Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

the fact that in xenoverse 2 we got loving SS3 Bardock asked for by literally no one, but were denied fun bullshit like SS3 Raditz is unforgizable.

Bardock is infinitely more popular than Radditz is. I don't get why but he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

to be fair, I don't see why raditz would be popular

bardock had a special all about him; raditz was some rear end in a top hat that got overshadowed by gohan's hidden power and goku dying

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

ImpAtom posted:

The saibaman are more popular than Raditz.

Because no one gives a gently caress about him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

to be fair, I don't see why raditz would be popular

bardock had a special all about him; raditz was some rear end in a top hat that got overshadowed by gohan's hidden power and goku dying

Raditz was the first dude who was so tough he made Goku and Piccolo (aka Proto-Vegeta) team up to fight him and in doing so lead to the death of Goku. It's kind of surprising he isn't a bigger villain than he is but I guess that's at least partially due to the fact he only has the most impact coming off Dragonball.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He was also only in like seven episodes in a series that at would go over 300 if you count both.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Raditz was the first dude who was so tough he made Goku and Piccolo (aka Proto-Vegeta) team up to fight him and in doing so lead to the death of Goku. It's kind of surprising he isn't a bigger villain than he is but I guess that's at least partially due to the fact he only has the most impact coming off Dragonball.

raditz comes and goes very fast and is instantly overshadowed by future villains. he's pure setup for later and he wasn't even the one that killed goku in the end. idk, I'm not seeing anything that someone might get attached to with raditz

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

raditz comes and goes very fast and is instantly overshadowed by future villains. he's pure setup for later and he wasn't even the one that killed goku in the end. idk, I'm not seeing anything that someone might get attached to with raditz

Eh. I don't think he should be the Most Popular Character Ever or anything but when a character is introduced by being the protagonist's long-lost brother and then doing an effortless 2-on-1 fight against the strongest characters in the series until that point it's kinda funny how he basically ranks belong Zarbon and Dodoria in how much people care.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Do you think if Raditz had stuck around and became a good guy, he would have just ended up filling Vegeta's role?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

I choose to live in denial of this.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Super's getting a new opening with the Universal Survival arc entitled LIMIT BREAK X SURVIVOR

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Do you think if Raditz had stuck around and became a good guy, he would have just ended up filling Vegeta's role?

I think in one of the Tenkaichi games there was a side story about this. I don't think it went past the Saiyan Saga but I vaguely remember that being a thing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think in one of the Tenkaichi games there was a side story about this. I don't think it went past the Saiyan Saga but I vaguely remember that being a thing.

it doesn't go past the saiyan saga because raditz loving kamikazes himself into vegeta and nappa's pods

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

it doesn't go past the saiyan saga because raditz loving kamikazes himself into vegeta and nappa's pods

Oh. Well they probably just wished him back like a couple days later.

All I remembered from it was that he got amnesia somehow and Gohan called him uncle, which I thought was cute.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Stairmaster posted:

kakarot calls her an alien though

I didn't edit that or have a translation when I posted it.

Bushmaori posted:

If anyone has a link to the english translation I would be oh so appreciative.

well... "English Translation" is a stretch.

They could be found at this website

http://caldostrong.com/2013/05/30/super-vegeta-den-1/

But it's been reading errors for me.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

Super's getting a new opening with the Universal Survival arc entitled LIMIT BREAK X SURVIVOR

Oh cool.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blockhouse posted:

I hope it's good. Super's current opening isn't bad but it has really worn out its welcome.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

Eh. I don't think he should be the Most Popular Character Ever or anything but when a character is introduced by being the protagonist's long-lost brother and then doing an effortless 2-on-1 fight against the strongest characters in the series until that point it's kinda funny how he basically ranks belong Zarbon and Dodoria in how much people care.

If Vegeta hadn't claimed Saibamen were each as strong as Raditz then he might have kept some supporters.

No way they were as strong as Raditz, though. Krillin killed like 5 of them in one blast, after only a year of extra training.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kelp Plankton posted:

turns out the arc is called Universe Survival because it's the multiverse tournament and every universe that loses will be destroyed

The gods are Monsters and must be stopped.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Coming from JoJo and Davepro's OP shenanigans, it shocked me to learn that cha la head cha la was used from the beginning of Z all the way through the end of Cell saga. (Partly because I watched the Toonami airing which usually cut the OPs altogether). Is that normal for anime, at least for the era?

Tangentially related, it's gonna be strange when/if DBZA switches to WE GOTTA POWA.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Kelp Plankton posted:

turns out the arc is called Universe Survival because it's the multiverse tournament and every universe that loses will be destroyed

good job goku

also explains why 17 is coming out of the mothballs and gohan has been training again, it's an all-hands-on-deck situation since they know people on par with goku and vegeta exist in other universes now

Yamcha has hands!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yamcha's gonna catch these hands you mean

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

If Vegeta hadn't claimed Saibamen were each as strong as Raditz then he might have kept some supporters.

No way they were as strong as Raditz, though. Krillin killed like 5 of them in one blast, after only a year of extra training.

They were training at Kamis, using all the special rooms and poo poo. They could have been training for centuries up there, you don't know what Popo gets up to off screeen!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

They were training at Kamis, using all the special rooms and poo poo. They could have been training for centuries up there, you don't know what Popo gets up to off screeen!

Goku trained at Kami's pre-Raditz. Was he holding out on Goku (probably)?

I like bigger numbers as much as the next guy but there was no plot reason for the humans to get considerably stronger than Raditz by that point (or ever). Stronger than a saibaman, weaker than a Nappa, these are arbitrary figures.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Dunno if this was posted yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHK-IgTfkBI

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Zeno is planning on destroying the majority of the multiverse with this tournament, basically making him the penultimate DB villain. So, you think Goku will fight Zeno by the end of the arc? I don't think they would just let him destroy so many people without trying to stop him. Maybe everyone will team up against him like the DC universe against the Anti-Monitor, or Marvel vs Thanos?

Pretty please let them fight Zeno!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 17, 2016

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yamcha has hands!

Does he have a fighting chance?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The whole thing with Zeno won't end in a multiverse battle against him, it'll end with Goku finding a third Zeno

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Carlosologist posted:

The whole thing with Zeno won't end in a multiverse battle against him, it'll end with Goku finding a third Zeno

I hope every arc concludes with another Zeno joining the party.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
It'll end with the declaration that everybody is a winner, because Super is written by goddamn Millenials.

ImpAtom posted:

He's a Soulja Boy.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

sassassin posted:

Goku trained at Kami's pre-Raditz. Was he holding out on Goku (probably)?

I like bigger numbers as much as the next guy but there was no plot reason for the humans to get considerably stronger than Raditz by that point (or ever). Stronger than a saibaman, weaker than a Nappa, these are arbitrary figures.

The point was that the humans had to be strong enough to survive for a reasonable amount of time, but weak enough that nappa can completely dominate the fight - for story reasons.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

That sure makes it look likeWhis and Vados's dad is the bad guy.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Yeah, I'm all in for this arc after that trailer. Looks and sounds ominous as gently caress.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
watch it end up as all the people from the destroyed universes get put into the winning universe or something

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I love that Dragon Ball tournaments are like straight up gladiator poo poo now.

This is going to own.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Elfgames posted:

watch it end up as all the people from the destroyed universes get put into the winning universe or something

Ah, this will be the secret origin of Bra.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Nah, Goku is going to start an argument between the 2 Zeno's which will end in them erasing each other from existence.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cSru30RCWs

Heh, I forgot about Vegeta trying to use Gohan as a surrogate rival

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is that really what bulma sounds like in Kai because wow

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

HitTheTargets posted:

It'll end with the declaration that everybody is a winner, because Super is written by goddamn Millenials.

goddamned kids and your shonen anime, get off my lawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Elfgames posted:

I wonder which universe General Rilldo is from.

• Locked thread