Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
im pretty sure hauntzer revealed himself for a split second before flashing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
He did, you can see the minions walk at him for a split second

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

What is considered a 'good' win rate % for climbing on a main?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

LegalPad posted:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
is this where we are posting dick pix or am i in the wrong place?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

LegalPad posted:

It depends how far under your "real" Elo you are. This is totally made up, but assume each metal below where you should be is 10% above 50%. So if you're on your main in bronze MMR and you're gold quality, you should win 70%

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
last time I posted a pic like that people got very upset over how it shouldn't be working

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If you have over 50% win rate on a champion it suggests that you're doing something that is working at the elo you're at so keep doing that

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Also just play Brand support and never build sightstone just go straight murderer and steal all the kills

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Teikanmi posted:

Also just play Brand support and never build sightstone just go straight murderer and steal all the kills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khq0Q33MWLQ

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

I levelled a new account to 30 this year and I think I win the weirdest "besties" award

Orv
May 4, 2011
Regular support, 7/10.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
Am I crazy or is Ryze top crazy strong?

I'm contemplating maining Ryze until they rework his broken rear end for the 14th time.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean he's not unstoppable up there but he does bad things to a lot of the regular customers.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I don't even know how it's possible to get higher than 60-65% winrate over a good number of games, like 75+.

Maybe it is more viable if you are playing ADC. As mid, I honestly feel like I could crush my lane every game and go 10/2 and still probably lose more than 1/3rd of my games just due to how volatile bot lane is. The real game is a competition between junglers to see who can tilt the enemy ADC fastest/hardest. At least at my elo.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

LegalPad posted:

I don't even know how it's possible to get higher than 60-65% winrate over a good number of games, like 75+.

Maybe it is more viable if you are playing ADC. As mid, I honestly feel like I could crush my lane every game and go 10/2 and still probably lose more than 1/3rd of my games just due to how volatile bot lane is. The real game is a competition between junglers to see who can tilt the enemy ADC fastest/hardest. At least at my elo.

Stop killing the other mid laner and go tilt bot yourself.

Action George fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Dec 18, 2016

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If only a 10/2 mid laner had some way to impact the bottom lane...

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Nothing will win a game faster than the extremely fed midlaner roaming bot and either obliterating the enemy duo or using your extreme waveclear and presence to get rid of their bot turret.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

Yeah obviously if there's a good opportunity to roam bot lane and make a play I will attempt it.

I'm not talking about losing games where I'm fed and my bot lane is doing OKAY. I'm talking about my bot lane getting doubled on a lvl 3 vi gank and then coming back to lane and immediately dying again. It's not like I can effectively roam at level 4, even if I do have a kill at that point. That kind of poo poo happens constantly. Bot lane is super make-or-break right when the game starts, and there's not a whole lot of time for the other lanes to react except for JG.

And yes, that kind of instant-feed statistically happens as much for me as it does against me. It happens enough against me to make it super hard to pass 65% win rate though.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

If only a 10/2 mid laner had some way to impact the bottom lane...

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what does Max e nasus do after 2 rings? Do you just follow the build that's on Champion.GG or is there some gimmick item that is essential for the build?

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

Addamere posted:

So what does Max e nasus do after 2 rings? Do you just follow the build that's on Champion.GG or is there some gimmick item that is essential for the build?

I havent gotten a chance to play the build, but i thought the build was 2 rings then Zz, then normal tank items. Zz rot takes the place of the triforce i guess?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Addamere posted:

Two rings -> portal -> appropriate boots -> appropriate CDR tank items. You're still Nasus so you're still supposed to be a meat wall. How you do that depends on the other team. You would not, for example, build Visage against 5 AD champs.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Apparently the universe has decided my soloq ticket is Taric. Hm.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Orv posted:

Apparently the universe has decided my soloq ticket is Taric. Hm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHpMUdKr3o8&t=230s

Orv
May 4, 2011
Accurate.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Gripen5 posted:

I havent gotten a chance to play the build, but i thought the build was 2 rings then Zz, then normal tank items. Zz rot takes the place of the triforce i guess?

No, you can't skip the triforce.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Two rings -> portal -> appropriate boots -> appropriate CDR tank items. You're still Nasus so you're still supposed to be a meat wall. How you do that depends on the other team. You would not, for example, build Visage against 5 AD champs.

This is kind of a bad example because Spirit Visage is incredibly cost efficient on Nasus, it fills a 10% CDR niche that's hard to cover otherwise, and unless the other team does literally no magic damage and has a no-damage support it's probably worth squeezing in anyways. The situational items on Nasus are the last two items.

A build of Zz'rot + Triforce/IBG + Spirit Visage + Tabis + two other armor items is still going to be very solid against an all-AD team.

blah_blah fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 18, 2016

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I don't understand how Riot can justify leaving Fizz's ult the way it is

His bullshit E is bad enough, he doesn't also need his ult to have that much range/area on such a low cooldown.

10 bans please so I can never have to see Fizz again

Alternatively just delete him from the game

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 18, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Mystery Prize posted:

His bullshit E is bad enough, he doesn't also need his ult to have that much range/area on such a low cooldown.

i think only release zed had a better power spike at 6

e: since season 3 since i don't care about 20 second global ult TF or whatever the gently caress you old fogeys remember

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

LegalPad posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/5iva7r/role_distribution_in_challengertop100euw/

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Before this season it felt like midlane decided everything, now it seems like jungle decides everything. But it's still really hard to overcome a fed midlaner when yours is useless.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The problem with ADC is that you can stomp lane and be 3/0/0 then get very easily assassinated by the 3/2/0 Lee Sin that's two levels above you.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
I feel completely irrelevant as a toplaner atm. Sure you can tp down when there is a fight breaking out bot, but being a 4/0 toplaner is not equal to the enemy team having a 4/0 mid or a 4/0 jungle.

The only time I feel super useful when ahead is when playing a good splitpusher and constantly have 2-3 people topside trying to kill me.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Lerius posted:

I feel completely irrelevant as a toplaner atm. Sure you can tp down when there is a fight breaking out bot, but being a 4/0 toplaner is not equal to the enemy team having a 4/0 mid or a 4/0 jungle.

The only time I feel super useful when ahead is when playing a good splitpusher and constantly have 2-3 people topside trying to kill me.

Having something like a 4/0 Poppy or other unkillable CC/CotC tank is absolutely a free win right now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

"supports can't carry! adc dominates challenger!" :discourse:

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
I feel completely irrelevant in every role :eng101:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Speaking of things to bitch about, why does Camille have so much hidden power?

Q: Why does this give extra movespeed?

E: What's the point of the massive attack speed steroid on this ability?

R: Does she really need % current HP damage? Her ult is actually useful in Solo Queue, unlike Tahm Kench's ult.

Even if you compare to Xin Zhao, Camille feels overloaded. Xin Zhao is just a stat check, so he needs those bonuses. But Camille can still outplay fools with just the core parts of her abilities*. Adding on the extra stuff feels stupid.

*Q is just a double AA reset, W is just a mini-Darius-Q, E is just mobility + stun, R is just the zone

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Mystery Prize posted:

Alternatively just delete him from the game

ya fizz is so annoying lol.

i enjoy levels 1-5 and get a lot out of them, and then my team is always so mad and reports me when i afk for the rest of the game?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDRwyT_ILcc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

golden bubble posted:

R: Does she really need % current HP damage? Her ult is actually useful in Solo Queue, unlike Tahm Kench's ult.

Don't forget it makes her untargetable during the cast because

• Locked thread