Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I chuckled at hearing that Chirrut was a "Keeper of the Whills", since that was part of George Lucas's original goofy subtitles for his early drafts of the first film. What a weird thing to reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!

jisforjosh posted:

Didn't Giacchino score the movie over like a month or 2?

He only had 4 weeks.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I wish I had liked this more. I really loved Force Awakens but I was really, honestly bored for most of this movie until the final 30 mins. The only good performances were (I thought) Mads and Ben Mendelsohn. Would have liked to see more of both of them. The protagonists were all cardboard cutouts, painted with one or two character traits until said trait was used and/or subverted at the end. Absolutely no one in the cast has an ounce of the charisma Ridley, Issaac, or Boyega possess. Also, Forest Whitaker, a TRULY fine actor, should just take this as a sign to stay away from sci-fi movies. He just doesn't do well in them. I thought he was embarrassingly bad. I think I'm about done with sarcastic robots, too. CGI Tarkin looked like Jim Carrey from his crappy Christmas Carol movie. I DID think this was the best space battle of any Star Wars movie, which is usually my least favorite part of them. This one had clear goals, was shot excitingly and coherently, and did interesting new things. I really dug that. I'm still glad they're doing these spin-off movies, and I'll be there for the next one. This was just more "miss" than "hit" for me.

Thus far none of the Disney Star Wars stuff has clicked with me - Rebels, The Force Awakens, that lovely Tarkin novel, and now this. It's unfortunate, but maybe I really am sick of these Star Wars.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.

Entropic posted:

It's surprising to me that people are calling out the resurrected Peter Cushing stuff as weird and uncanny valley looking. I had the opposite reaction, where I found it slightly unsettling how seamless it was.

I think there's an element of nocebo effect there, where people want it to look bad so they convince themselves it does.

Then again it's been ages since I watched the original film.

I think a lot of people are gonna be mad in 2018 either because Han and Lando don't look like Harrison Ford and Billy D Williams, or because the actors have been made to look too much like them and it's weird.

I think CGI Tarkin, like basically everything else in this movie, really highlights that different people collect and process information differently.

It isn't that the experience is the same and people convince themselves they didn't have the experience. It is that people observe different elements when observing the same thing. Someone looking at how the muscles around the mouth are behaving literally isn't seeing the same thing as someone looking at the bone structure and skin of the face to do facial recognition.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Entropic posted:

That, Saw's "what will you do when they catch you" bit, "can you be trusted without your shackles", the TIE Fighter coming up right in front of Jyn, Jyn running towards the AT-ATs carrying the plans, and that shot of Jyn in Imperial garb with the halway lighting up behind her.. it seems like a ton of stuff to change, which makes me wonder how far they were even into the process of editing when they made the first trailer.

Its pretty clear that in the original cut Jyn is a member of Saw's terrorist force, who meets up with the alliance on Jedha & gets brought in. So she is a dangerous rebel terrorist from the faction the OT rebel alliance kind of excommunicated for being too XTREME.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Yeah the music to this and who ever decided to gently caress with the original Williams Star Wars score was a terrible idea. It's incredibly off putting because you recognize the opening riff and beginning of it then it does some weird poo poo and your brain is like " WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT"

Maybe I am alone in this but ever single time this happened I could not stop noticing it through out the film. Maybe because it's such a recognizable tune that you just instinctively flinch away with " NO BAD NO"

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I just kept thinking that the throwback music felt really out of place against the modern visual style.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

reagan posted:

Thus far none of the Disney Star Wars stuff has clicked with me - Rebels, The Force Awakens, that lovely Tarkin novel, and now this. It's unfortunate, but maybe I really am sick of these Star Wars.

I really liked this. It was bold where it needed to be and not overly cautious when it was treading the line. TFA played it almost too safe, but it worked well as a soft reboot.

My main complaint is the many changes of scenery in the first half; most of that could have been cut out or packed either on the same planet or on the death star speaking of vaders introduction . I think the cast could have been narrowed down a little aswell, to give more room for character development. The Space battle was the most coherent we've seen so far and it deserves credit for it.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 18, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The Space Battle was really good because they kept it rather light on the number of ships. There was not like 1000s of ships with poo poo all over the screen so it was pretty easy to follow.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

reagan posted:

Same. I don't know what it was about the movie, but everything about it just felt flat to me. I couldn't really get invested in any of the characters and the few scenes with Vader in them bothered me because I kept thinking about his wisecrack and that his mask looked weird, because it just looked like a guy wearing a Vader halloween helmet or something. I always remember that his cape covered the weird neck part of his mask or something in the old movies. Really weird complaint, sure, but it stood out for some reason. Especially when he just started busting out the lightsaber groove in the last bit and didn't seem at all like the original Vader. Another weird nitpick that bothered me is the thing they do with shadows in the first bit of the movie where they had like, a ring of the planet and the deathstar just be completely invisible until it wasn't. I was way more annoyed by that then I should have been.

But, right, actual issues with this movie. I guess I wasn't shocked everyone died? A lot of people seem to be, but it's like Metal Gear Solid V all over. This is a middle installment of a series with a very defined beginning, middle and end already. They're going to have to do something with all these new characters to explain why they weren't lingering around doing cool stuff during the original trilogy, so I had assumed they'd all die in the end right from the get-go. The fact that none of them were jedis was kind of refreshing though. Just a force sensitive dude who could fight good. A nice change of pace given how often starwars materials just like having someone be a jedi.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Entropic posted:

That, Saw's "what will you do when they catch you" bit, "can you be trusted without your shackles", the TIE Fighter coming up right in front of Jyn, Jyn running towards the AT-ATs carrying the plans, and that shot of Jyn in Imperial garb with the halway lighting up behind her.. it seems like a ton of stuff to change, which makes me wonder how far they were even into the process of editing when they made the first trailer.

I just watched the original trailer again, and I'm glad it came out so long ago and I didn't refresh myself before watching RO.

Not that I'm a stickler for details, but rather watching the trailer again made me remember that my initial hopes were that there was a lot more double crossing in the movie, when what we got was a pretty standard "every character is inherently morally good" and needs to find their way.

However, because I forgot that I expected something different, I actually liked the movie. It sold me that it was in the Star Wars universe, but wasn't meant to be a "real" installment and so it didn't have a lot of associated trope baggage or expectations.

Also all y'all freaking out over 2 seconds of screen time are nuts.

Crazyweasel fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 18, 2016

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is there a gif of that final scene flying around anywhere?

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Hollismason posted:

Yeah the music to this and who ever decided to gently caress with the original Williams Star Wars score was a terrible idea. It's incredibly off putting because you recognize the opening riff and beginning of it then it does some weird poo poo and your brain is like " WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT"

Maybe I am alone in this but ever single time this happened I could not stop noticing it through out the film. Maybe because it's such a recognizable tune that you just instinctively flinch away with " NO BAD NO"

For the first third of the movie or so it felt like Giacchino was afraid to totally commit to quoting leitmotifs from Star Wars. And so you have stuff like the title fanfare where it sounds almost like the normal SW opening crawl fanfare but not quite, and it just made the movie feel like one of those cheesy Star Wars parodies.

By the time we got to Yavin IV I felt the score had settled into a more "proper" Star Wars soundtrack instead of a cheap made-for-TV parody and was pretty strong through the end. Not quite Giacchino's best work, unfortunately, but I can't imagine the kind of pressure you'd be under if you had only a month to score the next Star Wars movie.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think it's funny that they went to all the trouble of these re-shoots because they were afraid the film was "pro-terror". Star Wars has always been pro-terror.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

General Dog posted:

I think it's funny that they went to all the trouble of these re-shoots because they were afraid the film was "pro-terror". Star Wars has always been pro-terror.

Until Rogue One, I don't think a Star Wars film has ever shown the Rebellion (or Rebellion analogue; depending on the story and timeframe) conducting an attack on the Empire (or Empire analogue) in the midst of a civilian population. That's what shocked me the most about Saw's cell of super-rebels

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!

Well Manicured Man posted:

For the first third of the movie or so it felt like Giacchino was afraid to totally commit to quoting leitmotifs from Star Wars. And so you have stuff like the title fanfare where it sounds almost like the normal SW opening crawl fanfare but not quite, and it just made the movie feel like one of those cheesy Star Wars parodies.

By the time we got to Yavin IV I felt the score had settled into a more "proper" Star Wars soundtrack instead of a cheap made-for-TV parody and was pretty strong through the end. Not quite Giacchino's best work, unfortunately, but I can't imagine the kind of pressure you'd be under if you had only a month to score the next Star Wars movie.

I think the biggest problem with the score is that Williams' music isn't afraid to play an active role in the films. It's front and center and commands your attention and is responsible for defining nearly half of what makes the original trilogy click single handedly. The music here was content with passively hanging out in the background and trying not to get in the way. Star Wars needs bombast and any piece in this movie could be easily swapped for any given scene and the change would go largely unnoticed, I reckon.

AwwJeah fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 18, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

AwwJeah posted:

I think the biggest problem with the score is that Williams' music isn't afraid to play an active role in the films. It's front and center and commands your attention and is responsible for defining nearly half of what makes the original trilogy click single handedly. The music here was content with passively hanging out in the background and trying not to get in the way. Star Wars needs bombast.

It even sounded like this. It would start up and then just kind disappear. Really odd.

LinkesAuge
Sep 7, 2011

Jerkface posted:

Its pretty clear that in the original cut Jyn is a member of Saw's terrorist force, who meets up with the alliance on Jedha & gets brought in. So she is a dangerous rebel terrorist from the faction the OT rebel alliance kind of excommunicated for being too XTREME.

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't have the guts to let Jeyn be a "terrorist" but I guess that's nowadays a tabu for "heroes" in US movies.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Is the dude's name seriously not Sol Guerrera

because that's General Grievous-tier levels of Star Wars Name and it being 'Saw' is lame

also I liked the part where everyone died just so that their deaths accomplished something and then they all died anyway, good poo poo

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Cyclomatic posted:

I think CGI Tarkin, like basically everything else in this movie, really highlights that different people collect and process information differently.

It isn't that the experience is the same and people convince themselves they didn't have the experience. It is that people observe different elements when observing the same thing. Someone looking at how the muscles around the mouth are behaving literally isn't seeing the same thing as someone looking at the bone structure and skin of the face to do facial recognition.

Yeah, it's entirely possible for multiple people to have different conflicting opinions without fighting over who's correct.

Like I said before, I didn't notice it was CGI tarkin until the end, only that he looked off from OT Tarkin due to the sinister complexion.

Soggy Cereal
Jan 8, 2011

I disliked the movie at first watch. The level of fanservice is just absurd and gratuitous, like almost as bad as Chewie and Yoda being friends. Like others said, I was looking for more character development. I thought the first third was too slow.

On my second viewing, I loved it. The concerns went away. (he loved big brother)

I think it's largely because I had to relinquish what I expected going in, based on the trailers, the reviews, and the things people said about the movie. "Inspiring speeches!" "Heist movie!" "Gritty war movie!" "Awesome female protagonist!" "Standalone story!"

All of this is blatantly wrong. The trailers tell a subtly but vitally different story than the movie. Like half of the lines and shots are just straight up different or not there.
This is a movie for existing Star Wars fans. It is devoted to continuity, references, and worldbuilding. It's pretty much a movie adaptation of a decent EU book, or a live action adaptation of a good Star Wars video game. You just have to embrace it.

If they had just sold it as extra backstory for A New Hope, I think it would make more sense. The marketing focusing so intently on Jyn Erso was bizarre and confusing. She is really only important to the story insofar as she is related to her dad. She's not a feisty badass who fights a TIE fighter on foot, or a criminal mastermind hired on to steal the plans, or a brilliant orator who sticks it to #Trump. She's great in the limited role that she has as the Death Star guy's daughter. The movie is at its best when it's an ensemble cast.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
It's ironic that a so-called standalone movie is so heavily reliant on being intimately familiar with a bunch of other movies.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Please define Fan Service. I don't understand what that means. It sounds retarded.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.

Hollismason posted:

Please define Fan Service. I don't understand what that means. It sounds retarded.

Wikipedia posted:

Fan service (ファンサービス fan sābisu?), fanservice, or service cut (サービスカット sābisu katto?),[1][2] is material in a work of fiction or in a fictional series which is intentionally added to please the audience.[3] The term originated in Japanese,[4][5] in the anime and manga fandom, but has been used in other languages and mediums. It is about "servicing" the fan[6] – giving the fans "exactly what they want."[7] Fan service usually refers to "gratuitous titillation", but can also refer to intertextual references to other series[3][8] or story and visual elements that audiences tend to desire.

Basically, Rogue One is Disney spending two hours jerking you off with references and nods to the Star Wars universe, showing you visual images that excite you as a fan, adding little tidbits of canon to tie up little minor plot points in other related works, etc.

Pretty much the only thing missing was a bathing suit scene where Leia, Mon, and Jyn played in the water on the beaches of the final planet, where Leia then has girl talk about how nice Jyn's breasts are and then gives them a squeeze.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Cyclomatic posted:

Basically, Rogue One is Disney spending two hours jerking you off with references and nods to the Star Wars universe, showing you visual images that excite you as a fan, adding little tidbits of canon to tie up little minor plot points in other related works, etc.

Pretty much the only thing missing was a bathing suit scene where Leia, Mon, and Jyn played in the water on the beaches of the final planet, where Leia then has girl talk about how nice Jyn's breasts are and then gives them a squeeze.

I'd watch that.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Hollismason posted:

Please define Sounds Retarded. I don't understand what that means. It

Obviously it is the service that comes to repair your ceiling fans.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

If you remove Jin from the movie every action that happens proceeds in essentially the exact same way until her awful rah rah speech, which is incredible for a protagonist. What does she actually do that another character couldn't? In what way was the protagonist essential to the film?

This movie was the schlockiest jerk job of Star Wars and I think it could have been really good

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Cyclomatic posted:

Hrmmm so they made a Star Wars film that made people who like Star Wars happy because they enjoy watching Star Wars.

Interesting...

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Hrmmm so they made a Star Wars film that made people who like Star Wars happy because they enjoy watching Star Wars.

Interesting...

There have been 6 Star Wars films that do this and are also good and interesting movies tho is the point

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It was pretty interesting that Everyone Dies. We get to see the Rebels actually do some guerilla style poo poo. Oh and Jyn is needed because they need to get the pilot from Saw, which was made pretty clear that the Rebellion and Saw were on bad terms and they figured she was the best chance to get the information from Saw. Also, Jyn changes her mind after seeing the holo message from her father and the devastating power of the Death Star.

I dunno I thought the motivations for everyone was pretty clear and characters actually did have arcs during the film.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That was the weakest point of the movie, for sure.

I get personally insulted when a film like this takes ten seconds to be like, Look, nerd! It's C3P0 and R2D2! You love them, dotchya', nerd?

Almost nobody on Earth doesn't know who Princess Leia is, but ending the film on a character who isn't even in the loving movie until that point is just insulting to all the original characters in this movie.

It's like they didn't trust us enough as an audience or themselves enough as filmmakers for this flick to stand on its own, so it keeps reaching out to our childhood and showing us things it knows we like.

The biggest compliment I can pay Force Awakens is that when it was giving me what I thought I wanted, having Han and Chewie doin' Han and Chewie stuff, I found myself thinking, "this is fine, but what're Rey and Finn up to?" And that's great. The new characters were good enough that I cared more about them than seeing my old friends.

This film doesn't trust itself enough to hold water without patching nonexistant holes with cameos and fanservice.

Now I should also say that I liked this movie a great deal and think it did a pretty good job of itself. I just hated that one thing it did, and boy did it keep doing it.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Saw the movie today and I doubt I'll be able to remember a single thing about it when I wake up tomorrow.

It was better than TFA, I guess.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'm sorry 30 seconds of the film were dedicated to some innocuous call backs and they held with tradition of having C3P0 and R2D2 appear in the film for like 1 line. You are some salty motherfuckers.

The Indiana Jones films did this with every single film after the first one.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Hollismason posted:

I'm sorry 30 seconds of the film were dedicated to some innocuous call backs and they held with tradition of having C3P0 and R2D2 appear in the film for like 1 line. You are some salty motherfuckers.

The Indiana Jones films did this with every single film after the first one.
I said I liked the film and didn't like one thing it did. I'm sorry this was personally offensive to you for some reason.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The more I think about the overall storyline of this film, the more I appreciate the...audacity of it. I think this is the most substantial affirmation of the KoTOR2 approach to Star Wars that we've gotten yet.

The Force is with us. And the Force...is also a cunning, ruthless, manipulative, abusive entity that uses and eventually discards us as we suit its needs.

Look at what happens in this film. Can you see the strings at work? The invisible hands guiding these hapless, ill-fated individuals through this elaborate series of events to get them exactly where they need to be at the exact times for the exact things to happen that need to happen in order for those final five seconds of the movie to go down the way it does? The Force whispers, cajoles, maneuvers these characters in just the right ways to set the intricate tapestry of schemes in motion. It presents them with just the right motivations they need to "choose" the choices that they do of their own "free will." And, indeed, the Force does watch and protect its soldiers in shrewd, skillful ways so that they survive long enough to do what needs to be done; blaster shots fly over their heads. Bombs explode just slightly to the side. They very coincidentally have just enough time to outrun the blast radius and get to safety from the superweapons.

The minute that these puppets have fulfilled their roles, however? The very moment that they've successfully accomplished their portion of the mission...their part in the heist...and they have nothing else to offer to the plan at hand? Well, there's no reason to go to any trouble to protect tools aren't useful to you anymore, is there? Time to toss them out and start polishing some new ones. So, of course, here "suddenly" come the lethal blaster shots, the expertly-aimed grenades, the nukes that you can no longer fly away from.

My god, this happens to every single character. Saw and Galen -- the former of whom has been soldiering on in defiance of the Empire for years and years -- survive just long enough to motivate Jyn into action. Chirrut and Baze are drawn into this plan by pure happenstance and twice survived the destruction of their home and faith...just to meet their end mere seconds after righting the message tower. Bodhi gets taken out by a bomb right after delivering the right message to the Rebels...who also then die, after having survived a hopeless battle up to that point. K-2SO? Goes down buying just the right amount of time in the right way. It seemed like Cassian would meet a premature, ignoble death...but no, the Force was not done with him yet, and drags him back onto the stage for one final killing, one final assassination in service of a demanding master.

They were pawns. They, and every other Rebel soldier throwing themselves into the cause, were pieces placed on the board to distract, divert, challenge, and physically impede the enemy forces, all to ensure the continued safety of the King and Queen...in this case, Leia and Luke (respectively), the true avatars of the Force and the two pieces that it absolutely would not sacrifice. How could the likes of Jyn, Cassian, Bodhi, Chirrut, and Baze compare to the Skywalkers, in the Force's eyes? We're talking about criminals, assassins, Empire-born laborers and droids, and half-Jedi. They, and every other volunteer soldier who (again, just so conveniently) have something to atone for, kill for, or die for, are the exact sorts of people that the Force would sacrifice -- not carelessly, but opportunely nonetheless -- in the name of preserving itself, righting itself.

This is truly a film about the dregs, the forgotten, the expendables...a film where the main characters are not the main characters of the franchise.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 18, 2016

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Hollismason posted:

It was pretty interesting that Everyone Dies. We get to see the Rebels actually do some guerilla style poo poo. Oh and Jyn is needed because they need to get the pilot from Saw, which was made pretty clear that the Rebellion and Saw were on bad terms and they figured she was the best chance to get the information from Saw. Also, Jyn changes her mind after seeing the holo message from her father and the devastating power of the Death Star.

I dunno I thought the motivations for everyone was pretty clear and characters actually did have arcs during the film.

The rebels were doing guerilla poo poo in the OT too--half of RotJ is guerilla poo poo. Also based on what we see in the film why are Forrest Whittaker and the rebellion on bad terms? Based on what we see why would Forrest Whittaker not have given the info once he knew it was legit?

And she changes her mind how? You're picking up these things because we're told them, but it doesn't earn any of it. Why on earth would we feel bad about these people dying when no one knows their names? Or why they're motivated? Or how they feel about one another?

"Because they're the good guys!!!!" right?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Waffles Inc. posted:

If you remove Jin from the movie every action that happens proceeds in essentially the exact same way until her awful rah rah speech, which is incredible for a protagonist. What does she actually do that another character couldn't? In what way was the protagonist essential to the film?

This movie was the schlockiest jerk job of Star Wars and I think it could have been really good

She doesn't really need to be some sort of specialist. Most people aren't savants. She's there because she wants to find her family (and then fulfill her father and Saw's wishes). Her speech is bad because its supposed to be bad; her and cass awkwardly shift about beforehand, she delivers it in an uncinematic way, and everyone stands there agreeing but not being fired up.

Film rules are often guidelines rather than hard rules, and there are scenarios where you dont want to follow them. Jyn is not special, she's not hyper competent, not cunning, not a space wizard, not a samurai, not a dashing rogue, she's an awkward rogue soldier who willingly kills herself to advance the Rebel cause.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

BrianWilly posted:

This is truly a film about the dregs, the forgotten, the expendables...a film where the main characters are not the main characters of the franchise.

I can get on board with this.

We even get Rebel not-Vader and Imperial not-Tarkin just like in TFA but we explicitly are shown that these ones are expendable both to us and to the Force

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Wow opinions on every element of R1 are all over the show. Some are saying Tarken was super realistic, some are saying Leia wasn't. I see it the other way around for sure.

Rewatching Attack of The Clones - I forgot the 'terrorist bomb' explosion at the start. 'I shouldn't have come back.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Be careful not to CHOKE on your aspirations.... you see what I did there? It's funny because I'm force-choking you.

I slept on it and this movie still flat out sucks except for the final act. I'm still salty about the framerate more than anything. Like there should be some way to find out before watching a movie if it is going to go into 120hz "True Motion" Sports Mode. I find it hard to believe I'm the only one outraged... cinema is going to be loving ruined if there's not more outcry.

• Locked thread