Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Man I can just hear how tired Matt is in the Project Justice video. He deserves a nice, long break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

He's been saying for ages that he wants to do more scripted/performative stuff but lack of time and occasional inertia from the other guys keeps it from happening all that often.

Their scripted stuff has always been really good, I'd totally be down for more of that. I hope Matt's first video back will be a new Arts & Crafts with Liam.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's over.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
The sadness has been defeated. Now Matt must rest for a few months from the trauma.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat's gonna stream more ff15, but on his own stream for some reason.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I don't have a One so I had no idea. Good to hear that that's not an issue though, cuz I wasn't about to make a Twitter account to send one message.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqlnF-19RWU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
The evil has been defeated, but at what cost!?

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
The ending to Omnikron must have been cut to hell because I think most of the actual plot was introduced and resolved in the last hour and also the palace of ix was for sure a level at some point.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

OK, so Omikron has been defeated, but Matt is missing after the final battle.

This means he's going to return later with a scar over his eye riding a motorcycle to save Pat from certain death.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
With Japanese buttrock blaring.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
GOODBYE. OUT. OMIKRON.

Wordnumber posted:

The ending to Omnikron must have been cut to hell because I think most of the actual plot was introduced and resolved in the last hour and also the palace of ix was for sure a level at some point.

You can really tell they started running out of time/money around the point where they went to arctic jail or whatever it was called. It's not quite as bad as Indigo Prophecy (only because Omikron is incomprehensible bullshit from beginning to end) but the game really starts ramming you through locations and plot points as quickly as possible from that point onwards.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Pat's "come ON, MAN!" is so heartfelt. How you could possibly have been expected to do it on normal difficulty I have no idea.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

David Cage needs a lobotomy. He's getting away with murder.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Pat's "come ON, MAN!" is so heartfelt.

I cried laughing when Astaroth just started waltzing off into the level geometry

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/810275677329117185

So apparently all but Liam have doppelgangers in Monaco?

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
"There’s a saying among Monaco fans: “Our club promises nothing and delivers less.”"

This is clearly a fan doing a work, but props nonetheless.

Justice Sloth fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Dec 18, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pat's stream is up: https://www.twitch.tv/angriestpat

edit: The brooklyn npc is killing pat right now

Tae fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Dec 18, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I can't wait till he runs into the fat FF7 fan.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

To put the nail into the coffin, the chocolate closet thing is not a gimmick, she is very mad that Pat ate candy again.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Many personal demons are being vanquished today.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

holy poo poo reboot's dead

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Hope Matt gets better, he's a funny and entertaining guy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

This stream needs a period counter because pat is going all the way

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Tae posted:

Pat's gonna stream more ff15, but on his own stream for some reason.

It would massively simplify bookkeeping. He's doing it on his own time, so any proceeds should go to him. Presumably the same reason Matt runs his own stream channel.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Man, I love me some lovely JRPGs that don't have any build to any story, but Omikron is the biggest load of inconsequential horse poo poo I've ever seen.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Three easy steps to a newer, better Best Friends:

1: Cut the podcast time in like, half, maybe a third.
2: Hire a dedicated editor.
3: Regularly scheduled streams.

I think that honestly frees up a RIDICULOUS amount of time, and would be way easier on basically everyone's sanity.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Personal taste, but I like long podcasts and don't care a ton for streams because I can almost never tune in for them and VODs lose some of the magic.

Granted, I'm all for them doing whatever's good for their sanity / frees them up for more interesting projects / etc.

I'm curious what they could even do to shorten the length of the podcast. Half of the humor comes from all the dumb tangents they get on, so forcing more structure or trying to rush through things seems like they'd lose some of that magic.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

See, yeah, I'm the opposite. I can do streams easy-peasy because I have two monitors and I'm at my computer for most of the day when I'm not at work, but I basically have no time for podcasts that last beyond like, an hour and a half, and the Best Friend Cast pushes four sometimes. I love the dumb tangents, but I think they try to cover way too much drat stuff and it turns into a day-long gauntlet.

Shorten or cut The Week, I feel like, since that's where most of the derailing tends to happen and they sometimes only get through like, half of it before they cut for sponsor break. That alone would probably save like an hour depending on the time cut.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Monathin posted:

See, yeah, I'm the opposite. I can do streams easy-peasy because I have two monitors and I'm at my computer for most of the day when I'm not at work, but I basically have no time for podcasts that last beyond like, an hour and a half, and the Best Friend Cast pushes four sometimes. I love the dumb tangents, but I think they try to cover way too much drat stuff and it turns into a day-long gauntlet.

Shorten or cut The Week, I feel like, since that's where most of the derailing tends to happen and they sometimes only get through like, half of it before they cut for sponsor break. That alone would probably save like an hour depending on the time cut.

You do know that it's possible to listen to podcasts on a computer right?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
They Should shorten the podcast somehow, but I love its length. It's a nice, meaty podcast that lasts me a day or two of commuting.

Their streams I don't usually make it to, but I enjoy them when possible. Specially the Heavy Rain one.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I feel like the podcast should be whatever length they want it to be. I think it would be bad if that started artificially cutting conversations short just to make it under some chosen time.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I like long podcasts too, they get me through a week's worth of workouts usually.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm with the long podcast support. They usually last just long enough to get me back and forth to work all week.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Long podcasts are pretty great, since they amount for up to 2 days of commuting for me too

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Long podcasts aren't fun for matt, though

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

3 hour meaty podcasts are good, except when they have guests because it's usually trying to squeeze blood out of water

1 hour podcasts are bad, look at waypoint's austin walker who barely can say anything and get through maybe 1 email question before bolting which sucks.

Blockhouse posted:

Long podcasts aren't fun for matt, though

He can just not go.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

A Youtube commenter on the final Ride to Hell LP video posted:

Pat was never quite the same after the Ride. When Matt turned off the console, something turned off in Pat as well. He seemed more distant and unsure of himself. He frightened more easily, and remembering things was harder, like he was swimming through a deep pool in his mind. He had nightmares. He didn't talk about them and Matt didn't ask. Conversation between the two happened less and less, until Matt said goodbye. He moved on. The channel moved on. Pat was left alone. He tried starting a novel, but with every page he grew more and more afraid of what might come leaking out of his mind and through his pen onto the page. He finally decided one day to take a trip to the park. He sat on his blanket in the warm sun and silently ate his lunch. The fresh air felt good. His eyes fell towards the last item in the picnic basket, the one wrapped gently in a oiled cloth. Pat carefully unwrapped the pistol and set it on the ground, watching it gleam in the sunlight. With just one tap, just one breath on the trigger, he thought, he would cause the hammer to strike the primer and cause the powder to ignite and send the bullet tearing out of the gun and into his-
Pat looked away from the gun and out towards the sunset, and thought about the pretty things.

This person played their trump card too early and for the wrong game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The podcasts are too long and it's crazy that they're only getting longer over time.

Tae posted:

3 hour meaty podcasts are good, except when they have guests because it's usually trying to squeeze blood out of water

I like it when they have guests and I wish they'd do it more often but I cringe when they bring them on from the get-go and expect them to sit through the entire thing - if it's someone they know and bullshit with all the time then sure, maybe, but if it's someone they don't know then do the interview as a pre-record and edit it in later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Andrast posted:

You do know that it's possible to listen to podcasts on a computer right?

I have dumb brain problems and focusing on podcasts while at the computer is impossible for me. :shrug:

Also I'd much rather they shorten the podcasts up than have Matt have to sit out of the podcasts. I think the friendcast is the longest podcast I listen to and its not like "arbitrarily cutting for time" is gonna be a thing, they just have to be more concise about some things, which they already do when one of them realizes theyve gone on too long.