Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ive had something called blue cheese that was quite nice and it was stinky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

We got some new poo poo and my girlfriend said it tasted like peanut butter, anybody know what strain it might be

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yeah I have some "cheese lee" right now and its quite good

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Lemon Diesel is brightening up my second-day-off-morning considerably today, it's definitely become my favorite strain from CO weed dispensaries in the past year or so.

Homeless Bebe
Jul 15, 2012
high with some friend right now. drinking beer, listening to music and playing fifa - good times.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
8.48 on a sunday.... its time for a joint

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
It's nice having edibles again.

Turdo
Jun 15, 2012

T-minus 4:20, just got to finish making GBS threads and I can blaze it.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Oberleutnant posted:

8.48 on a sunday.... its time for a joint

yeah, 9:45 seemed legit for me.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Definitely felt like an early morning edible day to me. The chocolate they make now is really legitimately good chocolate and it's great

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Ran out Friday night =( waiting for the call to re-up hopefully today

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

its a fools gambit to play it that loose

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
It's definitely worth stowing some away, for the unfortunate happenstance

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just crumble a little parmesean on top for that real cheese kick

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Hardawn posted:

It's definitely worth stowing some away, for the unfortunate happenstance

I found a rolled-up sandwich bag in my freezer when I thought I had finished my supply and it was like a visit from Kannabis Kringle

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Californians itt what is the deal with recreational weed there now?

I know other states that recently legalized will need to take some time to set up real infrastructure and everything but CA has had lots of dispensaries for a while, have they started selling to unlicensed smokers already since the vote or is that starting next year or something?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Earwicker posted:

I know other states that recently legalized will need to take some time to set up real infrastructure and everything but CA has had lots of dispensaries for a while, have they started selling to unlicensed smokers already since the vote or is that starting next year or something?

from what i hear a lot just arent bothering asking for medical cards because they dont expect a big comeuppance

apparently a lot of townships and cities are passing bylaws to stop people from growing their 6 plants in their backyards, or even inside, because california is full of hypocrites who are invested in various "legit" grow ops

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

reallivedinosaur posted:

from what i hear a lot just arent bothering asking for medical cards because they dont expect a big comeuppance

apparently a lot of townships and cities are passing bylaws to stop people from growing their 6 plants in their backyards, or even inside, because california is full of hypocrites who are invested in various "legit" grow ops

Lmao. Gotta protect those investors. gently caress that poo poo

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Shaquin posted:

its a fools gambit to play it that loose

it's tough when you only have 1 connect and it's fairly unreliable

I miss Boston :cry:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

reallivedinosaur posted:

alcohol is legal and lots of places ban home brewing so :shrug:

sidenote: smoke weed

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

drat horror queefs posted:

alcohol is legal and lots of places ban home brewing so :shrug:

yeah thats also dumb, home brewing is awesome

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

Earwicker posted:

(I live in California.)
No, the medical dispensaries can't just sell to non-medical customers. That's honestly what I thought would happen originally, but it's a much more complicated issue. The problem is that the licensing for dispensaries is completely different for a medical dispensary vs a recreational sales dispensary. It's the same issue that Colorado went through when they went from medical-only to full recreational. Colorado already had medical dispensaries set up, but it took 2 years after recreational passed to get recreational sales up and running.

Maybe think of it as the same as how grocery stores can sell over-the-counter drugs, but having a pharmacy that sells prescription drugs inside is a different issue, that requires different permits and licensing. Right now, the medical dispensaries are only licensed to sell for medical purposes. A recreational sales license is a different license (theoretically I'm going to say that the recreational sales license is going to cost the business owner more). The two categories will be taxed completely differently too, which is one of the reasons that the licensing is different. Otherwise a dispensary could just claim "Hey, 100% of our sales this year were to medical customers" and then not have to charge tax.

It's pretty much all waiting for the government to get their poo poo together on the back end. They can't even grant the licenses for recreational sales until they actually CREATE the licenses for recreational sales. And then they probably have to hire someone to be in charge of that first. Then business owners can apply for said licenses, then the state can review them and decide who gets approved, etc. And of course, because it's all in the hands of the government, it moves at standard government-employee speeds.

Some dispensaries may be simply selling to anyone, but I haven't seen that happening near me. But on the other hand, even though the sales aren't up and running right now, everyone is now free to grow for themselves, and you can also have someone give you weed with no penalties. They just can't legally charge you money for it right now.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

thanks for the info. Coming back for a visit during the holidays just wanted to know if I needed to make my usual hookup arrangements or if I could just go to a store like I do when I go to Seattle. Usual hookup it is!

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Additional odd things about legalization that are recent:
Maryland passed medical back in 2014, but the licensing has been mired in red tape since then, so there are still no dispensaries at all in Maryland. But, Washington DC, who does have dispensaries just passed a "Reciprocity" law in November, meaning that their medical dispensaries will acknowledge medical cards from any state. There are doctors that are currently prescribing in Maryland, so you can get your prescription there and then drive to DC to purchase at a legal dispensary.

On top of this, I recently found out that Maryland doesn't require that you live in-state to get a medical card there, simply that you be in the state for the purposes of medical treatment. As far as I'm aware, Maryland is the only state that grants medical cards to people from out-of-state. So, you can live wherever, go to MD and get a medical card, then drive to DC and fill your prescription. An interesting loophole.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Dunno if anyone ever listens to Hash Church sundays on youtube but it is usually a pretty good adult discussion about the weeds and up-to-the date scientific, political, legal informations therein.

Good for sunday morning wake n bakes

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Mnemosyne posted:

Additional odd things about legalization that are recent:
Maryland passed medical back in 2014, but the licensing has been mired in red tape since then, so there are still no dispensaries at all in Maryland. But, Washington DC, who does have dispensaries just passed a "Reciprocity" law in November, meaning that their medical dispensaries will acknowledge medical cards from any state. There are doctors that are currently prescribing in Maryland, so you can get your prescription there and then drive to DC to purchase at a legal dispensary.

On top of this, I recently found out that Maryland doesn't require that you live in-state to get a medical card there, simply that you be in the state for the purposes of medical treatment. As far as I'm aware, Maryland is the only state that grants medical cards to people from out-of-state. So, you can live wherever, go to MD and get a medical card, then drive to DC and fill your prescription. An interesting loophole.

Holy poo poo. Thanks for this info.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Rasta_Al posted:

Holy poo poo. Thanks for this info.

If you're going to do this, also be aware that Maryland's rules about medical recommendations are more strict than in some other states. They require that whatever condition that you're seeing the doctor for be a condition that a different doctor has already diagnosed you with. That means that all of the doctors who write recommendations in Maryland will require you to bring a copy of your medical records from the other doctor.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies, a thing you should smoke and also to eat too I guess.

So good I forgot words

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 15, 2016

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
my guy who i thought had completely fallen off quality wise just came through with the best stuff ive had all year. aint life strange :cheers:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

my dude has had nothing but cheese lee for a month but thats ok i like it

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

Two days ago the DEA actually weighed in on the legality of CBD nationwide. Up until now, hemp-derived CBD with less than 0.3% THC was considered by most to be legal, and could be shipped to any state. Now the DEA says nope, CBD is also Schedule I.

https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/new-dea-rule-says-cbd-oil-really-truly-no-joke-illegal

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/dea-marijuana-extracts-including-cbd-are-schedule-i-drugs-w456409

Anyone who has be ordering CBD products in states that don't have medical or recreational legalized might want to stock up? I don't know if the DEA's statement is going to stop all the companies from shipping products out or if they're just going to ignore it.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Mnemosyne posted:

Two days ago the DEA actually weighed in on the legality of CBD nationwide. Up until now, hemp-derived CBD with less than 0.3% THC was considered by most to be legal, and could be shipped to any state. Now the DEA says nope, CBD is also Schedule I.

https://www.leafly.com/news/politics/new-dea-rule-says-cbd-oil-really-truly-no-joke-illegal

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/dea-marijuana-extracts-including-cbd-are-schedule-i-drugs-w456409

Anyone who has be ordering CBD products in states that don't have medical or recreational legalized might want to stock up? I don't know if the DEA's statement is going to stop all the companies from shipping products out or if they're just going to ignore it.

thank you for the heads up

:smith:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol at cbd being schedule 1 why not

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

I'm also guessing that technically this gives the DEA the ability to go after anyone using hemp oil too, if they wanted to.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
stocked up on some strawberry cough that is particularly beautiful and aromatic for the christmas break

weed is ... good :confused:

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.
nugz

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Almost our of lemon diesel which means a weed store trip this Friday. Time to try something new.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Ran 16 miles this morning, now smoking a pre-rolled at the dog park. Life is good.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

thathonkey posted:

weed is ... good :confused:

Oscar Wild posted:

Life is good.

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery