Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Paul Zuvella posted:

what exactly do you suggest the Wizards do to improve then? They are absolutely awful.

Draft and build around wall and Porter. They need to improve the 2nd unit badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Wow Adams has really improved his FT percentage, huh?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Actually the Wizards are good now.

quote:

HAVE WIZARDS 'FIGURED IT OUT'? BRADLEY BEAL SAYS YES

"We just figured it out," said Beal. "To me it has just been on the defensive end. We've been taking care of guarding guys, and pressuring guys when we need to and getting stops. It's just making it easier for offense. We've always believed in our offense. We score over 100 points a game. We trust our system but when we get stops and defend we're a really good team."

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The pistons are 1-4 with Reggie Jackson starting, against not very imposing competition. I apologize for posting this over and over, but Reggie Jackson causes me psychic pain and I wish he would retire

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

cravius posted:

Wow Adams has really improved his FT percentage, huh?

He absorbed all of Roberson's makes to improve his

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Metapod posted:

Draft and build around wall and Porter. They need to improve the 2nd unit badly

They are capped out for like 3 years.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Metapod posted:

He absorbed all of Roberson's makes to improve his

They're gonna have to move him arent they :ohdear:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Felicio and Portis average almost identical mpg. Portis also logged 4 dnp-cds in the last six games while Felicio played in all six so maybe that's Fred learning a lesson? Bahaha

They are 2-4 during that 6 game stretch and Felicio looks like a totally forgettable end-of-rotation big, so let's drop the "Cristiano Felicio secret star" thing. He wasn't being played because he isn't really all that great.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I saw Felicio play in the summer league and thought he was a boring, generic big man so color me surprised when Bulls fans were hyping him up

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

cravius posted:

They're gonna have to move him arent they :ohdear:

Roberson? I don't know

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Metapod posted:

Roberson? I don't know

I think he'd be part of any trade package. And he's honestly a luxury piece that we can't afford right now. Need more shooting.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

what exactly do you suggest the Wizards do to improve then? They are absolutely awful.

i haven't really thought too much about it. I just cant imagine trading your most valuable asset is worthwhile. Even just sucking for a year and trying to move Beal for something is a better idea. Also fire Scott Brooks because he probably has something to do with it. That roster should not be this bad

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Problem is Wall and Porter are good enough to keep you in the late lottery. Not sure Beal would get you much since that is a very dangerous contract to take on. But since there are severe chemistry problems on that team I would try unloading Beal first and see what happens before giving up on Wall.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Watching the Rockets is cool and fun lately. Who could have thought signing people who can actually shoot would lead to a team who shoots tons of 3s being better. D'antoni has been surprisingly good, but really the big difference is Morey finally signed some players who can shoot a basketball and aren't named James Harden. Eric Gordon shooting 45%, Ryan Anderson 40%, Sam Dekker 38% vs Marcus Thornton at 33%, Josh Smith at 27%, Terrence Jones at 31%, Donatas Motiejunas at 28%. from behind the arc. Harden's assists go up, floor spacing is infinitely better, and there isn't Dwight Howard destroying the flow of any offense. Just tell me which animals I need to sacrifice to keep Eric Gordon healthy.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

They are 2-4 during that 6 game stretch and Felicio looks like a totally forgettable end-of-rotation big, so let's drop the "Cristiano Felicio secret star" thing. He wasn't being played because he isn't really all that great.

I have no idea about how he plays cuz who cares about the flotsam of the Bulls roster but from the way people go on about him here I expected him to have a case for being overlooked in favor of Portis. I'm not seeing it at all!

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Hey everyone. Just read the article that made demarcus cousins extremely mad and i have to agree. I can't read an opinion column that recites yelp reviews and I see why he was furious with this old guy now.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I have no idea about how he plays cuz who cares about the flotsam of the Bulls roster but from the way people go on about him here I expected him to have a case for being overlooked in favor of Portis. I'm not seeing it at all!

He put up decent numbers in garbage time last year and Bulls fans can't understand why their late first rounders aren't turning into stars anymore, so he got a weird following. He's probably better than replacement level (aka, above D-League) but not by much.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Up Circle posted:

Hey everyone. Just read the article that made demarcus cousins extremely mad and i have to agree. I can't read an opinion column that recites yelp reviews and I see why he was furious with this old guy now.

https://twitter.com/briancmahoney/status/508951491441614850

Cousins not giving two shits about the media is great.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Birdman is pretty old. He should probably retire.

chunkles posted:

He's at #10 in a row tonight so maybe Feigen just time travelled from 3 games in the future?

Yes, his statement is now accurate. 3+ 3P streaks:

code:
Player		 First		Last		Games
Stephen Curry	 11/9/2015	12/11/2015	17
Stephen Curry	 1/4/2016	2/3/2016	16
Stephen Curry	 3/29/2016	11/1/2016	13
George McCloud	 1/25/1996	2/19/1996	12
Eric Gordon	 11/25/2016	12/16/2016	12
Gilbert Arenas	 12/6/2006	12/27/2006	11
Kyle Lowry	 11/25/2016	12/16/2016	11
Damon Stoudamire 1/9/2005	1/26/2005	10
Allan Houston	 3/29/1995	4/18/1995	10
Reggie Miller	 3/2/1997	3/19/1997	10
Kyle Lowry also has a long streak going. The evolution of the league continues as more players are becoming insane 3P shooters.

WhyteRyce posted:

Boogie being an rear end in a top hat to reporters is not new, but the Sacramento Bee has really lovely sports coverage and personalities running things. It's why I snicker at the "Boogie would love playing for Boston!" things because if he can't handle snide rear end remarks or soft hit pieces from our podunk newspaper how the gently caress is he going to like dealing with any big city media.

I'm picturing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlCOs2D80Zg&feature=youtu.be&t=2m55s

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

WhyteRyce posted:

Hell yeah. People can say attitude problems or undiplomatic, but this is pretty spot on. Given that Alabama has something like two and a half times the population, and I'm betting the Euro reporter, in fact, did not. (If so, I bet the entire Slovenian team didn't, at least)

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

WhyteRyce posted:

I like Cousins.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Cool Buff Man posted:

He's a real big guy who's mobile for his size and is a solid rim runner. Under no circumstances should Bobby Portis ever be playing center.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

Watching the Rockets is cool and fun lately. Who could have thought signing people who can actually shoot would lead to a team who shoots tons of 3s being better. D'antoni has been surprisingly good, but really the big difference is Morey finally signed some players who can shoot a basketball and aren't named James Harden. Eric Gordon shooting 45%, Ryan Anderson 40%, Sam Dekker 38% vs Marcus Thornton at 33%, Josh Smith at 27%, Terrence Jones at 31%, Donatas Motiejunas at 28%. from behind the arc. Harden's assists go up, floor spacing is infinitely better, and there isn't Dwight Howard destroying the flow of any offense. Just tell me which animals I need to sacrifice to keep Eric Gordon healthy.

b0ng posted:

Rockets back court (Gordon, Beverly and Harden) combined for 71 points, 22 assists and 23 rebounds going 22-42 from the field and 16-32 from deep against the Pelicans last night. :wow:

Eric Gordon is the best 3P shooter this year. Best and worst 3P shooting so far:

code:
3NP	Player
74	Eric Gordon
69	Kyle Lowry
64	C.J. McCollum
48	Stephen Curry
41	J.J. Redick
39	Kemba Walker
38	Avery Bradley
37	Kyrie Irving
36	Wesley Matthews
35	Joe Ingles

-15	Corey Brewer
-16	Vince Carter
-16	Terrence Jones
-16	Nikola Mirotic
-16	Elfrid Payton
-18	Isaiah Canaan
-18	Marcus Smart
-18	Derrick Williams
-24	Andrew Harrison
3P shooting by team:

code:
3NP	Team
161	Houston Rockets
157	Cleveland Cavaliers
129	Toronto Raptors
112	Golden State Warriors
109	San Antonio Spurs
105	Los Angeles Clippers
87	Portland Trail Blazers
75	Utah Jazz
54	Boston Celtics
52	Indiana Pacers
46	Denver Nuggets
46	Philadelphia 76ers
41	New York Knicks
39	Washington Wizards
38	Charlotte Hornets
35	Milwaukee Bucks
22	Detroit Pistons
20	Minnesota Timberwolves
19	Sacramento Kings
15	Los Angeles Lakers
11	Orlando Magic
11	Dallas Mavericks
1	Phoenix Suns
-7	Atlanta Hawks
-9	Brooklyn Nets
-10	New Orleans Pelicans
-10	Memphis Grizzlies
-11	Oklahoma City Thunder
-13	Miami Heat
-47	Chicago Bulls

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

This is not fixed, this is made worse! Delete this

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Zogo posted:

Eric Gordon is the best 3P shooter this year. Best and worst 3P shooting so far:

The Real MVP.

I wish some crappy team would sign Ben Gordon, so he could get in on the 3-point craze.

edit:

quote:

Monday was the first time Furillo saw Cousins after the column published. The altercation started with a glare from Cousins, and quickly escalated as the player closed in on Furillo, shouting “We’re going to have some real f---ing issues. Don’t ever mention my brother again.” He continued his profane tirade, as teammate Garrett Temple got between the two and kept his arm around Cousins’ middle, and Kings spokesman Chris Clark motioned to Cousins to stop.

Furillo held his ground. That’s no small thing given Cousins’ strength and size. It likely helped that Furillo is an experienced journalist who was shot at as he covered riots in Los Angeles and threatened by family members of criminal defendants while he covered Sacramento’s Superior Court. He’s seen worse.

http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/joyce-terhaar/article121429187.html

Trade him for Christ's sake, so he can come back and drop 50 on the Kings while flipping off the press section.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 17, 2016

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Raptors gotta fix up their defense imo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jack's Flow posted:

The Real MVP.

I wish some crappy team would sign Ben Gordon, so he could get in on the 3-point craze.

edit:

http://www.sacbee.com/opinion/opn-columns-blogs/joyce-terhaar/article121429187.html

Trade him for Christ's sake, so he can come back and drop 50 on the Kings while flipping off the press section.

Unfortunately as WhyteRyce pointed out the media is just as petty except more prevalent almost everywhere else.

Although it really makes me think that if they have to move him that Phoenix is the perfect destination. Primarily for the fact that Phoenix could give up two quality guards to pair with Sacramento's big men without any sort of problem. But also the media is super soft here and only writes negative stories on guys who the team is trying to trade.

Rick fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 17, 2016

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i was just thinking to myself: what if boogie cousins was traded to the Boston Celtics

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

R.D. Mangles posted:

i was just thinking to myself: what if boogie cousins was traded to the Boston Celtics

Are you bill simmons

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

Every championship or assault and battery.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

R.D. Mangles posted:

Lebron would still win the East

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
russ with the pedestrian 26 pt 22 assist 11 rebound game against phoenix

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/810280139078725632

Metapod fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 18, 2016

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

What if DeMarcus Cousins was white

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Metapod posted:

any excuse to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8Gsn4hWRNA

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

What If DeMarcus Cousin Had A Robotic Exoskeleton And Signed With the Boston Celtics?

https://medium.com/@byctom/nba-what...3922#.6z08x0nza

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Metapod posted:

Adams had a great game too

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

R.D. Mangles posted:

What If DeMarcus Cousin Had A Robotic Exoskeleton And Signed With the Boston Celtics?

fantastic

Raikyn
Feb 22, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6e0abCt1ww

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Metapod posted:

Hitting the Shammgod in a triple double game should count as 10 wins for the purposes of MVP voting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
:3:

https://streamable.com/cacnt

• Locked thread