Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

magiccarpet posted:

The Fragile

which is my personal fav

Who doesn't like Fragile?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

BANME.sh posted:

You can buy more than one album :ssh:

Anyway, there's a digital version you can buy.

store.nin.com loads because it's hosted at shopify
Are you sure you can get Deviations digitally? Everything I'm finding, (other than the store site because I can't get it to load) is saying it's vinyl only.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

AFewBricksShy posted:

Are you sure you can get Deviations digitally? Everything I'm finding, (other than the store site because I can't get it to load) is saying it's vinyl only.

I thought you were talking about the new EP

Yeah looks like the fragile is vinyl only

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

Who doesn't like Fragile?

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/5799-the-fragile/

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Pitchfork are idiots, though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Well this was certainly a welcome surprise to find on Twitter :wth:

sleepwalkers posted:

All NIN albums are being rereleased on vinyl, along with the Natural Born Killers soundtrack.

Also, there's this:

I am so loving buying this.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Vince MechMahon posted:

Pitchfork are idiots, though.

Agreed.

Anyways, I sure do hope the direction on the new one follows Atticus' Error release. I could use a quick EP of pissed off after 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDn8HvoloxM

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Well this was certainly a welcome surprise to find on Twitter :wth:
I am so loving buying this.

I asked my girlfriend for the shirt for Christmas the instant I saw it.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

AFewBricksShy posted:

Despite Pitchfork giving me a minor heart attack by declaring it "LP only", NIN.com says the LP purchase also includes a digital copy. Of course, that still seems to indicate that there's no digital-ONLY version. But at least it's not literally JUST on vinyl because that would be stupid.

The statement on NIN.com is:
The Fragile: Deviations 1 will not be available on any digital services and only available in this format while this limited run lasts.

Which could just mean it won't be available for streaming. But it does sound like there won't be a "digital release" at all.

I guess he assumes it will be pirated anyway.

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 16, 2016

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sir Lemming posted:

Despite Pitchfork giving me a minor heart attack by declaring it "LP only", NIN.com says the LP purchase also includes a digital copy. Of course, that still seems to indicate that there's no digital-ONLY version. But at least it's not literally JUST on vinyl because that would be stupid.

The Fragile: Deviations 1 will not be available on any digital services and only available in this format while this limited run lasts.

Which could just mean it won't be available for streaming. But it does sound like there won't be a "digital release" at all.

My guess at the logic is that if you care enough to own it physically you will get this super deluxe collectors thing. If not, this is the internet, you know what to do.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Oh god I gotta wait a week until payday.

e: not even american but i'm getting that shirt

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Fragile is the first album I ever bought, so I'll pay this man whatever he wants to hear it whatever ancient-rear end format he wants me to have to.
I'll buy it on the off-chance it never gets a proper digital release, I suppose. It's not like a limited run NIN vinyl loses value anyway.

drat you, Trent.

Also early prediction is this EP is an auditory response to the Trump victory/lead in to Year Zero part 2.

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 17, 2016

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I can't spend my money fast enough. I got the new ep and the Fragile deviations. Glad I sold my Fragile vinyl for 250 bucks a few years ago.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Sir Lemming posted:

I picked up the ep and the deviations vinyl. It will at least look awesome on my wall, I'll frame it and hang it in my basement.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

AFewBricksShy posted:

I picked up the ep and the deviations vinyl. It will at least look awesome on my wall, I'll frame it and hang it in my basement.

Ooh, stealing this idea actually. I wonder if the art work is re-worked/unused stuff from David Carson. The typography on the new EP certainly fits his style so I guess it isn't impossible that Trent pulled him back in.

Also interesting to note that it's very specifically "Deviations 1".

Wonder if there's more already in the pipeline.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
^^^
It'd be cool if he did it on all his different albums. PHM demos and alternate versions have been out there forever though, so as long as he doesn't release stuff that's already available, I'll buy it.

Inspector_666 posted:

I want to listen to the gently caress outta this.
He released The Fragile instrumentals along with alternate versions and unreleased songs a few years back. It looks like there are quite a few other new ones here though, so I'm still definitely buying it.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Whoa, just catching up with all this! Finally got a good look at the store page. Just reading 12:01 release times is getting me hype, haha.

Kinda odd that Trent of all people is offering FLAC but not ALAC. Guess I'll just do a conversion so the album can actually be played on my Apple products. :spergin:
^^^^^^ btw does SperginGuy look like Trent to anyone else

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

IUG posted:

They have free shipping on whatever that physical thing is, so I said "why the hell not". I have all the other CDs, but got Hesitation Marks in FLAC. Since this comes with the FLAC too, I figured I might as well take a risk on whatever the physical thing is. NIN is worth $12 for the music, most likely.

The little blurb for that is great, made me seriously consider buying it.

magiccarpet posted:

Agreed.

Anyways, I sure do hope the direction on the new one follows Atticus' Error release. I could use a quick EP of pissed off after 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDn8HvoloxM

poo poo, I totally forgot about Error, that EP was good stuff.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 17, 2016

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I'm irrationally curious about the "physical component" but it seems destined to cause confusion as a Christmas gift.

"What is it?"
"Well it's, it's... it's a major award!"

I'll stick with Fragilé for now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sir Lemming posted:

"What is it?"
It's it.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Is this Fragile alternate remaster whatever-it-is thing seriously only coming out on vinyl? I look forward to torrenting it because lol gently caress vinyl fetishists.

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002
I just read the news on Rolling Stone (shut up, I'm old) and expected everyone here to have found it already. What's also mentioned in the article though:

quote:

Additionally, all of Nine Inch Nails' studio albums are getting re-released as "definitive editions" on vinyl. The first three releases are Broken, The Downward Spiral and The Fragile. They're set to ship in the spring with more to come next year.

"We want to present the catalog as it was intended to be, with no compromises," Reznor said. "That means a careful remastering of the audio from the original sources, a careful and painstaking recreation of the artwork, pristine materials, some surprises and an insane attention to detail that you probably won't notice ... but it matters to us. No extra bullshit and gimmicks – the 'real' records in their truest form available at a reasonable price." Reznor collaborated with art director John Crawford on the releases.

The Broken 12-inch will come with a seven-inch containing "Suck" b/w "Physical"; it contains "remastered artwork and secrets included." Similarly, The Downward Spiral contains "remastered artwork and more." And The Fragile contains "lots of details attended to that you may never notice but we care about." All of the audio was remastered in 2016.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nine-inch-nails-detail-not-the-actual-events-ep-w456483

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Really now, the long-awaited Fragile rerelease is a limited $80 vinyl? gently caress off with that bullshit.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

Really now, the long-awaited Fragile rerelease is a limited $80 vinyl? gently caress off with that bullshit.

This isn't a re-release. I mean, that's also happening, but that's not what this one is.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Am I crazy or was there still no mention of the previously promised tour Blu-Ray that was announced a couple years ago in this batch of news :lol:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

This isn't a re-release. I mean, that's also happening, but that's not what this one is.

I'll believe it when I have it in my hands because it's been talked about for a decade at this point.

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Am I crazy or was there still no mention of the previously promised tour Blu-Ray that was announced a couple years ago in this batch of news :lol:

Thanks for reminding me that this exists. But goddamn, how much is he sitting on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k3TYNXwzHQ

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

No it's 45 dollars but the crazy never before seen deluxe set of rare poo poo is 80 dollars.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'll believe it when I have it in my hands because it's been talked about for a decade at this point.

It's up on the website for $45.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Stryder posted:

I just read the news on Rolling Stone (shut up, I'm old) and expected everyone here to have found it already. What's also mentioned in the article though:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nine-inch-nails-detail-not-the-actual-events-ep-w456483

Those re-releases are already up on the store, if anyone's interested in picking those up.

There seems to be some confusion as to what all is getting released, but:
- New EP, digital/vinyl/streaming to be released 12/23. There is a digital release with a "physical component" to it, but there are not details on what that is.
- A reimagined version of The Fragile consisting of instrumentals and heretofore unreleased material (taking into account the unreleased material from The Fragile instrumental on Apple Music) on vinyl only, shipping in March.
- Vinyl reissues/remasters of studio albums, including The Fragile, starting now and rolling out slowly. The Natural Born Killers soundtrack is also part of this.

Interestingly, a lot of The Fragile and all of the With Teeth instrumentals released on Apple Music have been taken down.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Worth noting again for the sake of clarification: there IS a digital version of the Fragile reimagination thing ("Deviations 1"). But it's only available as a bonus download with the vinyl purchase, and won't be distributed on any other platform. It activates 12/22, the vinyl ships sometime next year.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Sure TR spring this on us after everyone's spent their christmas fundage.

Minidust posted:

^^^^^^ btw does SperginGuy look like Trent to anyone else
:spergin: Fist fuckin' yr wallet!

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

No it's 45 dollars but the crazy never before seen deluxe set of rare poo poo is 80 dollars.

The Fragile Deviations is basically what I wanted out of the re-release: the 60min worth of unreleased material. But it's $80.

TOOT BOOT fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 17, 2016

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I am completely hosed and The Fragile is the perfect album to my walk home

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

NonzeroCircle posted:

I am completely hosed and The Fragile is the perfect album to my walk home

You wanna talk about it or anything? :smith:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Ugh it's seriously $30 to SHIP a vinyl from the NIN store?? Dammit Trent.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Minidust posted:

Ugh it's seriously $30 to ship a vinyl from the NIN store?? Dammit Trent

Mine was $12 for 4 of them.

Zalgo
Oct 21, 2009

He͔̻̖͕ ͕͈̺͕̜c̯̜͇̲o̜͖̦m͙es͔̞̬̗͙.̥
$8 shipped here.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Vince MechMahon posted:

Mine was $12 for 4 of them.
What am I doing wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Minidust posted:

What am I doing wrong

Where do you live? Country wise, that is.