Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Avshalom posted:

in australia the only place you can get goat meat is right in the central suburbs of the major cities, which is frustrating - australian farmers are happy to raise goat to meet urban community demand but are too precious to eat it themselves so there are all these fat juicy goats grazing our hillsides but not a kilo of goat cutlet to be seen

My grandmother grew up on a sheep station in Queensland and she said they had goat. I'm pretty sure Australia hasn't changed since she left so . . .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Shbobdb posted:

My grandmother grew up on a sheep station in Queensland and she said they had goat. I'm pretty sure Australia hasn't changed since she left so . . .
sheep stations on queensland are like wild-west levels of rural, they'd be killing and eating their own meat. i'm rural but it's "twenty minutes' drive from a supermarket" rural and that, the butchers and occasionally local farmers are where i buy my meat

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i had four beautiful young dairy goats until very recently, i had to sell them in preparation for moving back to the city :(

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
they went freshly wormed and vaccinated to a really nice big indigenous family from near a place called dunedoo, the one who's going to be their main owner is tertiary qualified in animal handling so she's more qualified to care for them than i ever was

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
...just in case anyone was wondering what happened to my goats

the sheep went as a pet lawn-mowing / small-scale breeder flock to a local family who are like fifth generation farmers and say they don't raise their own meat

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

rethink this

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

merry exmarx posted:

rethink this

Or, just as a rule of thumb, don't draw comparisons between rape and things that are not rape.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
listening to some joe rogan podcast interview with the singer from metallica and they've been talking about beekeeping for the past twenty minutes

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
bees have a hobo code they communicate via dance

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

merry exmarx posted:

rethink this

I can see this

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

The Muppets On PCP posted:

listening to some joe rogan podcast interview with the singer from metallica and they've been talking about beekeeping for the past twenty minutes

it's good stuff

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

bees have a hobo code they communicate via dance
same

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
hey r. mute, i was wrong — he's associate minister of immigration!

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
im making an official dadchat movie recommendation, look up Trancers 2

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
La La Land is really good, by the way, I recommend it

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Gin and Juche posted:

don't tell me what to do!

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Pirate Radar posted:

I can see this

the reasons for trouble in reporting sexual violence:

1. a victim's first point of contact with law enforcement is often someone authoritative or credulous and who treats sexual violence less seriously than it should be treated, discouraging the victim to go through with the process either actively or through their lack of commitment to the case

2. the criminal justice system is adversarial toward victims, and defense is not discouraged from bringing up every little negative detail of the victim's life to try to sway a jury. the idea of what constitutes consent is not widely agreed upon in society. even if an expert defines it to a jury, each juror still has their own individual biases on what they think consent is. so all defense has to do is sew enough doubt that the victim might have somehow given consent at some point. some football players have gotten off with sexual assault because the victim "moaned" at some point which to some dumb juries means "they wanted it".
likewise, the criminal justice system forces the victim, through their repeated testimony, to relive their traumatic event over and over again, while others gaslight them on how that didn't even happen.

3. because of society's views on sex relating to status, when allegations become public people in one's community may prefer to believe the perpetrator's word over a victim's and will blame/shun the victim for daring to come forward.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
if you like early 90s crap, check out stone cold

it's like an even dumber point break with the boz in the keanu reeves role, with zero pretensions of being quality cinema

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Rodatose posted:

the reasons for trouble in reporting sexual violence:

1. a victim's first point of contact with law enforcement is often someone authoritative or credulous and who treats sexual violence less seriously than it should be treated, discouraging the victim to go through with the process either actively or through their lack of commitment to the case

2. the criminal justice system is adversarial toward victims, and defense is not discouraged from bringing up every little negative detail of the victim's life to try to sway a jury. the idea of what constitutes consent is not widely agreed upon in society. even if an expert defines it to a jury, each juror still has their own individual biases on what they think consent is. so all defense has to do is sew enough doubt that the victim might have somehow given consent at some point. some football players have gotten off with sexual assault because the victim "moaned" at some point which to some dumb juries means "they wanted it".
likewise, the criminal justice system forces the victim, through their repeated testimony, to relive their traumatic event over and over again, while others gaslight them on how that didn't even happen.

3. because of society's views on sex relating to status, when allegations become public people in one's community may prefer to believe the perpetrator's word over a victim's and will blame/shun the victim for daring to come forward.

These are all true, but all I meant was that I'm reading her point as: Trump's argument against the CIA and FBI is "if you're telling the truth, why didn't you say something when it happened?"

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
makes sense to read like that

one other way the point could have been read is "people are unwilling to believe the investigations of law enforcement if it is socially convenient to not do so." which goes with point 3, i guess.

on the other hand, the tweet kinda goes against point 1 (depending on the makeup of whatever law investigation department) since law enforcement doesn't nearly do enough for victims to have their trust in the first place, and aren't always on their side.

Rodatose fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 18, 2016

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Gin and Juche posted:

For TV movies, the recent BBC adaptation of Shakespeare's Henry VI part 1 is superb. Sophie Okonedo should do more Shakespeare.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Pirate Radar posted:

I can see this

It's a pretty good demonstration, really, that no matter how authoritative the person, as soon as they make an accusation people don't want to believe they will be demonized.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Gin and Juche posted:

It stars Helen Hunt!!

Dollman is better.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Ugh. Where's the actual December political thread now?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Duke Igthorn posted:

*spooky voice* It's deaaaaaadd

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
seriously disappointed at the lack of jar jar in the latest trek wars installment

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

seriously disappointed at the lack of jar jar in the latest trek wars installment

how did you miss him?

clearly u weren't peepin that amazing cgi

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

The whole Saga of George Binks
http://imgur.com/gallery/iwOg6

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Dec 18, 2016

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Duke Igthorn posted:

lol someone doesn't know? Uspol is gone friend. Just post a thread about whatever topic you wish to discuss and someone will be along shortly to hurl abuse at you

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Happy holidays, everyone. I am missing a party today because of weather.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
These things are loving sweet.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Krampus is a badass.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBarS2VUqXc

this album owns

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Volkerball posted:

I'd be grinning like an idiot if I got to hold one, gj dude

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

so you didnt get to shoot one, just hold it

wow

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

joeburz posted:

so you didnt get to shoot one, just hold it

wow

We have a real lame way to test fire those, so it's not even cool to do. I shoot our full auto ar's every now and again when I get bored tho.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
into the air, with a bandolier of moonshine across the waist

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Krampus: It's 6 days til Christmas, we got a full bag of gifts, half a basket of faggots, it's cold... and I'm kinda Satan.
Nick: Hit it.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Volkerball posted:

heyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeryk
Aug 31, 2006

Ah. It must have been when I was younger.
Fun Shoe
Nice blunderbus

• Locked thread