rune being offered, considering my luck with skill awakenings.

quote:

Gallagher's Golden Winter Dice Game

Gallagher's special board game has returned once again, with new prizes scattered across the game board! Every half an hour you're online, you'll receive a Gallagher's Die, which can be used for a roll on the brand new game board!

Rolling a dice will send Gallagher up to six spots along the board. Each spot you land on, save for the starting location, contains a Golden Winter Coupon Box, each of which contains up to three Golden Winter Coupons. Complete a circuit around the board and earn three Goddess Graces, and take the coupons to the Exchange Shop to claim your prizes!

Gallagher's Die Attendance Event

You can also earn Gallagher's Dice, Golden Winter Coupons and more during our month long attendance event! Log in every day for prizes and keep on playing to claim more and more Gallagher's Dice!
The dice event is a bit better this time around since moving around the board gets you coupons instead of terrible consumables. You can trade the coupons in for bear ears, fox ears, the bunny ear headband, and other things. Also available: the rare and coveted custom title coupon.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Nov 23, 2016

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I went on vacation and it turns out they brought back the Broken Essence event while I was gone.

quote:

Dark tidings are on the horizon, and you're going to need the best gear available to take it on. As we approach Vindictus' next story update, we're bringing back the Broken Essence Event to give you a better shot at getting your Innocent Cry or Innocent Tear accessories.

In addition to Eochaid's Essence, defeating the beast Eochaid has a chance to drop Eochaid's Broken Essence. Collect five of them and take them to the Exchange Shop to claim Eochaid's Essence, needed to craft the Innocent Tear and Innocent Cry items!
Since we can buy orange Smooth Shards in the seal shop, it's even more worthwhile to do the event this time around.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

S3E6 is coming next week and so am I:

quote:

Our final update for 2016 is nearly here and the dark forces arrayed against you have grown more powerful, more deadly and somehow even more bizarre. Join us for the next chapter in Vindictus' epic tale and face down a true abomination with the Blight of the Unseen update!

New Episode: Blight of the Unseen

Next week's update brings out the next episode in Season 3, Chapter 2. In Blight of the Unseen, uncover Berbhe, a small town hidden deep beneath the battlefields of Lochlann. The inhabitants seem friendly enough, but to have survived for so long in the middle of Fomor territory, there's no telling what secrets they might have...

Berbhe serves as the newest town in Vindictus, featuring new characters, new stories to learn and hosting a battle board to give you access to the Season 3 battle quests. This new episode's story revolves around the inhabitants of Berbhe as you defend them from the threats underground across 8 new battle quests, each featuring a new boss to crush.

But not everything is so easy, for behind the dark forces and powerful creatures that seek Berbhe's destruction, a far more monstrous foe lies in wait...

New Raid Boss: The Abomination

The Abomination of Berbhe is like nothing you've fought before. A grotesque, towering horror, resembling a cross between human and insect scaled up a hundredfold, it has no grand plan, no sinister machinations, no mighty goals to aspire to. It exists for one reason alone: To destroy and consume.

The Abomination's massive size and nigh-impenetrable skin make it a force to be reckoned with. While its attacks are clumsy at best, facing a foe with a fifty meter wingspan leaves few safe places... and speaking of wingspan, the Abomination can fly in short bursts, allowing it to reach the high ground and bombard his foes with particularly vile toxins.

Your greatest challenge with the Abomination, however, might be simple attrition. It possesses a powerful shield that nearly negates any blows landed upon it. It is a shield that can only be dispelled by the cacophony of the mighty bell hanging above the arena. Brave the moving and trapped platforms and ascend high with Chain Hooks in order to ring the bell and bring down its shield, or to strike at the beast should it seek refuge there.

Defeating the Abomination will grant you access to a new set of Plate Armor and powerful new weapons, craftable through Dianann's Composite system with the Abomination's Essence that can be obtained by defeating it, or through the Vindicator's Box.
So the real reason the update took so long was that it has a lot of content. A new town, eight new battles, and a new plate armor set. But why do we need another plate armor set? Why can't we get some more level 90 accessories?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

At least it's a cool looking plate set.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Is the new enchants for plate something someone should be working towards or is it too cost intensive to be worth it? In comparison to say enchanted light set

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The rank 7 enchants for plate/heavy are just as good as the light ones. Slightly different stats but they're both good.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Bakalakadaka posted:

The rank 7 enchants for plate/heavy are just as good as the light ones. Slightly different stats but they're both good.

I think on the high end, light/cloth is slightly better but not much

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Christmas events have been announced.

quote:

The Blight of the Unseen Update also brings a set of new events for the end of the year. Take advantage of week long buffs, a new Attendance event full of valuable prizes and a unique prize, and battle against the Fomors with the return of the Christmas Defender Event!

Christmas Defender Event

The Fomors are back for our sack of gifts, and there's only one way to fight them off: With pistol emplacements and snowballs. That's right, the classic Christmas Defender Event has returned!

Join up with a party and head to the Christmas Defender Battle in Hoarfrost Hollow, where you'll set aside your silly swords, bows and magic staves and take up battle Tower Defense style. Use the boxes scattered around the area to pick up one of three randomly generated turrets, each with it's own unique function. Place them along the trench and let them pelt the oncoming monsters with blast after blast.

You can also use Snowballs, gathered around the area, to damage and freeze the Fomors in place. Just be careful: While the Fomors won't go after you, your non-snowball weapons will be useless in this area and the Fomors have one goal, destroying the sack of presents at the end.

Defeat all the waves and receive a 2016 Christmas Coupon. You can get one coupon per day from the Christmas Defense battle, another six coupons by completing all of your Daily Missions for the day and three more by collecting 2016 Gift Box Coupons by destroying objects in any battle quest and trading them into the Exchange Shop. There's plenty of amazing rewards for you in the Christmas Coupon Exchange Shop, including Merc Potions, Knit Caps and a most adorable little buddy, the Santa Bear!
Rewards are the santa bear, new clothing, and merc pots. I wonder if I can finally finish getting those snowball kill titles I discovered years ago.

quote:

Mysterious Power Event

The Strange Traveler has gotten his paws on something new and unique, a necklace of great power, but one that takes time to grow to full power. Every day that you login to Vindictus, the power of the necklace will grow stronger, but if you fail to do so, the power will wane, reducing its potential. Stay with it, and you'll find yourself with a necklace granting nearly 2,000 ATT and more...
2000 ATT is pretty good for weak characters who want to farm seals and get swole on orange 90 gear.

quote:

Golden Time Attendance Event

Since you're going to be logging in anyway to get your maximum Mysterious Power Necklace, why not get something more out of the deal? We're unleashing a massive Attendance and Golden Time Event for the next four weeks, with all-day buffs, powerful boosts for six hours each day and a new prize every day you login!
The last attendance event ended today so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that another is about to start. The notable rewards are:
Day 19: 30x Triumph Medals
Day 20: 1x Max +10 Enhancement Coupon Box
Contains a coupon that allows you to set a single piece of equipment to +8 - +10 with no chance of failure
Day 21: 5x Goibhniu's Enhancement Stone
Day 22: 1x AP 2000 Capsule (Gift)
Day 23: 1x Lubber's Sketchy Quality Coupon
Day 24: 1x Sealed 100% Enchant Scroll
Contains a random high-rank Enchant Scroll with a 100% Enchant Success Rate
Day 25: 1x Restoration 50% Discount Scroll (Gift)
Allows you to restore an item that has been destroyed through Enhance or Enchant as through through the Strange Traveler, but at a 50% discount of AP
Day 26: 1x Exquisite Enchant Rune (Gift)

I'm pretty sure the 50% discount scroll is a new thing. Neat.

quote:

Goodbye 2016, Hello 2017 Event

We're inviting everyone along as we say goodbye and good riddance to 2016 and usher in 2017! All day New Years Eve, fireworks will fire off with every boat departing for battle, and those warriors that stick around to the stroke of midnight will be rewarded with an exclusive title.
If you're online right before New Years, you get a title. It's not complicated.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Ugh I guess I have to actually log in now or some poo poo

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The new raid is severe bullshit. It took a day for something resembling a guide to show up on the official forums and I'm linking to it because it's hugely necessary for anyone who can't figure this poo poo out. Full thread here. The good info is spread out over several posts so I can't be bothered to paste it all.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

New update coming in, I dunno, a week or so?

quote:

In our last update of 2016, you descended into the lost city of Berbhe, learning more about the horrors that turned Lochlann into a corrupted wasteland. With our January update, continue the tale of Vindictus with a new raid, new features and more with the Corruption of the Goddess Update!

New Episode: Corruption of the Goddess

The corruption that poisons the natives of Lochlann and Berbhe, that creates new, powerful creatures every day, shows no sign of stopping. The few citizens of Berbhe have one belief, however: The corruption is not some natural creation, but instead a plague being spread by someone with their own, twisted agenda.

In this latest episode of Vindictus' tale, face off in a brand new Raid battle against a pair of powerful foes: The giant monstrosity Neit and his divine master, Neamhain. Between the massive claws and incredible reach of the monstrosity and the incomparable magics of the winged goddess, this fight will be far more difficult than anything you've faced before.

This battle, the first in the new Squad Battle System, will require more from you than victory through sheer attrition. With the exception of a special Squad HP Potions, no potions can be taken into the battle. Your Goddess Graces cannot be used either and use of Phoenix Feathers is restricted further: Each party member can only be revived three times, and after the first Revive, there is an 8 minute cooldown. Watch your step carefully, know the fights and stay alive.
Hey, remember when Niflheim Hard didn't let you revive? And then they took that out because it was stupid and made people not want to do it?

quote:

Quick Battle Menu

With Battle Quests for all three seasons spread out between four battle boards across multiple locations, finding a party to do battle with is not always the simplest thing imaginable. The new Quick Battle System will streamline this entire process by letting you create and join parties without needing to seek out a Battle Board, or even needing to be in the right town!
It's about time. Running from town to town looking for something to do is a thing that is not fun.

quote:

Emote System

We're also expanding the familiar Emotes, the actions triggered by the F5-F11 keys, by giving you more emotes and control of where to place them! With five new Emotes coming to all players for free, and a baker's dozen more hitting the Supply Depot, you'll get to show off your personality, and outfits, in brand new ways!

All of the above, plus new outfits, improvements to the Repair, Skill Awakening and Mail System, new player-designed hairstyles and a gross of bug fixes and other improvements, is coming with the Corruption of the Goddess update later this month!
Oh boy, more emotes than the handful of stock ones we've had since the beginning of time. We've entered a bold new era. That talk of "improvements to the repair, skill awakening and mail system" bit is too vague to make me feel okay. I hope they don't break the mail again.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I wonder how the emote changes will affect the ballista calls on Lakoria?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Maintenance tomorrow. The new update is coming with the new battles, new emote system, and new quick battle system. There are also new events including (ugh) a bingo event. I think Lord of the Rings Online has the only good Bingo event. Bingo Boffin's a cool hobbit and you wanna hang out with him, you know?

Bakalakadaka posted:

I wonder how the emote changes will affect the ballista calls on Lakoria?
There are three possible changes, each less likely than the last:

1. F10 now sets it off no matter what's in that slot
2. Any emote will set it off no matter even if it's something stupid like /sit
3. You specifically need to set it off using whatever the heck is in F10 now and if you don't have that emote bound to anything then welp

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Wow this patch has a ton of poo poo even beyond the new raid and systems.

Most importantly you can turn off the weapon enhancement glow!

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The standard update stuff that I already kinda sorta posted a few days ago:

quote:

In our last update of 2016, you descended into the lost city of Berbhe, learning more about the horrors that turned Lochlann into a corrupted wasteland. With our January update, continue the tale of Vindictus with a new raid, new features and more with the Corruption of the Goddess Update!

New Episode: Corruption of the Goddess

The corruption that poisons the natives of Lochlann and Berbhe, that creates new, powerful creatures every day, shows no sign of stopping. The few citizens of Berbhe have one belief, however: The corruption is not some natural creation, but instead a plague being spread by someone with their own, twisted agenda.

In this latest episode of Vindictus' tale, face off in a brand new Raid battle against a pair of powerful foes: The giant monstrosity Neit and his divine master, Neamhain. Between the massive claws and incredible reach of the monstrosity and the incomparable magics of the winged goddess, this fight will be far more difficult than anything you've faced before.

Redeemers Battle

The fight against Neit and Neamhain is the first in the all-new Redeemers Battle system, a high-end, high-difficulty battle mode. With the exception of special Redeemers HP Potions, of which you can bring only 15 into each battle, no potions can be taken in. Your Goddess Graces cannot be used either and use of Phoenix Feathers is restricted further: Each party member can only be revived three times, and after the first Revive, there is an 8 minute cooldown. Watch your step carefully, know the fights and stay alive.

Your rewards for defeating a Squad Battle is not simply a new piece of armor or a fancy weapon, however. Winning the fight will grant you a Box of Conviction: Redeemers for your efforts, containing a random item, such a Season 2 Belt, Earring or Ring, an Extra Departure Ticket for a Redeemer battle, Mysterious or Abyssal Shards that can be used in Material Synthesis, a massive cache of gold or possibly a head gear item matching Neamhain's unique eyes... and you'll always gain credit towards the Redeemers powerful boosts.

The more times you complete an individual Redeemers battle, the more stat bonuses you'll receive, an effect that's always active. Defeat the Sea of Reflection battle to receive the following buffs:

5 Victories: +1 Critical
25 Victories: +1000 HP
50 Victories: +500 ATT/M.ATT and +1 Critical
75 Victories: +1 Critical and Remove ATT Limit +300
100 Victories: +500 ATT/M.ATT, +2 Critical and Full Force, which can activate when using a Smash Attack on a boss, boosting the power of certain character skills
Each Redeemers battle can only be completed once per day, so make sure to get started!
The "Redeemers" bit is new. The latest battles are part of a system that didn't have a name until this very moment. These rewards seem pretty neat but I'm still worried that this is going to be Niflheim 2.0.

quote:

Quick Battle Menu

With Battle Quests for all three seasons spread out between four battle boards across multiple locations, finding a party to do battle with is not always the simplest thing imaginable. The new Quick Battle System will streamline this entire process by letting you create and join parties without needing to seek out a Battle Board, or even needing to be in the right town!
I mentioned this before. The Strange Traveler will mention it again.

quote:

Emote System

We're also expanding the familiar Emotes, the actions triggered by the F5-F11 keys, by giving you more emotes and control of where to place them! With five new Emotes coming to all players for free, and a baker's dozen more hitting the Supply Depot, you'll get to show off your personality, and outfits, in brand new ways.
Holy poo poo you guys jumping is back. We can also /bow and try to play rock-paper-scissors. There are also a bunch of cash shop emotes and they each cost 1400 NX. They may as well be named /whatthefuck because they are all nonsense.

quote:

Grand Nobility Set and More

The Corruption of the Goddess Update arrived with a brand new Emote system, and the Supply Depot is bustling with even more Emotes for everyone! Along with new Outfits, Hairstyles, Runes and more, there's plenty to buy, and you've got a big reason to do so: The more NX you spend over the next four weeks, the bigger your bonus rewards...

Check out all the details in the Grand Nobility Set and More post!
Ordinarily, I don't mention sales because if you've got money to burn you'll find this information on your own. However, this sale has a new rune. Runes are regularly given away during events, so you could consider it a preview of things to come.
    Extraction Rune *NEW*: 18,900 NX
  • Can be used when Enhancing a +8 or better item enchanted with ATT Limit Removal/Damage Reflection
  • If the item is destroyed due to a failed Enhancement, the Rune will be consumed and the Enchant Scroll and Material Synthesis for ATT Limit Removal/Damage Reflection will be placed in your inventory
  • The resulting Enchant Scroll will have a 100% chance of success

quote:

Suicide Mission Events

Battling the Redeemers is no simple task. Neit and Neamhain are two of the most powerful beings to ever appear in Vindictus, and the restrictions inherent to the Redeemers System will only make it harder. But there's a grand reward for those that manage to defeat them in the next four weeks. Take advantage of it, the return of the Monster Bingo Event and more!

Check out all the details in the Suicide Mission Events post!
Short version: Beat the new raid and you'll eventually be rewarded with coupons that will let you buy an outfit from the Outfiteer. There are five coupons, one for each slot, so you can mix and match. Monster bingo has the usual rewards, along with butterfly wings and anime heterochromatic eyes.

quote:

Additional Changes
There are a lot of good changes and bug fixes in there. So many, in fact, that I can't be bothered to copy-paste them all here.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

/jump and /bow have always been there :ssh:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The new finger guns emote (/flirt) is the best thing.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

The new finger guns emote (/flirt) is the best thing.
That was one of the few emotes I could comprehend, though I don't see what doing fingerguns has to do with flirting unless it's an MGS3 joke.

Also! Remember when I bitched about Abomination unlocking a new plate armor set instead of an accessory? It turns out I was wrong and beating Abom unlocks armor AND belts. New accessories with every major story update is what they're doing after all. Meanwhile, someone posting on the official forums pointed out that we need a second set of armors because all of those orange essences you get from Ben Chenner have bonus abilities that only work in Ben Chenner. Not that I particularly like the special abilities that come with S3 gear, but whatever.

EDIT: One last important tidbit to mention. There's a spreadsheet going around to keep track of which monsters drop bingo numbers. It's here.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 19, 2017

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

There's also one where you go super Saiyan and some dumb anime ones.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Anyone running around in this game? There's a lot of bonuses for having a static group right now while leveling. Add me on east@ 'Swon' I have all kinds of characters at different levels to do poo poo.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Valentime is here.

quote:

Valentine's Day is two weeks away, and it's time to scramble for gifts! Find your true love with the Valentine Hearts Event, pick up the Valentine's Day Love Package to clutch a rose between your teeth and get you and your sweetheart matching Devotion Rings before the big day comes!

Valentine's Day Love Package

The Valentine's Day Love Package contains two simple items: A lovely, red Fragrant Rose for your mercenary to hold between their teeth as a Head gear item, as well as an Armor Fusion Rune to make your favorite helmet hold the appearance of your new flower.
I don't normally mention sale items but I'm mentioning it because I want everybody to click through and look at the picture and tell me if that's how you hold a rose in your teeth. I'm pretty sure it's not. Maybe things are different in Korea.

quote:

Valentine Hearts Event

The Strange Traveler's feeling lonely and while the prospects of his love life may be at least as terrifying as a Fomor horde, that's no reason not to cheer up the little guy. Find your match or join the Strange Traveler in bachelorhood and gain a new title and a pair of grand emblems!
So here's the deal: The Strange Traveler will give you a bag that contains two copies of half of a heart. One is tradeable, one is not. You're supposed to find someone who got two copies of the other half so you can exchange your tradeable halves and combine them into a whole heart. Do that and you can turn it in for the "You Complete Me" title. Alternatively, you can tell the Strange Traveler to pound sand and you'll receive the "Forever Alone" title. Only completionists should put effort into this because turning in a full heart gets you get a red rose emblem and a yellow rose emblem. If you give up, you'll receive one of the rose emblems, randomly chosen.

Oh, and by the way: if you ARE a completionist, there's a major "gently caress You" built into the event. You can only complete it once per account.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The European migration is close and changes are going to happen.

quote:

On Thursday, February 16th, a new era in Vindictus arrives as European, North American and Australian players will all be a part of the same Vindictus service! The unification of our western Vindictus services will have numerous impacts as we move forward, with customer service, community support, billing and more under the same roof, there will be a number of immediate adjustments as all regions begin playing with the same rules. Take a peak at it all below!
There's a fair bit going on but as an American, I only care about this stuff:

quote:

Changes to North American and Australian Service

Changes will take effect with the Thursday, February 16th Unification Maintenance

All players have access to 7 character slots (up from 6)
The Super Lucky System is here! Enemies and objects will randomly drop large quantities of gold, at a rate determined by your LUK stat
Guild names can now contain up to 20 characters
Parties containing returning players will no longer gain an EXP bonus
Ferghus is now able to make up for his heinous crimes by restoring the Durability of your items
The Premium Enhancement Rune is no longer destroyed upon a successful Enhancement
Town departure is now available
Fine Bath Soaps cost reduced to 500,000 Gold (from 1,000,000 Gold)
I wonder what durability restoration is going to cost, seeing as you already have a chance of getting Durability Restoration Potions from the warm welcome boxes.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

More events on the way, ostensibly to celebrate unification:

quote:

We have a pair of big events to help celebrate the new unified Vindictus service! Keep playing Vindictus for the next month for huge bonuses every week and plenty of rewards, featuring a set of wings and a brand new Teddybear backpack, and get huge bonuses and prizes every day with the Unification Super Week Event!

Unification Super Weeks Event

The Unification Super Weeks are four weeks full of so many buffs and giveaways it's almost hard to keep track! First, every day you login you'll earn a Super Week Daily Gift containing 300 AP and different rewards for every level gap, including Completion EXP Boost Potions for those yet to reach level 90 and Seals of Bravery for those that have reached their peak.

Logging in on the weekend will grant a bonus wealth of prizes, with massive AP capsules, powerful runes, mysterious shards and even a coupon that will boost a piece of gear to at least +10! You'll also get Super Week Tickets that can be exchanged for Permanent Inner Armor Coupons, Premium Enhancement and Enchant Runes, Gear Protection Runes and more!
Last night I was thinking, "hey, it's been a while since Nexon gave away enhancement runes. I need some of those." And here are some more to keep the powerup train chugging.

quote:

That's not all, of course. All week long, two sets of buffs will be running strong, one all day and the other for 6 hours in prime time, featuring Repair and Dye fee discounts, bonus Raid Departures and Evil Cores from bosses and even unlimited, free Goddess Grace revivals! There's a lot to go into, so check out the Unification Super Weeks below!
Did you like the stupid butterfly wings they gave away during the bingo event? I didn't. They look stupid. Here's some other stuff they're giving away that's also going to look stupid once you're wearing it

quote:

Unification On-Time Event

Somehow, the metric ton of giveaways and boosts aren't enough for the unification! Stay logged on throughout the next four weeks for one last set of prizes with the Unification On-Time Event, including Premium Enhancement and Enchant Runes, a Unification-exclusive title, a glorious set of wings for your character and even a brand new Teddy-bear Backpack!
For some unknown reason they're bringing back events where you have to stay logged in all the time. Why. You know that strains the server, Nexon. You know it makes people unhappy. Especially people who don't make a separate account for each character.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Feb 16, 2017

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Uh holy poo poo they are actually making enhancing and enchanting easier!?

http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/21171/coming-soon-alban-festival-update

Actually I read this wrong but they are buffing the F-A enchants and low level enhancing. Also some new minigames and another double season 1 boss fight (Blood Lord and Ekinar).

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Mar 16, 2017

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

Uh holy poo poo they are actually making enhancing and enchanting easier!?

http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/21171/coming-soon-alban-festival-update

Actually I read this wrong but they are buffing the F-A enchants and low level enhancing. Also some new minigames and another double season 1 boss fight (Blood Lord and Ekinar).
I doubt you misread it; people on the forums say that the wording was changed because it was a mistranslation and that's probably what you saw. They are "downgrading" some r9 enchants to rA and r8 enchants to r9 and using those particular enchants will be better. As for enhancing, the only thing we know for sure is that it costs less gold and fewer enhancement elixirs overall. Never mind the fact that the bulk of the gold cost of major league enhancing comes from buying stones and enhancement elixirs are piss easy to get anyway. As for penalties for failing to enhance, that article is incredibly vague and it doesn't say why people at end-game will see an appreciable improvement to their situation.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 17, 2017

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

They added more to the announcement for the update that's coming tomorrow. Here's the new stuff:

quote:

Shorter Season 3 Story Battles

While we love the thrilling battles and intense challenge of Season 3, fighting through the same zones over and over again isn't always the best thing. As such, we've shortened many Season 3 Story Battles, to get you to the most important fights faster, helping you keep the thread of the story going longer:

Deciduous Forest: Reduced to 1 Sector
Glowing Plant: Reduced to 1 Sector
Garden Guardian: Reduced to 1 Sector
A Friend Once Lost: Reduced to 1 Sector
River on Fire: Reduced to 2 Sector
The Fallen Guardian: Reduced to 1 Sector
En Route: Reduced to 1 Sector
A Place of Loss: Reduced to 1 Sector
Statue at the Summit: Reduced to 1 Sector
Lochlann Plains Entrance: Reduced to 1 Sector
Abandoned Ruins: Reduced to 2 Sector
Facing the Inevitable: Reduced to 1 Sector
Cool, I guess. I don't really care about this change aside from the Benny Hill Summit battles being shortened because that place is tedious to run.

quote:

Ability Rank Requirement Changes

The Level Requirements for numerous skill and mastery ranks for all of our characters have been updated, requiring higher levels for the vast majority of them. While the acquisition of the base level of these skills and masteries are almost entirely unchanged (only exception: Vella's Glacial Strike ability now requires Level 50 to initially train), this will require your characters to reach higher levels to unlock more powerful attacks.

To compensate for this change, we have also adjusted the Skill Rank Requriements for many items and enchants to require lower-rank skills. Additionally, if you have already purchased those ranks, they will still be usable at their full, purchased power.
So what I'm getting from this is that skill ranks won't unlock as quickly. Okay. I don't get why this needs to be done.

quote:

Composite Item Simplification

We've also decided to simplify Composite Items a bit, in order to limit inventory clutter of lower-quality components. Blue-quality Composite materials have been standardized, so that all blue-quality materials for a specific slot are the same. Purple-quality Composite materials have been reduced slightly as well, with only five variations of stats available for each slot. Orange-quality Composite materials are unchanged.

quote:

Cherry Fishing Event

We're unleashing a little event as well for all of those that enjoy baiting their hooks! Grab a Cherry Fishing Rod and fish up special event items, including Enchant Scroll Boxes, Cherry Fishing Coupons and more!
Fuuuuuuuck fishing and also the special rewards aren't special at all. They look bad because they're bee-themed. A striped T-shirt. A honeybee antenna headband. Some 30-day cosmetic thing. I can't bee-lieve this.

I mean, I'm still going to fish because ~enchant scrolls~ but don't think it's because I like you, you baka event.

quote:

Bug Fixes and Game Improvements
  • :frogsiren::shittypop: Decreased the difficulty for Muir :shittypop::frogsiren:
There are a bunch of fixes but I pasted in the only one that matters hell yeah Muir is going to be less of a shitshow this rules.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 22, 2017

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Day 2 of the fishing event. Using 100 rods takes so long that I could get enchant scrolls faster if I used the time to go raiding. At this point, the only reason I would recommend fishing is to get tickets to exchange for merc pots.

UPDATE: I fought Muir and it was technically easier to beat him. Right after I got the message to hit him in the back, I did so and the game immediately did a fade-out to the victory cutscene. I then went to Ferghus and tried enhancing my Regina Boots to +5, which succeeded and cost around 8k less gold than it used to. Then I failed going to +6 and the rank reset to +0. So no, high-level enhancing is not that much better now.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 24, 2017

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

They shut down the fishing event temporarily. No reason given so they either realized it's the worst, or I'm not the only person whose fishing rods suddenly stopped working. Maybe my rods stopped working because the event got shut down. Maybe I should submit a ticket.

This weekend: Double seals of bravery (certain restrictions apply)

quote:

With the new Shrouded Truth battle upon us, greater strength is required from our mercenaries. This weekend, take advantage of double Seals of Bravery from Season 2 and Niflheim raids. Exchange your Seals to obtain more powerful items and grow your might!
Just about all of my characters would benefit from more seals. Too bad I fell down the Factorio hole a couple of days ago and would rather run over zerglings with a train.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The fishing event was shut down because people were using a glitch that lets you fish forever without using any poles

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

The fishing event was shut down because people were using a glitch that lets you fish forever without using any poles

There's an update coming tomorrow and so far there's nothing in the notes about fixing fishing.

quote:

March 29th Scheduled Maintenance

Dear Players,

We will be performing a scheduled maintenance on Wednesday, March 29th at 7:00 AM PDT. During this period, all servers will be unavailable. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes, concluding at around 9:30 AM PDT.

- Start and End Time -

Pacific: 7:00 AM - 9:30 AM PDT

Eastern: 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM EDT

Europe: 4:00 PM - 6:30 PM CEST

Australia: 1:00 AM - 3:30 AM AEST Thursday, March 30th

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- What -

Weekly Server Upkeep
A new set of events befitting the first of April...
Thank you for your patience.
Man, it would be cool if we could have April Fools' events like in the old days.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Update's here.

The Gem Box event does a 360:

quote:

Been looking to get the best bracelet possible for your favorite character, but the gems you need just won't drop? For the next two weeks, we're bringing back the Fixed Gem Boxes Event, letting you loot Special Key Gems from Niflheim battles that can be traded for exactly the gem type you need!
So sometimes you run Niflheim and you might get a special key fragment and you can trade it for a box that's guaranteed to contain a gem of a specific color. Not of a specific quality, though, if I'm reading this correctly. Having one stack of crappy bracelet gems in my inventory is better than having four stacks, I suppose.

As Mr. T might say: It's April, fools! It's not really April, of course. I just like making that joke. I pity you if you don't enjoy corny jokes.

quote:

Super Ultimate Power Event

Event Name Super Ultimate Power Event
Event Start Wednesday, March 29th (End of Maintenance)
Event End Wednesday, April 5th (Start of Maintenance)
Event Details
For the duration of the event, damage done by all characters is multiplied by 1,000!
Rend the Fomors in two and see how massive your damage can become!
:staredog:

quote:

Mega-Ultra-Thick-Skin Event

Event Name Mega-Ultra-Thick-Skin Event
Event Details
For the duration of the event, Fomors have bulked up, boosting all enemy health totals by 1,000 times over!
Take on the empowered enemy and tear down their nigh-impenetrable defenses!
:smugdog:

quote:

Well-Packed Gift Event

Event Name Well-Packed Gift Event
Event Details
Speak to the Strange Traveler and claim a Gift Box of Friendship.
Open the gift to claim the Strange Traveler's special prize!
It's no "meet Heavy Weapons Guy and GlaDOS" event, but it's still a good event with a worthwhile reward. I'm not trying to put one over you guys. The reward is a title and I love titles.

Oh yeah: The fishing event still isn't fixed.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Mar 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I ran Abom on my arisha and I died five times because that raid is buggy as hell, but I may never complain again:

Also, if you haven't used one of those Rabi whistles that got given away a while ago, I recommend doing so at least once. Summoned Rabi is really good because he has unique dialogue for nearly every town function in the game.

Speaking of bracelets: The gem box event is terrible for some reason. Every single box I've opened has given me a regular-rear end gem. Meanwhile, superior gem boxes (which you also tend to earn one of per raid, like the event key) have given me several fine gems and one superior emerald since the event started. My only guess is that the event boxes have the same probability distribution as the normal gem boxes.

Speaking of probability distributions: The fishing event still isn't fixed but you can now discard your unwanted rods and tickets.