Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I did the shiny Mimikyu technique last night. Gosh he's cute but I feel kind of bad for exploding all the other ones with a moon laser dog. Had a panic moment when Effect Spore went off because I sent out the wrong Parasect but it was just sleep.

It was pretty great how it appeared though. I managed to doze off while doing it and when I woke up the shiny one was just there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Just picked up Sun after not playing any pokeymans since gen2. It's so... 3D :aaaaa:

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

repiv posted:

Just picked up Sun after not playing any pokeymans since gen2. It's so... 3D :aaaaa:

I haven't played since Gen 1. I'm lost as gently caress.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Well at least after you finish this game, there's like 18 years of other Pokemon games left you can play.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
How do I game genie in a Mew? I want it back.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Bum the Sad posted:

How do I game genie in a Mew? I want it back.

You buy the eShop version of RBY, and wait till January for the Pokemon Bank top open, then transfer Mew to SuMo.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Kikas posted:

You buy the eShop version of RBY, and wait till January for the Pokemon Bank top open, then transfer Mew to SuMo.

You can still do the ol fly or whatever trick?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Bum the Sad posted:

You can still do the ol fly or whatever trick?

All of the glitches are intact. Make sure you dont use TMs until you can cinnabar clone them.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Night Blade posted:

All of the glitches are intact. Make sure you dont use TMs until you can cinnabar clone them.

Huh why?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Are there any Pokemon you can only get in gen IV/V games (excluding B2W2), or that are a real pain to get in the newer ones? I've got a Victini I figure I should definitely send up to the bank, but I get the impression you can get most other legendaries in XY or ORAS, except the annoying event ones which I won't get anyway. I've finished Soul Silver and Diamond so I have like Dialga and Lugia and those, so mostly wondering about more out of the way ones.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

look man infinite bubblebeams are unbeatable

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
petting grimer feels gross

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

tyblazitar posted:

Are there any Pokemon you can only get in gen IV/V games (excluding B2W2), or that are a real pain to get in the newer ones? I've got a Victini I figure I should definitely send up to the bank, but I get the impression you can get most other legendaries in XY or ORAS, except the annoying event ones which I won't get anyway. I've finished Soul Silver and Diamond so I have like Dialga and Lugia and those, so mostly wondering about more out of the way ones.

The only Pokemon that aren't obtainable between XY, ORAS, and SM are event-only mons. However, a bunch of said event-only legendaries, including Victini, were made available for free over mystery gift recently so they aren't quite as rare as they used to be.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

mandatory lesbian posted:

look man infinite bubblebeams are unbeatable

I'm just confused as to why you would clone a TM. And how it would help.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Pakled posted:

The only Pokemon that aren't obtainable between XY, ORAS, and SM are event-only mons. However, a bunch of said event-only legendaries, including Victini, were made available for free over mystery gift recently so they aren't quite as rare as they used to be.

Yeah, unfortunately my Gen VI games are on a Japanese 3DS and as far as I can tell there's been no equivalent mystery gift distribution of event mons for Japan, at least not recently, so I've pretty much given up hope of a real living dex.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bum the Sad posted:

So you can teach more than one thing ever Earthquake? I don't understand the confusion.

Dr. Stab posted:

The shiny thing shouldn't be an issue, since you're only transferring forwards and not backwards. The personality value can always be composed to make a pokemon shiny without any other external effects.
Oh, that's fair. Yeah, that works.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Bum the Sad posted:

In gen 1 you only get to use each TM once so if you clone them you can use them more.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Yo where are you all getting the template for your E4 teams? I'm climbling the mountain as we speak, so I'll need it sooner or later. (PS: thanks WT guy who sent over a Sensu Oricorio, I was super pissed I wouldn't be able to complete my team theme until the post-game.)

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

FishBulb posted:

In gen 1 you only get to use each TM once so if you clone them you can use them more.

Ah ok. It's been 20 years nearly. Didn't remember that.

And to be clear we have no clue if the Pokebank will accept a glitched Mew from Red/Blue do we yet?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
When I'm SOS chaining for hidden ability Pokémon with abilities that I can't easily check for what are my options? I know to at least go for a 40 chain first.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Ok so now we've had Rival-champion, previous Elite 4 member-champion, random dude champion/previous gym leader-champion, lady-champion, hobo-champion/Ash companion-champion, 'nudder lady-champion, and now finally professor-champion*

so obviously gen 8 will have... mom-champion?

*I know Kukui wasn't technically champion but close enough

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
The next game will have Lillie champion. We already discussed this at length

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
What we need is a champion-champion

Elite 4 comprised of other region champions and then led by one

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Arcon posted:

What we need is a champion-champion

Elite 4 comprised of other region champions and then led by one

Ethan ascends to his rightful place

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

We need a champion with 5 Pokémon who then drops all pretenses, pulls out a buster sword and is his own final Pokémon.

Omnislash 200/100 5/5 Steel

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

JackDarko posted:

When I'm SOS chaining for hidden ability Pokémon with abilities that I can't easily check for what are my options? I know to at least go for a 40 chain first.
Skill Swap and Entrainment. Chance of HA caps at 15%.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

FishBulb posted:

The next game will have Lillie champion. We already discussed this at length

i dont wanna bully lillie though

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
The next game will have the Elite 4 be a series of 3v3 Pokemon Contests. Followed by Lillie in a special Champion Contest.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I bred a few boxes of Cubones yesterday attempting to breed for IVs. I sent them off into the Wonder Trade afterwards.

If you get a Cubone with a name like Dana Skully, Dr. Bones MD, Boney M or Calavera, it was probably one of mine.

I ended up getting a Mareanie, a couple Popplios, a bunch of Gibles and a ton of Abras, though one of them was at least Jolly with Synchronize.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bum the Sad posted:

Ah ok. It's been 20 years nearly. Didn't remember that.

And to be clear we have no clue if the Pokebank will accept a glitched Mew from Red/Blue do we yet?

well, the hope is that since the mew is legit in all ways as far as the game is concerned, they won't program the bank to not accept it

like there is nothing actually glitched about the mew, just the method of obtaining it

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The next champion will be Pokemon-champion. It's actually just a videogame adaption of Pokemon: The First Movie.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Kikas posted:

Wait, you can transfer from the eShop versions?!

I'm getting Mewtwo back.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

mandatory lesbian posted:

well, the hope is that since the mew is legit in all ways as far as the game is concerned, they won't program the bank to not accept it

like there is nothing actually glitched about the mew, just the method of obtaining it

I'll PayPal you $5 to give me a drat Mew when this poo poo comes out so I don't have to slog through Red again.

Must have pink pokemans.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah, that raises an interesting point. Are any of the eShop Pokemon games not the horribly buggy messes they used to be? I could see playing through Yellow maybe, but no Pokemon is worth revisiting the original Red & Blue.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

What is the best way to farm dittos?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Rangpur posted:

Yeah, that raises an interesting point. Are any of the eShop Pokemon games not the horribly buggy messes they used to be? I could see playing through Yellow maybe, but no Pokemon is worth revisiting the original Red & Blue.

They are exactly the horribly buggy messes they used to be.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Caught a Tapu Lele and I'm kinda shocked by her IV spread

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Two things so far playing Sun

1) gently caress SOS right now as I'm still under leveled. My whole team got pushed multiple times in by Rufflets cuz I couldn't kill them from high enough health.

2) Friendship based evolution seems terrible and dumb and bad.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
You can swap TM's for like 20 minutes to raise its friendship or just remember to catch what ever the gently caress it is in a friendship ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Bum the Sad posted:

You can swap TM's for like 20 minutes to raise its friendship

:eyepop: Well, dang.