Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Countblanc posted:

I'm a big fan of two things in 1v1 video/board games, high damage (and the scary situations that come with it) and best-of-X sets. especially since you said playtesters weren't able to bust things open yet, I'm worried that it means your game may be too safe right now. players being able to do absurd, unfair poo poo is cool, especially during early playtesting, and I think you might want to try cranking up some of the damage again. not necessarily across the board - choose which moves it makes sense to do a shitload of damage for each character and give some characters more of those than others.

obviously this leads to situations where someone is going to die quickly sometimes, but that's what sets are for. it's ok for a player to lose a game because they guessed wrong on knockdown twice, and sets give someone a chance to get back to a neutral start and try again. nothing feels worse in a game than doing something cool or bold and not getting a big payoff.

Yeah, I agree with this. There were some cool moments in the playtest involving a player guessing wrong on knockdown two or three times in a row, but at the same time the rounds could have been shorter. I had basically nudged the baseline damage down a bit to give myself some room to give characters more powerful attacks. Previously the baseline character could do about 3-6 damage for winning combat (baseline health is 18), I bumped it down to about 2-4 damage. Though I wasn't using them in the playtest, there are characters that should be able to hit harder than that. I think I might still adjust the baseline health down to about 15-16 just so winning combat is more impactful.

Anniversary posted:

Sounds awesome!

Congrats on getting out there and getting some playtesting/feedback.

I'm still really curious to see more of your system.

Thanks! If you like you can take a look at the rules and card mockups here:

http://imgur.com/a/1g3GF

I also have it working in Tabletop Simulator (pic below), though I don't have a proper PnP template right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
This looks neat. It reminds me of a game I was designing and did a bunch of play-testing a long time ago and lost interest in. I think it was more inspired by the old Nintendo 64 game game "Fighter's Destiny" and was on a track like that, and you scored points by doing KO (the most points) throws or knocking people off the edge (ring out).

It had a sort of reflex element where you had a pad in the center and you had to slap it first when cards were revealed in order to hit or defend from a hit.,

Unfortunately push-back moves were brokenly powerful (how my little brother would always win) and I didn't know how to fix it.

Maybe I should dig it up and work on it again. It was a fun project.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

dhamster posted:

Yeah, I agree with this. There were some cool moments in the playtest involving a player guessing wrong on knockdown two or three times in a row, but at the same time the rounds could have been shorter. I had basically nudged the baseline damage down a bit to give myself some room to give characters more powerful attacks. Previously the baseline character could do about 3-6 damage for winning combat (baseline health is 18), I bumped it down to about 2-4 damage. Though I wasn't using them in the playtest, there are characters that should be able to hit harder than that. I think I might still adjust the baseline health down to about 15-16 just so winning combat is more impactful.

Are you still having issues making Blocking useful/interesting? I looked over your previous notes and, if you aren't worried about it over-complicating the game, you may want to consider tweaking the "momentum" mechanic to something spacing-based. I don't think any of the existing fighting-game-board-games have done this, but stuff like blocking a sweep right next to you is different from blocking a sweep at max range. Like a sweep from 2 spaces away might be safe, 1 space might be mildly unsafe, and adjacent would obviously be hugely punishable. Same with fireballs. This also gives the game some more weighed options which are important in read-based games; if some things aren't risky then it becomes difficult for reads to be anything but arbitrary since you can't "eliminate" certain options as unviable.

Another idea for blocking could be having it grant free, immediate punishes in the event that you block something particularly unsafe like a DP, like Yomi's "dodge" cards. Either as a universal mechanic for blocking moves that would bestow &x_amount of Momentum ("If you block an attack which grants you 5 or more Momentum you may immediately play an attack with speed 3 or less") or print it on specific cards ("Shoryu-Punch: Invincible, 5 damage. If blocked your opponent may immediately play an attack with speed 3 or less.").

In your original post you mentioned the game being "joystick motion + button" but now it sounds more like "movement direction + ability". The first one really excited me since it opened up space for Charge characters, something I really haven't seen emulated particularly well in other fighter card games - Geiger's blocked Time Spirals are the only thing remotely close. Like my first thought was that each character had a move list like you'd see on the side of an old arcade cabinet, and you had to actually do the inputs to make certain things happen. Like your "movement" card could be "walk backward" or "quarter circle forward" (or even "stand still" or "hold down-back"), and your button card would just be A, B, C, D which would have printed Normal values if you just stood still or walked, but if you did a proper motion it'd preform a special move. Charge characters could have "if you moved/held [direction] last turn and move/held [opposite direction] this turn you do a special". This is probably more complex than your current game but I don't necessarily think that's bad.

e: also I wanted to say that I like your decision to make throws powerful, both because I like ST throws and because I think it gives the game a good "default" option, which is sorta what Blocking is in Yomi in the vast majority of matchups except it brings the game closer to conclusion instead of just powering up characters. It helps new players have a "wait, I can just do this and probably be okay" safety net and establishes the floor for the mind games in higher level play.

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 6, 2016

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Are you still having issues making Blocking useful/interesting? I looked over your previous notes and, if you aren't worried about it over-complicating the game, you may want to consider tweaking the "momentum" mechanic to something spacing-based. I don't think any of the existing fighting-game-board-games have done this, but stuff like blocking a sweep right next to you is different from blocking a sweep at max range. Like a sweep from 2 spaces away might be safe, 1 space might be mildly unsafe, and adjacent would obviously be hugely punishable. Same with fireballs. This also gives the game some more weighed options which are important in read-based games; if some things aren't risky then it becomes difficult for reads to be anything but arbitrary since you can't "eliminate" certain options as unviable.

Another idea for blocking could be having it grant free, immediate punishes in the event that you block something particularly unsafe like a DP, like Yomi's "dodge" cards. Either as a universal mechanic for blocking moves that would bestow &x_amount of Momentum ("If you block an attack which grants you 5 or more Momentum you may immediately play an attack with speed 3 or less") or print it on specific cards ("Shoryu-Punch: Invincible, 5 damage. If blocked your opponent may immediately play an attack with speed 3 or less.").

In your original post you mentioned the game being "joystick motion + button" but now it sounds more like "movement direction + ability". The first one really excited me since it opened up space for Charge characters, something I really haven't seen emulated particularly well in other fighter card games - Geiger's blocked Time Spirals are the only thing remotely close. Like my first thought was that each character had a move list like you'd see on the side of an old arcade cabinet, and you had to actually do the inputs to make certain things happen. Like your "movement" card could be "walk backward" or "quarter circle forward" (or even "stand still" or "hold down-back"), and your button card would just be A, B, C, D which would have printed Normal values if you just stood still or walked, but if you did a proper motion it'd preform a special move. Charge characters could have "if you moved/held [direction] last turn and move/held [opposite direction] this turn you do a special". This is probably more complex than your current game but I don't necessarily think that's bad.

e: also I wanted to say that I like your decision to make throws powerful, both because I like ST throws and because I think it gives the game a good "default" option, which is sorta what Blocking is in Yomi in the vast majority of matchups except it brings the game closer to conclusion instead of just powering up characters. It helps new players have a "wait, I can just do this and probably be okay" safety net and establishes the floor for the mind games in higher level play.

Blocking is actually not too bad right now, I added a punish element recently: if you block a punishable attack, you can replace your block card with a different move, as if it were your original combat card. So if you punish at range 1 you can throw for a guaranteed KD or a big combo from A, at range 2 you can sweep for a less damaging KD or a middling combo from B. Standing B used to be good enough to throw out in practically any situation, so I made that punishable, along with Paul's DP and Lewis' Dandy Step follow-ups. I also got rid of pushback on block, which helped keep spacing close enough for throws to remain a threat.

I have thought a bit about spacing-based safety. Right now Paul's fireball is safe at long ranges, but that's the only move to do that so far.

As for the inputs, in an earlier version of the game I had fewer, more context-sensitive action cards, but they ended up getting clogged with text. So there are now three proper buttons (A-C), a "no button" card (Block), and Throw, which is represented differently in different FGs. Paul essentially treats N like a QCF or DP motion, Lewis treats <- like QCB+p or k... but a "special input" movement card isn't a bad idea. I might think about it some more.

I have been kicking around some ideas for a charge mechanic but I haven't quite put anything on paper yet. I was thinking blocking, walking backward and a few other things could give you a token you could expend to use a charge move on the next turn.

Anyway, great critiques, I appreciate that you took the time to take a look at my game. I'll see what I can do to tune it up.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Also you should have an Urien analogue

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

agreed. Preferably with a banana hammock and some corner bullshit. I'll write that down.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:
I like it!

Thanks for sharing the rules and some content. I don't feel like I could give a good assessment without trying a few rounds, but the fundamentals certainly look interesting!

Monty Hall: Fight posted:

One player starts with Momentum.
The other player starts with a Blue token.

Each turn both players choose a card in secret and put their chosen card on the table facedown.
Then the player who doesn’t have Momentum chooses whether to attack with their card or not.
Then the player with Momentum chooses whether to attack with their card or not.
Then the player without Momentum can spend a Blue token to change from Attack to Block or vice-versa, if they do so then the player with Momentum may do the same, this process repeats until any player refuses to do so.
Then players who chose attack reveal their card, if they did not attack, their card is kept facedown as a Block.
Jab beats Grab, Grab beats Block, Block beats Jab.
Winner gains Momentum.
If Jab or Grab was the winner they gain a Red token and the loser gains a Blue token.
If there was a tie, trade Momentum.
Regardless the card chosen is discarded (face up if it was an attack, face down if it was set as a block.)

Jen - 2 Jabs, 1 Grab - starts with Momentum
Ren - 1 Jab, 2 Grabs - starts with a Blue token

Player with the most red tokens at the end wins. If there is a tie, player with the most facedown cards in discard wins. If there is still a tie, the player who had Momentum on the last turn loses.

This is a super bare bones game I made to try to model the Monty Hall Problem. I don't think I really succeeded, but I think its potentially the beginning of an idea. I imagine it wouldn't be terribly fun to play in its current state, especially because with so few cards you could potentially deduce your opponents actions based on what is face up in the discard.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

It's definitely interesting how many approaches there are to putting the core fighting game interaction of attack-block-throw into a board/card game. Blocking seems interesting in that ruleset since it hides information from the other player. I was about to say that grabs might be too good if you have the last pick, since you can just switch to grab if they choose to block, and block if they choose to attack... until I realized that if you follow that strategy, you could get counter-grabbed. So there is definitely some potential for mind games in there.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I had an idea for a game recently, and I was wondering if anyone knows of something similar before I start:

The idea would be that instead of a board, gameplay happens from a hardbound book. The book is a grimoire, and each page is its own board that has slight variations on the rules. Players are trying to flip through the pages of the book to get to a page that is most advantageous for their goals (probably earning VP in some way), and a large part of the gameplay is getting the book to the page you desire, or making the best of the page that the book is on.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

sector_corrector posted:

I had an idea for a game recently, and I was wondering if anyone knows of something similar before I start:

The idea would be that instead of a board, gameplay happens from a hardbound book. The book is a grimoire, and each page is its own board that has slight variations on the rules. Players are trying to flip through the pages of the book to get to a page that is most advantageous for their goals (probably earning VP in some way), and a large part of the gameplay is getting the book to the page you desire, or making the best of the page that the book is on.

Never heard of anything like this, but it sounds super cool! I love non-traditional boards like this.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

sector_corrector posted:

Sounds a lot like a less lolrandom version of Fluxx, which would be extremely my bag.

jmzero
Jul 24, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

I like the basic idea, but it seems like it'd be awkward physically. Everyone would want to be able to see the current page, as well as other pages to see what their options are - and if you can only do that on your turn it might grind to a halt.

It also seems like you might get in ruts if there's just one "page" you're on - maybe that's not enough variety? Like, maybe it should be like those kids' books where the page is cut into strips, and so the overall rules is combinations of 4 blocks of interchangeable sections (or more, if you used like a binder where you could re-arrange the pages, so that the page 2 doesn't always correspond with the front of page 3 or whatever).

Having the pages broken up (and laying flat, like a binder) would also allow some "board state" to be persistent through page changes. Like, your meeples get returned to you if that part of the page is turned, but the ones on parts that aren't changing can stay.

jmzero fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 10, 2016

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hmm, that's a good point. Maybe traditional board material, with holes in the side that match up to a three ring, and grommets to prevent wear as it turns? I really only have a form factor in mind right now, I need a decent game to go in it!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Some form is probably still made today but back in the 90s I had these Disney themed talking board-game books. They were pretty big, maybe 20x12 or something, but the double-fold extra thick cardboard pages were individual board games with built in pieces and stuff. They didn't require you to flip pages but the basics of the idea are out there in some form.

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.

sector_corrector posted:

This vaguely reminds me of chrononauts. A game in which each player is trying to get a timeline of cards to match their character's timeline of origin by altering key events in history. Changing the timeline is kind of like turning the page in your idea. Though chrononauts lacks the "make the best of the current state" aspect which would add a lot of depth.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Did some editing to a somewhat readible point for my arena skirmish minitures game.

The Rulebook
List of Perks

The game now has 7 classes (Melee, Assault, Heavy, Hacker, Sniper, Scout and Support) and 13 sub-classes (Called "Roles", which some share in common between classes).

I'm not very good at writing clear rules, so it'd be great to have people look at it and tell me what makes no sense and needs more explanation, or if it seems there's some rules aspect I forgot to put in.

I probably need a lot more examples and illustrations really to make this easier to read. It's the next thing I'll work on. Also, fixing the stuff for the pre-made units. They're a bit out of date.

I think besides physical figures, tokens for various actions and stuff for terrain, I have now everyone someone would need to play on their own. I've been just copying the info for the units themselves on index cards, but I can make up some better printed blanks to fill out to make this easier if people want.

I'm hoping to do some test plays in the next few weeks depending on schedule, using Roll20.

Does the rules for line of sight work? I want it to be fairly simple and not abusible (Based strictly on model's position).

Do people think it'd be too chaotic if anyone can climb buildings?

E:
My prototype stuff

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 14, 2016

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Edited/printed a few cards from my prototype and took it in for playtesting again tonight. Got 2 more rounds in, Lewis (Slayer) vs Paul (Ryu) and Billy (Zangief) vs Paul. First time actually using the characters instead of a generic baseline guy (Nick). End result.. pretty fun! From the get-go the Paul player did something I would never see in the Nick mirror, which was jump backward to take advantage of the long range of his fireball (at the cost of nearly cornering himself). I tried to jump in with B and ate a dragon punch for it, which kept me more honest for the rest of the round. The other guy got a little confused at first with the direction arrows on some the cards (example below)--right now they're written as if the player is on the left side, like commands in a fighting game. This made more sense when I had the board oriented horizontally, so that each player perceived themselves on the left to start. Now, though, it is workable, but probably not optimal.

I think what I might do is make an icon and/or color marker that signifies "IN" (toward opponent) or "OUT" (away from opponent), and replace the in-line arrows with them, where needed:

I also need to work on putting in some more keywords and iconography to keep the word count down. It's improving, but still more text-heavy than I would like, especially on the character cards. Gameplay-wise, Paul vs Lewis seemed to be a fair matchup. Lewis hits hard, but has a hard time getting in on Paul. I had a harder time than I expected explaining Lewis' Bravery Step (Dandy Step). I might need to give it a more descriptive name. Lewis' damage is in a good place--landing a hit was rewarding, but not overwhelming. Paul's damage isn't any better than the baseline guy, but he has a lot more utility--in addition to his DP and fireball, he can now do a tatsu to combo into a knockdown, something nobody else can currently do.

Billy on the other hand was broken as hell. He backed Paul into the corner and kicked the crap out of him. All of his hits have -1 speed, but his super armor ability lets him continue into a combo when both players hit with an equal speed attack. This effectively put him back to +0 speed, except he'd take a little damage before starting his combo (offset a bit by having the highest health in the game). Worse, +1 damage per hit jacked up his damage to a whopping 7 on a full combo from A, nearly half a life bar. I will probably reduce his strike damage slightly (say, +1 damage to A and B) and reduce his speed another notch.

Overall I think it's getting there. I think the addition of character cards made the game a little harder to teach, but stuff still went smoothly when the other guy got the hang of it. Matches are more interesting now, but I hope the character abilities don't make them play too one-dimensionally. Goals right now are to cut down on the wordiness of cards, create a separate set of attack cards for each character that represents their abilities (as opposed to the current "single-card lookup table" format), and tune up the balance of the characters. People seem to want a tag-team variant of some kind, so I should think about coming up with that as well.

dhamster fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 14, 2016

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
More MELTWATER tweaks!

Meltwater's been pretty stable. But "stable" isn't good enough, I need "brilliant." So let's give it a good swift kick to see if I can make it fly farther.

As of v0.66, moving a stockpile costs only one action instead of two. I'm hoping this will allow for more dynamic piece-stealing plays.

Also pushed through a map update, which hopefully fixes the visual clutter problem.

New PNP files are here. You'll need to reprint cardsheet 4, and I recommend reprinting the map.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I​ ​put​ ​my​ ​game​ ​out​ ​for​ ​more​ ​playtesting​ ​yesterday ​and​ ​the​ ​results​ ​were​ ​a​ ​little​ ​mixed.​ ​First​ ​game,​ ​we tested​ ​out​ ​Marv​ ​for​ ​the​ ​first​ ​time​ ​and​ ​he​ ​was​ ​a​ ​bit..​ ​confusing​ ​to​ ​work​ ​with.​ ​His​ ​moves​ ​were​ ​quite different​ ​from​ ​the​ ​basic​ ​set​ ​of​ ​normals,​ ​so​ ​there​ ​was​ ​a​ ​lot​ ​of​ ​going​ ​back​ ​and​ ​checking​ ​his character​ ​card​ ​to​ ​see​ ​how​ ​his​ ​moves​ ​worked.​ ​I'm​ ​going​ ​to​ ​have​ ​to​ ​start​ ​making​ ​a​ ​set​ ​of​ ​attack cards for​ ​each​ ​character,​ ​as​ ​I​ ​mentioned​ ​in​ ​my​ ​last​ ​post.

Second​ ​game,​ ​I​ ​guided​ ​two​ ​playtesters​ ​through​ ​the​ ​game​ ​instead​ ​of​ ​playing​ ​it​ ​myself.​ ​That​ ​one didn't​ ​go​ ​so​ ​well.​ ​I​ ​was​ ​a​ ​little​ ​disorganized​ ​when​ ​describing​ ​the​ ​game​ ​mechanics,​​ one​ ​of the​ ​testers​ ​got​ ​lost​ ​quickly,​ ​and​ ​he​ ​was​ pretty​ ​checked​ ​out​ ​for​ ​the​ ​rest​ ​of​ ​the​ ​session.​ ​He​ ​was really​ ​put​ ​off​ ​by​ ​the​ ​amount​ ​of​ ​text​ ​on​ ​the​ ​cards,​ ​and​ ​it​ ​took​ ​him​ ​a​ ​couple​ ​turns​ ​to​ ​figure​ ​out​ ​what he​ ​was​ ​doing. By​ ​the​ ​end​ ​of​ ​the​ ​game​ ​they seemed to get the gist of​ ​how​ ​to​ ​play​ ​just​ ​fine,​ ​but​ ​their verdict​ ​was​ ​that​ ​it​ ​was​ ​a​ ​good​ ​simulation​ ​of​ ​Street​ ​Fighter,​ ​but​ ​they​ ​weren't​ ​sure how well how it worked as a card game.​ ​One​ ​of​ ​them​ ​suggested​ ​that​ ​I​ ​could​ ​implement the transparency system from Mystic Vale to make it easier to understand card combinations... but that seemed like a bit of a weird idea.

I had already known that the amount of text on the cards was a problem, so I am going to make it a priority to reduce the word count of the cards, first by moving non-vital text off the cards (and into the rulebook/reference cards, as needed) and second by introducing some iconography.

Later in the evening I trimmed down the text on the wordier combat cards, and played against a friend on Tabletop Simulator. I was very careful this time to explain how the game worked in a logical way: this is you, your objective is to do this, this is what you do each turn. Attacks do this, blocks do this, throws do this. Here's how a knockdown works, and so on. Although he didn't have much experience with board games, he caught on quickly.

So I think my work is more or less cut out for me. I need to make the game more legible to a new player, through simplifying the cards and/or providing some kind of “quick start” manual. I have a friend who works in graphic design who wants to collaborate and provide some card designs, so that might really help the game's accessibility.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL

Yeah, it seemed like there were a fair bit of interactions that could be tricky to keep track of, especially when trying to learn the core game play.

And yeah, its super important to be thorough with rules explanations - its so easy to slide over something when either teaching or transcribing your rules that could be game breaking. But at the same time, often interest is limited and listening to rules can drain all of a potential playtesters interest.

It might also be helpful to replace some of the symbols with terminology (like the -> being replaced by Advance, <- being replaced by Retreat - that is how those two are supposed to work or do I have that wrong?) so as to remove the confusion that <- can mean move right depending on your opponents position.

Not sure what to make of that mystic vale commentary either - the only way I can see how to take advantage of clear cards would either give opponents too much information or make it too easy to cheat and gain information.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

Yeah, nobody wants to sit through a lengthy rules lecture. Still, I think my more successful rules explanation didn't take much longer than my fumbled one... it was just structured more clearly.

I think a big part of the problem is that one of the testers was having a hard time figuring out what his cards did by looking at them. With a few combat cards in that version, I was burying the lede by not simply stating something like "throws beat blocks" or "blocks cancel attacks" prominently at the top of the card. We're working on a new layout now that might help stuff be easier to interpret at a glance.

Agreed on the arrows. In my latest build I kept them on just the absolute movement cards. For anything referring to a relative direction, I started saying "forward" and "back" for now.

dhamster fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 20, 2016

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
So I got a weird idea for a deck / tableau builder (with strong Mage Knight influences.)

The theme is you are adventurers in training, preparing for your first major quest.

You start the game with a deck of Resources and a tableau of Techniques.

Gameplay would go something like this.

At the start of the game and then at the end of each of your turns you draw until you have 3 Resource cards in hand.

You play Resource Cards to generate Resources (Basic Resources are Physical, Social, and Mental [placeholder names of course.])

You spend resources on your techniques to perform actions. Most Techniques can only be activated once per turn, but some are 'Repeatable' and can be used as many times per turn as a player has resources to pay for them. At the start of the game you can repeatably spend Physical for Attack, Social for Carouse, and Mental for Training.

Attack is used to spar with foes. When you defeat them, you add them as new resources to your deck.
Carouse is used to convince people to 'lend' you equipment. Equipment can typically be used once per round for some effect. (Many turns per Round.)
Train is used to learn new Techniques.

Does that make any sense / sound interesting at all?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hi all, just found out this thread exists. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it! I was directed from the main board game thread since I am currently working on a game. It is a pirate themed worker placement that has both an individual player board you can assign workers to, as well as a larger main game board that you can assign workers to. I think this is a good way to touch on the players who enjoy the solitaire aspect of some worker placement games but also has the option for a lot of player interaction if the players choose that aspect to focus on. I realize that's a real rough idea, but does that sound really bizarre/complicated having two action boards or does it sound workable?

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Hi all, just found out this thread exists. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it! I was directed from the main board game thread since I am currently working on a game. It is a pirate themed worker placement that has both an individual player board you can assign workers to, as well as a larger main game board that you can assign workers to. I think this is a good way to touch on the players who enjoy the solitaire aspect of some worker placement games but also has the option for a lot of player interaction if the players choose that aspect to focus on. I realize that's a real rough idea, but does that sound really bizarre/complicated having two action boards or does it sound workable?
That doesn't sound complicated, but how would the playerboard actions be different from a normal-board action that any number of players can take?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The worst submarine posted:

That doesn't sound complicated, but how would the playerboard actions be different from a normal-board action that any number of players can take?

The current iteration has it set up as follows:

Players may assign pirates to various actions on their boat (movement/navigation, cannons, rowing) to determine how their boat will move on the main board. These actions resolve (including ship/ship combat), then players can assign/choose actions on the main board based on their location. There are islands that have treasure as well as native clans players can interact with and use against each other, and there are port cities that will have different actions that can be chosen by players. Might be a bit too much as it stands but that is where we're currently at.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
So I’ve been trying to think of ways to add customization to a card-based game without resorting to a straight-up CCG, or resorting to billions of cards in a box. I’ve come up with the idea for a deckbuilder, but each player has their own personal stack of cards to draw from. Each stack would be themed as a weapon that the player is using, like Dual Swords. Players would start with a handful of default cards, and then add cards from the Dual Swords deck into their own personal one - this way the player has customization in their playstyle, but it’s still constrained within one cohesive theme. For example a dual swords player could just take pure damage cards, or they could choose tricksy sneak attack cards, or status effect cards, or any combination of those.

My main concern with this is that I’m worried it might be too confusing or unwieldy for each player to have “two” decks - a big deck to buy cards from, and a smaller deck that they actually draw and play cards from. This may also mean two discard piles as well. What do you guys think?

I’ve also been playing with ways for players to “buy” their cards. I’m actually considering something as simple as just at the start of your turn, you look at the top three cards of the master deck and add one to your hand / discard pile / deck. The cost being not done through currency / resources, but through needing to make wise choices to not bog down your deck and make it inefficient.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Doesn't really seem complicated. The cards in your hand come from your personal deck and the cards you can buy come from a shared pool. Cards you buy move from the shared pool to your personal deck. Isn't that how most games work?

Regarding cost and picking cards, draw 3 pick 1 every turn seems extremely boring to me (unless i'm misunderstanding). With no associated cost, you will almost always have a situation where option X is strictly better than option Y but strictly worse than option Z and it just becomes a repetitive game very quickly.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The part I’m worried that might be confusing isn’t that there’s a shared deck of cards everyone buys from, each person would have their own personal deck that they buy from. So let’s say I use Dual Swords, I have a Dual Swords deck that I can buy cards from and nobody else can. You use Hammer, so you have a Hammer deck that only you buy cards from. I guess this loses some of the interesting bits of deckbuilding (aka figuring out what other people are building and accounting for that), but i’m mostly trying to figure out a way to add in customization without bogging things down a ton or losing out on theme.

And that’s true, I was thinking in my head that the choices would instead be about trying to make combos of cards using what’s already in your deck, but maybe it’d too often just be “this is the best choice”

For reference, i’m trying to work this system into a game I’ve been working on. The main problems are:
-I want something with customization
-I want to keep the themes of various weapons fairly strong and constrained
-I don’t currently have any type of resource systems, aside from energy used to play the cards themselves

So that was the solution I’ve come up with. I suppose I could try to work in a new resource system, but I feel at that point it’s just adding in complication to bandaid design problems instead of actually fixing those problems.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

CodfishCartographer posted:

The part I’m worried that might be confusing isn’t that there’s a shared deck of cards everyone buys from, each person would have their own personal deck that they buy from. So let’s say I use Dual Swords, I have a Dual Swords deck that I can buy cards from and nobody else can. You use Hammer, so you have a Hammer deck that only you buy cards from. I guess this loses some of the interesting bits of deckbuilding (aka figuring out what other people are building and accounting for that), but i’m mostly trying to figure out a way to add in customization without bogging things down a ton or losing out on theme.

And that’s true, I was thinking in my head that the choices would instead be about trying to make combos of cards using what’s already in your deck, but maybe it’d too often just be “this is the best choice”

For reference, i’m trying to work this system into a game I’ve been working on. The main problems are:
-I want something with customization
-I want to keep the themes of various weapons fairly strong and constrained
-I don’t currently have any type of resource systems, aside from energy used to play the cards themselves

So that was the solution I’ve come up with. I suppose I could try to work in a new resource system, but I feel at that point it’s just adding in complication to bandaid design problems instead of actually fixing those problems.

What if there was a shared deck that everyone was buying from, but not every weapon can use every card? Give each card a row of symbols or whatnot showing which weapons can use it, with different weapons overlapping parts of their shared deck with other weapons. e.g., you have a staff. Staves have various properties: they're blunt weapons, they're long, they're good for blocking. So you can specialize in different things with your staff fighting style, which are shared with other weapons. You're competing with the mace wielder for "bash guy over head" cards and you're competing with the spear wielder for "poke guy from a distance" cards, but the mace and spear guy aren't really competing with each other--they have other parts of their decks that they're competing with other weapons with.

The main problem with this approach is that it becomes vastly harder to balance the draws/offer from the main deck when you can't guarantee that every card available to a player is relevant to them. There are workarounds, but it complicates things. It does have some ancillary benefits, though, like potentially cutting down on the total number of cards (e.g. you don't need print as many near-identical cards across different decks, because you can use a smaller shared pool of identical cards.)

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Straight White Shark posted:

What if there was a shared deck that everyone was buying from, but not every weapon can use every card? Give each card a row of symbols or whatnot showing which weapons can use it, with different weapons overlapping parts of their shared deck with other weapons. e.g., you have a staff. Staves have various properties: they're blunt weapons, they're long, they're good for blocking. So you can specialize in different things with your staff fighting style, which are shared with other weapons. You're competing with the mace wielder for "bash guy over head" cards and you're competing with the spear wielder for "poke guy from a distance" cards, but the mace and spear guy aren't really competing with each other--they have other parts of their decks that they're competing with other weapons with.

The main problem with this approach is that it becomes vastly harder to balance the draws/offer from the main deck when you can't guarantee that every card available to a player is relevant to them. There are workarounds, but it complicates things. It does have some ancillary benefits, though, like potentially cutting down on the total number of cards (e.g. you don't need print as many near-identical cards across different decks, because you can use a smaller shared pool of identical cards.)

Hmm, that could definitely work! I already have some guidelines in mind for each weapon that would line up with that sort of thing nicely. I will say that the game is cooperative, and so competing over cards isn’t something that necessarily encouraged - although, players trying to work together to figure out how best to distribute cards is in the right ballpark. The fact that it’s cooperative could also put a bit of a damper on a situation where players have no cards available to them to draw, because another player getting the cards is still helping the team.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
So I'm gonna do that thing where I dump a game idea in here. Any feedback would be appreciated, just keep in mind its completely untested so numbers might be hilariously broken. So without further ado, I give you Monster Harvester:

Monster Harvester posted:

You have 2 key resources: Meat and Bone.
Bone is used to create gear for the Hunt from your developed Innovations.
Meat is used to fuel the Harvesting -> to fight, to explore, etc.
Inspiration is used to create new innovations at the end of the hunt.

Basic Set Up

Village Farm | Innovation
At the start of your turn gain 2 Meat and 1 Bone.

Broken Bones | Innovation
BONE DAGGER
COST - 1 Bone.
EFFECT - This Hunt once per combat you may spend 2 Meat for 3 Attack.
EAT MARROW
COST - 1 Bone. Use this ability once per Hunt.
EFFECT - Gain 1 Meat.

Struggle | Innovation
BARE HANDS
COST - 1 Meat.
EFFECT - This combat, gain 1 Attack.
FEAST
COST - 2 Meat.
EFFECT - Gain 1 Innovation.

Monster Hunter | Innovation
DESPERATION
COST - Use this ability once per Hunt.
EFFECT - Encounter 1 Monster.
HUNT
COST - 1 Meat.
EFFECT - Encounter 1 Monster.

The Hunt
The player who has most recently hunted goes first. They may encounter one monster, then the next player may encounter one monster, etc. This continues until all players have declined to encounter a monster. Then the turn ends. The game ends once a turn goes by without any encounters. Then the player with the most inspiration worth of Innovations wins.

Monsters
Monsters can be encountered once per Hunt phase. If a monster is encountered a second time it is Overharvested and can no longer be Encountered. It is replaced by the next tier of Monster of that type.

Tier 1
Zombie | Undead
Health 2
Reward - 1 Bone and 1 Inspiration.

Goblin | Vermin
Health 3
Reward - 1 Meat and 1 Inspiration.

Orc | Predator
Health 4
Reward - 1 Meat, 1 Bone, and 1 Innovation.

Tier 2
Ghoul | Undead
Health 4
Reward - 3 Meat and 1 Bone.

Kobold | Vermin
Health 5
Reward - 3 Inspiration.

Ogre | Predator
Health 6
Reward - 2 Meat, 2 Bone, and 1 Innovation.

Tier 3
Vampire | Undead
Health 6
Reward - 2 Bone and 2 Innovation.

Boggart | Vermin
Health 7
Reward - 2 Meat, 1 Bone, and 2 Inspiration.

Giant | Predator
Health 8
Reward - 4 Meat and 2 Bone.

Innovations
At the end of each turn you may spend any accumulated Inspiration on Innovations. You may buy multiple of the same Innovation, but there is no reason to do so for anything other than the Graveyard and Farm.

Graveyard | Cost 2
At the start of your turn, gain 1 Bone.

Farm | Cost 3
At the start of your turn, gain 1 Meat.

Bone Worker | Cost 2
BONE SWORD
COST - 2 Bone.
EFFECT - Once per combat this Hunt you may spend 2 Meat for 4 Attack.
BONE SPEAR
COST - 3 Bone.
EFFECT - This combat, gain 4 Attack.

BONE SMITH | Cost 4
BONE BLADE
COST - 3 Bone.
EFFECT - Once per combat this Hunt you may spend 2 Meat for 5 Attack.
BONE FEAST
COST - 3 Bone.
EFFECT - Gain 2 Meat.

Hmm, that could definitely work! I already have some guidelines in mind for each weapon that would line up with that sort of thing nicely. I will say that the game is cooperative, and so competing over cards isn’t something that necessarily encouraged - although, players trying to work together to figure out how best to distribute cards is in the right ballpark. The fact that it’s cooperative could also put a bit of a damper on a situation where players have no cards available to them to draw, because another player getting the cards is still helping the team.

Interesting. When you first started talking about this I envisioned each weapon having an individual market for advanced actions that they could buy with 'Glory' earned from attacking the monster.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Anniversary posted:

So I'm gonna do that thing where I dump a game idea in here. Any feedback would be appreciated, just keep in mind its completely untested so numbers might be hilariously broken. So without further ado, I give you Monster Harvester:

Interesting! I like the theming of meat and bone for your resources, that’s super flavorful and immediately paints a really cool mental picture. I’m not totally sure I get the gameplay flow, though. The point is that as rounds go by, everyone fights some monsters, then spends Inspiration to get upgrades (which let them kill stronger monsters for better rewards)? With the ultimate goal being to get the most total Inspiration spent? It feels a little weird that the goal is to get the most inspiration “worth” of innovations. I would expect there to be some kind of VP system or something, to make the decision of what upgrade to purchase more difficult and engaging - do you progress towards victory, or upgrade yourself so you can progress faster later on? That kinda thing.

Anniversary posted:

Interesting. When you first started talking about this I envisioned each weapon having an individual market for advanced actions that they could buy with 'Glory' earned from attacking the monster.

This was my initial idea, yeah. Each player gets a weapon, each wepaon has a unique market, so each player has their own personal market that only they purchase from.

thinking about glory / resources has gotten me some ideas for some options.

Idea 1: Each limb on the monster has a pool of health counters, and when you damage you remove those, taking them as glory which you can spend on cards.

Idea 2: Since players would use energy to play cards, maybe when you buy a card you need to refill a small amount of stamina - if you can’t refill enough stamina for that card, you can’t buy it. So upgrading your deck gives double duty - refilling your energy and giving you new options. More powerful cards would thus be more expensive to both buy and to play, since their energy cost would be the same. But then playing expensive cards would allow you to buy more expensive cards, or maybe multiple cheaper ones if you want.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL

Interesting! I like the theming of meat and bone for your resources, that’s super flavorful and immediately paints a really cool mental picture. I’m not totally sure I get the gameplay flow, though. The point is that as rounds go by, everyone fights some monsters, then spends Inspiration to get upgrades (which let them kill stronger monsters for better rewards)? With the ultimate goal being to get the most total Inspiration spent? It feels a little weird that the goal is to get the most inspiration “worth” of innovations. I would expect there to be some kind of VP system or something, to make the decision of what upgrade to purchase more difficult and engaging - do you progress towards victory, or upgrade yourself so you can progress faster later on? That kinda thing.
I like the idea of having VP be a thing so you actually have to make choices to that end - I mostly threw in the Innovation win condition because I didn't have anything better and wanted to have a win condition for what I had.

And the gameplay flow is still rough, yeah. Its essentially a resource management problem which is slightly complicated by having to worry about your opponents making the only thing you could fight successfully extinct.

One thing I like that's really dark thematically is to fight harder monsters you have to make weaker monsters go extinct. And you can force extinctions to mess with your opponents / etc.

There's definitely a ton of room to put some meat on the metaphorical bones of the design (I'm... I'm sorry for that one), but I'll have to give it a play to see where would be best to do that.

quote:

This was my initial idea, yeah. Each player gets a weapon, each wepaon has a unique market, so each player has their own personal market that only they purchase from.

thinking about glory / resources has gotten me some ideas for some options.

Idea 1: Each limb on the monster has a pool of health counters, and when you damage you remove those, taking them as glory which you can spend on cards.

Idea 2: Since players would use energy to play cards, maybe when you buy a card you need to refill a small amount of stamina - if you can’t refill enough stamina for that card, you can’t buy it. So upgrading your deck gives double duty - refilling your energy and giving you new options. More powerful cards would thus be more expensive to both buy and to play, since their energy cost would be the same. But then playing expensive cards would allow you to buy more expensive cards, or maybe multiple cheaper ones if you want.
So in idea 2, the more exhausted you are the more you can upgrade to regain energy?

I don't know if this is your goal off of this, but I could see this being a really neat hidden timer of sorts. You have to manage your energy, and your energy regeneration is based on an nonrenewable resource that makes you more powerful, but upgrading removes the ability to regenerate energy in the future.

Actually, and this may be going to far afield, but what if cards you hadn't yet added to your deck represented your passive energy regeneration - gaining them to your deck would give you a large one time boost in energy, but they would stop providing passive generation, so you had to manage your energy, energy regeneration, and power level during gameplay by timing your upgrades for long term and short term gains.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Anniversary posted:

I like the idea of having VP be a thing so you actually have to make choices to that end - I mostly threw in the Innovation win condition because I didn't have anything better and wanted to have a win condition for what I had.

And the gameplay flow is still rough, yeah. Its essentially a resource management problem which is slightly complicated by having to worry about your opponents making the only thing you could fight successfully extinct.

One thing I like that's really dark thematically is to fight harder monsters you have to make weaker monsters go extinct. And you can force extinctions to mess with your opponents / etc.

There's definitely a ton of room to put some meat on the metaphorical bones of the design (I'm... I'm sorry for that one), but I'll have to give it a play to see where would be best to do that.
Oh, I hadn’t really read it as making the monsters go “extinct”, merely that when a monster dies, a more powerful one replaces it. Thinking about it, would it be possible for a player to be in a situation where all the monsters are so strong, they couldn’t possibly beat any of them? Speaking of which, what happens when a player can’t beat a monster, are they just unable to fight it?

I like that your monster types seem to be dedicated around specific resources, to give players more motivation to fight specific ones, but I think you might want to try and make resources have more obvious value. I know what they’re used for, but you want to be sure that there’s the motivation and opportunity to deny resources. Sure, I might know that Player A wants Bone so I can beat him to the punch, but why do that if I can get Meat which helps me instead?

Maybe this is moving a bit far away from your intention, but I get the impression that killing a monster, while a common enough event, is kind of a Big Deal and thus should have more big impressions. If someone kills the Zombie, it should be something that effects everyone at the table. Maybe it already does? It’s a little hard to tell just looking at numbers, though.

Anniversary posted:

So in idea 2, the more exhausted you are the more you can upgrade to regain energy?

I don't know if this is your goal off of this, but I could see this being a really neat hidden timer of sorts. You have to manage your energy, and your energy regeneration is based on an nonrenewable resource that makes you more powerful, but upgrading removes the ability to regenerate energy in the future.

Actually, and this may be going to far afield, but what if cards you hadn't yet added to your deck represented your passive energy regeneration - gaining them to your deck would give you a large one time boost in energy, but they would stop providing passive generation, so you had to manage your energy, energy regeneration, and power level during gameplay by timing your upgrades for long term and short term gains.

More or less, yeah! If you’re only slightly exhausted, you can only get a weaker upgrade. If you’re at your limit, you can buy a whole bunch of stuff (and want to in order to regain lots of stamina). Although typing this out, I now realize it’s a similar situation to what I suggested with VPs with your game - there’s no real tough decision with just choosing the best upgrades, since players will probably want to spend most of their energy anyways, unless there’s some negative to doing that often. Maybe they become more vulnerable when their energy is low? Maybe they need to skip their turn in order to make a purchase and restore energy by resting?

I hadn’t considered it as a possible timer, but that’s a neat idea. I like the concept of giving up a long-term energy source for a short-term burst, but in practice it might feel a little weird. I dunno, I’ll play around with it! I feel like there’s definitely something cool there.

I do already have more of a hard timer in the game though, which behaves similarly. Monsters have various limbs that you can attack, which have their own health. Each round that goes by where a limb isn’t broken (reaches 0 health), a rage timer increases. When it maxes out, the hunters lose. When a limb is broken, the rage timer resets down to 0. If you attack a broken limb, you instead deal damage to the monster itself, and reducing its health all the way down to 0 is the win state. So players need to juggle breaking limbs with damaging the monster. If you just burst down all the limbs super fast, you’ll have no way of resetting the timer. Conversely, if you spread out too thin to try and whittle down all the limbs at once, you won’t be able to kill them all before the rate timer maxes out.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL

Oh, I hadn’t really read it as making the monsters go “extinct”, merely that when a monster dies, a more powerful one replaces it. Thinking about it, would it be possible for a player to be in a situation where all the monsters are so strong, they couldn’t possibly beat any of them? Speaking of which, what happens when a player can’t beat a monster, are they just unable to fight it?

I like that your monster types seem to be dedicated around specific resources, to give players more motivation to fight specific ones, but I think you might want to try and make resources have more obvious value. I know what they’re used for, but you want to be sure that there’s the motivation and opportunity to deny resources. Sure, I might know that Player A wants Bone so I can beat him to the punch, but why do that if I can get Meat which helps me instead?

Maybe this is moving a bit far away from your intention, but I get the impression that killing a monster, while a common enough event, is kind of a Big Deal and thus should have more big impressions. If someone kills the Zombie, it should be something that effects everyone at the table. Maybe it already does? It’s a little hard to tell just looking at numbers, though.
Yeah, once a monster has been Overharvested it's removed from the game and replaced by the next higher monster of that type (Undead, Vermin, Predator, etc).

I was talking to a friend about this and they echoed several of your worries and I think I have some ideas of how to resolve them.

Currently it is possible to be in a situation where you can't beat any monsters on that turn. I think I'm resolving this by making resources carry over between turns (this will also make figuring out reward math a lot easier).

And yeah, to encounter a monster you have to be able to generate attack >= its health in order to perform the encounter. If you fail to do so, the game state is rewound to before you tried to do so. Though I think this is a little inelegant, so reworking this is on my list of goals.

As to optimizing play, that tension is where I anticipate the meat of the game being. As that's where it develops beyond math puzzle and into more game-y territory.

And yeah, you are completely right on the Big Deal observation; though determining the proper conveyance for that is something I'm still working on. Maybe in play it will be obvious, but I agree that just looking at the numbers it seems rather dry/lacking.

VP talk: One idea I currently have is that maybe making a monster go extinct is worth some extra VP at end game? Speaking of VP, I've reworked it so that now Innovations have VP values (that are distinct from their Inspiration cost) and there's a couple that are primarily useful just for their VP.

quote:

I do already have more of a hard timer in the game though, which behaves similarly. Monsters have various limbs that you can attack, which have their own health. Each round that goes by where a limb isn’t broken (reaches 0 health), a rage timer increases. When it maxes out, the hunters lose. When a limb is broken, the rage timer resets down to 0. If you attack a broken limb, you instead deal damage to the monster itself, and reducing its health all the way down to 0 is the win state. So players need to juggle breaking limbs with damaging the monster. If you just burst down all the limbs super fast, you’ll have no way of resetting the timer. Conversely, if you spread out too thin to try and whittle down all the limbs at once, you won’t be able to kill them all before the rate timer maxes out.
Is that a new damage system? It's been a while since I read the rules to Behemoth (if this is that?) but it sounds like that's a pretty significant change that sounds really interesting.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Anniversary posted:

Is that a new damage system? It's been a while since I read the rules to Behemoth (if this is that?) but it sounds like that's a pretty significant change that sounds really interesting.

Yup, it is! It's a pretty massive overhaul, in order to fix some major problems with the old system. The old system used the deck of behemoth cards as its health, which limited my design space by restricting how much damage cards can do. The new system gives me a lot more flexibility with what cards can do, and also gives me more fine control over the number of rounds and game length.

The deck building thing is less concrete but is also a major change. One of the major design goals with the game is to give players options to make cool card combos. Previously I had premade decks, which did accomplish that, but limits the long-term discovery of the game. Once you figure out how to play X deck, you know how to play it and that's that. I want to add an element of customization so that players can explore many more avenues of gameplay within each deck.

A secondary goal with customization is to keep player roles a bit flexible. Since I'm making the game co-op, I want there to be roles for players to take on to keep multiple playthroughs interesting. Rather than explicitly saying "Lance is the tank weapon, dual swords are the damage dealer" etc, I wanted to give each weapon a few possible roles, and let the players decide how they will divvy up those roles. Players should be able to dedicate to one specific role if they want, or they can meld two roles together if they want. Maybe one person is a dedicated support, but the other two are a mix of tank and damage dealer each. That sorta thing! That's the goal, anyways. The idea being that with flexible roles like this, it gives more opportunities for players to make unique combos with varying goals.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I would like to see a game based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms where you construct a deck that contains armies and commands, but no officers. You choose a leader that you keep, and you choose a selection of officers that go into a draft pile. Shuffle and distribute, all players choose an officer and put it face down and flip at the same time, so you can see who is choosing which officers, and try to counter their selections. Then you play it like any LCG once you have your officer list. Officers are face up until eliminated from the game, and when they are eliminated, you lose whatever options they gave you for the game. You are out of the game when you must lose an officer but all your officers are dead. The winner is whoever is alive at the end of the game.

Anything like this exist already?

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
I've been working on a card game over the last year in the time I've had free from my children. I'll update you with all fifteen minutes of it's development when I get a chance. It's like behemoth but garbage.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
So it's exactly like behemoth

CodfishCartographer fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Dec 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
All joking aside, I'm excited to see what you've come up with!