Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
It's all worth it for the last 10 minutes of the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

going meta is lazy comedy and doesn't really excuse the bigotry

moana was pretty good

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

rogue one is good friends

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Chomskyan posted:

Moderate democrats be like

give it up
unless you're emarx's parachute which I'm starting to find likely

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

vanya looks different today

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

PupsOfWar posted:

:agreed:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Hmmm, I think the part of this manga where a 1960 deep south sheriff ends up arresting some klan members after prompting from the protagonist is not very realistic

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

:chanpop:

what manga is this?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
like, the mangaka seems to have some understanding of us history and racism and how it's a bad thing, but just doesn't seem to really grasp the true extent of the realities of racism

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

stone cold posted:

:chanpop:

what manga is this?

billy bat. it's very interesting, but i'm going to hold of judgement on whether it's good or not until i have time to digest the big chunks that i'm reading

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

billy bat. it's very interesting, but i'm going to hold of judgement on whether it's good or not until i have time to digest the big chunks that i'm reading

Is it recommended? Is it good to read?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

PupsOfWar posted:

Totes.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

stone cold posted:

Is it recommended? Is it good to read?

it's good and definitely worth a cursory read at least

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

https://twitter.com/rey_z/status/809980969402900481

take notes this is how you address dems doing something stupid. not coddling racists because you think they can be talked to and maybe they have a good point and all black people should move back to africa

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

the paradigm shift posted:

take notes this is how you address dems doing something stupid. not coddling racists because you think they can be talked to and maybe they have a good point and all black people should move back to africa

It's a funny hat, op

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

It's a funny hat, op

yes but it's also a legitimate critique unlike the ones I'm grumping about

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Nobody is coddling racists.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Chomskyan posted:

Nobody is coddling racists.

Sure could've fooled me

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Sure could've fooled me

Didn't you support Hillary? Maybe you're just gullible.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I supported Hillary Clinton because I'm not a ideological martyr

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Volkerball posted:

Didn't you support Hillary? Maybe you're just gullible.

I didn't support anyone in the primary since they were both equally as good in my eyes with Hillary being more experienced as a candidate.

Against Trump? Oh hell yeah I supported Hillary

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

FWIW I voted for Hillary. Although I didn't like her at all and was just voting against Trump.

The liberals making vicious blanket attacks against voters they failed to win over look pathetic. Clinton sucked. The Democrats hosed up picking her for the candidacy. Liberals should put the blame where it belongs and use it as a motivation to be better. The way they're currently handling it is just sad.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

brogue one: a spinoff-of-the-spinoffs starring ewan mcgregor, the guavian deathgang negotiator from episode vii and the rebel sergeant from rogue one, drinking laphroaig and reading robert burns to each other

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Chomskyan posted:

FWIW I voted for Hillary. Although I didn't like her at all and was just voting against Trump.

The liberals making vicious blanket attacks against voters they failed to win over look pathetic. Clinton sucked. The Democrats hosed up picking her for the candidacy. Liberals should put the blame where it belongs and use it as a motivation to be better. The way they're currently handling it is just sad.
Yes Democratic party policy and their own statements got us Trump
Not the gross disparity in the treatment of Dems and Republicans in the 24 hour media.
Fixing the Democratic party through candidates alone gets us the eighties. so yeah go full steam ahead on becoming irrelevant by appealing to a group who refuse to vote for them.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

PupsOfWar posted:

brogue one: a spinoff-of-the-spinoffs starring ewan mcgregor, the guavian deathgang negotiator from episode vii and the rebel sergeant from rogue one, drinking laphroaig and reading robert burns to each other

Would.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Yes Democratic party policy and their own statements got us Trump
Not the gross disparity in the treatment of Dems and Republicans in the 24 hour media.
Fixing the Democratic party through candidates alone gets us the eighties. so yeah go full steam ahead on becoming irrelevant by appealing to a group who refuse to vote for them.
Ah yes, the rust belt, well known for refusing to vote Democrat

Also the media swung hard anti-Trump from what I saw. Quite a lot of the media literally endorsed Clinton actually.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Chomskyan posted:

Also the media swung hard anti-Trump from what I saw. Quite a lot of the media literally endorsed Clinton actually.

They keep voting in Republican governors and legislatures while clearly being shown around the country how bad of an idea that is.
Media endorsements aren't important the problem is ratings chasing and click bait.
https://twitter.com/joehagansays/status/809954441550057472

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If coddling racists is a viable path to better policies then let's coddle away, I'm just not convinced it is

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
just lie to them, imo

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

these would get your hands messy

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Chomskyan posted:

They did, and then they went on about emails, and made false equivalencies for months, while being first on the bandwagon to run with any manufactured Twitter drama Trump wanted to crank out any time it looked like something serious might appear bad for him.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i have a mild avocado intolerance, if they're not slightly overripe they give me powerful stomach cramps until i manage to poo poo them out, but i will be damned if i stop eating sushi and guacamole so i just put up with the ~30% chance that it will cause me anguish

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

just make guacamole with sour cream

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
food intolerances are very annoying when they don't happen every single time you eat the food because then it takes ages to figure out exactly what is making your bowels so furious

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

cinci zoo sniper posted:

just make guacamole with sour cream
........what

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
don't you cream me with your weird smyetana fetish you borealic madman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU