Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Worldshatter posted:

So Tesla was a smart guy but everything he's ever said seems to have been used by edgy "2smart4u" teens in desperate attempts to reassure themselves of their own superiority

He sounds like a dick is what I'm saying

he hated women, was an anti-semite, and was super difficult for anyone to deal with, but he played right into Edisons business savvy and got thoroughly owned as he watched his own inventions sell w/o any royalties

but he had a pretty good relationship with Mark Twain so w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Tolkien minority posted:

didnt tesla die miserable poor and alone. not really the best dude to take life advice from

Yeah him and E/N

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tolkien minority posted:

didnt tesla die miserable poor and alone. not really the best dude to take life advice from

yea, he got pushed around by thomas edison and instead of standing up for himself he came up with a bunch of quotes about how dumb everyone else is

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Tesla invented a way for nerds to get laid but the government confiscated all his papers

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Robo Reagan posted:

yea, he got pushed around by thomas edison and instead of standing up for himself he came up with a bunch of quotes about how dumb everyone else is

Tesla wins tho, because he has a dedicated cult of fans who fawn over him and Edison is remembered for light bulbs and murdering an elephant just to be a douche.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Edison didnt kill an elephant. And unrelated company named Edison did.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pvt.Scott posted:

Tesla wins tho, because he has a dedicated cult of fans who fawn over him and Edison is remembered for light bulbs and murdering an elephant just to be a douche.

yeah he sure did win by becoming a respected corpse instead of a living rich man

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
like you wouldn't murder an elephant if you could

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

yeah he sure did win by becoming a respected corpse instead of a living rich man

Every artist becomes worth more upon their death. C'est la vie.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Code Jockey posted:

like you wouldn't murder an elephant if you could

Not just to specifically be a jerk to another human being, no. For fun? Anything is possible.

Worldshatter
May 7, 2015

:kazooieass:PEPSI for TV-GAME:kazooieass:

Code Jockey posted:

like you wouldn't hug an elephant if you could

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pvt.Scott posted:

Not just to specifically be a jerk to another human being, no. For fun? Anything is possible.

well spending cash to kill trophy animals helps the wildlife people in those countries since that's a lot of their funding so if you get the money for it go hog wild

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

"Those civilians stuck in Syria waiting to get hit by a stray bomb or gunned down by soldiers would be happy if only they realized that it's not the situation that hurts them but, like, the negative way they think about their situation"

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

"Those civilians stuck in Syria waiting to get hit by a stray bomb or gunned down by soldiers would be happy if only they realized that it's not the situation that hurts them but, like, the negative way they think about their situation"

It's true if you think about it.

They could just learn to love the screams and the smell of petrol, tires and corpse mingling in a blaze, as if it were an offering of incense and blood to a god who actually listened to prayers. There's a sublime beauty in the arcs that shards of skull trace as a bullet passes through as if an eleven year-old boy's head was not there. The spiraling bullet itself is an unthinking artist, painting a masterpiece in the priceless medium of lifeblood.

One might embrace the wondrous complexity of the universe that put them in this situation, where they can witness firsthand the technological marvels of man's ingenuity and meditate on the absurd humor in the fact the millennia of wisdom
, sweat, and blood was wasted on designing a slightly better stick, so one man might kill another who has not even done him harm. As hot brass casings rain on the cooling corpses of their families, the refugees would be able to laugh heartily at the joke.

Discovering the truth that the universe is inherently meaningless and that there is no life after death would free the refugees from their fears concerning the hereafter, allowing them to truly live in this moment. They will know that when the end comes and the pain fades, all struggles and hardships will be forgotten in the eternal, silent embrace of the annihilation of the self.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
one of my fav Xmas pics ever

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

one of my fav Xmas pics ever

Stranger Things - Season 2 looking good.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/bloodhaiI/status/752938153640464384

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

lol

It would have been better if he was in the army

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Is the White in all pictures showing up as transparent for anyone else on the app???

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Professor Shark posted:

lol

It would have been better if he was in the army

i'm too loving dumb or old to get it at all. what is going on here professor?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/lowkeyscum/status/809185231399895040

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

You're it.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/MichaelPorfirio/status/809931974685159424

https://twitter.com/Sadieisonfire/status/809098835909820416

Hot Karl Marx fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Dec 17, 2016

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

:laffo:

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

Snowball Fight of 2016

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Pflarhy

poo poo this is harder than I thought it'd be

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

pathology
pissy
pointy

Oh sorry he's going for pussy, isn't he?

cnut
May 3, 2016

penny

That was easy.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
poontangy

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Obviously it's a psychopharmacology experiment :rolleyes:

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.
play

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Pay is the shortest and simplest. I don't even... what the gently caress is even the point of that?

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

I pity this puny pony.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Pvt.Scott posted:

Pay is the shortest and simplest. I don't even... what the gently caress is even the point of that?

hes sounding his horn alarm to everyone

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Oh my god that Facebook is loving awful

https://m.facebook.com/funnytextsss/?tsid=0.5117673300115613&source=typeahead

They have four million followers

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
y'all are the 3% that didn't fail, congrats. I had a "relapse" maybe and could only write pussy for about 700 words tryung to think of one so just keep gloating about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Pvt.Scott posted:

To get you to share or comment on it and then sell the account

I don't get it either

• Locked thread