Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dizz posted:

I like to think that's because it's not really a pearl, but an egg.

Tentacool is not a fish :colbert:

Tentacool is a jellyfriend

hosed up that are only squid isn't even a water type. Then again Inkay is basically perfect so I guess it's alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Clamperl.

Personally I'm saltiest about the snail dragon evolving into a purple Dragonite w/ a snot beard.

I LOVE Goomy and Sliggoo and I want to love Goodra too but that snot beard grosses me out hard. Maybe that's why it oozes gooey tears when it's alone? I feel bad for it :(

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Sligoo is awesome but Goodra is ugly and dumb.

Its another pokemon that got a creepy pokedex entry this gen though;

quote:

It has trouble drawing a line between friends and food. It will calmly try to melt and eat even those it gets along well with.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Dizz posted:

Yup! I really don't hate Dragonite's look, I just dislike that it turns from a sleek blue serpent into that, it doesn't fit at all.

There's a Korean legend about a sea snake that catches a jewel and turns into a true dragon or something. It's pretty neat

spit on my clit posted:

im talking about luvdisc, which evolves into alomomomo-mo mo-momola

wait, what

People who want this to happen are dumb.

dungeon cousin fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Dec 18, 2016

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Just ran into a shiny Pelliper after complaining to my friend how annoying they are to fight.

He is Naive with Drizzle and I named him Wallace.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
im mad that they didn't make a special Z crystal for Solrock and Lunatone

dungeon cousin posted:

People who want this to happen are dumb.

i just assumed they were related because of the similar shape

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Arcon posted:

What we need is a champion-champion

Elite 4 comprised of other region champions and then led by one

That might not be a bad Elite 4, but some of them would need a type. I think only Lance, Steven, and Wallace have a type dedicated to them? And that'd be two gen 3 champions and let's be honest nobody loving liked Gen 3, especially not the League.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Classtoise posted:

That might not be a bad Elite 4, but some of them would need a type. I think only Lance, Steven, and Wallace have a type dedicated to them? And that'd be two gen 3 champions and let's be honest nobody loving liked Gen 3, especially not the League.

Iris does as well.

And Alder is arguably Bug.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
So I'm not looking at any like super epic online team, just not one that is obviously horrid.

I have an alolan Raichu and Sandslash, a salazzle, a decidueye and a wimpod I'm going to evolve for water stuff.

I was thinking either a rock type (rock ruff or rogganrolla) or I caught a bagon that's now a Shelgon but is there any obvious gaps here?

Feel free to tease my obvious horrible knowledge here

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

teacup posted:

So I'm not looking at any like super epic online team, just not one that is obviously horrid.

I have an alolan Raichu and Sandslash, a salazzle, a decidueye and a wimpod I'm going to evolve for water stuff.

I was thinking either a rock type (rock ruff or rogganrolla) or I caught a bagon that's now a Shelgon but is there any obvious gaps here?

Feel free to tease my obvious horrible knowledge here

For in-game or online play?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Classtoise posted:

I like Gen 3 and especially the League. It was the first one to have its own music. :colbert:

Wallace can go get hosed though there was no reason for Emerald to strip the title from Steven.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Zore posted:

For in-game or online play?

In game. If I played online it'd be brief and painful no matter what

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

spit on my clit posted:

im mad that they didn't make a special Z crystal for Solrock and Lunatone

i just assumed they were related because of the similar shape

thats what everyone did when alomolomomoma showed up in preview material before gen 5 (i think? or maybe it was in 4) came out.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

teacup posted:

In game. If I played online it'd be brief and painful no matter what

Yeah you should be good. All of those are good pokefriends for the main game.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
a bit late but my main complaint about tapu fini is that it desperately wants some form of recover, because it has an amazing support moveset and typing but is very vulnerable to getting worn down.

this complaint extends to most bulky water pokemon on the alolan pokedex, except toxapex, because gently caress toxapex.

I guess Vaporeon and Gastrodon are still around but they dont seem to hold up to this generation's power creep.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Dec 18, 2016

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Does anyone have some fortune tellers they can let me steal for my plaza? I need any but Hoenn and Unova, preferably 3*+.

FC: 1865 - 2964 - 7758
IGN: nozh

I've got a 5* rare kitchen, haunted house, bouncy house along with the aforementioned fortune tellers for "trade" if anyone wants.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Geokinesis posted:

What is the best way to farm dittos?
Go down the hill from the electric trial and run around in the grass.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I was skeptical about disable but combining it with protect can usually work pretty well.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-499933910

Have had a good number of games go like that one after using disable. When they are down to two pokemon and can't switch out it can really gently caress them over. Would probably do better with the Encore/Fake Out set but this will work until bank is open.

Meanwhile Arcanine continues to baffle me with its movepool. It gets helping hand too? Sure why not.

EDIT: Also maybe its just the games I've gotten but I've been seeing way less Gyarados and way more Arcanine. Might be because there are a lot more Gastrodons being used.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Dec 18, 2016

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zore posted:

Iris does as well.

And Alder is arguably Bug.

Eh, Iris and Alder both only have half their teams being one type. Steven too. Unlike Wallace and Lance, who are all-water and all-flying.

Though I guess you could say Steven's theme is Steel/Rock, and Iris's is Dragon/Dinosaur.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Internet Kraken posted:

I was skeptical about disable but combining it with protect can usually work pretty well.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-499933910

Have had a good number of games go like that one after using disable. When they are down to two pokemon and can't switch out it can really gently caress them over. Would probably do better with the Encore/Fake Out set but this will work until bank is open.

Meanwhile Arcanine continues to baffle me with its movepool. It gets helping hand too? Sure why not.

EDIT: Also maybe its just the games I've gotten but I've been seeing way less Gyarados and way more Arcanine. Might be because there are a lot more Gastrodons being used.

it's too bad megas aren't legal in vgc because mega gyarados laughs at gastrodon

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Starsnostars posted:

You can normally get want but it can take a few tries.That said I've got a HA Sandshrew you can have if you still need one.

I'd love that! I'm in Europe and kinda Christmas busy, but if we're ever somehow on at the same time I'm down to trade.

Friend code 1719-3340-9738, IGN Toki

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Any of you lovebirds care to part with a Modest Pikachu? Good IVs are preferrable but don't matter.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

spit on my clit posted:

im talking about luvdisc, which evolves into alomomomo-mo mo-momola

wait, what

Honestly dude it's for Luvdisc's benefit.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

dungeon cousin posted:

There's a Korean legend about a sea snake that catches a jewel and turns into a true dragon or something. It's pretty neat

That's cool and all, but give me a side evolution for Dragonair. Make it long as gently caress and Dragon/Fairy or some poo poo.

E: my bad for double post, forgot to copy and edit.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I'd love that! I'm in Europe and kinda Christmas busy, but if we're ever somehow on at the same time I'm down to trade.

Friend code 1719-3340-9738, IGN Toki

I'm in Europe too so I'll probably catch you sometime

FC: 4527-8353-5981 IGN: Josh

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dizz posted:

Honestly dude it's for Luvdisc's benefit.

Except now it can't use Eviolite

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

less laughter posted:

gently caress eviolite!

Throw on some specs or something.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

less laughter posted:

Only tangentially connected - Farfetch'd deserves to be legal in FC.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Starsnostars posted:

I'm in Europe too so I'll probably catch you sometime

FC: 4527-8353-5981 IGN: Josh

Yass thank you friend

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dizz posted:

That's cool and all, but give me a side evolution for Dragonair. Make it long as gently caress and Dragon/Fairy or some poo poo.

Almost all the psuedo legendaries have a larvae-pupa-adult thing going on, which would be cool if even one of them was bug type.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Dizz posted:

have you tried looking at gyarados or milotic or rayquaza and just pretending

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

AlphaKretin posted:

I like Gen 3 and especially the League. It was the first one to have its own music. :colbert:

Wallace can go get hosed though there was no reason for Emerald to strip the title from Steven.

Hell yeah! :hfive: Agreed 100%. Steven rules and Wallace drools.

Actually I directly complained to some Nintendo folks about that, at the Emerald launch party, no less.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

tyblazitar posted:

Honestly I'd rather have the Gen I limited inventory space with the computer than SuMo with its "here's 100 incredibly specific items you'll probably never need to clog up your inventory indefinitely, have fun!".

I'd just rather more pockets. What happened to the ball pocket?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Silver Falcon posted:

Hell yeah! :hfive: Agreed 100%. Steven rules and Wallace drools.

Actually I directly complained to some Nintendo folks about that, at the Emerald launch party, no less.

It's not like Steven doesn't end up being the final boss anyway, it's just easily missable and there's just not much pay off to it (and no proper way to bridge the level gap between Wallace and Steven in Emerald).

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Dr. Stab posted:

Perfect example of GF's "one step forward, two back" policy.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Dr. Stab posted:

it's the y button

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

tyblazitar posted:

Perfect example of GF's "one step forward, two back" policy.

Well you see. Different backpack manufacturers have different pockets. Alolamom couldn't afford the backpack with ball pockets and the extra free space.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

OneDeadman posted:

Well you see. Different backpack manufacturers have different pockets. Alolamom couldn't afford the backpack with ball pockets and the extra free space.

She's a single mother doing the best she can.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Bum the Sad posted:

She's a single mother doing the best she can.

Clearly she should take up pyukumuku chucking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

oddium posted:

have you tried looking at gyarados or milotic or rayquaza and just pretending

yes

it didn't work