Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Regrowth must do damage to potentially trigger, if the 1h hammer is doing damage then that might work. The shield weapons notably don't work because only the first rat takes damage from the weapon, which is what makes bloodlust so much better.

The 2h hammer hits like 6 rats with damage and therefore regrowth charged attack actually could be argued to make some sense, but I feel it still doesn't because it caps out at like 3%, which is so low as to be worthless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
^^Ah, that would explain why Regrowth on the 1h sword felt so useless. It hits infinite rats but only hurts 2 or 3 and the max proc chance is really low.

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby

Lunethex posted:

You can now officially call yourself a Vermintide Veteran.
I just wanted to mine some ratmen and roll an orange pick, now I'm scared of getting close to walls. :(

My Soviet Sister rolled a Pick the first time we did a DLC map on Nightmare, with Bloodlust, Swift Slaying (normal attack), and Devastating Blow. I hate him.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Coolguye posted:

Regrowth must do damage to potentially trigger, if the 1h hammer is doing damage then that might work. The shield weapons notably don't work because only the first rat takes damage from the weapon, which is what makes bloodlust so much better.

The 2h hammer hits like 6 rats with damage and therefore regrowth charged attack actually could be argued to make some sense, but I feel it still doesn't because it caps out at like 3%, which is so low as to be worthless.

Note that the Pick hits like 5 rats for damage with each light attacks. :getin:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Man, 2 votes to kick is just NOT good enough. If I start a lobby myself I need to be able to kick level 9s ffs.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Night10194 posted:

The Bolt Staff is still really good at killing shitloads of little rats when they're charging at you, too.

You just use the loving machine gun mode mounted on it to do it instead of the autoaim bolt for everything, now.

Came in to post exactly this. I'm a little wistful at no longer topping like six postgame categories just because I picked bolt BW and didn't drop during the game, but the actual flow of the character is so much more dynamic now and it turns out I proc Bloodlust way more with the LMB fire anyway. Weird.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The swords have a higher damage bar but the mace clearly does way more damage. Lol update your poo poo fatshark

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Also I don't know when I'll stop wooting softly IRL when bolts hit the loving stormvermin I'm aiming at instead of veering off into east jesus the middle of nowhere to hit a just-spawned naked clanrat, but I hope its no time soon.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

The only DLC I've done for this was secretly piggybacking on a dude I looked up on Steam because I wanted to talk poo poo about him always joining my games and dying -- then I saw he was in Drachenfels.

.... It was a lovely experience. Everything felt badly directed and needlessly huge and drab and I never really knew why anything was going on. Would I feel the same way about Karak Azgaraz?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Karak Azgaraz is visually stunning and has better level design.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
It's got music too, which is more than can be said about the rest of the game. In all seriousness they're amazing maps, they feel totally new and they have wide open areas and cramped spaces strung together by great pacing. Their best maps yet.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 18, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lunethex posted:

It's got music too, which is more than can be said about the rest of the game. In all seriousness they're amazing maps, they feel totally new and they have wide open areas and cramped spaces strung together by great pacing. Their best maps yet.

They also do some neat gimmicks with visibility, like the big bit where the steam keeps building because you're trying to stop a dwarven brewery from exploding and taking half the mountain with it and so as the waves come you have less and less vision.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i like all the dlc maps but the dwarf ones are definitely cooler.

also, i got an orange crossbow earlier and i'm actually excited to use it. these are new times

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Cursed Rune is legit as hell with the cold winter's morning over the frozen waterfall and the big dwarf-hold.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

With the exception of dungeons due to the darkness portion, I don't understand how you can like any one of the main game/drachenfels/karak azgaraz but dislike any other. They are all of comparable quality. Karak does have the most unique artwork so it feels the most fresh.

Karak is more intelligently designed in terms of reward though. While the drachenfels levels themselves are great, dungeons is way too hard to have 2 tomes and 2 grimoires, with the second grimoire being inordinately annoying to get, and summer's peak is way too long to have no books at all. At the end of the day most players are going to care about the reward, so you don't see people choose those levels for fun very often.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

The only DLC I've done for this was secretly piggybacking on a dude I looked up on Steam because I wanted to talk poo poo about him always joining my games and dying

You seem like a cool and fun person to play with.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Digirat posted:

You seem like a cool and fun person to play with.

Generally it works out fine but I have an insane capacity for pettiness when someone is a shithead to me. I ain't even gonna try to pretend it's not a personality flaw, but in fairness he said some pretty awful stuff every time he joined and got his dumb rear end killed.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

So I heard this game was goo ppffffhahaha sorry couldn't say it with a straight type.

Sorry vermin bad. You'll never be a good game.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

ok

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
^I can't believe you have done this to me, my posting career is ruined^

grimcreaper posted:

So I heard this game was goo ppffffhahaha sorry couldn't say it with a straight type.

ok

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

grimcreaper posted:

don't you have a couple hundred hours in starbound. i'm not sure if your judgment is exactly the best here

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Rats! Grimcreaped again!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
That feeling when you totally would have taken the least damage by far except for those two times you had too much fun DBZing swarms and blew yourself up with magic.

On hard :discourse:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i like all the dlc maps but the dwarf ones are definitely cooler.

also, i got an orange crossbow earlier and i'm actually excited to use it. these are new times

I've got an orange mastercrafted rupture blunderbuss and now not only do I use it, I do so gleefully. Flattening waves of rats with penetrating buchshot owns.

Edit: Chugging a strength pot and blind firing that blunderbuss into a stormvermin pack and soloing 2/3rs of it owns.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

DeathSandwich posted:

I've got an orange mastercrafted rupture blunderbuss and now not only do I use it, I do so gleefully. Flattening waves of rats with penetrating buchshot owns.

Edit: Chugging a strength pot and blind firing that blunderbuss into a stormvermin pack and soloing 2/3rs of it owns.

my orange grudgaraker has both rupture and hail of doom on it, so it's fun as hell to be able to do a solid couple of shots into a few stormvermin and be able to reliably take out one or more each time i do it. maybe not the most optimal thing in the world, but it's been nice against the few times my group has aggroed a patrol with like 20 of the fuckers. if i have room to back up it's much more useful than trying to do the whole melee dance. i'm glad they buffed the shotguns to actually be worth something now.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

don't you have a couple hundred hours in starbound. i'm not sure if your judgment is exactly the best here

Aren't you a star citizen backer?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

grimcreaper posted:

Aren't you a star citizen backer?

???

no?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Oh, okay.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is it my imagination or do shared speed potions still gently caress up shield bashes

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

LUMBERFOOTS

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
Can you only get the dwarf pick by playing the new DLC levels? Is it worth trying to farm for one on easy or something? Want it so bad.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is it my imagination or do shared speed potions still gently caress up shield bashes

Yeah they never fixed speed potions bugging shield charge attacks (although I think they claimed they did once). It's very annoying and ruins heroic killing blow attempts.

Pumpking posted:

Can you only get the dwarf pick by playing the new DLC levels? Is it worth trying to farm for one on easy or something? Want it so bad.

Yes and no, just remember to equip the dwarf trinket before you play any of them

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
To be fair the dwarf maps are really fun to play so I'm sure if I just play normally I'll get one eventually.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Not putting the HUD Elements to the edge of the screen

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
You pro-player's fuckin' weird FOVs are bizarre to me.

Also fireball staff is dope as gently caress. It hurts rats as it goes through them and when it blows up on the ground, and you don't have to fully charge to make it go through rats. I guess that's the reason they put that gif from the intro movie at the top of the patch notes.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Also it goes through players so those poo poo heads that constantly strafe in front of me don't stop the rat killing.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Ok so. I played a few rounds and the game itself is still fun. But why is the poo poo loot system so bad it makes me hate the game?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

grimcreaper posted:

Ok so. I played a few rounds and the game itself is still fun. But why is the poo poo loot system so bad it makes me hate the game?

Because they're treating the items like Diablo 3 loot instead of tf2 items

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Just play on Hard or preferably NM, you'll have oranges out the rear end pretty quick and Nightmare despite the name, isn't all that hard if you're alright at the game, it's Cata where the game actually hits that "Miserably awful without a group of dudes" point.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Because they're treating the items like Diablo 3 loot instead of tf2 items

Having not played Diablo 3 I feel like, in the vein of Diablo, that it should be the other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

things like the shrine and bounty board make getting oranges way easier than it ever was before. also the revamped nightmare and cata loot tables are great

• Locked thread