Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm on winter break now so I'm going to concentrate on finishing the story. Currently in Chapter 10. Nothing is blocked out end-game wise, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

There is a point where you are locked out of returning to open world for most of a chapter but there is no "point of no return" so you can always go back to open world even in the final area.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ff4(2) is supremely cool and i keep going oh daaaamn out loud when stuff happens which i dont ever do, honest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

4 and 6 have pretty insane stories even for JRPGs, I think because they wanted to cram as many different art styles and moods as possible in one package. It's so good

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah, it's weird but I wish they added about 1000 NPCs that stop the action to say "Hey can you help me find my Magma Sword. The Blast Ants took em." like Fallout. Really the only downside to the game imho.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm on winter break now so I'm going to concentrate on finishing the story. Currently in Chapter 10. Nothing is blocked out end-game wise, right?

i think after the story you can continue questing and stuff. im at the same part you are though so idk

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In gravelly fallout peasant voice: The blast ants took 'em.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I never played any of the demos and somehow I don't think I've even seen a video of the combat before , but I'm in the tutorial and this feels like it's gonna be extremely my poo poo ... the spell casting effects are so badass

my wheelhouse
Nov 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Up to chapter 6 and loving it. First time FF player, while I'm probably not going to delve into older ones, this one is my jam.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
omg.... the classic FF victory jingle when you set up camp at the end of the day... I'm loving this and I haven't even unlocked fishing yet!!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

playing this on a saturday afternoon in december with some coffee is gaming heaven

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

playing this on a saturday afternoon in december with some coffee is gaming heaven

Same but it's morning, it's snowing like hell, and I still feel like poo poo (v. sick much coughing) but the gaming helps.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Same but it's morning, it's snowing like hell, and I still feel like poo poo (v. sick much coughing) but the gaming helps.

Ignis recommends tea with honey and/or lemon to increase video game comfort and help with the sore throat

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

In gravelly fallout peasant voice: The blast ants took 'em.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

30,000 Gil hotel...

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

my wheelhouse posted:

Up to chapter 6 and loving it. First time FF player, while I'm probably not going to delve into older ones, this one is my jam.

you should try Lightning Returns sometime. speaking as someone who played it without playing the other ffxiii games, it's a very cool game to play without having played the other ffxiii games.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

end of chapter 9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9zZus_1_ag

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

chapter 9 also hard crashed and locked up my ps4 when it loaded into 10, thats new

was so good though

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

30,000 Gil hotel...

There's some really expensive food there as well.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

For anyone with the relatively benign Collector's Autism like me, there is a missable recipe in Chapter 10. Just make sure you go camping in the dungeon.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

For anyone with the relatively benign Collector's Autism like me, there is a missable recipe in Chapter 10. Just make sure you go camping in the dungeon.

thanks for the tip

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Chapter 10 is intense, feels-wise.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Game is good, turns poopy in the middle then gets good again at the end. I really enjoyed it but then I loaded up Witcher 3 which is pretty much a better game in every aspect. It's crazy that they both had the same amount of dev time.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Retromancer posted:

Game is good, turns poopy in the middle then gets good again at the end. I really enjoyed it but then I loaded up Witcher 3 which is pretty much a better game in every aspect. It's crazy that they both had the same amount of dev time.

All the people who play the Witcher 3 keep stopping halfway through because it's wrpg shite with no gameplay, but they still say it's good. I don't get it. Playing the Witcher gives you aids in your rear end.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

All the people who play the Witcher 3 keep stopping halfway through because it's wrpg shite with no gameplay, but they still say it's good. I don't get it. Playing the Witcher gives you aids in your rear end.

Wow, look @ cpt. Bad opinions over here.

people drop witcher 3 b/c it's like 8 games in one and other people aren't hardcore enough for it. Witcher 3 will break you with it's unprecedented value.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Retromancer posted:

Wow, look @ cpt. Bad opinions over here.

people drop witcher 3 b/c it's like 8 games in one and other people aren't hardcore enough for it. Witcher 3 will break you with it's unprecedented value.

It breaks you with boredom.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Like any random side quest in Witcher 3 is better written than anything in FFXV Don't pretend like the games are in the same league.

FFXV's side quests are all MMORPG poo poo and the only decent writing happens when the bros are just shooting the poo poo.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

take this Games-esque insane AIDS outside of the Zone

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Bolverkur posted:

take this Games-esque insane AIDS outside of the Zone

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I love doing Dino's quests because I want to see how many little italian new yorker things they put in his dialogue, so far all I think i'm missing is 'hey im walking heah'

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

badabing badaboom ✓
youse guys ✓
fuggedaboutit ✓

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Sharkopath posted:

I love doing Dino's quests because I want to see how many little italian new yorker things they put in his dialogue, so far all I think i'm missing is 'hey im walking heah'

He's really epic

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Just started the game. All the characters are friends 🤗🤗🤗

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Retromancer posted:

Like any random side quest in Witcher 3 is better written than anything in FFXV Don't pretend like the games are in the same league.

FFXV's side quests are all MMORPG poo poo and the only decent writing happens when the bros are just shooting the poo poo.

Why aren't you posting in The Witcher thread if you like it so much? Like what does your brain think it will accomplish by posting stuff like this. I've never understood it, going way back to my gfaqs days when I was 10 and watching 25 year olds posting this style poo poo. You are everything wrong with gaming culture.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
FFXV is good

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I am enjoying it so much. I love the way the characters interact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

having insane poo poo happen and doing cool quests just to hear Fisherman's Horizon (it's usually on repeat) when I get in the Regalia makes for potent gaming feels