Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Baloogan posted:

help help im being oppressed

Lol yes that is what I said, I wasn't mocking it as an idiotic rule
Ed: Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
does the primary rule cover my martin o'malley/rubio slashfic that i'm going to post anyday now or not

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

rudatron posted:

does the primary rule cover my martin o'malley/rubio slashfic that i'm going to post anyday now or not

if it makes you cum, they can't probate for it, that is a rule

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/02/11/stop-sending-around-this-photo-of-bernie-sanders/?utm_term=.7733591a4932

Hello Goat.se my old friend.

Oh sorry was just talking about the content. Not a literally link to goat.se Safe for Work

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
is there an appropriate cspam quarantine thread for primary salt because i have SOOOO much. I might consider making one if that's something this community is calling out for.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

FuriousxGeorge posted:

is there an appropriate cspam quarantine thread for primary salt because i have SOOOO much. I might consider making one if that's something this community is calling out for.

Any talk about the bad dem primary leads to a probation.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Several pages back but

Main Paineframe posted:

it'll be a problem if the young people stand by and let Congress repeal SS and Medicare as soon as the boomer lobby is too senile to stop it

did you like not read the post you quoted or something

By the time that happens, the young people in question will be older, will have paid more of their own money into Social Security and therefore be more invested in its continued existence, and will have less of a youthful impression that their own old age is millenia away, and they will be less willing to give it up

The stats are not indicative of a sea change in ideology regarding social security, they are indicative of young people not thinking retirement benefits are as important because they are young. By the time old people are dead/senile, young people will be older.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Ironically enough the salt seems to be flying free in the D&D election thread, because D&D posters don't care about actually accomplishing stuff going forward

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Kingfish posted:

Here's what happened: Across Age Groups, Whites Fared Worse in Employment Rates

The only demographic of white people who are more likely to have a job since the recession? Those over the age of 65.

Good time to be a Wal-Mart greeter or a CEO. Or wait, didn't they get rid of greeters?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

loquacius posted:

Ironically enough the salt seems to be flying free in the D&D election thread, because D&D posters don't care about actually accomplishing stuff going forward

BECAUSE JIM WEBB WOULD HAVE MURDERED DONALD TRUMP LIVE IN THE FIRST DEBATE AND WON THIS poo poo.

but you can't go around giving people equal speaking time.. in the DEMOCRATIC party.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

freckle posted:

BECAUSE JIM WEBB WOULD HAVE MURDERED DONALD TRUMP LIVE IN THE FIRST DEBATE AND WON THIS poo poo.

but you can't go around giving people equal speaking time.. in the DEMOCRATIC party.

An interesting question actually.

Bernie of course would have won

MO'M would probably have lost the exact same way Clinton did (but with more Aiden Gillen jokes) and Chafee couldn't campaign his way out of a paper bag and would have gotten away with RI but beyond that anything goes

but what if Jim Webb had somehow managed to murder and disfigure his way to a victory in the Dem primaries? I do not think Trump's campaign style would have been effective against him at all, because unless there's a lot of poo poo I don't know about Jim Webb you couldn't really call him corrupt or dishonest. HRC's strategy of "ignore the left in favor of attracting moderate Republicans" might have even worked for him, because they hate Hillary but love people who have killed foreigners.

I know the obvious counterpoint to this is "gently caress Jim Webb and all Blue Dogs" which is an excellent point, I'm just sort of theorycrafting w/r/t whether he could have beaten Trump

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
of course webb would have won jesus gently caress

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the man bragged about killing a guy at the DEMOCRATIC debate

i swooned hard for him then

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Baloogan posted:

the man bragged about killing a guy at the DEMOCRATIC debate

i swooned hard for him then

jim webb's face lol

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
The more post-mortems I read, the more I realize Clinton sucks at the 'technocrat' thing, too.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Jim Webb would have killed it

like he did those ENEMY SOLDIERS

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
You guys did choose a politician with a body count it's just that she's responsible for killing Americans and not enemy soldiers

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Webb would have made killing Trump live on the debate stage a campaign promise

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Accretionist posted:

The more post-mortems I read, the more I realize Clinton sucks at the 'technocrat' thing, too.

Sucks? You mean like with a vacuum?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Her campaign failed because she relied on technology not people.

What would those idiots in Michigan know about Trump doing well, our computer told us it's impossible.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

etalian posted:

What would those idiots in Michigan know about Trump doing well, our computer told us it's impossible.

It's like that old Star Trek where the computer wages war and determines who dies and it chose the Democratic party

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

It's like that old Star Trek where the computer wages war and determines who dies and it chose the Democratic party

lmao

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

etalian posted:

They mismanaged the tech. This is a good article on their data operation. They were pointed in all the wrong directions.

Fun quotes:

quote:

A labor organizer in Ohio, who wished to remain anonymous, reports that Clinton’s early GOTV effort there focused on Republicans in the mistaken belief a significant number of them could be peeled away. This play largely failed. And it also involved serious opportunity costs: traditional Democratic constituencies like African Americans and the white working class were neglected, and Clinton ended up badly under-performing Obama among both groups, especially in the Rust Belt.

quote:

Another labor organizer lamented in an email about the awful campaign Hillary ran in the northern Midwest. When local leaders started to panic at the apparent traction Trump was gaining in these regions and urged the Clinton campaign to send the candidate into the Rust Belt, the geographic ulcer of corporate globalization, nothing happened. Clinton largely stayed away from the counties she lost; but Trump was all over them. Counties that Obama had carried four years ago experienced fifteen- to twenty-five-point swings in Trump’s favor.

quote:

Even Obama has taken a shot at the Clinton campaign ground game and its flawed “demographics as destiny” theory. At a press conference earlier this week, he said: “I won Iowa not because the demographics dictated it, but because I spent eighty-seven days going to every small town and fair and fish fry and VFW hall.”

quote:

Instead, the Clinton campaign went all in on TV ads. Meanwhile, field offices suffered. In 2012 the Obama campaign had 789 field offices; this time around, Clinton only had 489 nationwide.

It gets worse. With too few people on the ground and the local knowledge of grassroots activists being shunned, the campaign apparently started feeding garbage to its computers and thus got garbage in return.

The computer-obsessed Clinton campaign — having lost touch with people but not big data — seems to have inadvertently turned out Trump voters!

Writing in the Huffington Post last week, Becky Bond and Zack Exley, both veterans of the Sanders campaign, noted: “Volunteers for the Clinton campaign in Pennsylvania, Ohio and North Carolina,” working from computer-generated lists, “have reported that when reminding people to vote, they encountered a significant number of Trump voters. Anecdotal evidence points to anywhere from 5 to 25 percent of contacts [being] inadvertently targeted to Trump supporters.”

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

etalian posted:

Any talk about the bad dem primary leads to a probation.

Are you surprised? It's something that reflects badly on our abuela that can't be blamed on the Russians or racism or whatever. This subforum is just as "you can say what you like if they like what you say" as D&D, ultimately.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Nerses IV posted:

Are you surprised? It's something that reflects badly on our abuela that can't be blamed on the Russians or racism or whatever. This subforum is just as "you can say what you like if they like what you say" as D&D, ultimately.

It started as that during the election but now it's still here even though we poo poo talk Abuela constantly. That's why it's so loving bizarre.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
I hope a piano falls on Robby Mook.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
balmookgan

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I remember. In fact, by total random luck, it was the same day that article was published that he spontaneously recalled that. One might think this was a coordinated smear from an opposing political campaign leveraging lies and fake news, if one was a racist Berniebro who hates civil rights leaders and black WaPo writers.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This is all completely true. Mother gently caress the DNC and their media cronies!

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

It started as that during the election but now it's still here even though we poo poo talk Abuela constantly. That's why it's so loving bizarre.

The primary is over and there's no point arguing about it anymore.

Now let's try and brainstorm ways to ratfuck this election

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
motherfuckers, if you want to post then POST. If you get probations then so be IT! Don't be milk toast whiners screaming and passive aggressively throwing chairs! Some of you WILL get probated taking the next hill, but if the hill is worth taking then throw yourselves into it!

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

The primary matters a lot and we don't have another election until 2018. It's total bullshit that we still can't talk about some of the disgusting practices displayed by the DNC's stooges during the primary race.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
grab life by the pussy and if you get probated well good be proud!! fight for whats rite dont just whine! post about anything with your whole being dont let anyone tell you otherwise! Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to post forever?

do what you want to do, post what you want to post, be who you want to be.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Baloogan posted:

motherfuckers, if you want to post then POST. If you get probations then so be IT! Don't be milk toast whiners screaming and passive aggressively throwing chairs! Some of you WILL get probated taking the next hill, but if the hill is worth taking then throw yourselves into it!

*milquetoast

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
be the probe you want to see in the world~

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Baloogan posted:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
what are you some kind of milque drinker

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

i havent been reading cspam during the weekend since i have a life, are we still making fun of dummys who shout about russia or has cspam gon through the looking glass?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Baloogan posted:

:patriot:

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

grab life by the pussy and if you get probated well good be proud!! fight for whats rite dont just whine! post about anything with your whole being dont let anyone tell you otherwise! Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to post forever?

do what you want to do, post what you want to post, be who you want to be.
HILLARY STOLE THE PRIMARY BERNIE FOREVER MARTIN OMALLEY IS THE BEST GYM BUDDY CANDIDATE BERNIE CAN STILL WIN THIS ONE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

rudatron has issued a correction as of 16:30 on Dec 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

If we don't bitch endlessly about how the media helped to gently caress Mr. Bernie Sanders then they will do the same to our candidate in 2020 and 2024.

• Locked thread