Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Up Circle posted:

I know it will upset the SAS hivemind but I stand with with Boatman56.

Yes, it is true that a hivemind is the only possible way that a group of people could ever form a general consensus of opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dexo posted:

Boy is *insert mid to low level player here* happy that Lebron James and his billion dollar shoe deal aren't included in the BRI.

???

Not what I was talking about but cool snark.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

euphronius posted:

???

Not what I was talking about but cool snark.

Then what were you talking about?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Intruder posted:

I'd be much more inclined to believe that was a goon if it was a long rant about how Jordan was roiding

My proudest accomplishment

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dexo posted:

Then what were you talking about?

Putting the 50/50 in context. Yes it seems unfair that it is lower than before but player income from sponsorships has ballooned .

You are right that scrubs don't benefit and the minimum salaries should be raised .

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

For example Durant is getting like 30 million a year from Nike .

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Chairchucker posted:

Yes, it is true that a hivemind is the only possible way that a group of people could ever form a general consensus of opinion.

It's like two hundred weeks later and I'm still shaking my head in disgust laughter at your joke about bobby knight

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

euphronius posted:

For example Durant is getting like 30 million a year from Nike .

Unless they lose their top spot in the market, then he'll switch to Adidas

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Updating a previous item, in a story that nearly slipped past me, it appears the brontosaurus is back, baby, even for many of the piss pedants who killed it

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Can we consider this a mea culpa?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 17, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The 50/50 is still bullshit.

The Owners are all generally having their stadiums subsidised by tax payers.

They get so many tax breaks and poo poo.

While especially in the NBA the players are what people care about.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

EvanTH posted:

It's like two hundred weeks later and I'm still shaking my head in disgust laughter at your joke about bobby knight

I don't remember doing this or who that is but I probably did.

EDIT: Oh OK I found it.

Chairchucker fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 17, 2016

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

OzFactor posted:

Which one of you is this

It's none of us because it's Kobe.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

Updating a previous item, in a story that nearly slipped past me, it appears the brontosaurus is back, baby, even for many of the piss pedants who killed it

The New York Fuckin' Times posted:

For anyone who has ever been told by a smarty-pants 7-year-old, “There’s no such thing as Brontosaurus; it’s called Apatosaurus” — it is payback time.

gonna pop some wheelies in front of toys 'r us and tell those snot nosed kids they're a bunch of bitches. Hell yeah, it's back you motherfuckers. You dumb, fuckin' babies you don't know poo poo and santa claus is your dad.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My god windhorst is immense .

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

euphronius posted:

My god windhorst is immense .
I'm surprised he doesn't have a small moon orbiting him.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fast Luck posted:

Important basketball thread news, thank you.

(Not sarcastic, somehow!)

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/HerringtonNBA/status/809929502574919684

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
:(

https://twitter.com/hornets/status/809937150762434560

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

God, MKG's jumper looks even more hosed up in still form

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

How is this not physically painful to him. Maybe I'm getting old but I feel pain in 'bows just looking at that

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/releases/andersen-update-161216

gently caress. Birdman no 😭

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
non contact injury or was he talking poo poo so they put a clap into that boy

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

My Lil boy Kay Felder clearly set a screen so hard on him it popped his knee

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Up Circle posted:

I know it will upset the SAS hivemind but I stand with with Boatman56.

That reminds me of a goon who had heard about some Cubs trade from a guy named Assman56 or somethibg and the rumor ended up being true.

Ah, to remember when I cared about baseball.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
E: GDT post

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

and James Harden now has the most triple doubles in Rockets franchise history

chunkles fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 17, 2016

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
And Rockets set an NBA record with 24 threes in a game.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

the world is finally returned to the right course after Draymond flagrant fouled to prevent the Rockets from setting the record years ago.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Bulls are trash

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Kibner posted:

And Rockets set an NBA record with 24 threes in a game.

*regular season

:smugdog:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Oh Boogie.

http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/joyce-terhaar/article121429187.html#storylink=mainstage

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
When he's playing well he's like Dirk with a Chris Bosh body

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Dorian Finney-Smith is the next Jae Crowder, you heard it here first.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Andy Furillo is a huge poo poo bag to Cousins almost constantly and brought up Cousins' brother getting arrested in a column that had nothing to do with Jaleel Cousins. The profanity laced tirade boiled down to "say what you want about me but not my family"

#BoogieDidNothingWrong

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Raptors shot 54.7% tonight in a loss to the Hawks. Easy to do when you don't play defense and give up 69 points in a half and then get outrebounded by 16.

Speaking of 69 points, wtf happened to the Bulls

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

So I looked it up:

1986: Minimum $65,000, Salary Cap $3.6 million
1996: Minimum $200,000, Salary Cap $23 million
2006: Minimum $398,762, Salary Cap $53.15 million
2016: Minimum $543,741, Salary Cap $94.14 million

Ratio of Cap to Minimum:

1986: 55/1
1996: 115/1
2006: 133/1
2016: 173/1

GREED

straight up brolic posted:

...he's a loving team representative that isn't "well read enough of the CBA" to make a definitive statement.

:lol:

Crazy Ted posted:

I don't know how he managed the strength to go through three bone marrow transplants plus chemo.

Having three allogeneic stem cell transplants is pretty rare. He wasn't getting the conventional chemo treatment. At times he was on a very low constant dose.

Away all Goats posted:

Raptors shot 54.7% tonight in a loss to the Hawks. Easy to do when you don't play defense and give up 69 points in a half and then get outrebounded by 16.

Speaking of 69 points, wtf happened to the Bulls

[Insert Jimmy Butler quote about 3P shots not mattering here.]

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Tae posted:

Anthony Davis lost like 23 million because sports writers

They should probably do payouts by WS or PER or something. Keep the insane sportswriters out of the equation. :smugmrgw:

euphronius posted:

Baseball is so terrible what a horribly run sport. They crucify and ostracized their best player because they are dumb.

Mike Trout?

Henchman of Santa posted:

How bad does a commissioner have to be to not get into their Hall of Fame?

Maybe betting on the games and carrying out executions between innings for entertainment.

I was just going to mention that. Dead last in 3P% and 3PA. Hoiberg was supposed to be the offensive wave of the future or something. This whole world is one big lie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Owner bad, president bad, GM bad, coach bad, players beside Butler and Wade occasionally bad. And Butler while not bad can't play in any type of team concept.

• Locked thread