Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
when Other beats Ships and you still show mostly ship ads :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5irwlv/evocati_26_screenshot_and_livestream_restrictions/

2.6 going to PTU now.

I can only imagine crobbers said, "Well gently caress it! It can't get any worse at this point!! Send it to the PTU!"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wasn't everyone supposed to be on The Spectrum by now?

Everyone that still has money in SC is definitely on the spectrum

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

D_Smart posted:

1. not a valid prediction. we already knew this
  2. not a valid prediction. this was a given
  3. fail
  4. not a valid prediction. this was a given
  5. fail

ice cold :thurman:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Happy anniversary "Pupil to Planet"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yLTm8DZ8s4

I've been loving this hot planetary gameplay we got this year.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

nawledgelambo posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5irwlv/evocati_26_screenshot_and_livestream_restrictions/

2.6 going to PTU now.

I can only imagine crobbers said, "Well gently caress it! It can't get any worse at this point!! Send it to the PTU!"

LOL that was the quickest damage control they have ever managed

Let's see how much it tempers the fire burning right now

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

XK posted:

It looks like they've netted about $150k extra due to the stream.

A day and half of running costs.

lol

For anyone curious

This time 2014

This time 2015

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

peter gabriel posted:

I can't even

I'm dying

0% got what they wished for. That's really hard to do and I wish to congratulate CIG on a well-executed troll.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

He's got us there. We probably wouldn't because the EA game would only be about three months into development.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

:sandance: :drat:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

Happy anniversary "Pupil to Planet"!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yLTm8DZ8s4

I've been loving this hot planetary gameplay we got this year.

:raise:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Fat Shat Sings posted:

For anyone curious

This time 2014

This time 2015

So correct me if I'm wrong, but they're getting a magnitude less funding this year.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

If even the r/SC finally has doubts

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7361762/#Comment_
"lol once again even as early as a few hours ago CIG sends an email saying, and i am paraphrasing, they just almost had it ready for today but gosh darn just narrowly missed it. But good news will have it to you one day off so at least we were close right guys?

Once again lying through their teeth knowing that was not realistic.

Once again taking us for fools.

Give me a refund im done. This time for good.

Oh wait cant even get that if I wanted to now."

CIG caused more damage in 1 day than Goons in 2016 overall

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Rad Russian posted:

Chris also introduced two previously unannounced new features to expand the scope even more. Various ship anti theft devices you can install to lower your monthly insurance bills and some other crap thing I forgot. loving magical BS this project is.

So even 900 years in the future we are still trying to find ways to cut our monthly insurance payments? Something tells me that Chris got his idea from this.

https://www.hum.com/

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mr.PayDay posted:

CIG caused more damage in 1 day than Goons in 2016 overall

See now this I am offended by

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
2.6 patch notes

quote:

Star Citizen Patch 2.6.0i
Welcome to Star Citizen Alpha Patch 2.6.0i, Evocati new and old! For the complete 2.6.0 PTU patch notes for the very exciting launch, you can find them this space here
Your launcher should show “2.6.0-488815” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Live client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public.
Please do take full advantage of the PTU Issue Council to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.
Important Issues
New! Crusader is currently disabled so that players can focus testing efforts on Arena Commander and Star Marine. New! Be advised that you will need to restart the client after every Star Marine or Arena Commander match or you will be unable to join a new match. Star Marine Leaderboards are not in-game this build. Our planned Electronic Access improvements for sequential map loading (“mega map”) are not in this build. Scan is not complete, please refrain from using it (“Tab” key on default keybindings). Missile rebalance is ongoing. Flight Balance Changes to include AB, Acceleration, Boost, Fuel Rates, and Jerk are ongoing. Updates[
Fixed a number of issues within the new frontend interface. Fixed a number of collision issues in Echo Eleven and Station Demien. Fixed a number of glitches with various props around Echo Eleven and Station Demien. Fixed a number of client and server crashes. Back to top

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Viscous Soda posted:

So correct me if I'm wrong, but they're getting a magnitude less funding this year.

You are wrong. All things said they are getting roughly the same amount of money yoy which is incredibly weird given how incredibly desperate they are on getting more and more funding the last few months

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
"Tonights stream made me regret pledging for SC. I'm serious. Aside from the appalling production quality of the stream itself, what content that was shown was very lack luster.

Sure, they would push AC/SM, we understand that, but I would have thought that they would have actually bothered about their gameplay. All that grenade spam... reminded me of Battlefield 3. Oh yay.

The rest of the night was a joke. "Oh hey, here is a shiny new ship that you should so totally buy now and not wait for it to have any sort of balance pass. Oh, you want to know about 3.0? Well, let us answer just a couple of the really easy questions that we can, you know, gabble on about to fill, you know, time. Actual questions that may be relevant? What are those?"

And not coming upfront to say "look, we can't do 2.6 tonight and it has been pushed back again" is just very weak and uncaring to the community. I found that out from Twitch chat. Did it even get a mention? I'm not sure 'cos the sound was awful most of the time. And the final sting was the, almost mandatory, "coming soon" advert at the end.

Well, the end of my subscription is coming sooner, and Alpha or no, when you are draining money from your community you owe them something more than what we recieved tonight, and getting in https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/7361456/#Comment_7361456

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hahaha this is the epitome of rushing something out of the door to keep the illusion of progress. You dont launch something into a public test realm when you have a bug that forces everyone to restart the client after each match to get another match going

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

See now this I am offended by

"Except for Pgabz videos" let me loving finish bro! :glomp:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Mirificus posted:

Why did Er_Dova have that prepared in advance?

I broke him.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Mr.PayDay posted:

"Except for Pgabz videos" let me loving finish bro! :glomp:

:)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ha ha ha wtf? So Port Ollisar is off the menu? That is amazing, this game is loving shrinking as time goes by, it's like the saddest grape left out in the sun slowly shrinking to become a raisin I guess? I didn't really think this through

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

PTU is coming in hotter than any previous patch, and has a deadline that is shorter than any previous testing period...

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

What is this poo poo?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Chin posted:

CIG must have massive, doomsday level problems in their performance capture, modeling, and animation pipelines.

The doomsday level problem is there is no pipeline. The whole concept of pipelines is ridiculous. Content doesn't flow from nothing, it has to be created. :rolleyes:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I think the INNv2 guys should call their family before doing something stupid, like buying this sweet newship on sale.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

cool new Polack jokes posted:

The doomsday level problem is there is no pipeline. The whole concept of pipelines is ridiculous. Content doesn't flow from nothing, it has to be created. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but the pipelines with the pipes and the content and stuff, you can't deny that

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

D_Smart posted:

1. not a valid prediction. we already knew this
  2. not a valid prediction. this was a given
  3. fail
  4. not a valid prediction. this was a given
  5. fail

And as always, Derek Smart was right.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You are wrong. All things said they are getting roughly the same amount of money yoy which is incredibly weird given how incredibly desperate they are on getting more and more funding the last few months

Ah okay then, I must have remembered the funding graph wrong.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

peter gabriel posted:

What is this poo poo?

Space potato.
Gotta milk that Gallente EVE-escapee market segment.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

That guy is the dumbest motherfucker on earth

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

In project management, a death march is a project that the participants feel is destined to fail, or that requires a stretch of unsustainable overwork. The general feel of the project reflects that of an actual death march because project members are forced to continue the project by their superiors against their better judgment.

Software development and software engineering are the fields in which practitioners first applied the term to these project management practices. Other fields have since recognized the same occurrence in their own spheres and have adopted the name.

Death marches of the destined-to-fail type usually are a result of unrealistic or overly optimistic expectations in scheduling, feature scope, or both, and often include lack of appropriate documentation or relevant training and outside expertise that would be needed to accomplish the task successfully. The knowledge of the doomed nature of the project weighs heavily on the psyche of its participants, as if they are helplessly watching themselves and their coworkers being forced to torture themselves and march toward death. Often, the death march will involve desperate attempts to right the course of the project by asking team members to work especially grueling hours (14-hour days, 7-day weeks, etc.) or by attempting to "throw (enough) bodies at the problem", often causing burnout.

Often, the discomfort is heightened by the knowledge that "it didn't have to be this way"; that is, that if the company wanted to achieve the goal of the project, it could have done so in a successful way had it been managed competently (such as by devoting the obviously required resources, including bringing all relevant expertise, technology, or applied science to the task rather than just whatever incomplete knowledge a few employees happened to possess). Patent under-resourcing is especially offensive at a large corporation with sufficiently deep pockets; at least at small companies, a gap between resources and needs is understandable, but at large, profitable, cash-rich companies, under-resourcing is not a necessity and thus feels to most workers like stupidity. Business culture pressures, such as the long-noted phenomenon of corporations pursuing short-term maximization of profits via cost cutting or avoidance that is damaging to long-term best interest, may play a role in addition to mere incompetence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
When was the original motion cap for Squadron 42 done? Back in 2014 right? It's safe to assume that's all been shitcanned and redone at least twice over right? Man what I would give to see the original mo cap it must have been sooooo bad.