Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
4/11 - Shotgun VII, Crystal Comb VII (I now have every Red XIII relic besides Lunatic High), Thor Hammer V, and Artemis Bow II. For 25 mythril, that's a hell of a deal, but it does mean definitely no third pull on Minfilia/Alphinaud 1. I'm happy with it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Dupe Zeus mace and Thor Hammer(V). Another white mage stick for XII is nice, and a monk boostga is fine in a post OK bsb world

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Pulled cause gently caress it.

Hewley Buster, Holy Lance (VI), and Deneb Duellers. Meh, I think? I can't really tell. I already have Shout so the two boostgas aren't really a big deal unless I'd be running those characters over Ramza for some weird reason, though I've got Sazh's Sirius Sidearms too, so he'd be pretty handy in a hybrid team I suppose.

Buster is something else to toss onto my insanely absurd tower of physical holy-damage relics. I could literally run two full teams of holy-damage only physical characters, with a holy imperil and a boostga in each team. :psyduck:

Probably shouldn't have pulled since all the lucky banners seem to keep piling on the same realms that I already have pretty decent synergy on, but I can't complain too much. I still have a shitload of elite dungeons to clear and between the next event and the minigame rewards I'll be sitting on a little more than 150 mythril for XIV and Fest still. Might even be able to hit 200 before the banners are gone, especially if they give away some mythril for Christmas or if there's a bunch of it on the fest roulette or something.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
I'm almost definitely pulling on this one just because it's a shot at Vessel of Fate and the elusive Little Blue Book but man there's a lot of duds on this one. Going to sit tight and wait for Fest leaks.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

4/11 and I don't know any of these relics which probably means nothing good. A +holy caster staff is neat to have I guess?

Wilekat fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 19, 2016

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

3/11, Mystic Whip, Sentinel's Grimoire, Power Staff

Finally an SB for Rydia (she's one of my favs), Wall is Wall, and Lenna's mini Shout is going to be gangbusters for the imminent Torment stuff.

Nothing mind blowing but I'm satisfied with what I got for 25 mythril.

E: about those relics in the post above, Josef's is a nice aoe damage + party % based heal (medica) on a support character who can lifesiphon. Very good.

Galuf's hammer is utter dogshit

Garnet's rod is a 2-hit aoe with party MAG up

And Leon's armor is +30% ATK + DEF which is really nice

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 19, 2016

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Selphie BSB and Vincent SSB. :toot:

Happy about no dupes and no Josef or Desch. Not sure how I'll use Selphie's BSB though when I already have her SSB. A shame my first White Mage BSB isn't a Medica at all.

Vincent's SSB I like just because it's a Magic Gun. Not amazing, but I can at least run it beside Eddie's Sheepsong and have a party of really buffed mages now.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Wilekat posted:

4/11 and I don't know any of these relics which probably means nothing good. A +holy caster staff is neat to have I guess?

Golden Armor is quite good, if a bit dated.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Wilekat posted:

4/11 and I donto know any of these relics which probably means nothing good. A +holy caster staff is neat to have I guess?

Two monk boostgas, a faithga, and an ATK/DEF buff (useful if your II synergy is crap if you're tackling Cid's Missions). The boostgas and faithgas, while sorta weak, are actually a bit nicer now that Onion BSB is out since they stack.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I got Focus and Maria's SSB (+20% MAG to party).

I'm perfectly happy with this.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
I regret everything.

Not even worth screenshotting but I must warn the rest of you: banner bad, don't pull.

edit: what the gently caress Plat Fist and Dragon Claws are practically the exact same SB, why are you punishing me like this.

a computer ghost fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 19, 2016

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

1/11, Hewley Buster. Yuck.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

High Summoner's Robe, which puts me in a bit of a quandry. It's a good item which I didn't already have, but it's on a banner I was planning to invest relatively heavily in. Oh well, it's also elemental boost armor so I guess duplicates aren't the worst.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Adel posted:

Not even worth screenshotting but I must warn the rest of you: banner bad, don't pull.

Mighty Guard (VI) is actually a decent buff suite, just stapled onto a kinda bland character. If you need prolonged maximum magical mitigation it's not bad.

IllegallySober posted:

1/11, Hewley Buster. Yuck.

Solid Holy damage, Regen, and DEF+100%, which is a rare buff. You could certainly do a lot worse.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

UHD posted:

hahaha there's uniques on that banner

gently caress it I don't care if it's half off I'm not touching it with a twenty foot pole.

I'm waiting for the inevitable 1/11 Suicide Glove, this banner isn't curated at all.

That said, I got Punisher IX (Kuja's :geno: Faithga), Canopus AMPs XIII (Sazh's +50% Boostga/MBlink), and White Robe I (Sarah's HotE clone). Can't complain, can't complain! I can actually choose between Ramza/Celes or OK/Sazh for all my statboost needs, now.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Some poor goon got Giant's Glove/11 on the last page my dude

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Beasteh posted:

Some poor goon got Giant's Glove/11 on the last page my dude

I think that was a repost from Reddit but your point still stands that I glanced over it. :saddowns:

There was also a Desch Glove/11, which is pretty bad, too, if memory serves.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Solid Holy damage, Regen, and DEF+100%, which is a rare buff. You could certainly do a lot worse.

My only issue with DEF+100% buffs is that they don't fully stack with Wall. The buff cap for DEF and RES is 450% of base, while Wall + Hewley Buster/Iga Blade/etc gives you 600% of base. If you're using Wall, they're only very, very slightly better than +50% DEF buffs.

That's a small complaint, though.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

ApplesandOranges posted:

Mighty Guard (VI) is actually a decent buff suite, just stapled onto a kinda bland character. If you need prolonged maximum magical mitigation it's not bad.

It's not too bad, just really situational and I already have better mages. I'm mostly salty because I got stuff for characters I don't use and for realms that aren't in need of stat sticks.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Zurai posted:

My only issue with DEF+100% buffs is that they don't fully stack with Wall. The buff cap for DEF and RES is 450% of base, while Wall + Hewley Buster/Iga Blade/etc gives you 600% of base. If you're using Wall, they're only very, very slightly better than +50% DEF buffs.

That's a small complaint, though.

On the other hand, there aren't really any relevant relics going forward with DEF+50% other than Curilla's Burst. Bartzcalibur recurs a lot, but otherwise if you're hunting for +DEF buffs Hewley Buster/Sabin's Wristband is about as relevant as you're gonna get.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I got Thyrus, giving me native wall and shout, which makes me happy, and I have Omnirod for her proshellga and major regen, buuuuuut... No medica for her. I guess I can rw a medica, but then I'm swapping rw wall permanently for medica permanently :(

First ffrk world problems I guess. Are there any healing bsbs I could rw for her that have strong enough healing commands to last though ultimate level fights?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Woop woop, 3/11, no dupes: Quina's Hairpin for SSB Frog Drop (and a sick piece of gear), Lenna's Zeus Mace for SSB Curaga + RES up, Sazh's Deneb Duelers for a party ATK boost.

The Hairpin in particular is super welcome and the only piece of armor in the game that boosts water damage, though I don't really have any way to take advantage of that at the moment. FF5 is now far and away my most stacked realm now that I have Bartz, Faris, and Gilgamesh's BSBs and a Curaga medica for Lenna. The Duelers aren't too great because I already have a pair of stronger FF13 guns, and Godsend is usually going to be a better SB for Sazh to use, but I'll probably get some mileage out the boostga on a CM at some point.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
List of Relics:

Lust Dagger (III)
Shadowblade (IV)
Excalibur (V)
Lightbringer (VI)
Sin's Talon (X)
Platinum Sword (T)
Almasy Revolver (VIII)
Hewley Buster (VII-CC)
Iga Blade (T)
Thor Hammer (V)
Holy Lance (VI)
Drill (VI)
Bistro Fork (IX)
Gungnir (III)
Javelin (VII)
Giant's Gloves (II)
Maverick (VIII)
Platinum Fist (VII)
Dragon Claws (VI)
Dragon's Claws (IX)
Dragon Claws (II)
Power Circle (XIII)
Sphairai (XIV)
Faerie Rod (IV)
Full Metal Rod (X)
Strange Vision (VIII)
Asura's Rod (IX)
Wizard Rod (IX)
Bomb Core (IV)
Punisher (IX)
Zeus Mace (XII)
Seraphic Rod (I)
Whale Whisker (VI)
Holy Wand (III)
Thyrus (XIV)
Judicer's Staff (XII)
Power Staff (V)
Mace of Zeus (V)
Artemis Bow (II)
Dream Harp (IV)
Lamia Harp (IV)
Mystic Whip (V)
Fire Lash (V)
Sentinel's Grimoire (Core)
Shotgun (VII)
Deneb Duellers (XIII)
Sirius Sidearms (XIII)
Canopus AMPs (XIII)
Sirius (VIII)
Crystal Comb (VII)
Guardian Targe (X)
Platinum Shield (XII)
Golden Hairpin (IX)
Keepsake Ribbon (VII)
Lulu's Hairpin (X)
Feathered Cap (IV)
Sorceress's Crown (VIII)
Seifer's Coat (VIII)
Kefka's Cloak (VI)
Golden Armor (II)
Traveler's Vestment (XII)
High Summoner's Robe (X)
White Robe (I)
Thunder Gloves (IX)
Gauntlets (III)
Temple Gloves (XIV)
Onion Gauntlets (III)
Sabin's Armlet (VI)

Social Psychology
Mar 25, 2015
1/11, Almasy Revolver

I guess it's a bad pull, but I'll take any VIII synergy, especially a sword

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
Got Basch's + holy shield, which is always nice for my Excalibur-wielding Celes.

And a Strago SSB which will be ok for CM, except I already got a good CM team. And a Sazh + attack + magic blink gun.

Seems like a reasonable pull for 25 mythril.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
FF7 event finished. Ultimate wasn't a problem even with the AOE 100% accuracy stop because my team was just that ridiculous, the Ultimate+ actually took a few tries because the boss's weak phase really dumps out tons of damage (on the successful run only Sephiroth in BSB mode and Yuffie were left standing), and the Ultimate++ went down even with me somehow messing up and removing Penelo's BSB from her SB selection instead of her shared SB.

Jumped on the Lucky draw and my pull was two copies of Edward's BSB (combined together immediately) and a copy of Selphie's BSB, which is incredibly lucky given this isn't guaranteed BSBs. I'm actually tempted to start using Edward over Ramza now, and there might just barely be enough stuff to get a mage team going now with Selphie BSB's 30% MAG/MND boost.

Also I now have a harp with 142 ATK before the augment rank of 2, which ties it with my augmented FF4 Excalibur for highest ATK ignoring RS. It's a Harp.

:what:

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.

AweStriker posted:

1/11, Cerberus Shell gun. Even not counting OKburst I have a better faithga

What up 1/11 Shotgun buddy. :unsmith:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

My phone breaks for two weeks, get back on glad my game wasn't lost. So I do a pull on the Lucky Draw... and get a dupe of Seifer's coat. :negative:

At least I didn't miss Orbfest alike I feared I might.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
1/11, Crystal Comb. Decent enough, I suppose. At least it's not something I already have. :toot:

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

2/11 Mystic Whip and Lulu's Hairpins. Not terrible but not really what I was hoping for. Oh well.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'm at 76 mythril. After the bad pulls everyone else is posting, no way am I going to give up the chance for a second pull on XIV/a pull on OSBfest.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Bomb Core and dupe Lust Dagger. Bomb Core will be awesome for IV CMs. I am alright with this.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

victrix posted:

I got Thyrus, giving me native wall and shout, which makes me happy, and I have Omnirod for her proshellga and major regen, buuuuuut... No medica for her. I guess I can rw a medica, but then I'm swapping rw wall permanently for medica permanently :(

First ffrk world problems I guess. Are there any healing bsbs I could rw for her that have strong enough healing commands to last though ultimate level fights?

Eiko BSB if you're using a physical oriented team, Relm BSB if you're using a mage or mixed party that can't make as much use of Eiko's crit-fixing.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"
So I felt like throwing 25 in hopes of getting something, anything to get over this spider bump and get my first MC3. Lots of Mythril left to mine out of realms.

And now I regret this decision. Two SBs strictly worse than the Jecht Shot I already have, but I guess Rikku's not bad?

NBHS fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 19, 2016

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

victrix posted:

Mate this is way better for utility.

RW Walls give you walls and nothing else.

RW medicas can give you critical chance +50%, party esuna, party hastes, magic blink, re-raise, guts, stoneskin and magic/ mind buffs and that isn't even considering the burst commands!

Yshtola can also take wrath - no downtime on wall is very good, and the loss of ability slot is more than made up for by the RW burst commands.

Inge fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 19, 2016

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Pulled on this and...well just LOOK!

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

NBHS posted:

So I felt like throwing 25 in hopes of getting something, anything to get over this spider bump and get my first MC3. Lots of Mythril left to mine out of realms.

And now I regret this decision. Two SBs strictly worse than the Jecht Shot I already have, but I guess Rikku's not bad?

Luneth's Swordshower SSB is good

if you combo it with his BSB and a wind imperil

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm not touching this lucky draw with a ten foot pole, at least until the festival banners are datamined. If Onion Gauntlets aren't on any of those banners then maybe I'll take a shot at it.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I did okay. Pulled a couple Sazh guns and some other stuff

But seriously that Lamia Harp is bananas. It's got 135 attack, higher than any other 5 star I have, even other bursts despite it being ranged, Imperil Holy, Shout-level Boostga, and various breaks on the burst commands.

Sesq fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Yeah the Lamia Harp is my strongest weapon and probably will be until I get an OSB. Shame the game thinks Edward is a mage when I hit optimize, lol

• Locked thread