Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

No, it probably didn't matter in the end that the DNC and the media colluded to torpedo Bernie. But it easily could have mattered and next time maybe it will. If that doesn't seem like a problem worth discussing to you then eat poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

The Kingfish posted:

If we don't bitch endlessly about how the media helped to gently caress Mr. Bernie Sanders then they will do the same to our candidate in 2020 and 2024.

i cant believe the dnc ratfucked zombie leon trotsky

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The media is one of the things hillarymen are blaming for Clinton's loss as their coping mechanism anyway; I agree it is time for a frank and open discussion of their many many flaws, starting with thinkpieces about "bros"

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Nerses IV posted:

Are you surprised? It's something that reflects badly on our abuela that can't be blamed on the Russians or racism or whatever. This subforum is just as "you can say what you like if they like what you say" as D&D, ultimately.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"Ok, actually criticizing this candidate didn't work and is a non-starter, but have you considered that everyone who likes him is someone you hated in high school? Remember high school, Democratic primary voters? What a scary time! And believe me when I say that the people who made it scary like this man! And that's bad! If you vote for the candidate who lines up better with your political views, Zack from East Valley High class of 1985 will win! You can't let that happen!"

I accept my sixer, I have poo poo to do today anyway

e: the Bernie people on my facebook feed were like "Here's an inspiring video! A better tomorrow is within reach, guys, we just gotta belieeeeeve, here's an inspiring quote from a stump speech! Okay we missed that state, but hang in there and phonebank and we'll get the next one! Don't stop believing! Hey, we won this state, it's officially happening! :swoon:"

the Clinton people on my Facebook feed were like "Okay, let me just say ONE THING to all you BERNIE BROS *links to angry thinkpiece*"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

can we start probating for general election salt

baloogan can you make this a new rule

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

can we start probating for general election salt

baloogan can you make this a new rule

The election is over, no point in talking about it anymore.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Baloogan posted:

motherfuckers, if you want to post then POST. If you get probations then so be IT! Don't be milk toast whiners screaming and passive aggressively throwing chairs! Some of you WILL get probated taking the next hill, but if the hill is worth taking then throw yourselves into it!

Probations are the purple hearts in this posting war.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/no_talent_shan/status/810363696136552448

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Probations are the purple hearts in this posting war.

6 hour probes are whatever, but it's some petty, petty poo poo when you eat a 6, and then they wait until the 6 is over to toss another 6 on. Or toss another 3 days on.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

6 hour probes are whatever, but it's some petty, petty poo poo when you eat a 6, and then they wait until the 6 is over to toss another 6 on. Or toss another 3 days on.

you ever notice how sometimes when someone is charged with a crime they add "aggravated" before it. well, the crime isnt actually primary salt

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

The election is over, no point in talking about it anymore.

It's loving insane to see all the hillary people essentially admitting that they loving adore authoritarianism as long as it's their authoritarianism

I guess horseshoe theory is a real thing, how else could trump and Clinton be great friends prior to like 2014 or whatever

I mean besides their mutual love of crushing questionable pussy

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

The Kingfish posted:

If we don't bitch endlessly about how the media helped to gently caress Mr. Bernie Sanders then they will do the same to our candidate in 2020 and 2024.
i think that's kind of already guaranteed, bitching or no bitching

like step back for a second - the strategy clintonites used against bernie was actually successful, in their eyes, ergo if they face the same problem in 2020, they have no reason to not double down

what they're not recognizing is that they're depleting a finite resource by pursuing this strategy (trust in the leadership institutes of the dnc)

so if the dems still exist in 2020 (probably), I guarnatee they will use it and then get Shocked And Appalled when they get any kind of pushback

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Nerses IV posted:

I guess horseshoe theory is a real thing

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
mods: "poster rudatron, you are charged with 2 counts of aggravated shitposting, 4 counts of 'low energy' posting and 271 counts of forum indecency. How do you plead?"

me: "im gay"

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

if i'm gonna eat a sixer i'm gonna eat it in a new thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802071

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
We need a regional party to disable either the Democrats or Republicans. When one-party rule elicits enough friction, it can be leveraged for transition to a parliamentary system.

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Nerses IV posted:

It's loving insane to see all the hillary people essentially admitting that they loving adore authoritarianism as long as it's their authoritarianism

I guess horseshoe theory is a real thing, how else could trump and Clinton be great friends prior to like 2014 or whatever

I mean besides their mutual love of crushing questionable pussy

e: f;b

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hahaha, the commies have multiple different salty horseshoes

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Al! posted:

Those horseshoes say the same thing.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Al! posted:

I found one for you

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I found one for you

like i always say, neoliberalism is just the first step on the path to communism

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Al! posted:

Yeah really the top of the horseshoe should be some kind of crazy post-consumer free utopia where you can do whatever the gently caress you want until you decide to die and you are kept warm, comfortable, and secure by a network of godlike and benign AIs

So in other words #Maga #trump2020 #trumpforever

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Road to Serfdom is laid with medicare extensions.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
horseshoe crab thoery

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Nerses IV posted:

Yeah really the top of the horseshoe should be some kind of crazy post-consumer free utopia where you can do whatever the gently caress you want until you decide to die and you are kept warm, comfortable, and secure by a network of godlike and benign AIs

that would be nice, but communism just doesnt work

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones

Nerses IV posted:

So The Culture, yeah?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Al! posted:

that would be nice, but communism just doesnt work

Someday you will answer for your posting crimes.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
the whole positive-right/negative-rights kool aid is like legit one of the dumbest things ever thought up by anyone, ever

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
three seconds looking at D&D simply confirms that the primary salt rule is actually very cool and good

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

logikv9 posted:

three seconds looking at D&D simply confirms that the primary salt rule is actually very cool and good
so how about that general salt

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

rudatron posted:

the whole positive-right/negative-rights kool aid is like legit one of the dumbest things ever thought up by anyone, ever

Please explain it for me, because based on that image Im operating under the assumption negative rights are essentially 1800s style "hey there's a river on this land we bought, let's dam it so we can buy up all the downriver land too lol"

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

gloria la riva should have won!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

What is the reasoning behind this, again?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Also, define it for me

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Nerses IV posted:

Please explain it for me, because based on that image Im operating under the assumption negative rights are essentially 1800s style "hey there's a river on this land we bought, let's dam it so we can buy up all the downriver land too lol"

Negative Rights are rights to be protected from persecution, while Positive Rights are rights you're entitled to.

The problem with this classification is that, of course, every industrial era ideology advocates a mixture of both positive and negative rights, except libertarianism.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
basically the only consistent distinction between them is that rich people benefit more from rights designated as 'negative' and poors lose a little less under 'positive', but philosophically there's no distinction between a right that requires the fulfillment of an obligation and the avoidance of an activity, they're both limits to your agency and even rights named 'negative' require the fulfillment of obligations by certain people in order to actually work in reality

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

logikv9 posted:

What is the reasoning behind this, again?
similarly to primary salt, the discussion goes nowhere due to the insistence of one or more parties involved in the discussion that one or more factors is either the sole determining factor of the election/are irrelevant or were actually beneficial to the outcome of the election

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Road to Serfdom is laid with medicare extensions.

don't kinkshame pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

like if russia is a hill someone is willing to die on for three pages like someone did a few days ago they should take a break

• Locked thread