Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Yeah I'd probably get that just to help develop my forestcraft decks. I still have those crystals from the one-time discount thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Clarste posted:

The constructed deck looks like a bad version of existing decks. Mostly the problem is that it only has 1 of the good cards that most fairy decks want 3 of. It seems to me like it's not even designed to be competitive: it's just a starting framework that you can add on to.

I take it you've never played a card game before

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Yeah it's no surprise the decks only have 1 of the legendaries, but at least they are the GOOD legendaries (for forest at least), watch the blood one have beast dominator lol. that deck is a pretty solid starting point but you still need to collect extra legendaries / golds to be 'good to go' with the deck, but if you're gonna spend money and want those specific legendaries it seems like a decent deal

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Seems like its mainly targeted at two types of people: otherwise paying customers who have no reason to put anymore money in because they have all the cards and gold they will ever need at this point and people with no core cards of a certain class and really want to try it. You can also bet your pension on the fact that shadow's alt art card will be Cerberus and dragon will be Forte.

Finally, I can rest easy knowing that my laziness in crafting my last Forte has paid off.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I'm really questioning this 8.5 rated Enstatued Seraph deck when I have literally just doubled my number of ranked losses since playing it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

which list

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Awesome! posted:

which list

Oh god it's actually rated 9.5, but it's also worth noting that I have played two hours of this deck and that equated to doubling the losses of the weeks I've played this game for

https://shadowverse.gamepress.gg/deck/jcg-open-vol28-1st-place-elana-havencraft

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

pretty standard elana hybrid. what were you playing before? it might just be a really different play style.

also if you dont get elanas early and have a relatively clear turn to drop it life can be painful.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I'd been playing Midrange Sword pretty much from day one, my experience with this deck so far has been getting either three Elanas and utility amulets with no actual units, or units with no Elanas ever and so the healing just delays my inevitable death

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, you want to prioritize the cards that'll draw you more cards, so you have more options to work with. Ideally, I'd say starting off with a sacred plea, beastcall aria, and hallowed dogma is a good starter, but prism priests and scriptures are also useful at the beginning too. Course, sometimes aggro gotta aggro, and you just can't stop that sometimes. Also I say this only playing a seraph deck, so I don't really account for when to play elana stuff.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

loving filthy haven players

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I hate path to purgatory more often really. It's kinda a direct counter to haven though.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
non-forest PTP is actually my new nemesis, by the time I realize what's happening it's usually too late

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Indecisive posted:

loving filthy haven players

Hey man, I haven't gotten a legendary in three weeks, but I'm just sitting on two Seraphs and a Moon al-Miraj so it seemed like a good idea to make a deck where the three most expensive cards are checked off the list

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can also make a storm haven list with a moon if you dont like elanas. and of course a fully decked out midrange sword list is s tier right now but i definitely get wanting to switch it up.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Awesome! posted:

you can also make a storm haven list with a moon if you dont like elanas. and of course a fully decked out midrange sword list is s tier right now but i definitely get wanting to switch it up.

My branching out desire mostly came from checking out budget decks for each class for the sole purpose of clearing missions easier, but I realized I was 400 vials away from a 9.5 deck and that, as they say, was that

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Shoulda built Dshift

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

non-forest PTP is actually my new nemesis, by the time I realize what's happening it's usually too late

Altered fate is usually the giveaway. Now a shadow deck dropping two midnight haunts and a path to purgatory, that caught me off guard.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

A couple friends are vaguely interested so I wanted to make a video to introduce them and the 5 existing people in America who know about Shadowverse but are undecided. Starting with a breakdown of the cards, like how a follower works, how a spell works, how an amulet works, and then suuuuuuuper brief thematic rundown of each class. I wanna follow it with a sample match so they can get an idea of how the game works. I figure an elite practice game is fine. Any suggestions on the matchup though, to show a game that's illustrative and not super hard to follow?

Available decks:
Storm Haven
Elana/Seraph Haven
Banner Sword
Mid Sword
Aggro Blood
Dshift
PTP Forest
Incomplete/jank Tempo Forest.

And who for the opponent?

Like I'm sure there would be people who'd be interested in Dshift or PTP because they have really unconventional angles of attack but those would also be the hardest to follow.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I would say Midrange Sword would be the easiest to follow. Maybe Storm Haven if you wanna show off amulets.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Banner Sword vs Storm Haven is probably the simplest matchup you can have that isn't two aggro decks trading for face.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't know if you've ever seen that streamer soulek on twitch but he just dusted his entire collection, crafted and disenchanted soul dealers/bellringer angels/pinion prayers until he had 15 vials remaining, then deleted his stream

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I haven't played the mobile app since the game dropped on Steam, but now I've got some downtime on the road so its the perfect chance. I draft an arena sword deck, play against Dragon and totally clown on him, used all of his points turn 8 to drop a big monster with ward to stop me from lethaling. I have an Odin in my hand to win on the next turn, but as soon as his guy hits my Floral Fencer the game crashes. First game in months and it crashes. How is this poo poo not fixed yet

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

No Wave posted:

I don't know if you've ever seen that streamer soulek on twitch but he just dusted his entire collection, crafted and disenchanted soul dealers/bellringer angels/pinion prayers until he had 15 vials remaining, then deleted his stream

lmao. i was watching him yesterday and he was a loving salt mine. i told him to take a break from the game because he clearly was not having fun anymore.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Was Elanas involved?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Eej posted:

Banner Sword vs Storm Haven is probably the simplest matchup you can have that isn't two aggro decks trading for face.

AI doesn't play meta decks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Awesome! posted:

lmao. i was watching him yesterday and he was a loving salt mine. i told him to take a break from the game because he clearly was not having fun anymore.
He used those words, "not having fun anymore". Perhaps you inspired him?

Drakes posted:

Was Elanas involved?
Apparently he got mad because he was losing to bad decks while trying to keep top 100 Masters. He seemed pretty calm, I only started watching after he'd finished liquefying his golds and legendaries. The whole collection came out to 260K vials or so.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 17, 2016

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome! posted:

Haha. Could have waited 2 loving weeks for the expansion.

(Almost at 4k gold here. Disappointment, here I come)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

No Wave posted:

He used those words, "not having fun anymore".
amazing what happens when you turn a silly card game into a job by grinding ladder points for 8 hours a day lol.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Drakes posted:

Was Elanas involved?

yesterday he was super salty because he kept getting lovely draws with ptp and saying that there was basically nothing he could do to recover and the game was 100% draw luck

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Awesome! posted:

yesterday he was super salty because he kept getting lovely draws with ptp and saying that there was basically nothing he could do to recover and the game was 100% draw luck
Before he deleted his account he'd had an 11 win-streak followed by a huge series of losses. The drama broke him.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The game is still really enjoyable at B rank, I keep seeing weird decks all the time. It's incredible how less salty I feel at this game than playing Hearthstone

At what rank do people stop having fun and only play meta decks?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I don't know if it gets even worse at AA, but at A0 there's a rather noticeable change in average deck quality.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It actually gets a bit weirder again as you rise, or it did for me anyway. A0 has lots of people who built a top tier meta deck but can't play it. If you rise out of a0 you probably can play a bit, so you see people who play some off meta stuff but at least play it well. I've seen a lot of dragon ramp and weird rune lists the past couple days in a2

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I love my earth rite rune deck even if it's terribly inefficient, and I never have a good chance to play Pascal.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I barely play ranked so I'm in D-rank, but I occasionally see some very weirdly meta decks, like earlier I played against a Haven that seemed like the current Storm Garuda deck. Usually the way you can tell if someone is actually building a "real" deck is if they have all the gold cards that are needed to prop things up, and the goofs usually just pile as many legendaries in as they can.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Allarion posted:

I love my earth rite rune deck even if it's terribly inefficient, and I never have a good chance to play Pascal.

The deck's not all that great overall, but I've had some success in forcing myself to play Pascal on a naked board when necessary. She's got 4/5 stats, which is pretty much the best body you can have for 5 without some sort of penalty attached.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

:cool:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Went 5-0 for my third time. That's two with sword, one with Haven. Deck is absolutely disgusting. Went first 4 times, won anyway.

https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...yJm.65GMo.61SE6

First reward pack has animated Ancient Elf. *woots softly*

Nehru the Damaja fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Got two legendaries with 5 packs :woop:

It's a beast dominator and soul dealer :negative::negative::negative::negative::negative::negative:

• Locked thread