Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Hahaha Sandi digging in her purse glasses on ready to bail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

1,600,000 players to meet. Amazing.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Was it Sandi's handbag?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
Well, my confidence has certainly been restored.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Lime Tonics posted:

I wish I had the values as some as to scam people for money, but that wouldn't make me a nice person, but i would be rich neyond my wildest dreams.

just have to start looking at people like they are crops, and pick them clean till the winter comes and the reality hits them.

It is fun to think about , but to attempt? even if a god was alive to see it, i'd cringe at the prospect.

They are rich though, and have alot of money,

but are they happy?

If you have any good ideas for scams, I'll hear 'em.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

That was magical, although not for the reasons CIG hoped.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
2.6- Coming Soon

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Moma I dare you to get back in here lol

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Merry Christmas

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

ZenMaster posted:

Moma I dare you to get back in here lol

If you had any testicles at all you''d get your rear end in here and tell us what you thought

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Stream is over, prediction scoring:

1. Chris and/or Sandi don't even make an appearance. Chris actually showed up and he's waving his hands like a coked up moron! I am a liar, inside info is fake.
Lesnick is limited to a walk-on cameo if he's able to make it. They cut to him every time they needed to fill time. He's inherited Chris's hands.
Lando will be the host. 50/50. They made him dress up like a loving clown and host the "Grudge Match" for the entire second half of the stream.

2. Another new ship will be sold. MISC Razor for sale now! Vanguard Hoplite variant on sale now!
Expected price: at least $200. Vanguard Hoplite new on sale for 225. But that MISC Razor- it's a steal at only 135 dollars!

3. There will be several other "Stream-exclusive" sales with lower prices than November- it's possible that these will be cash only. Yep: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5iq4h5/2016_holiday_livestream_sales/?st=iws7wgqo&sh=e8ec772f

4. There will be no new major game features demonstrated. A lot of time will be filled with meandering around the existing game but nothing new is ready. 100% accurate. Only live gameplay was a rehash of November's competition, likely on the same build. They struggled really hard just to get racing and arena commander running, spending 10+ minutes filling time as they loaded.
All that planetary landing stuff, all the capital stuff, all the flight decks- none of that was ever even remotely ready for demonstration. Yep, down the memory hole it all went.
2.6 has been reduced to a 6v6 fps on a single map and even that is unlikely to have made any progress since the last stream. Scoreboard showed 8v8. Of course, they advertised it as 10v10. Lobbies still not ready. Nothing noticeably improved over november's stream. No cover mechanics, no vaulting.

5. There will be several videos of features Very first video on the stream was pre-recorded with all kinds of jump cuts and clips. Even the "banter" was scripted. Second/third videos were prerecorded beauty shots from the test server. Then a lot of Chris hand waving and rambling about poo poo features that will never be released, nothing materialized. Farming! Hot seed details! Last vid of the stream was some vanduul capship wank shots with no gameplay.
possibly the stupid new website Nope, totally forgot about that as well.
definitely some "Making-Of" style documentaries with uncomfortable developers Third video was a "Making of" video for the Misc what-the-gently caress ever.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
moma Moma MOMA!

:smug:

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
see you in the persistant universe

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Anyone watching this and then going "Yep, this seems like a professional outfit that I can trust with 140 million dollars" deserves to be admitted to mental hospital right loving now.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

By the way, never once did I see any evidence of any of the live gameplay being 10 v 10 like they said - at best, once was 8 v 8 and a few times there where uneven numbers - players obviously dropped/crashed out.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
Chris is getting hoarse from shouting right about now.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

So what does that bag cost?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Enchanted Hat posted:

Chris is getting hoarse from shouting right about now.

They decided not to close the studio like they usually do as they are still working on 2.6 up to Xmas.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Kosumo posted:

By the way, never once did I see any evidence of any of the live gameplay being 10 v 10 like they said - at best, once was 8 v 8 and a few times there where uneven numbers - players obviously dropped/crashed out.

Maybe, but MoMA assures us they're doing 12v12 right now, and he couldn't be wrong. Technically speaking, that is.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
For all you non-stream watchers I managed to mine maybe 0.0001% of the salt. There were thousands of messages deleted and thousands more I didn't catch since I only did this for about 20 minutes of the 2+ hour stream. Managed to get some strategic phantom goon comments. I did not take any comments during the 10+ minutes of concept art and then the 2.6 trailer at the end, so you can imagine how much salt is out there.

quote:

kawala999 :1000 users less than before, this isn't good
Alonsospace : PLS SHOW SOMETHING USEFUL!
cdhendy : This is terrible.
FatalNut : backers give zero F's about this "tournament." Just give us a playable game...
Strfox : yay. i get to watch other people play the game instead of getting to experience anything myself! merry xmass to me!
Tehrin_150 : SUPER....not interested in spending any more money until you release 2.6
NoreNZ2016 : Just give us 2.6 already!
revouz : We dont want any comp!! Where is 2.6? Work instead of doing this *** thing please! ;(
BluJester23 : trying to fill humor in for the lack of gameplay they are showing
Asgar1205 : yay...ships...let's sell more stuff, but don't show SQ42 for the third time in a row...and also push back every single patch that's announced
Zmajuga :No more money before 3.0!
apollorez : This game is never going to launch
Chalkyj : jesus christ do they intend on showing anything interesting what so ever?
Cpt_data : Let's hope for 2.6PTU this weekend. I doubt it gonna happen, but surprise me. Buuuuuuuuut ... I think I won't pour any more money in the project before Three-Point-Zero, cuz my hangar is filled with more ships I can't fly than those I can.
edw224 : translation: We didn't make enough money haha
Pertine : I'm kinda bored with the never ending sales to be honest.
SyncedGamingTV : to be offend - ok - but why are you censoring all the eligible critics?!? There is no 3.0 - there is no SQ42 Demo!?!?!?
TheDangerJohnson : *** you CIG for rehashing the studio battles nobody enjoyed last stream
XxEvacxX : Honestly stop trying to sell things to me and just give us some actual content.
Killer_devil : the game take to long my computer cant run it now
shineraus : Nay sayers are just competitor company propaganda spies. Go SC team!!
Dethos : So Much SALT.....I LOVE CIG....but am finally Upset
Official_Jayberg : @RattleNHum, If they're working so hard and spending so much, why can't we have an SQ42 demo? Events like this are incredibly important - if I wasn't already backed, and I saw this poor production quality, I would steer well clear
SintheGamer : so many valid comments being deleted they arent even malicious
GamerGirlu : This is a bit like a cargo cult of actual game development company
Lupusregalis : What the Fk is with the lame CUT & Paste of an F1 race car for MISC Razor?
Da_FuNkAy : ^^
Strfox : no wonder the development of this game is taking forever. no one is good at anything.
Sgtjockitch : Hey at least evocoti gets to play 2.6! Kappa, wish I had hundreds of hours of game time and bought $1000 worth of ships so I could be evocoti. Oh wait I did back for $1000 and I do have hundreds of hours of game time.
Boloww : So how has this game not even remotely improved in the 3 years since Arena Commander initially launched
joranovitch : they are basically doing the same thing as the Pre-stream for the anniversary livestream.... disappointed
marVLs : NO MORE SHIPS, GIVE US MECHANICS <===
marVLs : NO MONEY BEFORE 3.0 RELEASE!
kawawolfy : I'm disappointed, Sorry CIG, but it's a fail for me, i hope that 206 will end quick
Boloww : Did they fix the bug where the servers run at 10 fps so you can run through walls in the PU
rasmusfinn : QA: you ask we answer something else
CRASH_SLI : Sry 2.6 ia big fail
Udelar : Based on what they have decided to show and not show live, I can only conclude that 2.6 PTU is nowhere near ready.
Anyfire : I want my 2 hours lifetime back
Kromel : if you think this game looks boring, you were dropped as an infant. Blame your mom.
Boloww : So is the only news more *** to sell us 4 years after the initial kickstarter?
sammarghh : n the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis.
spacephilosopher : I feel like this gameplay would be more fun with a dancing cat.
Coremine : Is this a sideproject or are they actually putting dev time on this?
DCVolo : WE WANT INFORMATIONS / NEWSnot redondant blabla gameplay we have already seen, not the point of your stream
GamerGirlu : ignore features, here is some concept art

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

sorla78 posted:

So what does that bag cost?

It's one of those freakishly expensive, yet badly made things. Low to mid four figures, probably, if the brand is right. (It probably is).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheLightPurges posted:

They decided not to close the studio like they usually do as they are still working on 2.6 up to Xmas.

Oh good, they'll have no excuse to delay my refund then.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
RSI deleted every single thread about how poo poo the stream was. Hundreds of posts gone from gen chat.

Now theres an empty "feedback thread" katamari with a be constructive or else.

Edit: They left up the positive only hype thread lmao
oh they moved it all in there now into an unreadable mess

TheLightPurges fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 16, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

1. Chris wears black.
2. The stream starts late.
3. Sandi will wear something that makes us all go "WTF".
4. Chris doesn't go anywhere near the game, instead letting menials be humiliated.
5. Jared dresses up as hobo Santa.

I would argue Jared's outfit could be considered hobo Santa-esque and therefore I am 5/5.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

My word. That was truly fantastic for all of the wrong reasons. Every one of these I've seen has been getting worse and worse and they just can't stop digging.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh look, we've hit the bargaining stage.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

quote:

no wonder the development of this game is taking forever. no one is good at anything.

lol

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I mean, the stream (and I only caught the tail end) was littered with statements that by themselves mark this project as an unfinishable scam.

Take the Kingship, and Crobbers casual statement that "yeah, that's fully modelled with interiors you can explore". That's a 2,8 km ship. Just modelling the interior would take entire studios months to complete. And that's not even mentioning getting it to fly in the game without eating up all of the servers memory, getting the systems and animations to work and so on. And he just states it as fact. Jesus loving Christ.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Erenthal posted:

I mean, the stream (and I only caught the tail end) was littered with statements that by themselves mark this project as an unfinishable scam.

Take the Kingship, and Crobbers casual statement that "yeah, that's fully modelled with interiors you can explore". That's a 2,8 km ship. Just modelling the interior would take entire studios months to complete. And that's not even mentioning getting it to fly in the game without eating up all of the servers memory, getting the systems and animations to work and so on. And he just states it as fact. Jesus loving Christ.

They have an entire studio contracted out to do the Vanduul. I believe they're based out of Brazil or something.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016
Does someone have a link to the part of the stream where Sandi was bitching while on a hot mic?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

cupitor posted:

Does someone have a link to the part of the stream where Sandi was bitching while on a hot mic?

Yeah, I am converting the video now, will be an hour or so for good quality... I'll try to cut those parts out and see what she was saying. :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Salt n Reba McEntire posted:

van dull, so what

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016

ZenMaster posted:

Yeah, I am converting the video now, will be an hour or so for good quality... I'll try to cut those parts out and see what she was saying. :)

NICE!

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

missed the stream because of our office holiday luncheon, but the last 600 posts of tviv-style reaction were magical

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
MOMA is going to come in here after a few days and tell us the stream went really well and you know it.

Alternatively: Oh I wasn't REALLY expecting anything great, just some silly fun!

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

ZenMaster posted:

If your upload is good quality enough, I'll take a crack at it in soundbooth, but it's been a long time since I did and sound isolation/cleaning, so no one get too excited yet...

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

ComposerGuy posted:

MOMA is going to come in here after a few days and tell us the stream went really well and you know it.

I'm sure he's just at home practicing his smug look in the mirror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

Spatial posted:

I crafted a fantastic device. It will open a portal to another world. A world of dreams...

It just needs to mounted on the top of a Christmas tree like so; the power of the pledge will do the rest. Whoa, it's shaking already!

Powering up!!

WHOA IT'S OUT OF CONTROLLLLL

*poof*

awesome.

that stream was art. Somehow they managed to outdo Chris playing 2.0 from last year.