Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Post More First World Problems: Just Jerk Off, You loving Lunatic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Something something that "conviction, dammit" quote

My FWP: every goddamn time I have to get up early enough to require an alarm, I get woken up like three hours before said alarm by my stomach deciding now is a great time to have the shits. Every single goddamn time.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I bought a PS4 Pro and it was supposed to be delivered by USPS using Amazon Prime 2 day shipping but they missed their delivery and all I wanted to do was set it up and play with it and now im hoping it comes today so I can do just that but it doesnt say its out for delivery on the package tracking website.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

schreibs posted:

I bought a PS4 Pro and it was supposed to be delivered by USPS using Amazon Prime 2 day shipping but they missed their delivery and all I wanted to do was set it up and play with it and now im hoping it comes today so I can do just that but it doesnt say its out for delivery on the package tracking website.

Call amazon and get some free prime!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I met my postman on the curb to help unload all the packages I ordered because it's icy outside.
He was nice but awkward and I got awkward and now uuuuuggghhh.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Inzombiac posted:

I met my postman on the curb to help unload all the packages I ordered because it's icy outside.
He was nice but awkward and I got awkward and now uuuuuggghhh.

What, is he still there?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

artsy fartsy posted:

What, is he still there?

We've been deadlocked in a shoe-gaze standoff for three hours.

Send snacks.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
I got super into a lady who is super into my best friend and now they're both being really understanding and considerate of my feelings so I can't even hate them properly

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

I got super into a lady who is super into my best friend and now they're both being really understanding and considerate of my feelings so I can't even hate them properly

Crap in their shoes.
Blame it on the cat.
"But the cat does not eat corn!" they say.
It does when it knows shoes are available.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I have to go to, like, four different stores tomorrow to get Christmas presents for people and each store is in a different suburb so I'm going to spend all day driving around when I could be sitting on the couch playing on my phone. Ugh, life is pain.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Youtube has started to do this thing where the video won't play unless I refresh the page a couple times

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
It's -30 C with the windchill today and I have to walk around downtown to buy christmas presents after work.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I have a dual-monitor setup but I'm annoyed because I don't really have any use for it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Hardcordion posted:

It's -30 C with the windchill today and I have to walk around downtown to buy christmas presents after work.

Related, I want to go out and drink, maybe see a movie, but it's expected to snow and I don't want to drive in it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Lemon posted:

I have a dual-monitor setup but I'm annoyed because I don't really have any use for it.

Even if I'm mainly using one monitor I still like to have Facebook open in the second one for if someone messages me, and if you ever do anything where you want to refer to some resource while working on something else it's practically essential, even if it's just a video game and walkthrough.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I use a wallpaper program so that whenever I have my second monitor blank I can still look over at all the pretty images changing every couple of minutes.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Hardcordion posted:

I went Christmas shopping in 100c heat!

#First world southern hemisphere problems

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I accidentally fell asleep earlier, and my nap burned off all my ambient fatigue I had. It's now 2 in the morning.

I Am Not Spor
Dec 13, 2006
all the better to glomp you with
My Nexus 5X doesn't pair perfectly with my brand new car so now I don't get to know the exact song playing or the cover art.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the stairs to our apartment building are sinking or something, and they're sloped down, and we had freezing rain/ice overnight. so they're icy AND sloped. :thumbsup: yes we slipped

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Helith posted:

I went Christmas shopping in 100c heat!

#First world southern hemisphere problems

I really hope you meant 100f, not c :kingsley:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
So after my circadian-rhythm-loving nap I posted above, I chugged some ice water and went to bed, to try and sleep. Couldn't, partially because the coldness of the water hurt my stomach and wouldn't pass. The stomach pain meant I really couldn't get to bed, so I decided to stay up.

It's now 8:30 in the morning, I'm in that twilight of tired and awake, and I'm not sure if I should just stay up or not.

(I'm also hungry, and I'm not sure if I should eat breakfast or super-crazy-late dinner. My life, truly, is agony.)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A friend is taking me to Start Wars today but it's snowing out and I just want to bundle up and sleep.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I have to host a celebration at my parents' country house but I just want to cuddle my kitties at my place

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

One of my out of state friends is going to be in my town in a few weeks and won't make up her mind which restaurant for us to have dinner at :argh: If I were a picky eater I wouldn't be needing to lose weight, woman, just pick one!

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
I have to sit at this cafe for another hour because I drove my daughter an hour and a half away for a therapy appointment and I said she could see her friends after and it turns out it's hard to kill 2 hours and I'm super bored

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

My cochlear implant died ten minutes into my shift. :sigh: That's what we get for trying to wait until after Christmas to get the new model, I guess.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
One of my poor guy habits is that I tend to buy a lot of rice. It's pretty cheap and good eatin', especially when you're broke. It keeps for freaking ever so it's pretty easy to keep yourself full of rice pretty cheap. I also actually rather enjoy rice. There's a certain level of food back up plan to that; if I can't afford to buy food I still have my stash of rice to eat until I have money again.

Now, however, I have like 40 pounds of rice and keep not eating much of it because I make enough money that that just plain isn't an issue. I won't be wasting it because, as a former really poor guy, I hate wasting food and keep my food waste as low as possible. But I just don't want to eat this much rice. I bought way too much of it and want to eat other things.

I just realized that a lot of my recent FWP posts are all about "gently caress I'm middle class now and have no idea how to deal with it."

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Some of us eat rice voluntarily regardless of how much money we have

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

rice is good

:mad:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mu Zeta posted:

Some of us eat rice voluntarily regardless of how much money we have

I still eat rice I just want not rice often enough that my stash of rice has zero justification right now. I like rice I just have no reason to have this drat much of it.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I'm filling out Xmas cards with someone infatuated with holiday spirit and wants to inflict it on the rest of us. I don't know what's worse, traditional Xmas or hipster Xmas.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I'm going on a two-week overseas trip Tuesday AM but keep feeling like I'm forgetting something, despite triple-checking my passport/packing/itinerary/carry-on stuff.

Semi-related, my wife and I have a friend who's moving overseas and she let us raid her book collection for 50+ titles. But I have over 700 pages to go in the book I'm reading (to say nothing of also bringing my 3DS and its huge backlog) so I can't justify packing any of them :negative: I made room for two small paperbacks

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I still eat rice I just want not rice often enough that my stash of rice has zero justification right now. I like rice I just have no reason to have this drat much of it.

I almost miss being so poor that many of my meals were rice mixed with hot sauce and a can of string beans.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

I almost miss being so poor that many of my meals were rice mixed with hot sauce and a can of string beans.

Lately I've been thinking about that too. Being poor was simpler...I took boxes off of trucks, took smaller boxes out of the boxes, and then put those boxes on the shelf. I had fewer decisions to make and there was zero threat of being on call for anything. Food was often whatever I could afford. Now I'm expected to be an expert and am technically on call at all times. I have like 50 options for lunch within walking distance of work and can afford to eat out for lunch every day if I feel like it.

Granted life is waaaaaay better now but sometimes I long for the simplicity I just don't have anymore. It feels silly to bellyache about the parts that do suck because they're minor. Life is pretty good right now, if a bit boring.

I got so accustomed to poverty and making do with nothing that not needing to panic over money to get everything I need just feels weird.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 06:28 on Dec 19, 2016

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Lately I've been thinking about that too. Being poor was simpler...I took boxes off of trucks, took smaller boxes out of the boxes, and then put those boxes on the shelf. I had fewer decisions to make and there was zero threat of being on call for anything. Food was often whatever I could afford. Now I'm expected to be an expert and am technically on call at all times. I have like 50 options for lunch within walking distance of work and can afford to eat out for lunch every day if I feel like it.

Granted life is waaaaaay better now but sometimes I long for the simplicity I just don't have anymore. It feels silly to bellyache about the parts that do suck because they're minor. Life is pretty good right now, if a bit boring.

I got so accustomed to poverty and making do with nothing that not needing to panic over money to get everything I need just feels weird.

I hope things get better for you my friend

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Whenever I'm using my VPN and need to google something, the default results are in some random language I can't read.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I am really really in the mood to play some Morrowind and Skyrim but I had to do a drive format recently and I'd rather die than go through and set up all those mods and then spend three loving days figuring out which one is causing the inevitable crashing.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Trump is President officially and I've pretty much lost all remaining faith in humanity. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mister Adequate posted:

I am really really in the mood to play some Morrowind and Skyrim but I had to do a drive format recently and I'd rather die than go through and set up all those mods and then spend three loving days figuring out which one is causing the inevitable crashing.

Please don't post my inner thoughts TIA. What's worse is that of all the games I've been meaning to play and finally got to install when I got my new computer this year, I wasted my modding effort on Oblivion because I've been trying to finish that game for ten years dammit :negative::hf::negative: