Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mode 7 Samurai
Jan 9, 2001

This story was actually taken right before my cat sneezed right in my mouth. I was telling her what a good girl she was and petting her, then she looked up at me and sneezed right in my mouth mid-sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Bubko likes going for walks and eating cake.

Kosice_july-12.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Kosice_july-63.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
She was a terrible German Shepherd. Frankly stupid, terrible sense of smell. But she was pretty, she was sweet, and protective of my wife and son. With just two cats and one dog left in the house with us, it seems empty.

Rest in peace, Gracie.

Grace by B. B., on Flickr

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Rest in peace Gracie, you were a good dogge.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I Did A Thing

My first thing with a DSLR too. :downs:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Annath posted:

I Did A Thing

My first thing with a DSLR too. :downs:

Schindler's dogge.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Sheba is the sweetest little cat. She loves to cuddle but she has no eyes.

untitled-82.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Kalen is a Maine Coon and is basically a Labrador with sociopathic tendencies.

untitled-47.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I'll make sure not to leave the 42" reflector on the floor and call this one hers I guess.

Untitled by Paul Hofreiter, on Flickr

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

We have a black cat and she loves to sit on anything that's black. So if you're going to make a habit of leaving reflectors on the floor maybe take that into account next time you're cat buying.. apparently they love to camouflage themselves.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

xzzy posted:

We have a black cat and she loves to sit on anything that's black. So if you're going to make a habit of leaving reflectors on the floor maybe take that into account next time you're cat buying.. apparently they love to camouflage themselves.

Well then I will have to occasionally put the black cover on then for the other cat haha.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I was testing out my lighting poo poo that came in the mail today, trying to take self portraits and whatnot since I needed a person to shoot, and my cat was just sitting like this for I don't even know how long...like, "why is he not taking MY picture"

Mode 7 Samurai
Jan 9, 2001

I snapped a few pictures of my cat while she was having a snoozer in her favorite sitting/laying spot:

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Just got a Magmod so I am pissing off the cats by shooting flashes at them repeatedly.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Getting back into the photography stuff after 15 years so I took a picture of a dog.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Sure, okay:

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Caught my cat's pupils adjusting as she walked into the sun. And I took the best picture ever.

Out of the shade by drschiebel, on Flickr

rio
Mar 20, 2008

tk posted:

Caught my cat's pupils adjusting as she walked into the sun. And I took the best picture ever.

Out of the shade by drschiebel, on Flickr

I don't know, I think it needs to be more tilted to be the best picture ever.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Playing around with my a new lens and had some fun with it.

Sauer
Sep 13, 2005

Socialize Everything!
Top and bottom dogs looks awesome. Where did you find a place to engrave letters on to your lens like that though?

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture
DSC02956

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.
Ro proudly displaying her tiger paintings.

Little Cat With Big Cat Artwork by William T Hornaday, on Flickr

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

'sup dog

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Ran a test roll through my Kiev 19 and my dog happened to be close by when I was wondering what to shoot with the last few from the roll.

Everybody, this is Dan; Dan, this is the Dorkroom. Dan is a 1 year old Great Dane who was abandoned in the forest by his original owners a few weeks ago :(

Kiev19032.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

"Polar"

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Nice watermark. I was going to steal it but now I can't!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My wife is big into basset hound rescue, so I've always got an excuse to take photos of cool looking dogs at least.

Naturally I at least try to focus on the eyes, but would others increase the DOF to have the nose somewhat in focus too on the front on shots? Obviously with people portraits its not too much of an issue in most cases but these dogs have some pretty long noses.

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.
Fat angry shitlord.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Kyra loves the snow. Really, really loves it.

Yes That is a Dog by B. B., on Flickr

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

My wife is big into basset hound rescue, so I've always got an excuse to take photos of cool looking dogs at least.

Naturally I at least try to focus on the eyes, but would others increase the DOF to have the nose somewhat in focus too on the front on shots? Obviously with people portraits its not too much of an issue in most cases but these dogs have some pretty long noses.
Also consider ears and eyes in focus, especially if they're attentive/perked. I try to get all three in the same plane.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha thats a great angle! Yeah I think next time I'm gonna mess around more with the DOF if needed. I shot mainly around f/4.5 the last time on a f/2.8 lens but I'll bump it another stop or so just to get some more foreground in focus while hopefully still throwing the background out a little.

Saffronica
Feb 10, 2009
This is Charlie, he's my good boy. He's an absolute goofball most of the time (so many goofy photos) so it's nice to shoot him when he's chilling out.

Bonus curious dog nose:

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Give Charlie lots of pats.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Dan in the snow.

IMG_4590.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

IMG_4628.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Playing with his friend Ruby (also a Dane)

IMG_4589.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Saffronica
Feb 10, 2009
Taken this afternoon, Charlie just woke up from a snooze. I really, really like how this came out. No editing at all.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Snoozin' dogs

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy

William T. Hornaday posted:

Ro proudly displaying her tiger paintings.

[very cute cat with a very cute painting behind her]

What paint did you use to make the painting? I've been wanting to make a little painting with my cats but I want to find a pet safe ink/dye/paint.

Here is Scarlett, pondering life's questions and wondering when/if she will be fed

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.

DeusExMchna posted:

What paint did you use to make the painting? I've been wanting to make a little painting with my cats but I want to find a pet safe ink/dye/paint.

Here is Scarlett, pondering life's questions and wondering when/if she will be fed

I didn't make those particular paintings as they were a gift from another zoo that I hosted a workshop at. We do however have a painting program with our own animals and tempera paint is what we're approved to use by our vets. Word of warning though, while tempera paint is non-toxic and water-based, there are times where is isn't 100% washable (grout and concrete seem to be the worst about staining) and I'd recommend settling for something like Crayola washable paint if you're at all concerned with it it getting all over your house.

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy

William T. Hornaday posted:

I didn't make those particular paintings as they were a gift from another zoo that I hosted a workshop at. We do however have a painting program with our own animals and tempera paint is what we're approved to use by our vets. Word of warning though, while tempera paint is non-toxic and water-based, there are times where is isn't 100% washable (grout and concrete seem to be the worst about staining) and I'd recommend settling for something like Crayola washable paint if you're at all concerned with it it getting all over your house.

Oh! Good to know, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.
Elladog out for a hike.