Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the response though poptart_fairy, the "know your audience" point is a useful thing to keep in mind.

Also, "corpsecel". Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I think this is the nexus of all the "this ____ has Cancer. Do not scroll by without typing AMEN" posts https://www.facebook.com/EverythingNow1/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

My dad shares pretty much everything from this page. It's always just "here's a retarded person, AMEN" or "this lady is really loving old, AMEN". What is Sina? Why are they doing this to us?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
So I'm on dialysis. Friday morning when it comes time to disconnect, the substitute nurse spies my phone open to a forum post including the bear confession meme. Ooh boy was that a mistake.

"I recognize that meme! What's your favorite meme. What site is that? Is it 9gag? Have you been on 9gag? I love that site..." Etc with very little input from me.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Choco1980 posted:

So I'm on dialysis. Friday morning when it comes time to disconnect,

Quite possible most terrifying start of a post I have seen. Pages worth of condolences rolled past in my head before I got to the next part and realised what "disconnect" meant and that it wasn't the same as "pulling the plug".

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
How would he be posting if he had the plug pulled on him

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

goose willis posted:

From the bed? I don't know. It was a fraction of a second of complete terror.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Even in death we cannot escape posting

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

*lies on death bed surrounded by loved ones. Pulls son in close with last strength, and murmurs in his ear in dying breath*

Dad...Gay...So...Whaaaaaatttt.....

:rip:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Choco1980 posted:

*lies on death bed surrounded by loved ones. Pulls son in close with last strength, and murmurs in his ear in dying breath*

Dad...Gay...So...Whaaaaaatttt.....

:rip:

Berth... El... Pup....

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Smash mouth....

...eat the eggs...

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Ularg posted:

I've been surprised about how many people, even goons, have started to use "human being" as a generalized insult like dick, oval office or bitch. Can't say the same about the N-word, though.

I feel your pain fellow Floridian.

Here in Florida, as long as you never talk about racism then everyone is happy and everything is okay. And you're the bad person for bringing race into the picture.

Florida goons! :hfive:

RFC2324 posted:

As you said, however, not everyone with racist views is a bigot. Some are just ignorant, and some just don't have the self awareness.

Take my wife's uncle. He wanders around spouting the n word and human being all the time, but his best friends are gay, and he has literally put his life on the line defending a black guy in a fight more than once.

I don't like being around him because he sounds like a bigot, but at the end of the day his actions speak louder than his words.

Quick story about actions verse words. My cousin is black. His uncle, my father, would take a bullet for him yet has said since he is black it is perfectly okay for the police to send 12 squad cars to his house thinking he is robbing the place because "black men have no business being in a white neighborhood". Just because someone would risk their life for someone doesn't mean they wouldn't let the normal day to day racism that ruins lives run rampant.

SwitchbladeKult has a new favorite as of 07:04 on Dec 18, 2016

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Throwing Turtles posted:

I saw where this was going and it was terrible, then it changed a bit and got worse, then it changed again and :allbuttons:

Edit
Hell even a google search for corpse borrowing turns up many results that are far less creepy then this post.

I dunno, there's something darkly amusing about it if it were being presented as a horror story. As a real thing it's pretty :aaaaa:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Holy loving gently caress, thread.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Choco1980 posted:

So I'm on dialysis. Friday morning when it comes time to disconnect, the substitute nurse spies my phone open to a forum post including the bear confession meme. Ooh boy was that a mistake.

"I recognize that meme! What's your favorite meme. What site is that? Is it 9gag? Have you been on 9gag? I love that site..." Etc with very little input from me.

Put more in.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

goose willis posted:

Watch out for the corpsecels.

(Which by the way come on, if we can't recognize that people make joke posts even on horrible forums that aren't this one...)

sex shop clearance rack
Jan 20, 2011

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

If anyone in here actually believe all white people are racist and is making that statement sincerely

Paging FAROOQ to the IOSM thread, FAROOQ to IOSM

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Data Graham posted:

Watch out for the corpsecels.

Hey, why do you think I got disconnected? :whatup:

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Oh god you broke Lottery Of Babylon

veggiebacon
Jul 14, 2015

Harmless IOSM, sans screenshots because effort:
I posted a status about seeing Rogue One today, ending with "spoiler alert:Bruce Willis was dead the whole time."
My aunt: Ahhh why give anything away. Is Bruce Willis really in the film?

Knowing my aunt, she is 100% serious and I may have just ruined the movie for her.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

It's me, I'm dead

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

goose willis posted:

It's me, I'm dead

Huh, I never really looked at your username. I thought you had a goose head on a muddy lady's body.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

C'mon, man, we all know you're gunning for mental health issues.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Imagine living your life like that, constantly seeing the HUD from Terminator, but made-up misogynistic bullshit.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

She "false accused" those men.

EDIT: LOL at "Huge Debts". Welcome to the world, basement shitball.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

My :effort: version:

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
I have to admit that even within the context of this thread I don't get this. Are they trying to say that a group of people have flaws and character defects like alcoholism or addiction to nicotine, but that's somehow the same thing as being a feminist or a single mother? And one of them has credit/debt issues? What the gently caress is any of this even supposed to mean to the target audience?

Edit: Also, what's Anon? Maybe that's why I don't get this.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

HairyManling posted:

Ignorance is bliss

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

HairyManling posted:

I have to admit that even within the context of this thread I don't get this. Are they trying to say that a group of people have flaws and character defects like alcoholism or addiction to nicotine, but that's somehow the same thing as being a feminist or a single mother? And one of them has credit/debt issues? What the gently caress is any of this even supposed to mean to the target audience?

Anonymous is the userbase of 4chan, and yes this image is not only trying to use these people's flaws as some sort of mark of inferiority, but also trying to lump being a feminist or a single mother in as flaws.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

It's this:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Uhh this doesn't make sense because Non-Americans don't speak English I mean hellooooo

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Isn't "J'appelle la police" essentially what Judge Dredd says? (I am the law).

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

Isn't "J'appelle la police" essentially what Judge Dredd says? (I am the law).

Yeah, she's a cop. And some neckbeard is bothering her on her day off.

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
youre thinking of je m'appelle

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I kind just presumed that the French wouldn't use the same word for called as in 'named' and in 'phonecall' like we do.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

A rare look into Donald Trump's mind.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

JESUS CHRIST WHY

So a while ago an old friend of mine got divorced and apparently lost her mind as a result. She added me to this group of "proud vikings" or some dumb poo poo which was posting some pretty blatant white pride poo poo and then she started posting a bunch of anti-Muslim and anti-immigration stuff so I ended up blocking her but not unfriending her. This showed up in my "people you may know" list today. I'm honestly disturbed. She used to be so fun and sweet. Now she's friends with literal and publicly open neo-nazis. This world sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
that cop is real cute yo