Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Rhyno posted:

The best looking Civics ever made.

That's not an eg hatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Rawrl posted:

Looks like something's up - 17 results in 400 miles for "civic".

Tbh Searchtempest has been garbage ever since they stopped directly scraping Craigslist.

Anything else you guys use for larger-scope searches?

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

Just doing a quick search of github pulls this up, maybe give it a whirl?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The EF Civic Hatch is #1 Civic you twits.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

blk posted:

Anything else you guys use for larger-scope searches?

since almost everything worth a poo poo on the west coast ends up in 4 major areas, i just swap seattle.craigslist.org to portland to sfbay to losangeles and thats easy enough

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?
How much work are these things to take care of in the long run? This one obviously has a ton of KM on it, but the impression I get from all the reviews of these style/older generation of Audi's is that they require a poo poo load of tinkering to be sustainable. Constantly chewing through timing belts and other misc parts.

With that being said the 2002's have a really great reputation for surviving and having a long life to those who are "mechanically inclined". I was thinking of sending this guy a low-ball offer to start around $3000? Maybe a bit too much still? I've been dying to get my hands on an AWD Wagon for winter sport activities, but I can't decide if it will just require too much of my own time and work to get it to continue to run properly.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2002-audi-a4-avant-quattro-1-8t/1224447682?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

IKillForPie posted:

How much work are these things to take care of in the long run? This one obviously has a ton of KM on it, but the impression I get from all the reviews of these style/older generation of Audi's is that they require a poo poo load of tinkering to be sustainable. Constantly chewing through timing belts and other misc parts.

With that being said the 2002's have a really great reputation for surviving and having a long life to those who are "mechanically inclined". I was thinking of sending this guy a low-ball offer to start around $3000? Maybe a bit too much still? I've been dying to get my hands on an AWD Wagon for winter sport activities, but I can't decide if it will just require too much of my own time and work to get it to continue to run properly.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2002-audi-a4-avant-quattro-1-8t/1224447682?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I'll sell you my beater '03 Impreza wagon for $3k, that's a way better deal than spending that money on an even older Audi A4 Avant.

Realtalk, you should pick up this '05 complete with a collection of oddly replaced parts: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2005-subaru-impreza-wagon/1224579741

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

As long as you're wrenching, wrench on something cool. http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/1982-amc-eagle-5-spd-wagon/1208531400?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp
I use IFTTT to notify of searches that I am constantly monitoring. It can do all kinds of stuff but what I have it do is notify me of any new results.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/5898666904.html

:eyepop: :heysexy:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Funny story.

Because those things are only 2300lbs, pretty much all of them have been turned into drag cars, mostly gassers.

revell made a model kit of them, but only in gasser form.

That thing is like stock CRX type stuff right there.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Christ why can people not list their cars correctly. If I had a dollar for every time someone listed an automatic as a manual I could retire and have a goddamn pension.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Christ why can people not list their cars correctly. If I had a dollar for every time someone listed an automatic as a manual I could retire and have a goddamn pension.

People spamming the same ad with every car word listed at the bottom should be a bannable offense.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Rolo posted:

People spamming the same ad with every car word listed at the bottom should be a bannable offense.

Hasn't Craig personally defended that practice as intended functionality?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Raluek posted:

Hasn't Craig personally defended that practice as intended functionality?

He surely can't intend it the way it's used, because when i search for "Datsun" I definitely want to see a 2003 Honda that has Datsun, Ford, Toyota, etc in "keywords"

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I like that actually. Usually I'm searching for something specific but find something else awesome at the same time cause of those tags

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It owns when you are the one using that trick haha :smug:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Title only, has image. Search for "1990" or something. Cmon guys, keywords?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

unf :gizz:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/st-albert/1972-datsun-240z/1224676300?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's hot

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I've never seen one of these before in the wild (Corolla XRS): http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/5922191913.html

Gonna try to get my coworker to buy it. Matt Farah has an interesting video on them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9K7pSJ9LEc

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Posting this XR600 mostly for the picture. I thought I was into bikes...

Australia folks: I've been after a budget van for a while to turn into a camper, any particular makes/models to avoid? I've already ruled out anything European due to cost of parts, and probably Kia's as they seem rare (and are usually late 90s, don't know that they were renowned for reliability). I have a soft spot for the kei-type vans like the Suzuki Carry, but already have a small motorbike as my daily, so in this case I'd be happy to trade fuel economy for a bit of extra space, as this would only be for the occasional big load or weekend/school holiday camping with my partner. It'd be nice to just buy a Hiace and call it a day, but the ones that aren't sitting on a banged-up 350-400k tend to be out of my price range, as the most I can stretch my budget is AU$4500 (and even that is really pushing it).

I'd really like one of the 4WD L300's, but they are comparatively rare down here in Tasmania, and the older ones are hard to find with power steering or without moon miles. The newer ones are nice (L400's, the 90s body style) but only tend to fall into my price range if something's significantly wrong with them. There are really only two of the 4WDs for sale near me at the moment, both seem overpriced though:

This L300 has PS and has been up for months, but even with receipts for the engine work (seems doubtful) and all the other new parts listed, 425k is a hell of a lot of kms for a Mitsu, especially at $3650.

There's another one for sale nearby with more reasonable kms, but their $4200 asking price seems high even with 6 months rego (~$300, which the other one has as well), and I'm pretty certain there'd be no PS. Not to mention having to rip all that hippie crap out of the back.

There is also this Econovan (Mazda E2000), which lacks PS and isn't a 4WD, but it is a LWB which would be nice for a camping setup, and from what I've read the diesels are quite reliable. Not crazy about going back to something without PS (had a small Nissan van with no power steering earlier this year), but since it wouldn't be my daily I feel like I should suck it up. There is also the potential to finance it (or at least put it on a CC and rack up some airline miles with signup bonuses) since it's a dealer, which could help out my financial situation, not to mention the $2500 asking price.

I should mention I'm not much at wrenching (keen to learn), but will be starting work at a school with an automotive program in early Feb, so will have access to cheaper work at least. I'm not sure what their capabilities are yet, but if anyone can think of some common faults I could live with for 1.5 months and then turn over to get fixed, might help me score something in my price range.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
$22.5K for a clean looking 240z in New Orleans. Only thing I can spot is wheels changed out.

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/cto/5917489461.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/lethbridge/61-corvette-price-just-reduced/1217126650?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

So pretty

No clue if pricing is reasonable or not :shrug:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

NADA says average retail is $64,000 for those, so I guess it's appropriate.

In a similar vein, https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/5915992446.html

NADA says they go for $77,600. If I were spending that much money, I'd much rather have the 'vette. Roadrunners never did much for me. To each his own, I guess.

DethMarine21
Dec 4, 2008

blk posted:

I've never seen one of these before in the wild (Corolla XRS): http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/5922191913.html

Gonna try to get my coworker to buy it. Matt Farah has an interesting video on them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9K7pSJ9LEc

I'm currently looking for one of those. I drove a manual 2005 Corolla LE for a while and it was actually half decent but the XRS looks like a bunch of fun. The closest ones for sale are ~100 miles away from me though :(

blk
Dec 19, 2009

DethMarine21 posted:

I'm currently looking for one of those. I drove a manual 2005 Corolla LE for a while and it was actually half decent but the XRS looks like a bunch of fun. The closest ones for sale are ~100 miles away from me though :(

If you want me to look at this one I might be able to, coworker is having cash flow problems

DethMarine21
Dec 4, 2008

blk posted:

If you want me to look at this one I might be able to, coworker is having cash flow problems

I'm on the East Coast so that particular one is even further :) I appreciate the thought though.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I like my beater Vibe just fine but would have bought a Vibe GT or Matrix XRS if I found one at a similar price. Same 2ZZ but with the super roomy wagon body.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rolo posted:

I flag their ad, gently caress those assholes.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Rolo posted:

Hi ive got a 03 g35 with modz lol anyway im looking for a truck or bike idk hit me up with your trade offers I can do up to 500 extra if you've got something cool

Looking for a sierra denali or gt500 or h2r

5000 keyword here

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Hi ive got a 03 g35 with modz lol anyway im looking for a truck or bike idk hit me up with your trade offers I can do up to 500 extra if you've got something cool

5000 keyword here

*narrows eyes*

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
It should be a capital offense.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

5000 keyword here

you forgot "will trade 4 gun's or ATV's"

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Dec 19, 2016

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'm really starting to get pissed off at dealers posing as private owners, it's got to the point where almost half the owner adds are dealers. I texted a guy today about a Honda saying hey I'm interested in your Honda for sale and he says which one. So I ask him if he's a dealer (I know he is just wanna hear his BS excuse) and he says no I'm a wholesaler. Haha, go gently caress yourself rear end in a top hat.

I've had one car I was interested in turn out to be an actual private owner what the gently caress.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not sure I understand the problem though

Invalido
Dec 28, 2005

BICHAELING

julian assflange posted:

Not sure I understand the problem though

Personally I'd much rather buy a used vehicle from some non-dealer, who might ideally know things about the vehicle's history that could be useful to know and not be what essentially amounts to a professional liar/huckster/haggler. I tend to filter my searches on the local CL analogue to avoid dealers for those reasons. That's not to say I haven't come across some shady people following up on used car ads, but they're usually not quite as slippery as some dealers I've met.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

First thing I do on a kijiji search is filter out dealer results. I don't even want to look at them.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I'm not sure craigslist is willing to start actually punishing users for posting bad ads and breaking the rules. Private sellers might get discouraged if CL stops letting them post ads with an email address, but dealers don't care they'll just make more accounts. I swear the curating of listings used to be far more responsive, maybe all the old IRC crowd got old and younger uses don't give a gently caress.

But yes, if there was a way to prevent dealers from posting ads and to force ads to actually include car information that'd be amazing. I like that CL started letting you sort by the fillable stuff like model/engine/year/whatever, even if people don't really know how to use them. It's still better than the old days of buying classifieds in the local paper and being stuck with like three lines of text and having to know all the acronyms when you're looking for stuff. Autotrader was also a bigger deal, not sure if anyone really uses them anymore.

You'd think that people would take the sale of something for thousands of dollars a bit more seriously, but that's why they're on CL and not a more professional site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
How about state laws revoking dealer licenses for doing it?

Also, people are selling on Craigslist because that's where the customers are.