Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ghostbusters was commercially successful and earned like 85 million earth dollars over their budget

is that a good success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Augus posted:

Hey I just saw this, what the gently caress?

The only thing I can think of is he (or one of the more unhinged generals) wants that to be China's reaction too - "what the gently caress, he's insane"

Like straight up action movie stuff, "confuse your enemy whenever possible, keep him guessing"

Probably risky, but not the worst idea, in declared open warfare or a very tense cold war. But with China? Now?

Hoo boy

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HorseRenoir posted:

yeah, republicans are really salty that their populist movement didn't get the public mandate they wanted and they're desperately trying to make people forget that

i guess they will just have to console themselves with winning the presidency and both houses of congress

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

original meme do not steal

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I ask myself every single day, is there something I could do that would save lives and make a difference

*lady dies off camera 10 feet away*

Thank you, everybody. Mele Kalikimaka!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HOT! New Memes posted:

I ask myself every single day, is there something I could do that would save lives and make a difference

i dont get this meme

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

The eternal campaign begins

"Oh, he'll be a tremendous distraction in a few years, soak up all the time from the real threats. Heh, Mcmuffin. Donald, you are one original and funny guy, i'm tellin' ya"

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

A butt for every nut, a ham for every Gram

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

HOT! New Memes posted:

what?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Oiled and Ready posted:

The only thing I can think of is he (or one of the more unhinged generals) wants that to be China's reaction too - "what the gently caress, he's insane"

Like straight up action movie stuff, "confuse your enemy whenever possible, keep him guessing"

Probably risky, but not the worst idea, in declared open warfare or a very tense cold war. But with China? Now?

Hoo boy

one of the problems in being insanely unpredictable is that you're also unpredictable to your military (at least the upper staff) and entire country lol

though keeping the population off balance can be beneficial too if you want to sneak awful poo poo through, not so much if you tweet about it though

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Addamere posted:

i dont get this meme

during obama's press conference a woman had health issues, then he just was like peace out, going to hawaii gl guys

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Whatever happened to that no-chin kid from the Nelson music video After the Rain?

-a tweet that is statistically probable from our president elect

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I get it. It's funny because Obama stopped the press conference and repeatedly called for the doctor to come in and then the doctor came in and helped her and the woman was fine. lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Montasque posted:

My pet issue is that you idiots elected Donald Trump.

And no, you are a very bad poster who only brings second tier snark to the table.

lol cams posting gimmick is just a sad husk now in the reality of President Donald Trump

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/810589073115152384

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
One of the weird things that's developed is people acting like the right or conservatives ever operated based on facts

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Facts are for losers imo, impose your will unto reality.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Karl Sharks posted:

cause pizza > politics

would you get into politics if you had a pizza chain??

Ask Papa Johns

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Montasque posted:

That's some nice click bait.

Ghostbusters 2016 was a business failure. There will not be another Ghostbusters with that cast, and if there is, that film will fail even worse. But heck, this is Sony, who knows!

The film couldn't even get released in China, and outside of McCarthy, you had a cast of virtual unknown female comics. That's box office poison overseas.

Besides that, Ghostbusters 2016 was in "Paint Your Wagon" territory - a film trying to reach two different audiences but failing to connect with anyone(other than internet bloggers.)

/Autism ends.

autism ends

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

so what he said was dumb but

I have totally heard/seen many places that it was a huge failure too, so I understand his mind thinking that

you're right, but it was definitely portrayed places as a huge failure and poo poo

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

he's not a politician though, i thought the OP was saying "why don't we have more people like herman cain who owned/worked in pizza chains that are politicians?"

maybe not

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
papa johns hq has a "war room" that straight up looks like something out of a NASA launch it's loving hilarious because in the end it's just bad pizza

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Montasque posted:

https://twitter.com/IMPL0RABLE/status/810242448404414464
https://twitter.com/michaelsheen/status/810246261555113984

Like the Werewolf King from the Underworld movies is going to give up big paydays to street fight fascists.

he already got to gently caress kate beckinsale for years i'm sure his life is just downhill from there

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

deathbysnusnu posted:

Tomorrow's gonna suck. America and the world gets its fate sealed as we walk willingly dick first into a blender.

Whats gonna happen tomorrow? Electoral College dudes voting?

I didn't read basically any other post in the thread today and I'm forrin but I have drank a bottle of red wine so I feel like I'm spiritually in sync with the thread

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

I have totally heard/seen many places that it was a huge failure too, so I understand his mind thinking that

you're right, but it was definitely portrayed places as a huge failure and poo poo

afaik with movies isn't it not just if a movie bombs and more that it's not a hit? Considering it's motherfuckin' Ghostbusters, especially. Like it would be hard to fail riding that kind of name recognition. I imagine they look at the margins and are like "We can use this much money to make wayyyy more money elsewhere."

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[Morgan Freemanily] autism never truly ends

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

ghostbusters was commercially successful and earned like 85 million earth dollars over their budget

Looking at straight box office returns is deceptive.

Ghostbusters made $229,147,509 in box office, with $128,350,574 coming from the domestic market. Ghostbusters production budget was $144 million, plus at least another $100 million in marketing/advertising.

With all the other costs Ghostbusters needed to make at least $300 million world wide to break even.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-box-office-loss-sequel-unlikely-918515

Tatsuta Age posted:

No, I'm 100% right. Ghostbusters 2016 was a failure and lost Sony at least $70 million.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 18, 2016

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

nopantsjack posted:

Whats gonna happen tomorrow? Electoral College dudes voting?

I didn't read basically any other post in the thread today and I'm forrin but I have drank a bottle of red wine so I feel like I'm spiritually in sync with the thread

The Electoral College is gonna throw the election to Clinton and plunge the United States into a bloody civil war. Keep your powder dry.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Texas getting a running start on Trump

https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/810562994291806208

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Yinlock posted:

lol if your first response to any adversity is HUMANITY IS A MISTAKE I LUST FOR DEATH

ya i just say it ironically :sweatdrop:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Montasque posted:

Looking at straight box office returns is deceptive.

Ghostbusters made $229,147,509 in box office, with $128,350,574 coming from the domestic market. Ghostbusters production budget was $144 million, plus at least another $100 million in marketing/advertising.

With all the other costs Ghostbusters needed to make at least $300 million world wide to break even.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-box-office-loss-sequel-unlikely-918515

p sure you promised that the autism was over tho

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
if america has any sense at all we will put a halt to this before it gets way worse and trump will be unpresidented bigly

lol at the idea of america having any sense at all

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

why is trump winning so much

just amazing he gets to force an overpaid lovely actor to quit

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

That DICK! posted:

[Morgan Freemanily] autism never truly ends

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Must have meant it wrestling style

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/KeeganNYC/status/810558964333182976

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Thump! posted:

The Electoral College is gonna throw the election to Clinton and plunge the United States into a bloody civil war. Keep your powder dry.

please do so, that would be good to watch and you wouldn't have a civil war anyway it'd just result in some very sad Pepes

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Hoisted by my own pepetard

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhVtgojbmKU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

since trump got elected it's like every day has been national coming out day for assholes

• Locked thread