Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You put pictures/badges/stickers/patches of anime boys you think gently caress each other on them or in a window on the front of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Why

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I dunno, but why not, I guess.

Fujoshi culture bugs me because it just seems to intentionally misinterpret everything about characters to suit its casual fetishistic treatment of homosexual men as sex objects, but they enjoy it so gently caress it, let 'em at it.

e: missed a word

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Dec 16, 2016

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You put pictures/badges/stickers/patches of anime boys you think gently caress each other on them or in a window on the front of it.

You're making this poo poo up aren't you

....Maybe Jojo fans are weirder than I give them credit for.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

It's less JoJo fans, and more fujoshi that are weird about this thing. Though the two aren't exactly mutually exclusive.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, it's a fujo thing and JoJo is extremely attractive to fujoshi is all. Araki doesn't really get it either. And obviously, not all BL lovers are so zealous about it either.

JoJolion having the most explicitly heterosexual JoJo yet means Kira + Josefumi is the relationship they cling to. Despite both of those dudes being portrayed as interested in ladies and such.

T-minus ~50 minutes

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
As a lady who likes jojo I feel kind of compelled to say that the bag thing isn't always a fujo/BL thing. I've never seen anyone with an ita bag outside of a convention setting, at least in a north american fan context. I don't have one and have no desire for one but I know a few people who have made them, and it's just a sack with cool and/or funny buttons and charms and stuff of a character they like, and there's usually a bit of irony about the whole thing. Wanting to see the dude on the bag smooch another dude is optional. The only really "weird" thing about it is that you're investing a lot of money in merchandise just to cover a purse with fan stuff, and in the grand scheme of anime fan poo poo that barely registers. e: the best bag I've seen was one that was just covered in buttons and stuff featuring pictures of Guts from Berserk looking happy and the only obvious ship was that poor dude + a happy and quiet life with his new friends :unsmith:

Anyway, really excited to see Kira get punched around some more today in a couple of hours--I can't believe we're already just about at the finale.

Amaryllis fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 16, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

4 minutes until beautiful JoJo Japan broadcast

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

SFX normal OP, with BTD Kira and a little fuckery at the end of it*.

* may be wrong about fuckery

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 16, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ends with Kira cornered by everyone.
10/10 episode. Okuyasu returning was glorious. the DORARARARARARARARA was beautiful. the video froze just before the Killer Queen line though.

Episode 39 - Goodbye Morioh, Golden Heart.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 16, 2016

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Episode 39 - Goodbye Morioh, Golden Heart.

Take me to the trash city of Napoli, per piacere.. Make my christmas next week, David.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Did they cut out panty NEET

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

nope, it's before the OP in its entirety. Nailed it too.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Anime of the year.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Sad they cut out summer camp trig last week but keeping panty creep makes up for it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They also have Josuke speak pretty low and put on a gravelly voice for impersonating Ghost Dad.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Am I just crazy or does the OP have a bunch of sound effects added to it this week.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Ita bags are not a fujo thing, they're a fan thing. It's not about shipping?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Devil Ed posted:

Am I just crazy or does the OP have a bunch of sound effects added to it this week.

You are crazy.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Robviously posted:

Take me to the trash city of Napoli, per piacere.. Make my christmas next week, David.

It doesn't even have to be much, like as soon as I'd see a cut to black, then "March, 2001" or something I'd die.

nope, it's before the OP in its entirety. Nailed it too.

Good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Robviously posted:

I want to drift down Venice's famous Danube River.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the next week is too long, i want to see my kira boy winning big time

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Okuyasu's return teared me up a bit. Him and Josuke are awesome pals

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Robviously posted:

That's the title of the last chapter of DiU, but I wouldn't rule out a part 5 tease, especially with the signpost in the OP.

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!
That was an amazing episode. They nailed everything, and even though I knew it was coming, I still grinned like an idiot when Oku came back and just casually destroyed those air bubbles. Thank you, Araki, for giving us at least one part in this series in which the cool dude best bro didn't die.

Can't wait to meet the true hero of part 4 next week. It would be pretty cool to see a little teaser for part 5, but I'm not holding my breath.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That little bit when Ambulance sneaks in and gives Kira the side-siren.

Neato
Mar 2, 2016

Next time on Jojo's Bizarre Adventure:

"The Alley Cat Strikes Back"?
Or
"Every Dog Has It's Day"

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

One of my Twitter friends forgot what the last chapter of diu is called and got a bunch of people thinking that next week is actually the first episode of pt 5.

:negative:

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
but it WILL end with jotaro recruiting koichi to the speedwagon foundation for a very special mission in Italy

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

a mission to italy that he didn't take his girlfriend yukako to because they must have broken up because she realised that okuyasu is a much better husbando than koichi

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

okuyasu however respects that the ex is hexed and a no go

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

CJ posted:

Name one. The one i named is the only one that is outstanding.

grateful dead, metallica and white album immediately come to mind and i don't particularly feel the need to list more, so, ???

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Grateful Dead is easily top 10 level JoJo fight and its long before the end.

I refrain from judging Vento as a whole because I have no fair handling of it, but CJ, you have to make your trolling more subtle, have people question if you're being legit.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Johnny Joestar posted:

grateful dead, metallica and white album immediately come to mind and i don't particularly feel the need to list more, so, ???

White Album is the ice guy? I stopped reading part 5 for a few months half way through that because i could only take so many panels of "Ahh! The ice is coming in the car!"

Grateful Dead was ok i guess.

bondster
May 6, 2007

I can see the ending next week being Koichi at the airport getting on the plane to Italy. It would even go along with the past couple of parts that have endings/epilogues take place at airports.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I forget, why did Jotaro send a 15 year old dwarf to Italy instead of going himself?

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

These three are some of my favorite JoJo fights of all time, too

There's a lot of stuff in pt 5 that doesn't work well but the battles themselves generally aren't the problem

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

Beach Boys is pretty excellent too, also Clash/Talking Heads and Kraftwerk.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Johnny Joestar posted:

I feel the need

Oasis and Green Day are cool. Mista shoots bullets at a helicopter and Giorno turns them into vines to bring it down and then Giorno Muda Mudas a guy for literally six pages into like a trash compactor

I'm a fan of Soft Machine cause it's wild af for the first real Part 5 enemy fight

Man In The Mirror is cool top

Part 5 is kinda rad imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I really like Kraftwerk and I want to see that shot of the user walking along the frozen bullets in midair animated