Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

why would we need a BTTF remake when we're living BTTF2's Alternate Biff Universe. Cubs win. Cubs win!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

*closes large legal tome*

"it is true, there is no law preventing a dog from becoming a state-sanctioned executioner"

*children high-five as dog barks approvingly*

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

China Chinese food is nothing like American Chinese food.
depends realy

quote:

We on the Russia side will have vodka and krokodil. :v:
lol no russia will invade to share our :horse:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

what de over under on dat uh.... frog

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That DICK! posted:

what de over under on dat uh.... frog

da fuc k with that avatar, are the trumpers furries too?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i have an av again?

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

That DICK! posted:

i have an av again?

your old av triggered me to imagine that cartoon man yelling 'that DICK!!' every time

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

probably deserve whatever big thing is coming up next too

the greatest danger this country ever faces is Republican presidents with low approval ratings

I think people worrying that the country will somehow rally around Trump after a 9/11 type event is a stretch even for the brave new world of 2017. Bush got a mulligan because he actually was pretty good about making sure rhetorically we were all Americans. Trump will spend as much time poo poo talking people covering him unfavorably as he will the actual terrorists day of attack. No one right now who dislikes Trump will ever be swayable because he's personally poo poo on and will continue to poo poo on us. The general public also knows how this story plays out and we're really not at all excited about Iraq War III. It's no secret that the president skipped every security briefing so we know he didn't do poo poo to prevent whatever irradiated Manhattan. The problem for Trump is that he will only rally the people who are already behind him 1001%, while everyone else will be too loving burnt out on foreverwar to want to join in.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

deathbysnusnu posted:

I think people worrying that the country will somehow rally around Trump after a 9/11 type event is a stretch even for the brave new world of 2017. Bush got a mulligan because he actually was pretty good about making sure rhetorically we were all Americans. Trump will spend as much time poo poo talking people covering him unfavorably as he will the actual terrorists day of attack. No one right now who dislikes Trump will ever be swayable because he's personally poo poo on and will continue to poo poo on us. The general public also knows how this story plays out and we're really not at all excited about Iraq War III. It's no secret that the president skipped every security briefing so we know he didn't do poo poo to prevent whatever irradiated Manhattan. The problem for Trump is that he will only rally the people who are already behind him 1001%, while everyone else will be too loving burnt out on foreverwar to want to join in.

I don't think they'll rally around him but I think they think people will

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

a fleshy snood posted:

your old av triggered me to imagine that cartoon man yelling 'that DICK!!' every time

look here buddy ur avatar is no classical beauty yakno

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

I don't think they'll rally around him but I think they think people will

I'm just hoping 2017 can be like the 60's except the radical left actually wins. If I were in any position to be drafted, I'd sure as hell not go and I don't think a single person in the country wants to either.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

deathbysnusnu posted:

I'm just hoping 2017 can be like the 60's except the radical left actually wins. If I were in any position to be drafted, I'd sure as hell not go and I don't think a single person in the country wants to either.

aint no Iranian ever called me a LIEberal DEMONcRAT

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

a fleshy snood posted:

it was jim carrey from ace venture 2: nature calls and i miss it very much though i feel honored someone bought me a thing.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
welcome 2 trumps america

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRuSSWaBr44

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Oh God.

We are never going to be sure what is real or satire ever again.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

deathbysnusnu posted:

I'm just hoping 2017 can be like the 60's except the radical left actually wins.

you know as well as i do this can never happen, next year or any other

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Merriam-Webster is a pro-follow.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

deathbysnusnu posted:

I'm just hoping 2017 can be like the 60's except the radical left actually wins.
the last time the left won was when the dust bowl happened right after all of the wealth was taken from the populace

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the last time the left won was when the dust bowl happened right after all of the wealth was taken from the populace

so we're right on schedule then!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

That DICK! posted:

why would we need a BTTF remake when we're living BTTF2's Alternate Biff Universe. Cubs win. Cubs win!

The idea that the almanac would remain perfectly accurate even shortly after Biff started making his money is absurd.

Biff's money came from somewhere, and that money would've been in other people's pockets in the original timeline.

Each and every cent of it is like a butterfly flapping its wings. Add that poo poo up over a few years and tell me whether that college basketball game in 1976 ends with the exact same score. Bullshit. Why are sports results somehow Objective and static and immune to the effects of time travel?

Also it was like 20 pages thick. Did they write the results at the atomic scale?

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
in 2001 I wasnt very fluent in english. in french, "bless" is Hurt. when 9/11 happened, i said in several memorial charooms : "god didnt bless america, terrorists did"

:frogbon:

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Leviathan posted:

jfc i hope they never remake bttf...but since we live in the worst possible timeline i assume the first reboot starring zac efron as marty will hit circa mid trump's second term

Never fear

(at least about that)

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Back-Future-Never-Remade-72316.html

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Rex-Goliath posted:

holy moly i just realized that the distance between the 80s and the 50s is the same distance as now to when that movie was made

You're old.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

8th Line
Aug 1, 2016

the french truly are scum

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

FrensaGeran posted:

The idea that the almanac would remain perfectly accurate even shortly after Biff started making his money is absurd.

Biff's money came from somewhere, and that money would've been in other people's pockets in the original timeline.

Each and every cent of it is like a butterfly flapping its wings. Add that poo poo up over a few years and tell me whether that college basketball game in 1976 ends with the exact same score. Bullshit. Why are sports results somehow Objective and static and immune to the effects of time travel?

Also it was like 20 pages thick. Did they write the results at the atomic scale?

i never got the impression that biff's long-term wealth was based on the almanac, just that it let him win enough to enter a trump spiral of too much winning

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Highway robbery coming back bigly

job creation!!

lol way to piss off both sides

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

Lol @ this guy he's trying to be the Mormon Bo Burnham
The t-shirt he's wearing at 0:27 is from a Mormon Youth Camp L.O.L

--noted mroman smug n stuff

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

8th Line posted:

the french truly are scum

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

he doesn't even get that it's not limited to rap, like it's loving everywhere

actors/actresses, singers/musicians, athletes (almost all of the best soccer players were poor as gently caress and all they did was play when they were young and struggled to get where they are)

it's not that we love an underdog story, rags to riches, it's that those who struggle and have nothing often fight the hardest to obtain greatness; they have no backup plan to fall on so they pour everything they have into it

what i'm saying is i want to dip that guy's face in acid :waycool:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

he said scum

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
die cis cum

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

That's what I call a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

oh wait he said it's satire (after people pointed out how poo poo it is)

when did satire become the excuse to make something lovely?

1) satire should be funny or provide commentary about something in society 2) you shouldn't need to point out it's satire 3) it needs to be done well and the satirist needs to have talent

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

:trumppop:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Karl Sharks posted:

1) satire should be funny or provide commentary about something in society 2) you shouldn't need to point out it's satire 3) it needs to be done well and the satirist needs to have talent

um he was being sarcastic

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Karl Sharks posted:

Satire is life now owned

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

FrensaGeran posted:

You may be over-thinking this.

• Locked thread