Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Also whoever was having blu ray problems try playing without the disk. May be a bug but this guy with a disk can play without it even after reinstalling.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm625327_Playing-FH3--physical-copy--on-the-console-without-inserting-the-disc.aspx#post_625327

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Count Freebasie posted:

So, I bought FM6 after having bought FH3 a while ago. Pretty good game, but it seems like the FM6 AI in every race is attempting to do the PIT maneuver on me. Hopping between these games is a bit tricky, especially the noticeable differences in handling of the same car ('93 SVT Cobra; I use that as my litmus test, mainly because it looks like my Mustang and I'm familiar with how that car handles).

The handling is waaaay different between games. The tunes I made and have been using the last 14+ months in FM6 don't translate well to FH

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Sebastian Flyte posted:

I have played over 200 hours of TDU2 and I don't know how many hours in various NFS games. Hoarding and upgrading a ton of cars is what Forza Horizon 3 is all about. Racing too, if you also like that. The actual driving is quite a lot better than TDU2.
The city and village parts in TDU2 felt pretty awesome and natural. In my opinion that's because they've cloned the actual layout or at least adhered as much as possible, instead of trying to create some fantasy towns. The roads inbetween were so-so, at least on Ibiza. Worked better on Hawaii, except for the highways.

FH3 feels more fake-ish for the populated and green areas. The outback is nice.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Mr.PayDay posted:

How long will take the campaign to be completed? After that it is freeroam and race events and festivals SP and MP or are there still SP "missions"?

I can't say how long it took me to finish unlocking and upgrading the festival sites, and finding all the barn finds, because I did a lot of side activities. Maybe it takes 15 - 20 hours to get all the festival sites to level 5, and after that it is just "do whatever remaining map icons you want in whatever order you like." And there is a whole lot of stuff to complete, if you are a completionist... In addition to that, there are regular Forzathon events, which are a handful of specific challenges set by Playground Games that run for a couple of days, and where you can usually unlock some specific car.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

Combat Pretzel posted:

The city and village parts in TDU2 felt pretty awesome and natural. In my opinion that's because they've cloned the actual layout or at least adhered as much as possible, instead of trying to create some fantasy towns. The roads inbetween were so-so, at least on Ibiza. Worked better on Hawaii, except for the highways.

FH3 feels more fake-ish for the populated and green areas. The outback is nice.

Yeah the world environment of TDU2 was pretty special to drive around in, even if it was sometimes a little empty and sterile outside of the towns.

But what I actually meant by the driving being better than TDU2 was the "being behind the steering wheel" experience in FH3. As in the immersion of being inside a car and experiencing the handling and the sounds and whatnot.

Sebastian Flyte fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 16, 2016

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

DogonCrook posted:

Anybody find a workaround for not being able to launch bluzzard mountain?

Edit: check out this workaround for if you cant back out of the screen that prompts you to buy the thing you already own.

1 - Load up Forza Horizon 3 and get to the "Buy Now" screen you are stuck at.
2 - Use the Xbox Guide button to go back to the dash and open up the Forza Hub App. Please don't shut the game down
3 - Open up the Blizzard Mountain is Here! Story on the Forza Hub App.
4 - Press the black "Play Now" button on the first page of the story and then press continue when prompted
5 - Go back to the game and you should now be able to back out of the "Buy Now" screen

Lol

I had to go into the Store on my XB1, find the blizzard mountain thing, and select install. I had a huge patch in addition the the expansion that I had to download and install.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

two_beer_bishes posted:

I had to go into the Store on my XB1, find the blizzard mountain thing, and select install. I had a huge patch in addition the the expansion that I had to download and install.

Yeah that did it. It kicked off something before but it only downloaded the cars i guess. Thanks.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

geeves posted:

The handling is waaaay different between games. The tunes I made and have been using the last 14+ months in FM6 don't translate well to FH

I'm not sure if it is still the case today, but in FH1, the handling differences were literally just due to the tires having a huge grip modifier. Some dudes hacked the game and found that FM4 tires were actually in the game hidden away, so they slapped them on the cars and they handled more or less identically to how they did in FM4 (with some small degree of inaccuracy due to the 30FPS vs. FM4's 60).

I kinda wish they had a 'sim' handling mode which would just straight-up give you handling from the main Forza games in Horizon. Some people might not love it, and hell maybe I'd be one of them, but it'd be nice if it were a thing.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Cubey posted:

I'm not sure if it is still the case today, but in FH1, the handling differences were literally just due to the tires having a huge grip modifier. Some dudes hacked the game and found that FM4 tires were actually in the game hidden away, so they slapped them on the cars and they handled more or less identically to how they did in FM4 (with some small degree of inaccuracy due to the 30FPS vs. FM4's 60).

I kinda wish they had a 'sim' handling mode which would just straight-up give you handling from the main Forza games in Horizon. Some people might not love it, and hell maybe I'd be one of them, but it'd be nice if it were a thing.

I dont remember which one it was but i remember people putting drag or dirt tires on cars would have more realistic grip levels.

I feel like cockpit cam has more movement in fh3, so its hard for me to tell whats different other than grip levels but i dig the camera in this one. Ive also noticed the diffs are completely different to set up in fh3 compared to 6. Like identical settings will give wildly different results between the two games.

Unrelated but Blizzard mountain does snow better than steep which is pretty impressive. Not sure about the physics but the visuals are better.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Sebastian Flyte posted:

But what I actually meant by the driving being better than TDU2 was the "being behind the steering wheel" experience in FH3. As in the immersion of being inside a car and experiencing the handling and the sounds and whatnot.
No question about that. Not entirely sure why that Stefano guy from Assetto Corsa held the physics guy of Eden Games in such a high regard, to begin with.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

As if the DLC wasn't fun enough, you can get this babby through the current Forzathon

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Well I was going to try finishing Witcher 3 today but now I'm going to have to fire this up instead

edit: aaaaaand got it. Chumping street racers in the Class 10 feels good.

I also just bumped up to highly skilled difficulty, and my first race was the Skyline View Circuit, raining like a motherfucker, in the #199 WRX VT15r. That was one tense, slidey loving race

Goddamn the Gurkha gives no fucks and will happily push another car in front of it sideways while doing a buck ten :stonk:

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Dec 17, 2016

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I've been super into rivals, battling against Muttering Hobo and AkGara, but for some reason all the social stuff isn't working today. I can go into online freeroam, but stuff like Auction house, rivals etc are greyed out. :(

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Falken posted:

I've been super into rivals, battling against Muttering Hobo and AkGara, but for some reason all the social stuff isn't working today. I can go into online freeroam, but stuff like Auction house, rivals etc are greyed out. :(

I had trouble buying stuff on the auction house, seems the servers where getting hammered.

Man if I'm not ripping off making a replica design, I can't paint for poo poo!

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Dec 17, 2016

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Oh hey you can now buy cars using tokens.

...the hells a token?

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Ak Gara posted:

...the hells a token?

I noticed that last night too. Seems kinda crazy to me because your garage fills up pretty drat quick and the super expensive stuff isnt really competitive anyways. Id much rather be able to just buy the forza editions of cars or something. Also if you are spending money dlc cars are free in game so why not just get one of those?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Ak Gara posted:

...the hells a token?

It's been in Forza for many years now. You buy tokens with real money, so you can buy an in game car effectively with real money instead of grinding for it.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

This is the first game with both tokens and the Auction House in it, right? Maybe that's why they're just now adding tokens.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Reading up on it, cars brought with Star Citizen Credits can't be sold in the auction house, which is pretty smart I think.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

So this C class Classic Rally championship matched me with an unbeatable Mini Cooper HE. Thanks Forza.

(Yes I know I can change class, but I like the Alpine :( )

edit: lol at this

L_Harrison fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 18, 2016

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

send help

loving love the NSX.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

that is a sexy little minx

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

So I had some Spin luck today :woop:

The Cooper S HE is so much fun, unbelievable

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Most of my Ferraris and Lambos come from spins but at level 50 the amount of 2000 or 7000 spins I've landed instead of HEs or other cars has been ridiculous

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

For those that don't know, double tapping the white glowing X on the pad, followed by pressing Y will take a high quality png screenshot, instead of the lovely jpg the in game photocamera uses.

The in game photocamera, when taking a photo DOES render it at a higher quality than normal though, so I do that then instead of saving the photo, I take a screenshot of the photo :v: (then cut out the forza logo, resize, etc)

You can then find them on your DVR app listed under "on this xbox". Normally it automatically also uploads it to "on xbox live" for you, which you can then download via https://account.xbox.com/en-GB/screenshots

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 18, 2016

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Ak Gara posted:

For those that don't know, double tapping the white glowing X on the pad, followed by pressing Y will take a high quality png screenshot, instead of the lovely jpg the in game photocamera uses.

The in game photocamera, when taking a photo DOES render it at a higher quality than normal though, so I do that then instead of saving the photo, I take a screenshot of the photo :v: (then cut out the forza logo, resize, etc)

You can then find them on your DVR app listed under "on this xbox". Normally it automatically also uploads it to "on xbox live" for you, which you can then download via https://account.xbox.com/en-GB/screenshots
I just press windows key + printscreen. :smug:

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Falken posted:

I just press windows key + printscreen. :smug:

Followed by repeatedly pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE once Forza hangs and crashes, I assume.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

BCRock posted:

Followed by repeatedly pressing CTRL + ALT + DELETE once Forza hangs and crashes, I assume.
If the game itself crashes it just goes to desktop immediately. This doesnt happen often. What does happen is the game likes to get stuck at the saving content screen..

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Does the windows version have that neat feature where when you've spent an hour designing a livery, you have a 50% chance of crashing suddenly as you go to save? I love that feature.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

This is the first game with both tokens and the Auction House in it, right? Maybe that's why they're just now adding tokens.

I thought 4 had them both. I remember being really mad about them adding the 'bought cars with tokens' thing into the Rewards score.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

When are we going to get a Motorsport 7 announcement? :f5:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
E3 like we have been for years.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Winter > Summer

Warren, I love you you bogan but stop asking me if I want to put on Winter Tires

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

What is the deal with the Willys jeep, and why is it always at the top of the LB?

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Winter > Summer

Warren, I love you you bogan but stop asking me if I want to put on Winter Tires

I do hope the next Horizon game is just set in the Alps.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Man, those Alumi Craft Class 10's...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PetVSTq8gjg

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
is this still a crashy poo poo fest for windows 10 users ? I'd like to try it.

Secondly, how is the offroad racing ?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Playing Blizzard Mountain and wondering why they didn't use the star system for the whole game. It's far superior than the random fan poo poo.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

welp, attempting to play this via steamlink failed horribly. I was able to (partially) navigate the menus but could not control the car. Then there's the rigmarole to even get the shortcut in Steam to begin with, which took some google fu and faffing around with creating a shortcut to something else then overwriting the launch path and whatnot with the string someone else had found. Very disappointed :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Now that football is nearly finished, I'm going to setup a quick 5-week M3 season to start in late January. The season will start with the E30 and end with the E92. 5th week will be your pick of M3 possibly at the full Nurburgring, Le Mans w/chicanes or VIR East/West. The Porsche pack will also be required (sorry poors) because VIR will be one of the stops and racing on it is awesome.

• Spec A700 - with my tune for each*. All of the builds can compete with each other (I run them within 1-2 seconds at Spa ~2:34ish and COTA-W ~1:43ish)
  • The races will be longer. Perhaps long enough to require two pit stops. But total time for each race, qualifying to finish, will be close to an hour / hour fifteen tops. The races will be a time limit to enforce this, so no Howdy timer needed.
  • 10 minute qualifying round (if we do Nurburgring, the GP circuit will be used for qualifying).
  • Forza League rules for start order: Fastest clean lap gets the pole.
  • Fastest dirty qualifier or last qualifier (if all are clean) picks start type & time of day if night is available.
  • No. rain. ever. gently caress that.
  • Sundays, Sundays, Sundays - I'm too busy with work and studying to schedule this during the week. I'm also opening it to non-goons as well, so I want to have a time that Euro/UK people can join. Probably 2pm EST.

*I may change the Tune requirement so you can build your own (no 3rd party tunes) or use mine. This might give a little bit of variety in pit stop strategy depending on your engine. The tunes I've created have minimal changes to the default tune. Tire Pressure, Ride Height, ARB, Aero... Mostly to help with mid-corner understeer.

• Locked thread