Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Condiv posted:

i like all the coleman product placement in the game

Ebony is a real coffee brand too I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

RatHat posted:

Ebony is a real coffee brand too I think.

No not really. The only 3 paid placement sponsors are Amex, Coleman, and Cup Noodles.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Cup noodles brand cup noodles?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

RatHat posted:

Cup noodles brand cup noodles?

Nissin Cup Noodles brand instant ramen

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Was there some reason to not immediately use the fuckoff black hole attack on every enemy you encounter in chapter 13? Aside from the little imps, and the spider thing that appeared to be immune to it.

Really I think the chapter could be entirely fixed if they didn't turn off the sprint button, and didn't even try to tell you that it's a "stealth" section.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Triarii posted:

Was there some reason to not immediately use the fuckoff black hole attack on every enemy you encounter in chapter 13? Aside from the little imps, and the spider thing that appeared to be immune to it.

Really I think the chapter could be entirely fixed if they didn't turn off the sprint button, and didn't even try to tell you that it's a "stealth" section.

It uses all of your MP. Easier to just dodge-Holy everything to death.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

RatHat posted:

It uses all of your MP. Easier to just dodge-Holy everything to death.

I tried that but it seemed to take longer than blowing all of your MP and then moving on to the next fight while it recharged.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Just a PSA you can turn in hunts to ANY huntquest giver. You don't have to run the annoying places

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Triarii posted:

if you use it and another enemy shows up shortly after you're kinda helpless

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Got the quest for the Liege of the Lake. Went there, caught every fish on the radar. It wasn't there. Hell of a fishing experience!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Liege and the Devil both don't show up on radar if you aren't already level 10 IIRC

if you were, uhhh. Idk

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

Liege and the Devil both don't show up on radar if you aren't already level 10 IIRC

if you were, uhhh. Idk

Liege showed up in my game fishing level 5

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Yes, correct. You need level 10 to see them on the minimap. Under that, you're looking for large masses in the water after casting.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'm still in chapter six but it's because I've been doing a bunch of dumb sidequests but with how bad everyone says chapter 13 is I think I need to see it with my own eyes before they patch it

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

triple sulk posted:

I'm still in chapter six but it's because I've been doing a bunch of dumb sidequests but with how bad everyone says chapter 13 is I think I need to see it with my own eyes before they patch it

I liked it. You get a new toy and the atmosphere is different than most of the game. Can also take breaks at reasonable intervals.

Was it too long? I think so, but at worst I was a little annoyed for a few minutes. When I think of lovely experiences in videogames this year, it's for things like the PC port of Arkham Knight.

Edit - This isn't to invalidate others' experiences; they didn't like it, that's their call.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Got him the second time. 208 pounds and 826 left on the line. I'm super good at doing a fish.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

No not really. The only 3 paid placement sponsors are Amex, Coleman, and Cup Noodles.

There's a Vivienne Westwood shop in Altissia.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
About to head into Menace Costlemark, any tips? I've got Ignis rocking The Grand Chamberlain, a bunch of healcast magic and a few limit break spells, every one has full glass cannon builds because I'll be chomping Adamantoise steak the first chance I get which will give everyone 9,999 health and +600 attack anyway. Should I go with the Golden Tail Soup instead for auto crits or does the +600 ATK outweigh that?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Does limit break on link strikes count the command ones or just the ones that happen on their own?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Now I'm doing Chocobo races and let me just say I'm glad Ignis loses his sight.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

The Macaroni posted:

Looked back a couple pages and didn't see this: I got the game a couple days back and was doing fine on hunting quests at first. But any hunting quest with a recommended level of 11 or greater has been literally impossible. As in I use all my healing items and I've only got 30% damage on one of the monsters. I'm level 15 and I've been boosting stuff in Ascension. Do I have to wait for some plot point to happen, or am I supposed to be this weak at level 15? Regular random encounters and the 2-3 boss battles I've seen were just fine.

:gitgud:

Calaveron posted:

A flying goddamn comfortable convertible sedan that seats 4 was what excited me the most out of all the content shown in those stupid trailers, and you're telling me they made it lovely? How could they gently caress that up

Chitty lovely bang kaboom

RatHat posted:

So there's a special animation if you summon Gaia against Adamantoise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn1PQ48sPF4

By the way, what accessories do you guys use for your bros? Should I just try to get as much HP as I can + maybe a ribbon?

That's pretty sweet. Wonder if the other summons have special animations for adamantoise too

ApplesandOranges posted:

To be fair, we've only seen them use the phones for... well, calling people. No evidence of any other functionality on it so far.

They play King's Knight against each other on them

Soul Glo posted:

I'm in Ch 13-- is there a better drop for a Sturdy Helixhorn than farming these two Duplicorns in this hunt? I'm already using the mother child rice bowl and still can't get the thing to drop

e: Got it very next try. There has to be a word for this phenomenon of asking about something and then getting it immediately, it seems to happen all the time

It's called the dad effect, things don't work until your dad gets within 20 feet

Heavy Metal posted:

We see the conversation of them around the campfire, since it shows that scene after the ending. That chapter was a slam dunk for me, though I would've liked talking to an older Cindy

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So I'm just gonna say, Ramuh having Ixion as his staff loving rules.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Barudak posted:

So I'm just gonna say, Ramuh having Ixion as his staff loving rules.

Wait, poo poo, he does? I never noticed that.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I was in the sewers killing monsters and was getting kind of owned and it popped up to summon. I did and Ramuh came out and threw that staff through the ceiling to hit those loving dudes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

That's pretty sweet. Wonder if the other summons have special animations for adamantoise too

Remiu uses his standard one, at least. I've never had Shiva show up..

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So I don't get this magic cooldown or something. I just beat Deadeye but did it with regular fighting because the game refused to let me cast a spell.

I missed my first cast which was the last of that flask. So I equipped another one and even after the cooldown was done I just couldn't throw a spell at him.

I guess I'm lucky that the barrels were apparently pointless because he was a fairly simple fight.

What in the hell was I doing wrong?

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Dec 18, 2016

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The 3rd fishing quest won't show up for me. I'm in chapter 8 and have done a bunch of vesper pool quests. What's the trigger?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Wait, poo poo, he does? I never noticed that.

Yeah, I thought it was a great minor detail. Don't know if the other summons hide anything like that.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

JetsGuy posted:

So I don't get this magic cooldown or something. I just beat Deadeye but did it with regular fighting because the game refused to let me cast a spell.

I missed my first cast which was the last of that flask. So I equipped another one and even after the cooldown was done I just couldn't throw a spell at him.

I guess I'm lucky that the barrels were apparently pointless because he was a fairly simple fight.

What in the hell was I doing wrong?

So it's still not letting me cast. Something is hosed up.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

JetsGuy posted:

The only thing I can think of is that you're forgetting to actually switch to the spell as your equipment.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Whooo! I beat the Costlemark murderdungeon! It was actually much easier than I anticipated, I didn't even use any of my healcasts in the end.
Pretty sure I'm 100% complete now in terms of main and side quests minus the little 'give me a potion/repair kit' things which im sure there are more of somewhere.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

ApplesandOranges posted:

The only thing I can think of is that you're forgetting to actually switch to the spell as your equipment.

lol I've made that mistake before but definitely not the issue here

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

exploded mummy posted:

Incorrect:

http://www.ebonycoffee.co.nz/

this is the source of "Ebony' and their logo is featured alongside Amex, Coleman, Nissin, and Vivienne Westwood (designer of Luna's wedding dress) in the "tie ups" section of the credits

Hope this helps!

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Just to be sure, this is all the current big post game content right?
Pitioss Dungeon
Menace beneath Lucis Dungeons
Randolph Weapon quests
Adamantoise Hunt

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

About to head into Menace Costlemark, any tips? I've got Ignis rocking The Grand Chamberlain, a bunch of healcast magic and a few limit break spells, every one has full glass cannon builds because I'll be chomping Adamantoise steak the first chance I get which will give everyone 9,999 health and +600 attack anyway. Should I go with the Golden Tail Soup instead for auto crits or does the +600 ATK outweigh that?

According to the few videos I've seen about maximizing damage, the Golden Tail soup is actually better, but the sheer huge attack buff the Adamantoise steak gives you makes them both more or less equal.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

JetsGuy posted:

The only time that happened to me equipping a different spell fixed it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Just hit chapter 4 and I feel like I... hate this game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Steve2911 posted:

Just hit chapter 4 and I feel like I... hate this game?

If you really dislike the game by chapter 4 then I'd give up on it as chapter 1-5 are usually considered the high points.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

Gologle posted:

According to the few videos I've seen about maximizing damage, the Golden Tail soup is actually better, but the sheer huge attack buff the Adamantoise steak gives you makes them both more or less equal.

Yeah after spending time with both they are pretty much equal but for some reason Golden Tail is a little better which is odd because the steak is more annoying to get ingredients for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-ZTHs0Iyn8

Spoilers obviously.

• Locked thread