Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016
As he tries to wipe away the tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Vandull are basically hairless Kilrathi.

Counter-point, the Kilrathi were in a video game that was ultimately released

Though the Kilrathi are blatantly stolen from the Known Space series, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kzin

Bolow fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 16, 2016

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

new thread title please.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Xaerael posted:

It's one of those freakishly expensive, yet badly made things. Low to mid four figures, probably, if the brand is right. (It probably is).

Further inspection, it's a YSL bag that's no where to be found on the internet. So it's probably an ultra limited run store only thing, so yeah, four figures.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:
lmao this is new

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361764/community-management/p6

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

• Chris announces 2.6 has been "rolled into" 3.0 because of unexpectedly quick progress on some of the 3.0 functionality
  • New list of promised 3.0 features, no release date. "We want to really polish this up for you guys etcetera"
  • Concept ship sale, new cash only
  • Holiday sale with some previously unavailable LTI ships cash only
  • :smugmoma: in the thread

• fail
  • fail, lots of whining about sq42 though
  • fail, too obvious
  • fail, can't be bothered to check it up
  • somehow failed this one too

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Xaerael posted:

Further inspection, it's a YSL bag that's no where to be found on the internet. So it's probably an ultra limited run store only thing, so yeah, four figures.

Cheers, good to know that at least someone at CIG gets a good return of investment.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

MOMA, Lazrin, kinkynookie or whatever the gently caress you're called...

NSFW or Children
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWMXgWagn6M
NSFW

Could use some snippets of the livestream edited in, I'm not good at that stuff.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Which change would that be? The exact same twats are still there as far as I can tell

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Which change would that be? The exact same twats are still there as far as I can tell

The " as requested by CIG "

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

quote:

Player Relations
If Player Relations is unfamiliar to you, it’s because it’s just been created! CIG Player Relations encompasses three areas: Game Support, E-Commerce Support (formerly Customer Service) and Community Support, with Will Leverett as Director of Player Relations overseeing the global department out of Austin, Texas, and Ray Roocroft managing the UK team.

We’ve worked hard to combine our US and UK support teams into a single organization that can mobilize to expedite support for the backers, and there was no better example than the work that the team did each and every day of the November Anniversary Live Stream and Sale. Special kudos go to Kraiklyn and CDanks for doubling up on live stream support.

We spent the later part of the month preparing 2.6.0 to go to the Evocati, and a very special thanks goes to Proxus, Mac, and George for their efforts in managing the test environments. They’ve spent countless nights and weekends working on Star Marine with our volunteer testers, and we’re excited that we’re getting close to pushing the build out to a wider audience.

Neither of the (former?) community managers are mentioned.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Why is Sandi wearing The Countess's throat slashing fingerpiece from American Horror Story?

#stimpireisreal

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Thank you, CIG. I haven't spent a penny on your "games" and yet you've provided more entertainment than any other gaming related item I've bought this season. Merry Christmas everyone! :pgabz:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bolow posted:

Counter-point, the Kilrathi were in a video game that was ultimately released

Though the Kilrathi are blatantly stolen from the Known Space series, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kzin

Right. So the Vanduul are a poor (hairless) copy of a poor copy.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ComposerGuy posted:

MOMA is going to come in here after a few days and tell us the stream went really well and you know it.

Alternatively: Oh I wasn't REALLY expecting anything great, just some silly fun!

He's going to say he didn't watch it because he was busy with something else

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Xaerael posted:

Why is Sandi wearing The Countess's throat slashing fingerpiece from American Horror Story?

#stimpireisreal

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

3. Sandi will wear something that makes us all go "WTF".

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

He's going to say he didn't watch it because he was busy with something else

Weeping like a small child would be my guess.....

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361840/feeback-on-christmas-2016-livesteam-katamarii/p1

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

speaking of the funding tracker - typically even the lamest of streams from cig will show a slight bump afterwards. any movement today?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Xaerael posted:

If your upload is good quality enough, I'll take a crack at it in soundbooth, but it's been a long time since I did and sound isolation/cleaning, so no one get too excited yet...

sounds good, or I hope it "sounds" good

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

So they showed NO new gameplay what so ever - of any kind.

They showed more art assets of which they have never been short of.

Art is not holding them back, programming is.

Where the gently caress is your gameplay Chris Roberts? I thought you where some poo poo hot game designer from the past? Why cant you show us these game system in play making true gameplay that is fun?

You make Peter Molyneux look like a gaming God (to be fair, I've enjoy a lot of his older games - Populous, Powermonger, Syndicate ect.)

Your a fake and a conman.

You and your wife are both nothing but deceptive wannabes.

Why is there a mild pool of sweat on the ground below me? ...... I'm melting down!

ABANDON POST, ABANDON POST

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

alf_pogs posted:

speaking of the funding tracker - typically even the lamest of streams from cig will show a slight bump afterwards. any movement today?

$110K in the last three hours.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
So the downsizing starts - all their visions and ideas will crumble under the weight of time and expectations into just a video game.

quote:

For MicroTech, we reduced the size and scale of our plan and focused on one dome only in an effort to make the planet a more feasible endeavor, while maximizing the visuals.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Yurop kicked Murrica's rear end.

That's something at least.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

alf_pogs posted:

:cripes:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

considering they just released 2 new lti ships and a ton of packages thats fairly low.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:sad:

That's like a few hundred ships, pretty weak

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Tarquinn posted:

Yurop kicked Murrica's rear end.

That's something at least.

Yes but, Europe got to play the match last week without much pressure, Murrica had to play their side of the same match a few hours before the stream.

:D

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

1, They're still a couple big blockers that are not ready for prime-time. There's some sort of new system in place that checks obstructions in real-time and relays that to the radar. However, this is a glitch that is bogging-down some clients. I don't expect a live release (or PTU) tomorrow.
2. Ship sale with a possible new concept.
3. Clip from SQ42 demo that was previously unseen.
4. Jared WILL be there.
5. Some technical speak involving the new coding (such as obstruction/radar link) and new flight models that will be released with 2.6

1. not a valid prediction. we already knew this
  2. not a valid prediction. this was a given
  3. fail
  4. not a valid prediction. this was a given
  5. fail

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheLightPurges posted:

considering they just released 2 new lti ships and a ton of packages thats fairly low.

Was going to say, two new ships, Christmas, bunch of cash only packages. That's in the toilet for them.

Mind you, it's really loving sad that dad's with new babies can offer a more professional stream environment while not making 100k while doing it. But that's this whole project for ya.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

1. not a valid prediction. we already knew this
  2. not a valid prediction. this was a given
  3. fail
  4. not a valid prediction. this was a given
  5. fail

There was technobabble though

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

MOMA hard at work on damage control:
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/361840/feeback-on-christmas-2016-livesteam-katamarii/p22

See you when your shift's over, friend.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wait wait customer support is now in austin? I thought they moved that to LA. No wonder we havent been seeing the regulars, they are probably being relocated

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

My 5 predictions:

1. croberts will recite, then write a cringe-worthy missive asking for money, making excuses, making new promises for 2017
    CALLED IT! // see latest newsletter
  2. 2.6 will be delayed; and if they are smart, pushed into 2017. the schedule will be updated to reflect this CALLED IT!
  3. they will play 2.6 Star Marine on local LAN because doing it across the internet - the environment it was designed for - is shite it was 8v8 (the max before CE3 falls over) over the Internet. so much for 12v12 <--- lol @ MoMa
  4. no meaningful SQ42 reveal - of any kind CALLED IT!
  5. no meaningful 3.0 reveal - of any kind CALLED IT!

BOMBSHELL BONUS: They won't mention anything about i) no money to finish the game ii) on-going Federal investigations, iii) the fact that quite a few key team members have either recently left or have put in their notice (Dec being their exit month) to leave, iv) they are going to be down-sizing the studios in 2017

ps:

As of Dec 16th, with 2.6 still MIA and 3.0 still a pipe dream, these are the major releases this year since 2.0

v2.0 (patch notes), Dec 12, 2015
v2.1.0, Jan 15, 2016
v2.2.0, March 4, 2016
v2.3.0, March 26, 2016
v2.4.0, June 9, 2016
v2.5.0, Aug 25, 2016

And during this period, these are ALL the Star Marine updates. Yet, here we are, over a year later, and they still can't get it working.

AUGUST 22ND 2015
AUGUST 29TH 2015
SEPTEMBER 19TH 2015
OCTOBER 23RD 2015

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 16, 2016

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
So if Ben and Lando are no longer the community team, what do they do there? Well beyond being shoved in front of cameras in clown costumes.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Backers will never know

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Drunk Theory posted:

So if Ben and Lando are no longer the community team, what do they do there? Well beyond being shoved in front of cameras in clown costumes.

Funny you should mention that, wasn't Lando's previous gig as a baseball mascot? It seems that old habits die hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Reddit seems to be taking this well..